[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you LA /p/hags going to this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: PhotoConLA_twitter2.png (64 KB, 1400x700) Image search: [Google]
PhotoConLA_twitter2.png
64 KB, 1400x700
Any of you LA /p/hags going to this shit?
>>
>>2843909
why? so I can meet some shitter like zack arias or eric kim spew their bullshit? no thanks anon
>>
>>2843927
>I rather stay inside and take photos of my chinese cartoon figurines than going out to meet other people and maybe risk a scratch on my expensive glass.
>>
>>2843909
I would stridently suggest that any film fags get down and be the first in line when the doors open.
If anyone has brought cheap film with them, you can bet it won't last long.
>>
>>2843909

As someone that just found out about this and is a newbie to photography, is this worth going to? Sat or Sun? Or both?

Thanks.
>>
Is this shit worth $10?
>>
>>2844069
>>2844129
Dunno, this is the first time they've done one of these in like 10+ years. I figure I'll go check it out for the hell of it.

Mostly the lure is cheap gear and the fact that all the camera companies will be there to let you fuck around with their stuff. I'm in the market for an XPro2 and lenses, but I have no idea if their deals will actually be deals or not.
>>
>>2844258

I hope it's slightly more significant than a glorified swap meet.

I'll probably go tomorrow, the schedule looks more interesting than Sunday.
>>
I'm about to head down there, should be in around 1 or so. Keep an eye out for an overweight 3 day bearded nu-male looking fuck with an olive drab jacket and an X100 if you want to say hi.
>>
kek, so I went and while I was at Nikon's booth I saw Joe McNally sitting at a table looking bored and being ignored by everybody. I would have gone and talked to him but I've met him before and he's a douche. (I love his work and want his career, though.)

If anybody's interested in any kind of gear in particular, I have the little booklet of deals from today and I can tell you what's on sale if you're interested. (Note that a lot of manufacturer booths had their own deals that aren't in the book, though.)
>>
Quick tip: I asked if Fuji had any film to sell me and they said no but they could give me a free roll. Got a 120 roll of Pro 400H, bretty good.
>>
>>2844732
Oh nice, I didn't even think of talking film with them. I spent like an hour playing with X-system shit though.

I'm going to take my Nikon gear down there tomorrow and see just how much trade credit the Samys guys are down to give me. I'm pretty damn close to paying for a whole XPro2 setup if they're decent about it. (i.e. halfway between KEH cash price and cheapest CL prices.)
>>
>>2843909
Might go tomorrow.
>>
>>2843931
not the guy you're responding to but
>not going to a photo convention
>going outside and taking photos

you can pick both, you know this, right?
>>
>>2844732
I ended up getting a whole box of 120 Velvia from them!

It may have helped that I shot the shit with their guys for like an hour and then bought an X-Pro2 and three lenses, though...
>>
>>2846043
fffff, I'm helly jelly. Equal parts jelly that you got a box of Velvia for free and that you got an X-Pro2 with 3 lenses... Congrats man!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.