[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappearances in parks - Missing 411
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: MissingClusters1.jpg (44 KB, 626x319) Image search: [Google]
MissingClusters1.jpg
44 KB, 626x319
All my life, my mom has been yelling at me to stop hiking alone. She was an avid hiker for most of her life until her 40's, she began believing that it was too dangerous to go hiking/backpacking alone. I always thought she was just over-dramatic until I began listening to these stories.

Supposedly, there are many many people who are disappearing in national parks and national forests. On top of that, there are also many young men who are being found dead in the Mississippi river in the Midwest.

Does anybody have any opinions on this guy's research? Is it legit? Or totally insane? Here are some links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqON6mkJlUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpDqDGEZB54
>>
I've hiked alone in the woods in pitch blackness far away from anything. Didn't get murdered, raped, or eaten. But it is pretty eerie when you get that feeling that you're being watched. There probably are serial killers who prey on loners in the woods though, easy target and low chance of being caught.
>>
>>736614
In high school I did a lot of night hiking. Just a flashlight through wetlands, I only had one strange experience. This was also in an extremely isolated place where killers wouldn't even bother going.

This David Paulides guy is saying that he doesn't believe it's killers though. Here are some of the facts he's stated

>Kids disappear from their parents in under ten seconds
>Bodies show up in places that have already been searched
>Bodies show up on top of cliffs that require rock climbing gear or extremely strenuous hikes
>Many disappearances in the same places, specifically Arizona and Yosemite Nat. Park
>Bloodhounds not finding any scent at all
>Search and rescue teams reporting finding campsites in bizarre places

Also for the young men in the Midwest:

>Young men, college aged, are found dead in the Mississippi with a smiley face graffiti'd next to the body
>>
The guy is a bigfoot fanatic and has written lots of books on the subject. Missing 411 is just another attempt to build attention for bigfoot and his other works.

Also, he's kind of an idiot. He refuses to believe that people dying of hypothermia would remove their clothes, despite the fact that this is a well documented occurrence. As a last attempt to stay warm the body will move blood from the core to the surface which causes the person to feel hot and flushed, prompting many to remove their clothes to "cool off" because they don't realize what's actually happening.
>>
>>736618
Interesting. But what about the bodies showing up in places that have already been searched? And bodies ending up on the top of cliffs?
>>
File: FILE1426-L.jpg (113 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FILE1426-L.jpg
113 KB, 800x600
Eh. People are dumb. I'd wager the majority of weekend-warrior types don't carry more than they need for their anticipated plan.
And when that plan goes to shit .... weather, injury, accident, whatever... they're completely lost and i'd say half of them start making bad decisions, compounding the problem. (Bad decisions like not trusting equipment (or worse yet, trusting equipment they don't know how to use), going against instincts, attempting a self-rescue beyond their capabilities, etc).

Going /out/ alone isn't dangerous. It's the planning and decisions before and during your /out/ing that makes it dangerous. I ride my motorcycle in the woods, at night, and alone on a fairly regular basis.... but I know I have the skills and tools/equipment to take care of myself and my moto, and also have the knowledge and humility to know when to throw in the towel and call for outside help (along with having equipment to facilitate that request).

>>736614
I've gotten that feel before, fairly certain it was a mountain lion both times. A motorcycle gets me a lot further into the woods, where it's unlikely to find hikers/serialkillers simply because of the ground I can cover.

and those videos?
>all 5 hours worth of them?
tl;dw
>>
>>736618
Fuck you and your ""science"" dude, this guy is an hero
>>
File: goat.jpg (244 KB, 798x590) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
244 KB, 798x590
>>
skinwalkers
>>
>>736627
Yep.
>>
this fucking shit again?

>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>
>>736631
No fuck off. /x/ is stupid. They don't know a single thing about the outdoors and they just talk about Humanoid lizard monsters.

We all spend time in the outdoors here, and we've all (maybe) seen a weird thing or two in the woods. These stories are obviously weird and highly relevant to this board.
>>
>>736636

>highly relevant

/x/ pls go.
>>
>>736582
>National Parks
>Illinois

wat?
>>
>>736639
Shawnee National Forest

>>736638
/lbgt/ please go
>>
>>736636
i live in the woods, i play in the woods, i spend weeks every year running around the backcountry of the high seirra and yosemite (epicenter of where this faggot is claiming this is going on). i have never seen anything weird in the woods. fuck off.

>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>
>>736642
>my anecdotal evidence is super important and I am a special snow flake. Please make this thread on /x/

The gay community would probably like you a lot more
>>
Footage in Colorado of different cases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRugaY-5olk
>>
>>736643
>my retarded conspiracy theories about giant apes that murder people that are utterly discarded by any sort of credible scientific source are relevant to any board outside the defined paranormal one

and i was responding to
>we've all (maybe) seen a weird thing or two in the woods.
now we can conclusively say that we have NOT all seen a weird thing in the woods.

>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>
>>736640

That's still not a National park
>>
>>736646
None of these videos suggest a single thing about any conspiracy theory-tier claims. Only presents evidence of disappearances in forests.

>we can conclusively say that we have not all seen a weird thing in the woods
Yeah that's why I said "maybe". You seriously sound like a nutcase. Seek solace with fellow emotional basket cases at one of 4chan's homosexual boards.

>>736649
The thread says "national parks and national forests". It's not hard to read folks.
>>
>>736619
People can die on cliffs anon, no different from dying down from one.
Body thing would be they didn't find the body earlier or the person was still making themselves innawoods.
Not everything is interesting unfortunately, so this is just people hiking and messing up, by either getting lost or doing things they can't handle.
>>
People overestimate their abilities and underestimate what they need. Many times they don't realize they are in trouble till it's too late to do anything or they start panicking and make bad decisions. Every hike or camping trip is a risk, but if you're smart about facing of you'll most likely come back.
>>
>>736617
>ppear from their parents in under ten seconds
>>Bodies show up in places that have already been searched
>>Bodies show up on top of cliffs that require rock climbing gear or extremely strenuous hikes
>>Many disappearances in the same places, specifically Arizona and Yosemite Nat. Park
>>Bloodhounds not finding any scent at all
>>Search and rescue teams reporting find
This reminds me of something on Art Bell or Coast or Coast years ago. They were looking for a little boy and they found him way up on some rock cliff he couldn't have got on his own.
>>
>>736620
I wonder how many bad decisions are drug related? I've been camping with inexperienced people and they have no problem getting high and are even more oblivious of the dangers if they wonder off.
>>
>>736673
That was Paulides on Coast to Coast.
>>
File: IMG_1382.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
I live in Southeast Alaska and people go missing about once every 2 or 3 years. One guy came off a cruise ship and told people he was going out hiking and they found his clothing remains about 10 miles from the ship on a sort of not popular trail, a lot of people change their mind about where they are going. When they die bears, wolves, coyotes, ravens, and then bugs take care of the body very quickly. After that I was told that the high acidity of the soil takes care of the bones.

