[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get my images to look like this in post-processing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
How can I get my images to look like this in post-processing?
>>
another example (albeit a bit underexposed)
>>
crush the blacks, make blues more cyan
>>
Make hilights cyan

change blues to cyan

fuck with white balance
>>
>>2730949
I have that same car lmao it's a Matrix Gen Corolla

Anyways there's probably a VSCO filter that does exactly the same thing, it's the new tumblr photo craze.

If you want to do it in your favorite editing software just make black tones to an almost grey and then change blues to cyans and there you go.

Various video tutorials on "muting photos" or "hipsterfy your images"
>>
>>2731147
also seen it referred to as "matte"
>>
File: example.jpg (240 KB, 1000x334) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
240 KB, 1000x334
Look at the image's histogram. You'll want the blacks to be lighter than a value of zero (probably 10-15) and the highlights to be darker than a value of 255 (probably 240).

This will mean that even if there are areas with crushed blacks, the darkest color in the image will only be a very dark one and not anywhere close to black. And even if there are areas with highlight clipping (like on the instrument board of that car), the lightest color will be a very light one and not anywhere close to white.

Then, as >>2731042 said, you'll want to change the highlights to cyan. You can do this by fucking around with the channels, especially by using levels on the channels to increase the blue highlights and then reducing the red a litte bit. Whatever works for the photo.

You'll also want to use a colder white balance. A more blue one.

Here, I'll show you using the Wikimedia Commons picture of the day: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page#/media/File:Hommikune_udu_Kakerdaja_rabas.jpg

Pic related.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:28 19:16:17
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height334
>>
>>2731157
Now, the most important thing is obviously having the most hipster subject material ever. Just giving ideas for how to do it manually.
>>
>>2731157
can you explain how these alterations are done to a PS noob? Ty
>>
>>2731213
there's probably presets in photoshop for this bub
If anything throw it on your phone and VSCO the shit out of it
>>
>>2731213
google curves in photoshop and also white balance in photoshop and crushed blacks in photoshop

they'll likely have screenshots and stuff and it'll be better than trying to explain each ui element over 4chan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.