[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell us a little where you're from /out/ >Country (state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18
Tell us a little where you're from /out/

>Country (state if from USA)

>0/10 scale on quality of scenery

>0/10 scale of /out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)

>0/10 scale on quality of hunting

>0/10 scale on quality of fishing

>0/10 scale on quality of off-roading

>0/10 scale on quality of other activities (rock climbing, skiing, etc.)
>>
OP doing mine.

USA, Virginia

9/10. We got mountains, forests, farmland, the coast, etc.

>0/10 scale of /out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)
>6/10. We got national forests and the AT through the western part of the state. But the rest of the state is pretty private.

5/10. Pretty much deer is all there is besides small game. There's turkey and bear hunting but I've hardly seen any.

9/10. We got the big rivers, lakes, the bay, and everything. Only thing were missing is salmon runs.

Can't comment.

Can't comment. We got a few ski parks but I've never been to them.
>>
Central California

7/10, live in a mid size town. 10 minutes driving and I'm at the country side. Pretty nice desu

8/10 just went on a hike near a railroad Saturday. It was pouring down rain, but hell was it fun
2/10 live in california, can hunt rabbits with a bb gun sometimes
10/10 live near a river, no problems there
3/10 no where public to do that really.
0/10 if you don't like walking, not much to do
>>
Southwestern Australia

6-7, mostly just flat farmland, but also a long hill range covered in natural forest, and some nice natural bushland and coast to explore

Probably 8-9/10. There is the famous Bibbulman Track that runs along here, although I haven't done it. Unless you go into the hills or down south, theres not alot of great scenery

6/10
Kangaroos everywhere if you have the guns and license to shoot them. Wild hogs and rabbits too. Deer too in the hills, but rarer

6/10, some good spots if you have a boat big enough to go out deep

Not sure, but I have alot of friends who do and they say its great

Not sure, but there's definitely no skiing

Took pic related while camping with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago, just on the family farm
>>
File: 99052777.jpg (542 KB, 2000x950) Image search: [Google]
99052777.jpg
542 KB, 2000x950
>>736135
>>Country (state if from USA)
Swizzyland
>>0/10 scale on quality of scenery
fucken excellent I'd say, 10/10
>>0/10 scale of /out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)
Ok tier, we got Jedermansrecht, so with limitations you can camp (bivouac) wherever you want, walk where ever you want and gather edible plants/mushrooms wherever you want. 8/10
>>0/10 scale on quality of hunting
Dunno, it is complicated, 26 cantons, each got its own hunting laws, 3/10
>>0/10 scale on quality of fishing
Much better, Jedermansrecht means you can do basic fishing for free, and we got everything from small creeks with trout to larke lakes with pike or rivers with catfish. Also Ice fishing. 8/10
>>0/10 scale on quality of off-roading
meh, not much fun, our roads are just to good for that. 2/10
>>0/10 scale on quality of other activities (rock climbing, skiing, etc.)
fucken excellent I'd say, 10/10
>>
File: angry screech.jpg (73 KB, 638x701) Image search: [Google]
angry screech.jpg
73 KB, 638x701
USA, Southern California

2/10 only good if you are up high since you can see forever otherwise hope you like dead grass, shrubs, and rocks

4/10 a good amount of trails but most places you can camp cost money unless you go way out in BFE. also you have to go pretty damn far to not see signs of people.

2/10 limited game and even more limited places to hunt

4/10 offshore is top notch in summer, inshore is decent but freshwater is total ass

9/10 this is what most people around here do its a shame i dont care for it

4/10 you can shoot in BFE and i dont do it but this place is supposedly perfect for motorcycles.

Also its hot for most of the year.
>>
File: IMG_1438.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
State: Maine (I'd be interested to know if fellow Mainahs agree with these figures)

>quality of scenery
9/10. We have so few decent mountains, but Acadia NP, and the whole glaciated coastline in general, makes up for it.

>/out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)
8/10? Hard to say since I'm not familiar with the situation in other states. We don't have huge tracts of national forest like other east coast states, but half of landowners don't care who goes on their land. Lots of campgrounds and "camps", public access lakes and beaches, a good smattering of state parks. Good tourist infrastructure.

I don't hunt, but I imagine it's excellent. I saw five does walk past my window an hour ago. Tick-spreading bastards.

10/10, hundreds of lakes and thousands of miles of coastline. I recently learned you can fish in all the lakes in Acadia.

10/10. Look up the Downeast Sunrise Trail if you're interested in this.

