[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /p/, can you recommend any resources for learning to be better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Portrait-Retouching.jpg (287 KB, 979x494) Image search: [Google]
Portrait-Retouching.jpg
287 KB, 979x494
Hey /p/, can you recommend any resources for learning to be better at portrait retouching?

I've been shooting portraits, fashion, cosplay, etc for a very long time, and I'm pretty good with direction and the photography side, but I worked with an excellent retoucher for many years and never got good at that side of things. I'm on my own now, and I really need to get better at it if I want to keep shooting this kind of stuff.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Photographernamit patil
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width979
Image Height494
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:10:21 18:58:33
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width979
Image Height494
>>
>>2847185
What... the... fuck... is that image? The "after" shot looks like a fucking cartoon. Jesus.

Anyways, do some youtube searching for professional retouching. Watch the long ones (like 20 minutes or more) and you'll learn a LOT.
>>
>>2847565
The frequency separation part was kinda informative if you haven't seen that done before, but holy shit does she rape the portrait in part II.
>>
Chill guys, the "after" is actually just CGI. It's all a joke.
I mean who the hell would believe that's even a picture.
>>
>>2847185
You don't retouch portraits. You shoot them well with good lights and octagonal softboxes 5 meters high.
>>
>before
absolute qt
>after
plastic doll
what's the point?
>>
>>2847192
>>2847658
It was the first result for "portrait retouching" on Google.

>>2847565
Thanks, I'll check those out.

Finding good places to learn this stuff is harder than one might think, because 99% of the shit out there goes for full plastic mode like the "after" pic up there does.
>>
>>2847777
I got almost all of my knowledge from a trip named Photoshop® here on /p/ a few years ago. He hasn't been around almost at all in years, but was completely invaluable in his knowledge and his eagerness to share it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.