[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/, anyone here good with tomato plants? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 20160620_191806.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160620_191806.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Hey /out/, anyone here good with tomato plants? I don't know what exactly is going on with my plants but this definitely isn't right....
>>
File: 20160620_191744.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160620_191744.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Another picture of a different tomato plant. All of my plants are doing this.. some much worse then others..
>>
>>798237

do you have a better picture of the whole plant and the pot?
>>
File: asd.png (143 KB, 662x655) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
143 KB, 662x655
No clue but google told me this
>>
File: 20160620_191756.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160620_191756.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>798241

This one help? This is one of the ones with the least amount of spots. I'd take another but it's getting dark out and probably a bad time to get good pictures..
>>
>>798247

Yes. The perspective might be misleading me, but I think you may have issues with having enough light during early growth and with your soil PH and/or nutrients.
>>
>>798249

the soil was a combination of mulch for drainage, top soil, compost, and peat moss. Don't know the PH levels, but I do suspect that they are not getting enough sunlight. Might have to move them to a different spot. They are the only ones that seem to be failing. The other plants we have (beans, spinach, lettuce) are just sprouting up but they did sprout up pretty fast (considering we planted them a week ago)
>>
>>798258

Ok. Yeah I'd be much more worried about the light and less worried about the dry looking spots on the leaves at this point. And if it was me, I would test the soil if reasonably possible... also I'd let it go finger dry or let them droop before watering if you are not.

I've seen and done much worse, though. Don't mean to be telling you what to do, just offering suggestions from what I've seen of tomato plants.:)
>>
>>798264
All of your suggestions are great. Honestly all of this helps a lot for a beginner at growing anything. I haven't been letting them go finger dry and have been actually watering them daily. I know you have to daily water sprouts (what we've done for all the germinating seeds) and so had been watering them as well.. I didn't water them tonight, though...
>>
>>798235
Keep the farming and gardening in one thread: >>797118

Learn to use the: >>>/out/catalog
>>
>>798275

Will do next time! Sorry for that!
>>
Sunburn, make sure you only water them in the evening
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.