Another thing is I have gone on search parties and you get real good searches where they use grids and do an excellent job, then you get the people who show up because they want to help but they are pretty much useless "did you search down that steep hill?" "I didn't see anything" "but did you physically go down there and look??" "um... yeah.." and you know they didn't

Pic related was a search for a woman that went missing and never was found. You mark off places where you searched. The mountain is littered with mine shafts and that's what I think happened.
>>
>>736682
>I live in Southeast Alaska
Where at? I'm going up to Ketchikan next week.
>>
>>736684
Juneau.
>>
>>736686
Oh, 'kay then. The steelhead running yet?
>>
>>736687
I haven't seen any. We had a very mild winter.
>>
>>736688
Huh. Maybe if I get lucky the midges will be hatching on the lakes while I'm there and I can get in some dry-fly action.
>>
File: DSC09769-L.jpg (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSC09769-L.jpg
67 KB, 800x600
>>736674
jesus, that's not something i'd even considered...

Not much of that in the motorsports world, so that thought never even crossed my mind. Those that drink/smoke usually do so at the trailhead, rather than in the backcountry.

But yeah, that would definitely complicate the decision-making process.
>>
I live in WI.

College kids have been "drowning" in LaCrosse for over a decade. The news always regards it as the "dumb drunk college kid" but UW Madison and UW Milwaukee have more water around yet you don't see a one or two deaths every year.

If there's something Wisconsin is good at producing besides dairy products, it's serial killers.
>>
>>736700
Well as a rule you generally only ever hear about the serial killers that goof or send messages and for any number of reasons it's not like the FBI is going to start screaming "HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS THERE'S A FUCKING SERIAL KILLER OUT THERE".

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are hundreds of active serial killers in the US that have learned to make their victims simply vanish - especially children.
>>
>>736703
I've always had a hard time believing that there are "50 active serial killers in America". There are 350,000,000 people, and a ton of them are completely insane, especially in rural areas. >>736700
Agreed. I also live in Wisconsin, and /out/ has been getting more dangerous whether these cheese-drunk morons want to acknowledge it or not. The drug cartels have moved into the Nicolet national forest, and the police keep catching them. I'm sure there's way more than anybody knows in those woods.

La crosse is sort of a /out/ spot for WI. I go hiking in the driftless region hills sometimes, but it seems pretty safe out there. The amount of la crosse drownings are weird, and Rochester supposedly has had some too.
>>
>>736663
This kid disappeared, and then was found 2 weeks later on top of a bluff with no clear sign of death. The trail to get on top of the bluff was an extremely steep climb too.
>>
>>736674
Most of these cases are with like church groups, or family camping trips.

One college aged student was river rafting the Grand Canyon, and they pulled off on a small box canyon to take a break. The guy just totally vanished, never found a trace of him.
>>
Swear the USA is the mental hospital of the world.
>>
>>736773
Pretty sure that's actually Australia
>>
>>736582
>this spam again

sage
>>
I have two children. Take them /out/ all the time. You cant take your eyes off of them for a second. They dont understand the concept of danger or mortality. I can totally understand young children disappearing. My boy is now 5. He is an avid birder. He will just take of sprinting in the woods after a bird he doesnt recognize. Suppose I just let him run off for 10 minutes. How far would he get? How lost could he get? Most of these "lost" children are the result of neglectful supervision.

Now for a funny story about how kids just dont give a fuck.
>My boy was almost 3.
>Had him at local pond
>We are feeding ducks off the dock.
>he jumps in the pond.
>he can not swim at this time.
>I manage to grab him before he sinks down
>mad as hell I ask him why did you do that
>answers "I dont know"
>>
File: 1442891414179-0.jpg (51 KB, 199x228) Image search: [Google]
1442891414179-0.jpg
51 KB, 199x228
>>736620
>I ride my motorcycle in the woods, at night, and alone on a fairly regular basis
That's got me wondering if are there any cases where people go missing from vehicles.
Everything I've ever heard Paulides talk about involved walkers, never bikes or cars.
>>
>>736617
>Young men, college aged, are found dead in the Mississippi with a smiley face graffiti'd next to the body
No other way around it, in this case serial killer/s are the answer.
>>
>>736636
>/x/ is stupid.
...so the perfect board for this thread then
>>
STOP SHILLING THIS IDIOT
>>
>>736582
I made a 6 km hike on a mountain by the coast side, it only took 4 hours but it was very dificult. I did alone. One week later a class mate disapeared o a short "trail" (it's just a 1,5km path from one beach to another) in the company of 4 friends. They got attacked by bees, got separated and he was found drowned weeks later.
I guess we can't fight the unavoidable or unknow.. I awalys make sure to warn someone where I'm going.
>>
>>736682
But for soil to take care of bones they must be buried, and for complete elimination of bones the PH must be lower than 4.
>>
>>736703
Here in South america rumors says that a significant number of missing street children/people go to organ harvesting.
>>
>>736640
Not a national park.
>>
>>736650
Well the image says National Parks and puts a point right in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
>>
I live innaforest most of the time with my wife, three small children and my dog. Before them, I had traveled alone (plus dog) for years spending months at a time in the national forests all over the country. After all these years I could still count on one hand the number of times I've ran into other people deep inna. Weird shit has happened for sure, but nothing to do with people. I've posted my stories in weird woods stories threads before. As for the 411 shit I have never read or listened to any of it. As a parent in America these days it becomes more and more obvious how retarded people are, no one teaches their children anything and especially the touristy yuppie types that you tend to find at campsites around the country pay zero attention and any one of the people itt could have a very successful kidnapping career taking these poor stupid kids. Also as people have said already itt, folks are fuckin dumb. Plain and simple. They bite off more than they can chew and it kills them. Factoring in shit like that and you can cut the number of unexplained disappearances down a lot. There are things out there that we just don't know about, however. I have felt threatened enough a few times to move our entire camp in the middle of the night because shit I can't explain away is going on and I'm not gonna be the dude who's family gets fucked on innawoods and vanishes.
>>
>>736919
can you tell some of your stories? particularly the one you mentioned about moving camp?
>>
>>736837
They've found people's cars pulled over in random places in the parks/forest with them gone.
>>
File: 1449415868984.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1449415868984.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>737011
>They've found people's cars pulled over in random places in the parks/forest with them gone.
>With them gone
Typically when going innawoods the experience is best captured outside of your fucking vehicle. Driving around a park and getting out for a bit to explore is a completely regular thing.
>>
>>736986
>>>736919
>can you tell some of your stories? particularly the one you mentioned about moving camp?

Seconding
>>
>>737018
I don't think you are grasping the fact that people are finding the cars and there is nobody round them, camping, hiking, and/or otherwise /out/ing.