9/10; -1 again for lack of mountains. We got climbing, an OK ski resort, canoe trails, sea kayaking...
>>
>>736136
Don't forget the water sports and fishing
757 reporting
>>
>>736135
>Tell us a little where you're from /out/
Germany NRW
3/10, densest populated area in europe
>>0/10 scale of /out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)
2/10, only fields, houses, industry and wood farming.
0/10, forbidden
0/10, forbidden
0/10, forbidden
0/10, no rocks, skiing impossible because no snow for 20 years

How fucked am i?
>>
>>736363
>>736136
To actually contribute
Agree for scenery
7/10 for having AT a few national parks, back Bay, Chesapeake Bay if you into fishing or the creatures that live in the wetlands, great dismal swamp, north most part of NC but close to my home so I'll count it outer banks, many historic places such as Jamestown which isn't exactly what's asked but they have many out things to learn they're.
6/10 mostly deer, more turkey here than for other anon,
10/10 fishing. We have the bay, the ocean, and tons of lakes and rivers. (I'm autistic and overlooked the fact that fishing had a separate catagory)
?/10 offroading not sure on this we have mudding and stuff and I've hiked along a few off roading trails in the GWNF but never been.
?/10 for rock climbing
7/10 water sports we host the east coast surf championship here. Wintergreen (skiing resort) is kinda popular. Boating in the ocean and bay.
>>
>>736376
Better just convert to Islam already

Kinda sucks though, I always imagine Germany as being lots of beautiful old forests and stuff. Then you look at a map and realize it is one large city after another and the country isn't even that big.
>>
>>736135
New Zealand
8/10. Many would probably say 10/10, but we don't have the biome diversity that say the US has.
10/10. our government funds a huge network of trails and huts on public land.
7-8/10. hunting is good and accessible with good laws. (can hunt freely on public land, use of suppressors is encouraged etc) but we lack some of the game you can get in the US, especially big game is pretty much non existent here.
?/10 supposedly good, but I cannot stand angling personally so I can't really comment
Not really sure how to answer this. native bush tends to be far too thick on public land for vehicle traversal. private land tends to be pastureland.
6/10. skiing is OK, but the skifields are small and we don't get more than ~4-5m a year on them. season passes are cheap though. Other than patagonia though, it's really the only good skiing in the southern hemisphere.
>>
>>736179
>can't greentext
Opinion discarded
>>
>Country
NSW, Australia (Sydney to Hunter Region)

8/10 - Blue Mountains and the Watagans are excellent.
Get use to the same forest type 90% of the time.

8/10 - Major places get the most attention.

Not a hunter, from what I've heard I'd guess 5/10.

10/10. Fish everywhere. Variety in coastline. Heaps of Info and facilities.

9/10. Heaps going but full of bogans.

7/10 - Snow is shit. Water sports are great. Rest is good.
>>
>>736399
I think he's being pessimistic; there are plenty of nice woodlands (by European standards) and the whole southern half is super nice. Yeah it was nicer in the Triassic period, but it's still worth a visit.
>>
>>736135
Colorado
10/10 scenery
10/10 availability
9/10 hunting
10/10 fishing
8/10 off roading
10/10 climbing, skiing (duh), hiking
>>
I've been back country camping, hiking, and fishing all over the U.S. so some of this is in relation to other areas.

Texas

9/10 out West. 5/10 in the East.

7/10 Most public land is in overused areas. A point is added for Big Bend and PINS.

4/10 on public land (but if you're talking actual "hunting" and not sitting off a feeder, give it a couple of points. 7/10 if you pay ~$1500 a year. 8/10 if you know someone with a ton of land who doesn't lease it out.

7/10 - Freshwater...If you know where to go (Bass, crappie, bream/sunfish, catfish, etc.) 8/10 - Saltwater surf and bay - Flounder, specs, shark, spanish macs, etc. etc.

4/10 Mostly mud and sand riverbottoms

5/10 rock climbing for bouldering (the Tanks out in El Paso, and e-rock)
7/10 canoeing
9/10 river recreation (tubing, relaxing, boating)
>>
File: DSC02508_-L.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSC02508_-L.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>736483
>Colorado
>8/10 off roading
wat
>>
>>736483
>10/10 scenery
kek
>>
>>736135
Louisiana, USA
7/10 No mountains but swamps and marshes are extremely nice at sunset.
Very few national parks or forrests. WMA's are over regulated.
8/10 Hunting. Deer is average but duck and hog are great. Plus nutria are fun to shoot. Gators also.
10/10 World class
5/10 Mostly mudding, no rock crawling because no rocks. Usually hard to find land to ride, few public off road areas.
6/10
Long time for water related activities but no snow and no climbing.
>>
Colorado

8/10 overall but 11/10 mountains

1/10 to 10/10 depending on were you live

11/10 Elk, 8/10 other big game 6/10 fowling and upland game

9/10 fly fishing, 4/10 other fishing

Your life is forfeit here if you leave the trail. Consider yourself warned.

