[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X70 and Lightroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Trump Walking Onstage (1 of 1).jpg (643 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Trump Walking Onstage (1 of 1).jpg
643 KB, 1000x667
Took my X70 to a Trump rally just now. I also got the Creative Cloud and I've noticed that as I load an image, LR will change the colors just a bit after it has loaded my RAW file. Is there a way to stop that? It seems like it saturates the image a bit and it teases me with colors I prefer as it loads the image and then takes it away.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX70
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:22 21:41:55
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness0.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.50 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2775710
Lightroom General Presets -> Zeroed
Also, Camera calibration -> profile -> adobe standard or embedded
>>
>>2775716

Awesome, thank you. I'm really digging this camera so far and LR is also new to me.
>>
>>2775717
i also wanted to know but never looked about. it was a simple google search tbqhf. film presets how are they? post more pics
>>
>>2775710
You're probably gonna get hassled by gr fanboys

Also taking a camera to a trump rally is genius, I would do it but I'm not white so they'd probably lynch me or something
>>
>>2776046

are you serious dude? Look at all the cameras in the room...
>>
>>2776046
Have you seen how many blacks and Hispanics support trump?

Don't subscribe to the "Trump is an beleeb in waaacist" meme Facebook has been feeding you.
>>
>>2776046
Reddit is that way.
>>
>>2775710
pol? is that u
>>
>>2776065

OP here, I did post this in last nights rally bread. There were a few other photos taken there by other /pol/ users but they didn't have the angle to where I could see where I was sitting. I did post another shot in that bread, though. I am new to LR and the x70 so I made a bread here.
>>
>>2776056
I mean as in taking snapshits and such, most people are taking their phones or cameras to get photos of or with trump but There's probably lots of other interesting things to shoot at a trump rally
>>
>>2776061
You must be very smart!
>>
File: bla.jpg (202 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
bla.jpg
202 KB, 1000x1500
>>2775716
not OP, but I tried this and it didn't really work. Here's how the picture originally looked in the raw (or very close to that)

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E1
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X-E1 Ver2.30
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:22 10:54:34
Exposure Time1/38 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-6.8 EV
Exposure Bias-1.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4896
Image Height3264
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
SharpnessHard
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationUnknown
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeManual
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAperture Prior AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
File: bla1.jpg (764 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
bla1.jpg
764 KB, 1000x1500
>>2775716
>>2776191
and here's how it looked like imported in lightroom with the presets zeroed and the camera calibration to adobe standard

I feel like I made a mistake somewhere...

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:23 19:50:36
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-6.8 EV
Exposure Bias-1.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2776195
are you sure you imported the RAW and not the JPEG?
>>
>>2776195

The guy who told you to switch to Adobe Standard was wrong. Changing profiles is exactly why you're seeing the colors and contrast change. I don't know if Lightroom has camera profiles yet for the X70. I doubt it.

You're just going to have to shoot RAW + JPEG and try and get the raw to match what the jpeg looks like. It's a pain, but it's good practice at the same time.
>>
>>2776197
yeah, the JPEG I posted was just because I shot JPEG + raw and wanted to show how the RAF file (almost) looked like
>>2776199
I don't have an X70, I have an XE-1 but afaik Adobe has no profiles for Fuji whatsoever

>You're just going to have to shoot RAW + JPEG and try and get the raw to match what the jpeg looks like
you mean with normal developing (sliders etc.)?One of my biggest problems is the graininess of the pictures. I mean, Fuji files normally look decent at even 6400 ISO, but after the LR import I might've as well stuck to my Canon there desu
>>
>>2776201

When you click the Profile drop-down menu in the Camera Calibration pane, what options do you have?
>>
>>2776207
adobe standard and a bunch of VSCO presets

It also says 2012 (current) above that
>>
>>2775716
Adobe standard is the worst camera profile no matter which camera you use. The best thing to do when processing the raw is to choose a camera profile first.

>>2776201
wtf?! sure it has (see below).
When using LR turn NR in camera to -2, LR can't deal with it anyway. If you really think it's too much noise, then use the luminance slider to reduce it. Also make sure you leave the sharpness slider at 25, but turn detail to 100.

>>2776207
Provia (Standard)
Velvia
Astia
Pro Neg. St.
Pro Neg. HI
+ 4 Monochrome (normal, G/Y/B filter).
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-02-23 20.25.41.png (43 KB, 393x473) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-02-23 20.25.41.png
43 KB, 393x473
>>2776210
seriously? doesn't look like in this screenshot?