Just vehicles in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>737052
Well for how long?
>>
>>737203
Hahah dude, they find the cars, and then they NEVER FIND THE PEOPLE. Like they vanished forever. We're talking about missing people in national parks/forests.
>>
>>736582
ITT: everyone reads half of OP's post, and suddenly feels the need to state their option before listening to the radio-show. The guy is only stating the facts.
>CONSPIRACIES RRRREEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>737238
Thank you, this guy never even makes any claims. The radio host even asks about aliens and he says "Nope, no evidence pointing towards anything like that". It's just interesting evidence in missing person cases in the outdoors. People should at least skim through the videos and hear a couple stories before freaking out and thinking I'm talking about some stupid /x/ stuff.

I don't put anything past mountain lions, I think people underestimate them greatly. But bloodhounds would also track the scent, and there would be blood on the hiker's bodies if it were mountain lions.
>>
>>736708
Sounds like the kid climbed up a steep hill most likely.
It's more likely than anything else really.
>>
I live adjacent to a National Forest and always pull pranks on people around Halloween. I've even grabbed/assaulted some people. I may be a bit crazy but there's no doubt that there's people out there that would murder/rape people. I've seem some creepy people out there. I remember running into a homeless looking man once and he wouldn't stop talking about all the cute little girls he sees hiking with their parents. Creeped me the fuck out. He had a little hobo shelter set up. I came back and tore that shit down. No pedos camping in my backyard.
>>
In western states those disappearances could be cartel, They have been known to operate out there and if you happen to stumble upon their grow operation they might kill you.

Another possibility is serial killers, A park would be a good place to kill without many witnesses.

Or it could just be people faking their own death to collect insurance money or avoid warrants etc.
>>
>>737365
Don't tell this story on /b/, he's probably lurking there and will come find you.
>>
>>736825
you are a good dad. Don't let your kids ride motocross
>>
>>737381
>grow operation

I don't think for weed anyone would be killed. Maybe cooking meth or something though.
>>
>>736919
Please, do share
>>
Everytime there's a thread or a discussion about Missing 411 the basic gist I get is that if you're not white or blonde you won't be kidnapped innawoods.

Am I wrong?
>>
>>737220
They probably offed themselves, leave them be.
>>
>>736703
It helps that most people with ASPD have trouble with impulse control, risk assessment, and planning.
>>
>>737438
If you aren't white or blonde, nobody will care if you go missing.
>>
File: image_72.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
image_72.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>737443
So then why are white blondes disproportionately kidnapped? Wouldn't kidnappers wise up and just not kidnap blonde whites?
>>
>>737445
They aren't.

Black and Hispanics are actually disproportionately likely to be victims of serial killers, it's just that nobody cares about brown people, so it doesn't make the news.

Also, black people don't go into the woods.
>>
>>736582
bring a gun, shoot first in ANY encounter
>>
>>737449
Where's your statistics on this? This is like those pedo apologists who wave away whites being the majority of child porn/child rape offenders by saying whites are a majority
>>
The 411 stuff is pretty interesting. Lots of disappearances can't be truly explained. Stay safe out there friends
>>
>>737381
Definitely killers for some of the cases. I know in Canada there has been a few cases of a crazy fuck killing lone hikers.
>>
>>737466
They are out there, Best thing you can do is pack a small compact hand gun for defense.

Not that I ever go out anyway, I Mostly come here to larp but occasionally I do go on the family outing every year or so.
>>
>>737394
People will kill you for stumbling on a grow plot. If it's obvious you're doing something else (walking around with fishing poles) and accidentally found it you might be able to talk your way out, but don't count on it, especially if it's cartel shit. Best thing to do if you find weed is to beat feet the other fucking way ASAP
>>
>>736986
>>737048
>>737437

Inna panhandle/Coeur d'alene national forest in idaho, camping for a couple weeks pretty deep in, 2.5ish hours in from lake Coeur d'alene with a half mile hike in after some seriously shit roads. Spot is real nice, up on top of a mountain, gets misty and rainy most every morning. Me and my wife made some stick people tied together with grass, hung them in the low hanging branches that we could reach. One night a pretty good storm rolled through, had to bring the kids into our tent in the middle of the night because the rain got through their pup tent. Went down the mountain to dry our gear out, ended up going into town and hanging out in the park drying everything. By the time we got back to camp it had been dark for an hour. On the hike in we were hearing an elk dying with wolves calling back and forth to each other waiting to eat it, it was all on the opposite ridge and it was really clear. Spent most of the hike teaching the kids about it. Get to camp, sit em down on a log with the dog and start putting everything back up. Dog starts growling. Fucked up feeling, here it goes, shine flashlight around, I have one of those obnoxious 1000 lumen torches, don't see anything but remember the stick people.

Cont. in a bit, busy atm
>>
>>737558
I've wanted to go to Idaho/Wyoming. It's so desolate it looks spooky
>>
>>736908
How the fuck would that work? Wouldn't the organs of a child be significantly smaller than those of an adult and wouldn't street kids be diseased as hell?
>>
>>736582
I always have a weapon with me, have been in the military for 9 years (7 of those in SOF units), and am one of the most paranoid people I know.

I think I'll be alright hiking in the wilderness. Worst case scenario, they kill me.
>>
>>736627
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
The only times that I've felt nervous or scared in the woods are when I've encountered cougars, bears or moose. Other than that, whatever.
>>
I wouldn't doubt if there were serial killers.

The FBI has a "Highway Serial Killer Database." People who have highly transient lives and access to remote areas, like truckers, are often killers. They think there might be at least 500 of them out there.
>>
>>737641
As a former trucker I can confirm there are some weirdos out there.

I was carrying a load of paper up from Georgia and some idiot in a gas tanker tried to run me off the road, when he pulled along side me I could see him yelling at me and he looked crazy, Well you know he was crazy trying to run into someone with a truck filled with gasoline...

I got his plate and reported him to the troopers but I don't know if they ever found him or not.
>>
>>737558

Shine my flashlight in the tree, don't see anything at first so I go back to setting up the tent. Then my wife goes all "what the fuck" and I look her way, she's got her headlamp pointed up, at the stick people still tied to the tree with grass but 6ish feet higher in the trees where no fuckin body couId have put em. They are also now all in the same tree when we had hung them in three trees around camp. So now im wtfing and it hits me that the elk and wolves are no longer making noise, in fact there is jack shit going on and the forest is silent. Dog starts growling again, this time in a different direction. Shes getting old though and doesnt see so well at night so her aggro range is pretty ridiculous, no way to tell what shes on about but the whole place just feels fucked up so i start pulling tent stakes out and packing back up cuz fuck all that shit. My daughter had made one stick person with us and i had just stuffed the tent in its bag when she says hey, look! Shes got her little light pointed down the trail that goes further into the forest, theres something dangling in the middle of the path about 3ft off the ground, its her stick person tied to a tree limb with a long piece of ribbon we had had around the camp that she was playing with. I didnt investigate any more and we took off as the dog never shut up and the vibe just got worse and worse. On the hike out my dog would periodically run behind us barking, never saw shit with our lights but that fucked up feeling followed us all the way to the tree line. Stil dont have an explanation for those stupid stick people, a storm that fucked our shit so bad we had to leave camp and they were still tied together with grass. Fuckin weird as shit. The only other time i left camp was in the cascades where something was throwing rocks at us. People always cry bigfoot when i say that, but fuck if i know.
>>
>>737795
damn

any when you were just alone?
What was the rock throwing like? Hard or accurate? size of rock?
>>
This is why I always carry a Go Pro and a Glock 20 when I'm /out/. Whites are always looking to kill someone like me and I want to show what led up to me drawing and firing my CCW

