[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stand-up paddleboarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 6119_sized.jpg (47 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
6119_sized.jpg
47 KB, 800x533
I would have made this thread on /asp/ but that place looks gay.

Have you ever done this? Is SUPing a fun thing to do outdoors or is it just a meme? Is it easy?
>>
It's not too hard to do. I used to skateboard a lot, so I think that helped a lot.

It's kind of boring though, I always wanted to go faster or for it to be more like surfing.
Lots of places rent them. Get a group and try it out.
>>
it's mellow and fun (if the water's flat). i've done it a couple times in kona and near santa cruz. they're real quiet, and you just cruise along, so animals aren't scared of you. generally better view than a kayak because you can stand, but if you get tired of standing you can sit.

check the local weather patterns though-trying to paddle one of those fuckers against even a slight headwind sucks ass.

once you get some experience (or like biffing into water more than i do) you can surf them.
>>
>>751472
it's fun. i used to do it all the time. perhaps we invented it, because i had never heard of it before. back in the late 90s i was galveston county beach patrol. that is beach lifeguards. we had huge 10 foot foam boards for rescues, but they were pretty much just super bouyant longboards. so half of our work out sessions just dissolved into us surfing tiny galveston waves. and we had sea kayaks as well of course, so when we started surfing the kayaks came out. and yea, i can remember back in like '97 we were using kayak paddles on these foam longboards. but we were just a bunch of kids getting paid to work out and be lifegaurds.

i sure as fuck would not buy a paddleboard settup. the water has to be super calm. and kayaking is more fun for going places. and surfing is more fun for waves.
>>
File: why.jpg (27 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
27 KB, 586x330
>>751472
It's easy as hell. Females with no experience in the water can do it after a few tries.

Go ahead, as long as you stay the fuck out of the surf.

SUPers here are a fucking plague taking every single wave from half a fucking kilometre out on their retarded boat-tier boards so they can just cruise to shore. If the surf is three foot or smaller there's just swarms of them.
>>
I prefer kayaking.

I just don't find it as fun.
>>
>>751472
looks boring as all hell after you've made it past the 10 minutes it takes to master it.
>>
I don't really see the point? I saw people doing this yesterday on the gross Chicago river. Plus, I wouldn't want to stand for that long without being able to walk anywhere.
>>
Looks like you'd be so tensed up you'd end up with hemorrhoids the size of a grape cluster after an hour.
>>
File: SUP Yoga.png (1 MB, 1136x754) Image search: [Google]
SUP Yoga.png
1 MB, 1136x754
I'm training to teach paddleboard yoga. It's pretty cool. I'd rather tool around the bay in a canoe or kayak though.
>>
File: got sprung and busted a nut.gif (2 MB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
got sprung and busted a nut.gif
2 MB, 636x357
>>752089
>dat ass
>>
>>752089
>Paddleboard yoga
K.
>>
>>751472
i would eat her ass
>>
File: 1461419306107.jpg (239 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461419306107.jpg
239 KB, 800x1200
>>751472
I find it relaxing. I paddle along coasts with the open sea on one side.
Depending on the size of the board you can even paddle with resonably sized waves coming in. If stopping Just face the nose of the board towards the waves and youll be fine.
If you're about to fall you fall in the sea and not ontop of the board as that will damage it or it will leave you with bruises.
I reccomend using the safety rope around the ancle.
Have slight bend in knees.
Use upper body (not arms) when doing the padling motion. (gets you longer without fatigue.) i can reccomend it.
Feeling the sea water cross over my feet at times and being so close to the water is a whole other experience.
Pro Tip- ancle rope can be used as ancor.
Tie a rock to one end and drop it down.
The you can stay still out on the water without floating away. And you get some tan :) good luck to you.
>>
>>751509
Girl sports train balance better than boy sports so females should be better at it.

>>752520
They have that here. It's fun to watch.
>>
>>751509
I'm sure you're shredding those three-footers on your short board faggot.
>>
>>753071
>triggered SUP or longboarder
I ride a hybrid in small surf. Are you trying to say you can't shred or improve in three foot surf? Are you trying to say it's okay for a plague of people who, were it not for the extreme ease of SUPing, wouldn't be in the water to completely shit up every local break on small days with their huge boards flying everywhere and complete lack of etiquette? Are you trying to do some le epik troling xd?
Enjoy your (You) m8.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.