[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a classy backpack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: s-l300.jpg (18 KB, 274x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
18 KB, 274x300
Planning on doing like 15 days on the Camino de Santiago in Spain this winter. Don't want to use one of those trendy, flashy polyester bags everyone has these days. Looking for something a little more subtle and stylish.
Doesn't need to be huge because I'm not planning on bringing camping gear, but would prefer a bag with an internal/external frame.
Any ideas welcome.
Pic related to what I'm after
>>
File: p-287-730_Bushcraft-Pact_angled.png (105 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
p-287-730_Bushcraft-Pact_angled.png
105 KB, 500x500
Found this one. Looks pretty cool but very pricey at $390. Made in the USA though.
Appears to be associated with Duluth Trading Co. Only thing I'm not sure about is that it doesn't have any kind of frame.
>>
File: p-287-730_Bushcraft-Pack_back.png (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
p-287-730_Bushcraft-Pack_back.png
71 KB, 500x500
Another angle of same one
>>
How can you expect something that small to have a frame ?

Just put a plastic board inside
>>
Just get an alice ruck with frame used from a milsurp store. You're not too good for one, trust me.
>>
>>798719
Yeah I guess so

>>798720
>not too good for it
T-thanks
Actually I recently got an army surplus bag from Sportsman's Guide, ended up being a little too small. I'll check out the Alice bag though.
>>
>>798693
>>798701
>>798704

looks like unnecessarily heavy hipster shit, shop for comfort not style.
>>
>>798772
Trying to go for comfort and style here.
These bags are only 3 lbs btw, whereas the Alice is 6.6
I don't want to look like pic related, just not my style.
>>
>>798730
>Sportsmans Guide

You bought a Chinese immitation.
>>
>>798804
Brand new then! Even better !
>>
>>798693
>stylish backpack
>traditional trail of pilgrimage
What are you getting at here exactly?
>>
>>798814
Vigorous anal sex.
>>
>>798848
Unless he's 12 those Moorish descendants won't be interested.
>>
Look for the Karrimor backpacks
>>
>>798814
Thought waxed canvas would be less glitzy than those brightly colored synthetic bags everyone uses. Thought it would be in better taste than >>798781
thsmis monstrosity.
>>
>>799005
Waxed canvas is hipster shit at this point honestly. It's heavier and less practical. Durable yes, but so is nylon if that's what you're after.
The only people who wear canvas or duck cotton and insist it's good are Gorka-tards. (read: heavy, durable, windbreak that won't ever really need to deal with moisture for multiple days because they go home to their mommies or commissars depending on nationality)
Better to take a lighter-weight synthetic pack and water proof stuff sacks/zip locks where appropriate. You can wax it if you want to to keep it from wetting out if that becomes an issue but really Fjallraven packs and the like have become glitzy because they are just so absurd at this point. Waxed cotton/canvas is just a thing of the past unless you're trying to make a fashion statement on your college campus.
>>798953
>>798848
In retrospect if he's over 12 the Catholics wouldn't be interested either, so I'm not sure what to say.
Maybe something about drugs and pedophilia in Portugal or whatever. Is there a joke there? I don't know much about Portugal besides their recent drug law and the fact that they spawned that bastard child Brazil.
>>
>>798693
Jumping of of this. What would you guys suggest as someones first backpack. I'm just dipping my feet into backpacking and want something that is relatively simple and cheap.
>>
There's a new kickstarter for a custom bushcraft pack that's got Joe Robinet's stamp of approval on it. Kick starter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ynotmade/the-wildland-scout-backpack-the-ultimate-bushcraft/description
Youtube preview here: https://youtu.be/mjDO7G6r4Tg
>>
>>799709
That thing looks like an overpriced, over featured piece of shit to me. Shit dangling off it all over the place. Not my style.

I'd prefer a streamlined, clean design over all those fucking pockets and gadgets. The bag lacks meaningful weight producing features (such as proper suspension) and instead replaces it with a bunch of fluff and nonsense.