:^)
>>
>>737800
The rock throwing thing i was alone for, just me and the dog. Pretty big rocks, football sized. One of them hit my tarp, went through it and smashed my box of stuff. The others didnt hit shit, probably 6 or 7 rocks over the span of a few hours before i left. This one the dog didnt notice shit, except every time a rock fell shed perk up and look where it hit before laying back down. I didnt see most of them, just heard the thuds as it was like 1230 at night. I was sleeping out, didnt have a tent set up or anything, so i just packed my stuff back up and we walked out of there with no further incident.
>>
>>737770
fucking hell man

https://youtu.be/RNbECoToULA
>>
Find the strangest or best ones you can

http://www.canammissing.com/recent_cases.html
>>
File: PENCASAR5.jpg (112 KB, 394x493) Image search: [Google]
PENCASAR5.jpg
112 KB, 394x493
>>737828
George Penca (Photo-See Above)

Missing: June 2011, Upper Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park

Physical: WMA, 30 Years, 5'10", 240lbs, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

Clothing: Black T-Shirt ("DB" letters on front), Navy Blue Tank Top, Grey seatpants with white vertical stripe along legs, Grey and Blue Running shoes.

Facts:

George was with his church group from Lomita (CA) when he fell behind and vanished. A two week search by the National park Service did not find any evidence of what may have happened to George.

Associated Links:

http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/pencasar3.htm

http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story/No-Clues-in-Search-for-Missing-Man/-3BvX4Uy7EuuVwduG9aN4g.cspx

http://mammothtimes.com/content/update-search-missing-man-yosemite-scaled-back
>>
>>737795
That's spooky af holy shit
>>
>>737823
did you call out or try and find who was doing it?

you have some pretty awesome stories man. would you care to tell any others?

that goes for anyone else in the thread with a story
>>
>>737823
rocks the size of footballs.. the guy must have been close or strong af
>>
>>736919
>Capture kids that wander off innawoods, teach them to survive, and raise your own Lord of the Flies army

I like it
>>
>>737365
There's an urban legend about how a guy goes backpacking for like a week or so in the backwoods of Canada but doesn't see a single soul the entire time. When he comes back he goes to get his disposable camera film developed and there are several photos of him asleep in his tent.
>>
>>737394
They typically shake and bake innawoods. You can set up your operation in a liter Coke bottle and let the sun do most of the work for you
>>
>>737451
>This is like those negro apologists who wave away blacks being the majority of rape/murder/theft offenders by saying blacks are an oppressed minority
>>
>>737909
Dude find a fucking sauce for this. That is creepy as fuck
>>
>>737918
https://reddit.com/comments/uluh1/what_is_the_creepiest_most_inexplicable_thing/

Thats all I've got for sauce.
>>
File: ReginaWaters.jpg (63 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
ReginaWaters.jpg
63 KB, 600x734
>>737770
heres some info
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

The girl in this picture was kidnapped by Robert Rhoades, who had a "sex torture chamber" in his truck. He forced her to take this pic before killing her.

I'm interested in all this because my city (Houston) has some of the creepiest unsolved murders, all of which took place alongside a main highway (i-45)
>>
Hawaii here. People go missing all the time here. Mainly tourists because they're normie status, but Search and Rescue is always hiring more staff.

There are many hiking trails here most of which allow you to hike across entire islands or around their perimeters. I used to live at the foot of the Palolo Valley trail/watershed- the wettest spot on Oahu. At least twice a month the fire dept. was up there searching for people who went missing or fell and died.

The Na Pali Coast Trail is about 13 miles one way and snakes along a cliff line on the north coast of Kauai. It's beauty is alluring for many people, so those who are inexperienced frequently get enticed into hiking. There are several critical sections with poor footing where if you slip, you tumble for about 100m then free fall about 200m to the rocky coast line below. Some bodies are recovered, some washed out to sea and eaten.

The channels between the islands have some of the fastest moving tides on Earth. Many surfers, offshore swimmers, kayakers...are sucked out to open ocean all the time. Some bodies recovered; most are not.

I think what it comes down to is experience and frequency. Every year there are more people who go out, so the probability of missing/death goes up. If you're going to hike alone, you're supposed to notify someone in authority (park ranger, sheriff...) plus someone personal. Then when you're out, you NEVER deviate from your slotted time and route, because shit does happen quickly.

tl;dr People go missing from skin walkers and shadow people all the time.
>>
>>737770
I've driven cross country seven times and have seen some utter crazy shit. This crazy shit almost always involves a trucker going nuts on someone, driving their rig off the road or into something else, or homosex/drug deals at truck stops.

Truckers are coked up freaks who homosex regularly. I would never go into a truck stop at night unless I was CCW.
>>
>>737955
On a high school field trip a trucker was clearly marurbating and staring at the kids in the van we were driving.
>>
OP fuck your shit. This isn't >>>/x/

Someone send this to >>>/trash/ please.
>>
>>737955
>i would never go into a truck stop at night

Its a fucking gas station you dumb fuck, what do you think is possibly going to happen to you? Jesus christ.
>>
>>737972
>what do you think is possibly going to happen to you?

Lose all my money buying moon pies. what else?
>>
>>737858
I looked around about 50 meters from camp in all directions, nothin. Called out, nothin. The dog usually only ignores irrelevant animals, deer, squirrels, common shit like that. She doesnt let people get close to camp without growling or barking at them, and she has chased a couple black bears off before so the fact that she didnt seem to give a shit made me chill out. Only 2 rocks landed 'in camp' one about three feet from the fire, the other one that smashed my box. The rest were out of fire light but i went and found a couple of the rocks. I decided to leave after the one that hit my stuff. Figured its something i cant find to deal with, if i even wanted to deal with it, so i should just kick rocks. Nothing happened while i was leaving, hiked for a few hours and slept under some roots. Everything was chill after that.

