[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a Mora Bushcraft knife for trapping and light camping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 51TRGwJtwRL.jpg (37 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
51TRGwJtwRL.jpg
37 KB, 500x381
I just bought a Mora Bushcraft knife for trapping and light camping uses. Did I do good?
>>
can be rough on the hands if you unconciously put your fingers on the spine if you are not used to it.

also, make sure you dont get pine resin on the handle, for the love of the gods dont get pine resin on the handle.

also beware of the rubber where it meets the plastic towards the blade at the choil,
>>
Friendly reminder to get vaccinated against ticks before going camping into the woods
>>
>>795185
Is it that rubbery? I've seen a lot of reviews and it looked like a pretty durable knife. Saw some guys batoning with it even. I just needed a good knife for making traps.
>>
>>795186
Thanks m8 I also just topped off my headlight fluid.
>>
>>795189
its not really rubbery i guess, not like bike tire ruber, but it is a very comfortable handle, i batoned it, smashed nuts with the butt hend and generally abused it and its just begged for more, good knife. only large annoyance is pine resin on the handle, i have not been able to make it not sticky since
>>
>>795196
That's great lol I'm in Washington. This thing will get pine resin all over it. What have you tried to clean the handle with?
>>
>>795201
regular washing in cold and warm water, hand sanitizer which usually removes it, regular soap and all that, i am hesitant to wamr it up too much for fear the rubber will seperate from the plastic
>>
>>795211
mind you i have the "bushcraft survival" lol buzzwords,

but i think the handle is the same
>>
>>795211
as someone who harvests pine resin, wipe it up with some acetone to get rid of it. If the handle is durable plastic like you said it is the acetone shouldn't affect the plastic
>>
>>795181
What do you trap?
>>
>>795214
yea thats what i usually do, and it works like a charm on all my other knives/axes, but i dont know if its actually the acetone acting with the rubbery handle or something but it is eternally sticky now ..
>>
>>795215
Just small game. I haven't caught much because I don't need to eat it. I mostly just practice. I want to start camping without having to take a lot of food with me. I've been looking at compact fly rods as well but have't decided o n one.
>>
>>795217
How hard would it be to just rehandle?
>>
>>795196
Try pic related? This stuff tends to wash rubbery stuff better than soap. Used it on watch bands a bunch.

The other thing I'd try is oil. Gets sticker junk off. Mineral, olive, canola. Doesn't really matter.
Maybe oil then cetaphil is your best bet.
>>
>>795181
I hope you did good becuase that's what I ordered a couple of days ago.
>>
>>795235
glycerine is the magic substance.
it can wash superglue off your skin even.
>>
>>795718
Isn't that lube?
>>
>>795718
>glycerine
What makes it nitro?
>>
>>795181
Mora's get a lot of hate for being meme knives but they are pretty durable and will last unless you start trying to baton tress down with them, I've had on for seven years and counting, and it has never let me down, it's just a good reliable knife.

You did fine.
>>
>>795848
Nitric acid
>>
>>795841
no that's vaseline. vaseline can create a water barrier but it does not hydrate in itself.
glycerine seeps into the skin hydrates it and detaches superglue or any sticky shit if you rub it in.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.