[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trespassing!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Posted.png (575 KB, 682x1029) Image search: [Google]
Posted.png
575 KB, 682x1029
Bear with me /out/, lets talk trespassing.
What are your opinions on walking across land that is posted? What if said land is owned by a large corporation who leases out the land to farmers and hunt clubs that charge insane membership dues? If you aren't hunting, fishing, or anything that disturbed the land, merely taking in its beauty?
>>
It seems like you are trying to justify trespassing. I don't like it when people trespass on my property so I do t do it to someone else's
>>
>>796720
*so I don't.
>>
You'd be absolutely right, I am trying to justify trespassing if you want to make it so black and white.
>>
Here is the backstory if anybody is interested...
>be planning kayak trip
>many stops along the way will be on shores of land that is owned by timber companies
>not paying $600+ membership to hunt club that is currently leasing land to use the shoreline to camp for the evening
>>
>>796716
>>796725
O'Pea the thing is you need to have some context, and know or know about the owners a bit. In my experience/region, people are very cool with the "freedom to roam" idea. If you walk through, snowshoe through, or cross-country ski through "posted" property everybody's fine. If you motor through, camp, burn, hunt, etc. it's a problem. Now for a dedicated hunting area this could be trouble because they probably don't want people disturbing the hunt and spooking animals, but also probably don't want people who might get klobbered by stray bullets.

My family property is several acres in a large forest, and we're 100% fine with people walking through and enjoying it, but once dirtbikers started trying to make a road we had to put signs up like your OP pic. It doesn't mean we don't want people to enjoy the forest though. I was trudging through the snow this past winter after we put the signs up and there was a family skiiing through the forest and they panicked because the new "POSTED" signs. I told them they're always welcome through whenever they want and we just had to put the signs up to prevent damage from the ATVs who wanted to chop a road through.

The point is, imho only a dickheaded redneck would be edgy about "muh property" when people just want to walk-through and not cause any harm. But in your case it could mean full-stop NOBODY is allowed through. You have to know the people or context to really know. Also, at least in my state, those signs are bullshit illegitimate unless they have the address and contact info written on them. Just FYI.
>>
>>796728

Did you contact them about it or are you just assuming they'll make you join the hunt club to get permission?
>>
>>796728
Check your local laws about water rights and set backs for the river banks or whatever type of water it is. They may not even have the right to kick you off.
>>
>>796737
Yes.
>>796743
I will.
>>
Theres only the earth m80, no one owns the land. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. Probably wont find many supporters on this cucked ass board, too many old timers who still think property isnt a myth.
>>
>>796716
Hunt clubs don't mess around with land rights. If you are caught you may become their prey.
>>
I often get piece of shit people usually foreign ramblers and birdwatchers come through my property to try and reach a walking route/ nature reserve even though I have signs posted. They are the worst kind of people with a sense of entitlement like no other.

The edge of my property borders a main road. There is a dirt/gravel lane with easy access to the house running through the middle. Its fenced with rubble walls so its obvious private property.

My house is on the other end of the property, closer to the reserve so people often cut through to save an hour on foot or a few minutes by car.

Every time I see or hear a trespasser drive up to meet them in my land rover.
I act hostile and make them turn back and walk out the way they came in. If they are in a car I will make them reverse all the way. I do it as a punishment to watch them squirm.
Even better when they panic and smash their rental cars on one of the walls, and they have to spend hours there waiting for the insurance to send someone out to asses the damage.
>>
File: IG66.jpg (13 KB, 250x260) Image search: [Google]
IG66.jpg
13 KB, 250x260
>>796949
I bet you wanted to vote for Bernie too....
>>
>>796716
if there ain't no house, there ain't no problem.

that's how my state rolls.
>>
File: gladiator_pdvd_267.jpg (23 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
gladiator_pdvd_267.jpg
23 KB, 640x272
>>796981
well this is obviously a pleasant fiction
>>
>>797642
ackchully that's 100% a republican mentality you ign'ant twat
>>
>>796716
Do not go to PA. There is a sign every 20 feet. Whole state. All of it. Trying to get a nap or a camp will have you walking 20 miles extra.

Appalachia is garbage tier. Fuck the areas near this mountain.
>>
>>796716
>Bear with me
>>
>>796716
Where I live, you're better off getting the latest map rather than relying on posted signs. Who owns what has changed since a lot of signs were put up, and some of the fuckers around here have been known to put signs up on public land.

>>796735
Depends on the property, IMO. I wouldn't give a shit if I had 1000 acres in the national forest if somebody wanted to hike through. I do give a fuck about my back yard though.

When it comes to hunting on private land, land owners are a mixed bag. Some of them hate hunters, some of them love hunters and some just want to make sure that their land isn't jacked up. Game and Fish here has a stamp that you have to buy when you buy a license, and that money goes towards private land upkeep if the landowner posts his property with the proper signs and allows lawful game hunters on his property, so that helps a lot. You don't pay the fee if you don't hunt or fish, and if you do, you have more places to hunt and fish.
>>
>>797644
Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.
>>
>>797896
no u
>>
>>796728
>not paying $600+ membership to hunt club that is currently leasing land
You sound like a cheap asshole and you probably think rules and laws don't apply to you, right?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.