Dont really have more spooky ones like these, every time ive come across people inna its been chill and most of my other weird shit stories arent /out/ related.
>>
>>736630
What movie is that from again?
>>
File: geeps.png (10 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10 KB, 261x195
>>737988
that's OC anon
>>
>>737980
Please tell then anyway, I'm interested if you are willing to type them out
>>
>>737991
Lol no, it's from an old "horror" movie
>>
>>737980
man thats heavy. could you hear any rustling around? because unless they had all the rocks stacked up in one spot and even if they did they would surely give away their position that way.

maybe your dog was tired and dgaf?

i would have had to go back in the morning to evaluate it all. the walk back in the dark would have been sketchy af..
>>
File: IMG_20160412_160222.jpg (900 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_160222.jpg
900 KB, 2048x1152
i was at joffre lakes yesterday and i saw a missing persons sign- missing couple.

i did most of the hike to the third lake, and i can see how someone could fuck up, slip down a steep hill, bash their skull on a rock or two, then get dragged down stream and eaten by things.

i solo hike a lot because i have no friends, every time i come across people they question why i am alone.

i can see the concern where a fuck up could mean dying. less likely an animal attack and more so being unprepared, lost, weak, hungry, misjudged weather, injured something, wanted to go off trail, wanted to climb something, did not research the trail, being a dumb butt.

oops i fell and broke my leg and landed in cold water
>>
>>737817
>Glock 20

nice.jpg
>>
I don't know about the u.s,but the movie "into the wild" (Christopher McCandless case),the dude starved to death,he traveled alone,he didn't have any real survivor skills,he had no access to normal food rations,his actions led him to his death.
>>
>>738045
the book is better
>>
>>738045
>McCandless
true American hero
>>
>>738080
He had wanderlust and he died from being careless. He is definitely interesting and I identify with him in a lot of ways, but he did nothing in the least bit heroic.
>>
>>737795
Honestly sounds like something a bunch of punks would do, both stories.
But I would not blame someone for leaving like that, still spooky af.
>>
>>736582
https://pirateproxy.tv/torrent/9490312/David_Paulides_-_Missing_411_Interviews
>>
File: 1306413.jpg (99 KB, 970x250) Image search: [Google]
1306413.jpg
99 KB, 970x250
read this a few days ago, creepy stuff happens its just not reported everyday.confirmed by LEO

http://www.outsideonline.com/1842221/dark-behind-it-rose-forest
>>
>>737955
I've had a few queers come on to me in the pilots and travel centers, I was going in to a shower and one asked me if I wanted any company in the shower XD.

I told him I was not gay and he walked away sort of dissapointed.
>>
>>737988
Xtro I think
>>
>>738087
Show me 9 ft tall pranksters or someone with enough dedication to spy on me, then come back to my camp 150 miles inside the forest on top of a mountain with a ladder to re hang/make my shitty stick people then dip out again before i got back and ill try to believe you. The rocks was definitely not a person as my dog would have alerted. She never fails to do her job. There is no way in hell people moved my sticks. You either dont believe me at all or you stop ignoring the facts.
>>
>>738181
I honestly don't believe you just because the whole rock throwing thing is such a common thing bigfoot lovers talk about.
That being said those stories were very entertaining and they defs could be real I bet, I just am not the type of person who believes in anything spooky or /x/ so I'm just trying to figure out how these could be true anon.

Right now I'm thinking of a geologic phenomena where rocks could be ejected like that which doesn't involve volcanic activity expelling bombs or anything. I'm assuming those weren't rocks falling from a cliff face, and I would be surprised if anyone could throw rocks that large, so either weird phenomena or rednecks with a catapult to me.

No idea about sticks tho. Sounds like something a homeless psychopath would do, but I won't even venture to make sense of this.
Cheers m8, hope your family stays safe.
>>
>>738185
If the places i was in werent so remote id be right there with you. Im a big advocate of not bein scared of the woods. Ive been living /out/ for years and the only spooky things that happened had no consequence. I hope i dont scare any anons out of going /out/ because id have rocks thrown at me a hundred more times for all the beautiful shit ive seen. Cheers.
>>
>>738098

Cool read, I grew up with the Azusa foothills as my back yard, totally oblivious to the kinds of shit that went on there while I was just in my own little world as I strolled up the mountain.
>>
File: DSCN9107.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9107.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>738185
I always spy on people and do goofy shit. Just yesterday I heard people coming toward me on a trail and I ran up the hill side of it. As soon as they got far enough ahead but still well within listening distance I started doing Bigfoot tree knocks.

Pic related of people I see. They have never seen me.
>>
>>736825
the lady in the pond told him to dude
>>
File: GLOCK.jpg (92 KB, 978x399) Image search: [Google]
GLOCK.jpg
92 KB, 978x399
>>737817
>Glock 20
ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>738348
Look, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to become a leader just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went around calling myself an Emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they would put me away!
>>
I don't belive in any of this crazy serial killer conspiracy shit but there is one thing that gets me. I live in New England (US) and things are pretty tame up here when it comes to animals. So I feel pretty safe going /out/ to local trails/mountains at night. It's rural where I live but not too remote, at any given time you're 3-4 miles at most from someone's backyard.

But about a year ago now my parents saw a mountain lion in our backyard. Fish and Game would deny that these guys are even in our state. One sighting wouldn't be a big deal but just a few weeks ago there was another sighting about a mile away from my parents.

I don't live with them anymore but I'm still in the same town. The small mountain range I like to run on isn't 5-6 miles from their house and mountain lions are known to have huge ranges in the span of hundreds of miles.

It kind of creeps me out that there could actually be a predator out there that could do real serious harm to me and there's not much I could do about it.
>>
>>738098
Just read this whole thing. Wow. Never even heard of Angeles national forest, sounds like a depressing shit hole.
>>
>>737972
My friend was driving to Texas with his family when his dad noticed a car following them. They had to stop at some gas station in the middle of nowhere at around midnight and the car that had been following them pulled into a parking space on the opposite side of the lot and turned the lights off but kept the engine running. His dad said he was going inside to use the restroom and to text him immediately if anyone form the car followed him inside. Multiple guys got out of the other car and one followed him into the restroom. Luckily he got the text and quickly left the bathroom, got in the car, and they all drove off.

There are a lot of nutters out there and even in a semi well lit area with a few witnesses around, you still need to be careful.
>>
>>738358
>10mm glocks
>le glocknade meme
no son, just no
>>
>>738449
More like no hands.
>>
>>738414
I'm pretty sure you can carry a piece in most of new England.
>>
>>736582
Hi David! Are your book sales slumping?
>>
>>738458
Guns aren't actually that effective against mountain lions because they're ambush hunters. They'd be on you before you had a chance to even get your hands on it.

The best defense against mountain lion attacks is to make it clear that you are not prey. Cats see color better than they see detail, this is one of the reasons why trail runners wear solid, bright colors. It helps distinguish them from potential prey running through the woods.
>>
>>736582
pic related.
>>
>>738418
Funny how the writer can paint it in any light he wants. Its a beatiful place.
>>
>>738463
Realistically, how much of a danger are mountain lions though?
>>
>>738480
Pretty dangerous if your a 10 year old child, alone on a mountain.

Still kinda dangerous if your an adult.

They will go for easier prey always though, like any other animal. Which means kids are a target, here in CO they have literally drug children up thousands of feet in elevation and they just find the remains picked clean up there.