3/10, inefficient design, try again Joe
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (252 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
252 KB, 1200x1600
I'm going to be spending a few months innawoods. I'll have plenty of food and water on site, and when you consider that, I won't have a dire need for survivalism. I'm really just going in with the bare essentials, so would a 35L pack be alright?
I was considering buying pic related since I won't look too much like an autismo when I come out of the trees every other week.
Then again, an Alice pack would probably be better. I just love the look of this pack.
>>
>>800547
Its a good pack. Ive got one, a bit narrow around he shoulders for me (191cm, fairly built), other than that its hard to beat for the price.

I got a SJ35L, same size but bigger frame + hipbelt. I usually attach a waterproof bag under the pack on the frame for tent/tarp/blankets etc (supposed to attach a medic box there).
>>
>>800547
Its a great pack, I use mine alot.
It looks like the one in your pic is of some poor fabric. The one I have seems much more durable and waterproof, but maybe Im wrong.

>>800564
Take a look at where strap is connected to the top of the pack, that's where you can adjust the shoulder width.
>>
>>800583
Its the frame thats pressing into my shoulders, the straps themselves are pretty decent when adjusted correctly. May need a bit more padding if carrying heavy loads.

The frame simply is to narrow for my build, but the sj35l got the frame of the LK70. That frame is wider, longer and in general better fit for me. Also, the hipbelt is quite comfy then carrying a deer or boar and rifle out of the woods (tied down to the top of the frame).
>>
File: leopard46_front_oatmeal2_4.jpg (256 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
leopard46_front_oatmeal2_4.jpg
256 KB, 1400x1400
You want a pack that is classy, but not hipster garbage?

Welcome to the Granite Gear Leopard VC 46.

It's not a flashy lime green polyester bag, but still has modern construction, is light weight, and is classier than your typical hiking pack.

Anywhere from $100-150 depending what sales are on. Woot had them for $80 few months ago, but only have black ones left.
>>
File: leopard46_back_oatmeal_3.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
leopard46_back_oatmeal_3.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1500
Here is another view.

Classy and functional.
>>
>>800603
>Granite Gear Leopard VC 46.

>2 lbs. 12 oz.

not TOO bad

Backframe looks like shit tho, non adjustable and not enough mesh, thats gonna be sweaty to wear.
>>
>>800612
Depends how deep the those grooves are in the back, may not be as bad as it looks.

Nice looking pack though.
>>
>>799425
Find a used Kelty pack

They are cheap and reliable: a good starter pack because if you don't like it it didn't cost you much.
>>
>>799709
So...he made an internal frame ALICE?

Get an ALICE pack and sew a couple sheets of plastic inside of it: it'll be cheaper and better.
>>
>>800547
I love ALICE packs but the LK35 is about as good.

Benefits of each

LK35
>More comfortable
>Doesn't feel like you're getting tentacle fucked by OD webbing

ALCIE pack
>Larger
>Enough webbing to make Spiderman vomit

TL;DR if you want more space take the ALICE, if you want more comfort take the LK35.
>>
>>798772
OP is a hipster faggot so that would make sense, right?
>>
File: Swag+and+class_a547e4_5310824.jpg (55 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
Swag+and+class_a547e4_5310824.jpg
55 KB, 500x485
>classy
>>
>>801128
I ain't no Mimsy-ass bitch. I am a Classi ho.
>>
>>798693
I do not give a flying fuck about style. My hunting pack is a MALICE pack. It's ugly, it was cheap, it is sturdy, and with the MOLLE II belt that I put on it, it is comfortable enough for what I use it for. Plus, with enough 550 cord, I can lash an elk quarter to it and hump it out.

When you look for a pack, look for comfort and look for utility. Again, fuck style.
>>
File: 1466827537318.jpg (87 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1466827537318.jpg
87 KB, 500x485
>>801128
*Fixed

In this moment...
>>
>>798693
Quick Question
Are those 15-20 dollar Chinese packs on eBay even worth it?
>>
Snugpack xocel or rocketpack.
>>
File: image.png (938 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
938 KB, 750x1334
Chinkshopper here, found this exact one for shit cheap, would recommend buying more of the same genera when you order clothes and stuff like this.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.