[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nikon Df The Df is the most underrated camera on the market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 463x318) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 463x318
>Nikon Df

The Df is the most underrated camera on the market

>That D4 sensor
>That signal to noise ratio
>That light weight
>That instantaneous start-up time
>That battery life
>That no shutter lag
>That no button lag at all
>That lens compatibility

I will be the first to admit that it has a few flaws, primarily the AF system and the single card slot but the pros heavily outweigh the cons, plus the competing products have severe flaws too.. Even the D750 has no AF-ON button, absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>>
>>2837179
D I A L S
I
A
L
S
>>
>>2837179
>That instantaneous start-up time
Are there 21st century SLRs that don't have instantaneous start-up time?
likewise. Right now I could get the D810 for the same price as the Df, and I'm not certain the Df does anything better.
>>
The interface is a clusterfuck and it feels terrible in the hand, though, plus it's overpriced. A small body with the D4 sensor would be the ideal camera for me, but the Df doesn't cut it.
>>
I'll forgive the chunkiness.
My criticism is purely that it's too modern on the back. They should've thrown a lot more away, otherwise it just doesn't work.
>>
>>2837179
>TFW I'm considering buying one as as side piece for my birthday present to myself
>inb4 buy glass - I got all kinds f@m
>>
>>2837190
>Are there 21st century SLRs that don't have instantaneous start-up time?
The metric hasn't had any value for years but cnet still tests it.
http://www.cnet.com/products/nikon-d7200/2/
>>
dgaf about this hipster shit camera, hey nikon give me a body that isn't consumer crippled like the D610/D750 or isn't a pita 36mp SSD killing machine D810.

Give me the D5 sensor in a D810 body with the D810 build and I will personally fly to japan and suck all your dicks
>>
I may or may not have just pulled the trigger on one of these.
>>
>>2837179
here are kai's thoughts on the Df:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNm54U1nQ4
>>
>>2838203
Congratulations, you fucked your ass.
>>
File: DF and FM2.jpg (252 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
DF and FM2.jpg
252 KB, 1024x678
ayy lmao
>>
>>2838391
It's like the before and after of a woman who gained 3 kids, 30 years, and 80 pounds.
>>
>>2838412
>The Americanization of cameras
>>
I know it's a troll post but

Always surprised me how Nikon has fucking laggy menus even on pro cameras while Canon, Sony, etc don't, even my fucking Sigma DP2 Merrill has instant reaction to menu choices. While most Nikons have noticeable menu lag. I need to try a D800 yet, though.
>>
>>2838417
No lag in my D800 menu.

But navigating it is still kinda shitty.
>>
>>2838391
lmao
>>
>>2838417
I'd swear Nikon has gotten worse. My D300S and D3S had no lag, while it's pretty noticeable on my D610.
>>
OP and Df owner here (obviously)

While many Nikon shooters will think their body has n button lag, they will quickly realize that they actually do if they were to try a Df, D810 or flagship model.

If anyone is actually curious, try a D750 compared to one of the other models mentioned next time you are at your local camera store, there is a visible delay between button pushes and the change actually being made while on the Df it is instantaneous, or at least fast enough that it is completely unnoticable.

The D610 suffers with it, as well as the D750 etc.

Ok, maybe not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things but I guarantee it is enough to drive you crazy if you have a camera that is actually responsive compared to something slow and laggy, it is just plain frustrating.

If anyone has any questions about the camera feel free t ask, I am genuinely a fan of both the performance and design but will admit to any flaws that I have come across.
>>
>>2838412
>It's like the before and after of a woman who gained 3 kids, 30 years, and 80 pounds.
It's perfect.

This is how we describe the crutches we gave our cameras.
>>
>>2838087
>Give me the D5 sensor in a D810 body with the D810 build and I will personally fly to japan and suck all your dicks
Better start practicing. What makes you think they /won't/ put out something like the D700?

>>2838417
The fucking Fujis man, those are slow.
>>
>>2838203
shouldve gotten a pentax k1, classic not (retarded) retro
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.