>>738453
Protip: It was only .40 glocks that suffered that problem buddy
>>
File: glawk 40.png (10 KB, 651x211) Image search: [Google]
glawk 40.png
10 KB, 651x211
>>738482
You can't fool me, stumpy.
>>
File: glocknadefaggotry.jpg (299 KB, 743x1122) Image search: [Google]
glocknadefaggotry.jpg
299 KB, 743x1122
>>738483
>noguns are now trying to adopt dank /k/ memes
pure unadulterated cancer
>>
>>738484
You realize I'm joking, right?
I know the difference between .40 and 10mm.
>>
>>738480
Most attacks happen to trail runners or mountain bikers because the cat sees a fast moving thing and it triggers there instincts, mistaking it for a deer or other prey.

After that the attacks are usually a cat that is wounded or desperate and looking for an easy meal. They usually go after children like >>738482 says.

There are a few reports if cat attacks that seemed to have no discernable behavioral reason.

99% of preventing cat attacks is being aware of your surroundings, they're ambush hunters and usually won't attack if they think they've been spotted. Hiking with a buddy helps, too.
>>
Parks are big places and most people are dumb outdoors. Nothing spooky.
>>
>>738492
Appreciate the succinct reply.

>Hiking with a buddy helps, too.
That's what's a bit more worrying being a solo backpacker/hiker but I always have my head on a swivel and make a fair bit of noise. I actually fear mountain lions more than bears here in Alberta and BC.
>>
>>738458
I could but it's mostly moot because I'm a trail runner and prefer to carry nothing on me except water for long runs. Also what >>738462 said
>>
>>736582
After listening to all theses stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSOzVS2kIBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXD_b95S-6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlsY6wUPyag

I'm not really sur eto camping without a weapon (and i live in a Brazil.. good luck getting a permit to carry any weapon, let a lone buy a .380 atm)
>>
File: IMG_4824.jpg (35 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4824.jpg
35 KB, 480x640
I've got one I've told on /k/ before.
Last October a few friends and I were digging out the Dawson forest Nuclear aircraft lab bunker. The first night we dug until about 2 am and then made camp by the main road coming in, about 25 yards away from the road, as it was the only real clearing to hang hammocks. At around 4-5 am a truck drove down the road and shined its lights into our camp for a good 5 minutes before driving down and access road. Two trucks continued to drive back and forth down this access road until 7 am. At the time I was just pussed they were making so much noise and I wasnt to concerned for my well being. Now, the more I think about it, the more I feel that we could have been hurt. The next day we finished digging and went in. Was super spooky at first, but 300 meters in it was flooded and curved sharply to the right so we couldn't go any farther. That night we made camp south of the tunnel instead of by the road so we wouldn't get woken up. One of my friends said that when we opened up the tunnel he felt what we did was wrong some how. Like we needed to fill it back in so nothing could come out. He usually is a very level headed person so I told him not to worry about it. That night he woke me up and said he heard something walking around our camp to the west maybe 50 meters away. I asked him if he wanted me to come down and sit with him, but before he responded I fell back asleep (I know, shitty friend). He sat down in his hammock awake all night with my ak next to him. He woke me up one more time because he heard something, but it was just an owl.
>pic related
>>
>>738463

They dark bit in East Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas could easily be bigger. I know a lot of people who regularly catch big cats on their game cams almost down to the coast.
>>
>>738439
and they didn't chase you again after you left the area?

What did they looked like?
>>
>>738662
I remember that thread. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>738358
Yeah, that hand injury was from the dude using a the butt of a .50 BMG round as a hammer. He was trying to secure a mounting bracket for the M2 on an M114 HMMV.
>>
>>738439
So your friend, his dad, and you are all paranoid idiots that seriously believe some random car on the interstate meant you harm at a gas station. Fucking congrats, all three of you are retarded.
>>
>>738662
Spooky
>>
File: IMG_3239.jpg (32 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3239.jpg
32 KB, 360x480
>>738769
Thanks, it was honestly fun as hell, but after words I almost got v&
>>
>>736582
None in Texas! Woot! I'm safe!
>>
>>738817
hey, i'm also in texas! let's meet up somewhere nice and quiet my fr i e n d . . . .... . .. .. . .
>>
>>738418
hahaha! its not that bad
>>
>>736582
I don't blame her. It is dangerous in certain parts. I wouldn't want my
woman (or my mother) hiking alone in the deep woods. She can handle herself alright but some fuckwad psycho would prolly view her or any woman as an easy target. Easier than a man at least. Unless there were weapons involved most men can overtake a woman easier than another man.
>>
>>738924
women do not need to defend themselves, because they get providers like you to defend them.
>>
>>737946
Houstonian here, I didn't even know about that since I don't usually use I-45 but thats pretty scary.
>>
>>737583
it's not.
>>
I'm going to on a trip in the summer and will be hiking some places in the west, but this thread has frightened me a little.
>>
File: super_duper_tard.jpg (39 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
super_duper_tard.jpg
39 KB, 340x340
This always reminds me of the case of Prabh Srawn, which happened in a Kosciusko National Park in NSW, which is a place I frequently visit

>Be retarded Canadian
>Go to Australia
>Go hiking in mountains in glorious mountain sunshine
>Don't tell anyone where you're going
>Don't wear decent clothes
>Blizzard arrives
>1 Week later someone notice's your abandoned car
>Full scale search commences
>Police check mobile phone pings and internet search history
>Narrow down probable search zone to an area about 2km^2 (Western Fall)
>Locals all laugh and exclaim "You'll never find anyone in the Western Fall! The scrub is too thick, mate."
>One of the largest searches in Australia's history continues
>No sign of Canadatard
>Search called off
>Canadadatard's family accuse Australia Police of being racist for calling off search because they are of Indian decent
>Canadatard's family privately funds a massive search, get n00bs to wander around Western Fall at great risk to themselves
>Canadatard's family get a group of Canadian soldiers to fly out to Australia to do their own search
>Canada soldiers are all like "2km^2, we'll find him. So easy. Australia so dumb."
>Canada soldiers get to Western Fall and are like "Scrubs too thick. We'll never find Canadatard here."
>Canada soldiers go home

>Years pass

>Coroner says Candatard is officially dead
>Canadatard's family says "Lol, he was never in the mountains anyway. He's still alive. He's a good boy."

It seems strange to people unfamiliar with the area that you can narrow down a missing person's whereabouts to 2km^2, search like motherfuckers and still not find them. But everyone who knows the area is completely unsurprised. That scrub is a bitch.

It's entirely possible for a searcher to walk a metre from a body and not see it, if it is in the scrub, getting buried by leaves, slowly decomposing.

I think that's whats happened to most of these 411. They're under leaves, decomposing,. Out of sight.
>>
>>736825
Fun story from when I was a little kid doing dumb shit
>visiting uncle in southern Florida, I was about 4 or so at the time
>dicking around in his back yard, it's starting to get dark
>look up in tree and see a medium size snake (3-5 feet long)
>go full Steve Irwin mode and pick it up and go running to family
>"mommy mommy look what I found!"
>mommy faints
>uncle carefully takes the snek from my arms, and it promptly bites him after I had been playing with it for a couple minutes

It was just a corn snake and not venomous, but man my parents were pissed. I was completely oblivious of course though
>>
>>739408
Couldn't you use cadaver dogs?
>>
>>739601
Scrub is a bit too thick for dogs. They'd get ripped to shreds.
>>
>>739719
I guess you could just look for vultures.

