[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling Camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Gott.jpg (404 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
Gott.jpg
404 KB, 1000x662
What ever happened with the /p/ travelling camera? I quit 4chan for a good chunk of time and now that I'm back I haven't heard anything about it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-50
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)36 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:02:10 15:31:48
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.38 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height662
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>2835924
It was stolen by someone along the way. Fucking bastards.
>>
Kek

I'll supply a new camera if anyone wants. I'm a canada
>>
>>2835929
wut camer
>>
>>2835930
No idea. I've got a cupboard full of them. Some nice "panoramic" point and shoots, which are essentially 35mm versions of those old brownie box cameras. Only thing that moves is the shutter, and there is only one speed.
>>
ayya stole the Great Patriotic Capitalist Bald Eagles n Shit Merica Fuck Yea Traveling Freedom Camera
>>
>>2835934

can you speak something that is not pure stupidity?
>>
>>2835924
newjag here
what is travelling camerA?
>>
>>2835993

1. OP volunteers a cheap camera to be mailed from anon to anon.
2. Anon signs up to be on the list of recipients of the travelling camera. There are a few stipulations:
3. a) Don't steal the camera. This is obvious, yet pretty much every single travelling camera has ended up "stolen" (though more likely, given how anti-prolific /p/hotographers are, they got the camera, couldn't eke out a single roll, and were too ashamed to send it to the next person)
3. b) The camera arrives with a roll of film, starting with the OP who includes one for the first person on the list. Use that roll of film, and then include another when you finish it and send it out to the next recipient.
3. c) You'll pay postage, as did the person before you.
3. d) You'll post the photos you get from the travelling camera to /p/, so that we all may revel in its glory.
3. e) You should live somewhere reasonably close to the original sender, so that no one specific person gets stuck with the ridiculous postage of sending it overseas. For this reason, there have typically been American travelling cameras and Yuro Travel Kamz (as they are so fond to call it).
4. The camera eventually disappears, the community fragments a little more.

Sugar is a faggot bandwagoneer who is desperate to be a cool kid and was the last person to start a travelling camera. It ended in blind accusation (as you can see here) two years ago and there is so little collective energy and goodwill left on this board that no one has started a new one.
>>
>>2836010
I have a zorki fed 3 and Jupiter 8 I can supply for the yuro cam if folks want
>>
File: .jpg (1 MB, 3141x1448) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
1 MB, 3141x1448
I know this is sound stupid/lame/gay, but can we invent something like digital equivalent?
Without sending anything, but with some spirit and stuff. Maybe /int/ can help, theirs photography threads are good sometimes.

Also there are a lot of some math-cryptography-magic that can add something into it.
>>
>>2836258
The whole point is to have a single camera that makes it around to all of us, so we're all part of it. Doing it digitally without mailing the camera defeats most of the purpose of the "traveling camera"
>>
>>2836258
I can imagine some sort of chain-letter thing with raw files, international "double exposure" stuff and things like that.
>>
>>2836261
Reality sucks, when it comes to kleptomaniacs and quality of postal services.
>>
>>2836258

very gay indeed.
>>
>>2836266
No disagreement there.

Could be slightly corrected with accountability. Taking a list of names and addresses, and people posting when they get it and when they ship it off. You'd know who has it at any given time, and if it goes missing, you'd know one of two people did it (The guy who claimed to have shipped it along, or the guy who claimed to never have gotten it)

But this is /p/. Who's going to put that up?
>>
i proposed the idea of having a southamerican traveling cam, but people here are so cheap it wouldnt even pass one person lol. and it might get very stolen, obvs.
>>
>>2836286
This can work only in Scandinavia or something like that.

But i have some idea - give that camera to other anon personally. Maybe this will help.
>>
>>2835934
Stop telling that stupid lie you fat oblivious fuck.
If she wanted to steal it she'd probably not have posted photos of it first, retard. It was lost in the mail.

>>2836360
I don't get it.
Do you think Scandinavians have good morals or lots of money or what?
Even if they did, I think shipping withing Scandinavia is super expensive.
>>
>>2836444
They have good morals, money, and most important - it is consistent through almost all population.
In any other country this chain will stop on first asshole, and that will happen pretty quickly.
>>
>>2836444
Didn't someone take it with them to China or India or something? Or had it shipped to them there? I forget the timeline of events.
>>
>>2836444
"lost in the mail"

if only
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.