[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a digital bolex, or a black magic 4K? [EXIF data
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Should I get a digital bolex, or a black magic 4K?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1200
Image Height800
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:02:01 12:36:48
Exposure Time1/160 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1200
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Use the video general or the gear general please. I've heard nothing but bad things about the digital bolex all the same
>>
>>2712195
How exactly does that faux film crank work? I mean, when you fold it out the knob bit will be facing towards the camera body, ungraspable and utterly useless. This makes my autism cringe hard.
>>
>>2712195
they are 2 separate beasts OP, BM4k is super 35 4k and the Bolex is super 16 2k

the BM has higher resolution and a larger sensor for a more big production look.
you are though, going to need a LOT of HD space, hope you like buying terabytes by the dozen

the bolex has a very 16mm look, so if you don't mind sacrificing some DOF control for that 80s-90s indi film look. go for it.

The BM pocket cam is also super 16 an about half the price of the bolex but it is only HD.
>>
>>2712253
Does the micro 4/3 adapter on Bolex, create a 35mm DOF? will it then accept 35mm lens?
>>
File: 6962701848_d93fb072d9_b.jpg (104 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
6962701848_d93fb072d9_b.jpg
104 KB, 900x600
>>2712259
I assume you mean the metabones speed booster, or something like it.

it might get close, I don't know to be honest.
>>
>>2712259
dof is only and exclusive dependant on the sensor size, aperture and focal length. the image circle does not make any difference.
>>
>>2712808
I've been trying to figure out if speedboosters preserve ff DOF. They essentially condense the image down from FF to APSC, so it should.
>>
>>2712808
yes, but the speed booster compresses the FL AND aperture, making the DOF "equivlent" to the larger sensor.
>>2712836
he's a dumbshit, yes it has "FF DOF."
>>
>>2712837
yes but it won't look at the same as true ff
>>
>>2712854
And why is that? Be sure to be specific.
>>
dudes .. please.

forget bokeh with speedboosters. the focal length gets reduced which leads to less bokeh, and what you win with the then relatively larger aperture just compensates it. so when you have a 100mm 2.0 with 0.70 speedbooster you get the bokeh of a 70mm 1.85 which is same as the 100mm 2.0. then you add the crop factor, and that's it. on m43 f.i. that would be a bokeh of a 140mm 2.7, while angle is 140mm but aperture (lightness) is still 1.85. which means on a ff sensor you would need a 140mm lens with 1.85 to get the same angle and lightness but you'd need on m43 a 70mm 0.925 to get the same bokeh. ... think about that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.