If it's hypothermia weather, that won't work great though.
>>
>>736619
If I had the urge to climb up a cliff it's probably to find some sort of landmark. Chances are they got injured, stuck and died from hypothermia.
>>
>>737512
Pack a small, compact, ergonomic, little, teensy downsized handgun
>>
>>739761
No vultures in Australia. I guess the points I'm trying to make are:
1) The outdoors is frequently underestimated
2) People believe shit, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary
>>
>>738409
Gotta respect the Python.
>>
File: IMG_20160412_140730.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_140730.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
oh, this is always a friendly reminder.

a month ago it was buried in snow.
>>
It's funny to see how all those "Go back to /x/" types are as stupid and ignorant as the "Ayy It was aliums" types. If they had listened to what David says in his interviews and his books they would have learned that he doesn't even share his theory for what is the cause of the dissapearences. Paulides just states the facts that he gathered from official documents and testimony. Just confess that you ignore this phenomena and look down on all the people who acknowledge it because it's out of your comfort zone.
>>
File: 1456531362403.gif (2 MB, 370x335) Image search: [Google]
1456531362403.gif
2 MB, 370x335
>>737626
A lot of people would likely get used for experiments, training your organ harvesters with the sick kids. The other kids with good organs either get parted out to sell organs to parents with sick kids, or are allowed to grow up while being used as sex slaves. If the kid makes it past puberty without any major organ damage or disease, you use the organs in adults now. Parents will pay anything to keep their kid alive.
>>
>>737972
Some truck stops are literally parking lots that are 200 meters off the road with heavy tree cover all around it. That is not a friendly place to be.
>>
>>738343
I like when you post these
>>
>>740259
Truck stops are fucking big gas stations, if you think a parking lot constitutes a truck stop youre a fucking retard. Rest stops and pull of parking areas with no bathrooms are closer to what youre talking about and even those arent sketchy.

Fucking fearmongering neets.
>>
>>740265
Fine, rest stop. On the way from Virginia to Ohio, on 64, there are stops that say trucks only. Those rest stops are fucking weird from a distance. I can only imagine truckers are being gross in their trucks. Some truck drivers are fucking weird. Most of them are at least a little weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 700x524
Wut is the deal with these staircases? I tried googling it real quick, but it all comes back to the one dude on Reddit
>>
>>740259
>>740265
>>740276
>truck stops
What's odd and creepy about gay sex, skanky diseased prostitutes, methheads, and the like.
You haven't lived until you've been in one of those showers when a Roman orgy is happening.
>>
>>740349
i legit know a guy who was raped in a truckstop bathroom by a german shepherd. well, two guys with a german shepherd. he said the actual worst part of it was getting bit in the back of the neck
>>
>>740250
Oh, that makes sense.
>>
File: 1447180844175.jpg (63 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1447180844175.jpg
63 KB, 475x356
>>737558
>>737795
>stick people
>>
File: DSC04412.jpg (2 MB, 2816x1872) Image search: [Google]
DSC04412.jpg
2 MB, 2816x1872
Did a five day 75 mile trip a more remote section of the Smokies last month solo, it was exquisite. From my experience and from all that I've heard, somewhat ironically, the highest rates of incidents and criminal intent/activity occurs the closer you get into town or by a road, particularly so with the AT. The more remote you are in, the more steadfast the hikers met in the shelters are, who almost without fail tend to be immaculate people
>>
>>740351
Is this true?
>>
>>740502
according to him it is :[
>>
>>737795
That was some spooky shit
>>
>>736619
>the eagles are coming
>>
>>736710
Have you met the teens at church camp? They're as bad as any other kids.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if at least one of these cases involved a kid purposefully lagging behind so he could run off the trail to inject some marijuana before trying and failing to catch back up to the group.
>>
>>736700
>If there's something Wisconsin is good at producing besides dairy products, it's serial killers.

this anon speaks the truth
>>
>>739597
>go full Steve Irwin mode and pick it up and go running to family

I did this twice between the ages of ~5-9.

I didn't think I was retarded at the time because I knew the 3 species of venomous snakes in this region. My parents begged to differ.

I did it a few more times in my teens for fun.

>RIP Steve and the greatest nature documentary series of my childhood.
>>
>>736901
Wow, that's pretty crazy anon.

I'm sure unfortunate events like this account for 99% of these disappearances. Just think of how spooky it would be if you didn't know about the bees or find the drowned body.
>>
>>737449
basically this
>>
>>737449
brown people have a lot less value.

like what easier target than Pablo Martinez, some illegal who would be assume missing from drug trade.

i have only seen one black guy out and he was fishing
>>
>>738409
honestly a decent time for that reference
>>
>>736620

>I ride my motorcycle in the woods

Admit it, it's a dirt bike.

>Babbys first bike
>>
>>740672
Yeah it was really scary, I knew the guy and it was a very very very trail. It was literally a walk in a park for 10 mins by the sea.
>>
>>740443
>Stick people.
>Things that he built to adorn the campsite.
>Lies.
>Year of our Lord 1937+79
>>
>>737466
yea

when I go off-roading i put a shotgun in the back in case of "bears"

really though it's in case of a redneck roadblock outside of cell service
>>
>>741209
I have never heard of anyone building stick people, outside of horror movies/stories.

I feel like he probably put that in the story because it's more scary seeing stick people later in the story rather than "and I had no idea how my fishing livewell got up in the tree!"
>>
>>741441
>im a failure who cant into the most basic of crafts
>everyone else must be too

You seriously just said people only make stick dolls in movies. Congrats, youre dumber'n'hell
>>
>>736825
>They dont understand the concept of danger or mortality
Guess you gotta give them a lesson or two about what danger and pain means.
Is there a better way to teach kid that touching hot thing is painful than actually let kid touch the damn thing?
Scared about kid being run over by car? Teach him how bad is being hit by a ball, they should learn to avoid fast-moving objects.

I have a opinion that small children are retarded (once I wandered off and fell off concrete stairs, so I have some knowledge about such stuff) and that you cannot just teach them with words.
>>
>>741458
It's not that he couldn't build them or that it's hard, it's that it's specifically a spooky thing he built in act I that was spooky in act II. I tend to believe the whole thing is bullshit for that reason.

It's the /out/ version of finding a creepy homemade doll in your attic in your 100% real ghost story, it's just too damn convenient.
>>
>>741544
I was on a trail today and there were a bunch of rock stacks on the side. 1km later there are a group of sunday school kids who built it.

Why did they build it? because it was something easy to just grab and do.

Like grabbing twigs and making stick people- stick people are easy.

there is nothing strange or spooky about it
>>
>>741564
Maybe this is a regional thing then, if so then I retract my earlier statement.

