[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Out/ Injuries General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: cells-reaction-face.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
cells-reaction-face.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
What does /out/ recommend as a remedy for a bad sunburn ? I have a baby aloe vera plant, but is that the best thing for sunburn? Or just an old wives tale?
>>
Mayonnaise
>>
>>798257
I'm gonna have to ask you to explain how that works sir.
>>
Bleach
>>
>>798269
Brown recluse?
>>
Cold bath, don't burst the blisters, accept the melanoma when it appears
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 856x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 856x575
>>798253
Drink a warm glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP CRYING YOU PUSSY!
No seriously though you should really just try and tough it out and not go on a Nepalese Sherpa cooking recipe exchange board to whine about a nasty sunburn you sissy.
>>
>>798253
aloe or burn gel, stick it in the fridge for extra cooling

the better thing is to not get one in the first place; wear a hat and sunscreen

skin cancer is bad, mkaaay
>>
>>798322
I just didn't think about it cause there was a cold breeze all morning, then when I walked by the mirror I realized my whole back was red.

It's not so much that it hurts, that's barely even irritating, it's just I know sunburns are very damaging on the skin. I was mostly just looking for something to help it heal better.
>>
Coconut water. Seeing as how it is a burn, you need to rehydrate. I got toasted 2 years ago working in ID and I drank 2 16oz things of coconut water and the burn was gone in ~48 hours aloe Vera soothes it but don't waste your plant, just buy some in a tube.
>>
>>798253
>I have a baby aloe vera plant
This:
>>798378
>Coconut water
and
>don't waste your plant, just buy some in a tube
Let your baby aloe grow up big and strong before you go ripping off her lobes.
>>
>>798253
Don't get sun burned in the first place. Wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, a brimmed hat, a scarf of some sort, and gloves. Being sweaty is better than burnt to a crisp, and the sweatiness can be mitigated with the right clothing.
>>
Just buy some aftersun and don't be retarded next time by getting sunburnt in the first place
>>
>>798253
If you have nothing else with you, try to see if you can find some plantain leaves while /out/. They're basically cosmopolitan at this point, and seem to grow anywhere where there's been a significant human presence.

The leaves themselves can be used as a decent salve for sunburns, bugbites, & cuts. You can chew on them and use the cud as a compress, which has saved my ass from infections dozens of times. While modern medicine is obviously preferable, plantains have always been a good last-ditch alternative.

http://wellnessmama.com/5387/plantain-healing-herb/
>>
Hydrogel. Seriously. For burns and sunburn, you should NEVER have a FAK without hydrogel
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.