>>2776211
not B, but R filter..
>>
>>2776211
>wtf?! sure it has (see below).

Aren't those just profiles for film? which one of these should I use for the Fuji Raw files?
>then use the luminance slider
Well, this does help, but it does make the pictures look a bit softer, even with the sharpness slider
>>
>>2776201
>Lightroom has X100T profiles, imagine x70 aren't far away
>>
>>2776215
exactly, the camera profiles are the same as the film simulations.

>>2776218
Aren't these the profiles for lens correction?
>>
Trying to mimic your camera's JPEG (preview) is pointless IMO.

It's just one of infinite number of ways to process an image.

Usually you can even choose several profiles in-camera - which one is "correct"?
And the default is likely one the marketing department decided on.

Just pick any profile you like.
And you generally do want to apply a contrast curve on import if you're not processing much by hand. - looks far more natural than "zeroed"
>>
>>2776215

Motherfucker, the film profiles ARE the camera profiles. You're always using a film simulation with Fuji.

Look at your camera. What film simulation is it set to? Set the raw profile to that in Lightroom.
>>
>>2775716
GR sabotage. No really I didnt know and was just trying to offer some things to try. So embedded is better than adobe standard?
>>
This thread is all over the place. Here's what's happening: When you first import into lightroom, lightroom uses the jpg that is embedded in the raw as a placeholder. That embedded jpg's look is going to be determined by the profile setting that you set IN THE CAMERA. For example, I have a Sony and it has numerous "Styles" (profiles) that can be set in the camera such as "Vivid", "Neutral", etc. Additionally, with each "Style" I can adjust saturation, contrast and sharpness. The style I pick, and the additional adjustments I make to the "Style" will affect the look of the jpg embedded in the raw. This is what you see when you first import into lightroom. After your photos load, lightroom applies a "Profile" to your image and the look changes. In the case of my Sony, when I drop down the "Profile" box under the "Camera Calibration" tab, I see a list of all the Sony in-camera "Styles". So say I choose "Vivid", Lightroom will apply an APPROXIMATION of the Sony in-camera Style not taking into account any in-camera style adjustments to saturation, contrast or sharpness. For a Fuji you should have all of the Film "Style-Profile-Preset" in the Profile drop-down in Lightroom. If not, then Adobe hasn't made them available yet. I also use Capture One and have all of the Fuji Film profiles available to use with my Sony camera.
>>
>>2776234

We covered that already.
>>
>>2776224
I'm not trying to mimic the JPEG, I just want the RAW files to look the same way after I imported them in LR
>>2776225
even for the RAW files? I pretty much just shot everything in the standard mode, so I guess I should choose Provia/standard then?
>>2776234
I see. Does Canon not have JPEG embedded in the Raw file? Because I don't see many
>>
>>2775710
Great thread anon, really nice photos.
Interesting topic, and we're all pretty excited to see pictures from this new meme camera.

This doesn't seem like bait at all...
>>
>>2776312
>I'm not trying to mimic the JPEG, I just want the RAW files to look the same way after I imported them in LR
That is literally exactly what you are trying to do.

>even for the RAW files? I pretty much just shot everything in the standard mode, so I guess I should choose Provia/standard then?
Yes exactly.
>>
>>2776312
>even for the RAW files?

ESPECIALLY for the raw files. Raw files don't look like anything. They aren't raster graphic files. What you're assuming is your raw file is actually a jpeg preview that your camera builds. The actual raw file that you're processing is data being processed through a profile. There's no way to see it UNTIL it's rendered by a profile, so you might as well choose one that suits you, rather than Adobe Standard.
>>
>>2776312
>Canon not have JPEG embedded
I've never owned a Canon, but I'd hazard a guess that their RAW's have an embedded jpg.
>>
>>2776061
You should run his campaign with how good you are at swaying votes.
>>
>>2776345
Nope, shooter has to decide if they want to build RAW + JPEG or naw.
>>
>>2776211
I've been using lr for over a year now and I can't believe I've never discovered camera profiles.
Is there anywhere I could download a color profile for my a7? That'd be sweet
>>
>>2776491

It likely already has it. Again, if you click on the Profile menu in the Camera Calibration module, you're probably going to have options besides Adobe Standard. It'll be stuff like Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Landscape, etc. Those are color profiles.

If you don't see anything like that, you need to update your bootleg copy of LR.

You can also get third party camera profiles like VSCO.
>>
>>2776475
>>2776345
afaik all raw formats have an *imbedded* jpg preview.
Shooting raw+jpg is a different thing entirely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

http://lclevy.free.fr/cr2/
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.