I've been out a bunch but I've never seen a stick person or seen or heard of anyone making a stick person. Just tons and tons of cairns.
>>
>>741544
I sorta believe it because whenever anon tells that story, he always said that the thousands of normal, good times in the woods outweigh the one or two creepy instances. Sounds like he really doesn't like telling it because he wouldn't want to discourage anybody from going /out/

T. Bigdick
>>
>>741565
I have seen tree stick people before, or weird looking dream catcher things are campsites, or even stuff with rocks and things- I dunno.

Point is, if you are out with children it is a fun and quick activity to do.

Less likely to do that by yourself or with a bro
>>
>>741572
It may also have to do with the quality of sticks too. Where I am (FL) there are very little sticks that are bendy; it's either they break off the tree easy and are also really brittle, or they bend fine but you need to use a tool to cut them off the tree and it needs to be sharp cause it's the kind where you'll cut 90% of the way through and have that last stubborn little bit that won't let go.
>>
I've seen many hippy wilderness art things while out. It's just something you see and it's all made of sticks and grass and stuff so no one really cares. It'll eventually fall off and decompose with the rest of the sticks anyway.
>>
>>741494
>car safety
Show them roadkill. Tell them that's what a car will do to them.
Worked with 2/3 kids so far (#3 is only 7 months old).
When I teach them to shoot, I'll blast a pumpkin or watermelon for them.

I've found that after saying "if you do x you will y yourself", and they do x and get y, after a few times they stop hurting themselves so much because they listen to your advice. Mostly.

With relevance to OP, I think out Aussie poster hit the mail on the head about the canuck. Guy goes out solo, doesn't tell anyone his plans, doesn't have gear for sudden change in weather, conditions change, nobody can find him because of the terrain.

Don't forget that people at the bad end of hypothermia tend to lose all good sense and do crazy shit like strip off and climb the tallest hill.
>>
>>736812
underated post
>>
>>736582
This thread is very close to home. Like 8 people I've gone innawoods with haven't come out. No traces. It is disconcerting to lose so many friends.
>>
>>740663
I remember the day I found out that he died. Fuck Discovery channel man they shouldn't have pushed him so hard
>>
>>740293
That looks doctored af
>>
>>740228
So are you telling us to buy his books?
>>
>>742029
Do you often lose periods of time and come home with blood all over your clothing?
>>
>>742083
That pic is actually real. It's some art deal in England somewhere.
>>
>>742088
kek
>>
>>737394
Nah man, here in East TX they find large grow plots in our National Forests all the time, there have been shootouts with law enforcement over them before.... If you stumble upon a large plot growing weed then you turn around and gtfo while being as quiet as possible.

Lots of cartel members come directly from Mexico where they're used to killing people over next to nothing, those fuckers don't give a shit about prison time, your life, or even their life most of the time.
>>
Why all these things happen in 'murrica but there no reports anywhere else?
>>
>>740961
Not that guy but I've got a DR650 that I ride everywhere from interstates to logging / fire roads. Do you consider a dual-sport bike a motorcycle or a dirt bike?
>>
>>742118
why all these reports of missing persons in us national parks and forests in the us but no reports of missing persons in us national parks and forests in europe?
>>
>>742130
kek

I watched a youtube video of this guy david paulides being interviewed on a radio show or something, and he tries to link the missing people with something paranormal.

So yes, missing people due to paranormal activity (or unusual, not knowned, misterious, call it what you want to) of some kind is only found in the US.
>>
File: 1436818380011.jpg (37 KB, 522x720) Image search: [Google]
1436818380011.jpg
37 KB, 522x720
>>742130
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>742146
I'm pretty sure anywhere that has large uninhabited forests there are stories and theories of the people that go missing that involve some kind of unnatural phenomena.
>>
>>738414
>Fish and Game would deny that these guys are even in our state

That happens everywhere. They don't acknowledge the presence of mountain lions until they become a real problem to people, because they have to spend their money relocating them.
>>
>>741576
I didnt bend them, just tied them together with grass. Maybe ill go make one and post a pic. This is the first time theres ever been real interest in the stick people, most of the time folks just try and insist it was other shoe mans doing it.
>>
>>742130
>>742118
In Europe, we cut the all remaining forests so the refugees won't mistake them for a place where it's ok to rape white girls
>>
>>738482
>>738492

Besides old lions that can't hunt game anymore and wounded lions, you have to be carefull during spring when the cubs start following their mothers. You happen to locate yourself between a lioness and their cub and you are fair game in their eyes.

They are very intelligent creatures with their own personalities. A ranger in patagonia, at the Paine towers park, told me that there was a particular male, a big cat, that liked to kill ducks. He didn't ate them. Just ambushed them by the river, killed a couple, and let them (sometimes not dead but seriouslly injured) by the rocks.

>>738514
When they attack they will allways try to get the back of your neck, so that's the spot you want to protect if you have the chance. But probably you won't be able to because they jump over you and you'll be down in the ground before realizing that you are being attacked.

Keep in mind that they will avoid people, but they are not afraid of us.
>>
>>736582
Any of you guys knows if these are available in some podcast repository?
>>
>>736617
>I only had one strange experience

Is it greentext worthy?
>>
>>738662
Isnt it better to close mazes?
>>
>>740025
Sweet, free van.
>>
>>742130
same reason why aliens abduct and anally probe americans exclusively
>>
File: probing_175.jpg (81 KB, 330x213) Image search: [Google]
probing_175.jpg
81 KB, 330x213
>>742807
no, americans are just the only ones who report it
>>
>>739601

not for indians
>>
>>736812
Explain
>>
>>742849
>entire continent was a prison and nuthouse
>"Penal Colony"
>>
>>736908
>Here in Brazil

FTFY
>>
>went mushroom hunting in the woods
>alone
>some guy running through the forest like he's being chased
>he kept running, he had blue jeans and a grey sweater
>never seen him again
anyone else see shit like this?
>>
>>742959
They're called joggers, m8. Or he saw a skunk.
>>
>>741359
This actually happened to me in Northern Wisconsin. I was on a back gravel road for about ten miles to hike in this one cool spot I saw on the map. After I finished my hike and I was walking back to my car, a pick up truck went SPEEDING by. I thought that was really strange because I was out in the absolute middle of no where.

I just blew it off and got in my car and started driving down the road the same way the pick up truck went. Suddenly there was a log perfectly placed in the road, and all of the surrounding trees were a different kind of wood, so it didn't just fall there. I put my car into reverse and started speeding backwards, turned around about 1/4 mile away and spent 30 mins taking the long way back, going about 65 mph on dirt backroads.
>>
File: 1460210079795.jpg (399 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1460210079795.jpg
399 KB, 2048x1365
>>742902
Good point.
>>
>>743120
Can confirm, we are all absolutely mental
>>
>>742679
Can't get past 100 yards straight ahead so it isn't really a maze unless you have scuba gear
>>
>>740293
post-modern birdwatchers
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.