[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /out/, Currently working like fuck thesedays and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: DSC00169.jpg (261 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
DSC00169.jpg
261 KB, 576x768
Hi /out/,

Currently working like fuck thesedays and I've just lost all motivation to go /out/.

Anyone had to deal with this shit before? I don't know what's wrong with me... I have all this fucking gear but just not using it since every time I get home on a Friday I just want to stay in bed til 12 all day and fuck around at home until Monday...

Major /out/ pictures thread in order...
>>
>>753599
I have the opposite.

I work long 48 - 60 hour weeks and lately I especially feel the drive to get out. The things I used to enjoy.. TV, alcohol, video games, weed, going to bars with friends to try and pick up women, boxing... all of those things don't amuse me anymore. They seem hollow.

Ask yourself this Anon.

Why do you work so much? Is it to earn more money? What will you do with that money? Will you buy a new car to impress people? Will you buy new clothes to impress people? Will you buy alcohol? Will you treat yourself to a new video game?

Do those things make you happy? Are they worth the long hours of trading your life in exchange for a wage? Do they make you permanently happy or do you eventually desire something else?

We're taught by marketing and the general social attitude in the modern world that our happiness comes from things; that people will respect us more if we dress a certain way or have a fancy home or a fancy car to impress them. We're taught that respect is important; and that working all our lives for material possessions is right because those material possessions will make us happy.

How happy are you right now Anon?

Happiness comes from love. It comes from genuine human interaction with good people and simple activities; it comes from getting /out/ with friends or even alone, it comes from being content with what we have and realizing we have everything we need to be happy.

Get yourself /out/. Ask yourself how much of the shit you own was worth the price you paid for it; considering the price you paid wasn't money but actually portions of your life that you will never get back.
>>
>>753610
Welp that's sorted me the fuck out.
>>
>>753620
Don't be a prisoner of the consumerist system Anon.

Be kind. Wear what you like. Ask yourself if these material things are actually worth your respect or if they're just proof that the acquirer of said object is so asleep and plugged into the system that they're willing to spend their lives wasting their time earning money to purchase things they don't need just so they can impress their peers; because it's what advertising has told us will make us happy.

Everything is wrong. Our species is seriously out of touch with our place in the universe. We value things over people and we have people starving on the streets and in third world countries while we waste our money on the latest Iphone.

Just remember. We aren't a result of the big bang, we are the big bang; it is an ongoing process and we aren't our individual bodies; we are our planet and we are each other. Zoomed out enough our planet would look like one object, and each of us are like atoms that together make up a whole; and that whole is our entire eco system right down from the smallest bug to the largest animal. The space between us is a lie and we are but small cogs in an entire cosmic clockwork.

Be aware of your place in the universe and be more than just a wage slave permanently chasing false happiness when we already have everything we need.
>>
>>753610
>>753620
/thread
That's some Seneca shit right there
>>
Don't waste the next 5 minutes shitposting; instead spend them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDu3JdQ8Ow
>>
>>753610

While I agree with pretty much all of this there is still satisfaction of a hard days work that is utter bliss. This is why I think finding a job that you absolutely love is by far the most important quest a man must face in his life.

I look at strangers passing in the streets, the solem administrators, servants, analysists, and I just can't comprehend why they choose to live like this. It utterly boggles the fuck out of me.
>>
>>753718
Amen to that Brother.
>>
File: 1457401358844.gif (2 MB, 196x187) Image search: [Google]
1457401358844.gif
2 MB, 196x187
>>753634
>>
>>753774
>This gif

Oh I am in stitches
>>
>>753599
Often when people work a lot they neglect essential things like eating right and sleeping enough because they have poor time management and are lazy. No sleep and poor nutrition GREATLY exacerbate the feeling of fatigue.

If most people just exercised regularly and slept and ate well they'd have ample energy to do the things they say they want to do.

Not having the motivation to do things you say you want to do is a choice you've made. Working a lot is fine if that's what you want to do but there's really no excuse for not doing simple things you like, such as going /out/.

I think you need to seriously think about your life and re-evaluate your priorities. Don't keep plugging away in a direction you're going to regret.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.