11/10 winter sports 7/10 other
>>
>>736683
>11/10
You're a faggot, I hope you die in a fire.
>>
>>736376
I'm also from NRW. Have you been to the Sauerland? It seems to be the most /out/ place around at least on maps, but I haven't been there yet.

The Wiehengebirge in the north of NRW has at least one or two places with pretty nice scenery - but you have to know where to go to avoid idiots who got lost despite the fact that they had a gps, a map, the sun was shining and they just walked 3 km. The way they wanted to go was well documented as well...
It's worth a try if you live nearby.

The Haard (Die Haard, central NRW) is okay for loneliness in the evening, but the scenery isn't as nice as the Wiehengebirge is. Plus in the night many hunters showing up, and there are no good water sources as far I know and its a pure wood farm. Wouldn't recommend.

Then theres the Siebengebirge and the Eifel, places I also still need to visit. The Eifel seems to be potentially very good, but I'm unsure about mines and stuff from WW2. Anyway, the Sauerland is the next place I'm going to.
>>
UK Lancashire
7/10 lots of wide open hills and rocky peaks with a few nice woods

9/10 the pennines are literally behind my house

3/10 nogunz and bow huntings illigal you can hunt small game though
7/10 lots of lakes rivers

0/10 not allowed vehicles because we might hurt the environment :(
7/10 lots of small cliffs to climb.snows nearly every year so you can ski/snowboard etc
>>
Okay, just so others feel a little better...

> Country
Czech Republic (Central Europe)

> 7/10 scale on quality of scenery
Pretty good, depends where you go...

> 6/10 scale of /out/ availability (campgrounds, hiking trails, public forests, etc.)
Can't camp anywhere except camps crowded with tourists. Forests in locations with high traffic are messy as fuck, hiking trails are okay. If you know your shit you can get to some pretty untouched locations without families in tight shorts, screaming kids and elders in caravans.
All around you have to camp illegaly for true out experience, or go into some really remote locations

> 0/10 scale on quality of hunting
banned, strict gun laws etc. Not really anything to hunt as well

> 7/10 scale on quality of fishing
I don't fish, but as far as I remember you just need a permit and then you're free to go. Plenty of lakes, streams for you to fish in too...

>3/10 scale on quality of off-roading
Absolutely forbidden in state forests etc (preservation laws), or really strict limitations when it comes to private roads + not really many locations. But you can pay some rich fucker to let you off road in rented car on private property etc.

> 9/10 scale on quality of other activities (rock climbing, skiing, etc.)
I'd say it's good... there are some good ski centres (not really big mountains, and we get less and less snow every year, but at least they're tidy). Lots of good spots for rock climbers and boulderists. Some of the rivers are good for canoeing or cayaking. Some neat castles and chateaus and urbex locations.
All around it's good country for /out/ing, but you have to do illegal stuff sometimes
>>
Norway
Overall 9/10, but the part where I live 4/10
10/10. Hike anywhere, camp anywhere, trails are well maintained and plentyfull.
not really sure, but im guessing 6/10
9/10. great fishingplaces everywhere
as with cars/motorbikes? 3/10. not many places you can do that.
7/10. skiing is big here. lots of other stuff to do like rafting in rivers, downhill biking and much more
>>
>Country
Mexico

>Scenery
9/10 Lots of mountains, a great mixture of biomes.

>Availability
2/10 Biggest issue with the country. A lot of places are Cartel-controlled or just plain unsafe. National parks are alright, private land is your best bet.

>Hunting
4/10 We have deer and peccaries (which are fucking delicious). Good fucking luck trying to get permits.

>Fishing
6/10 Educated guess at best, I honestly have no fucking clue.

>Off-roading
7/10 There's Baja. In some parts of the country any kind of driving is off-road.

>Other.
9/10 Awesome places to rock climb, kayak, rappel. There's several places to go caving too if you're into that kind of shit. Point deducted because we don't have any real spots for snow sports.
>>
File: 1.jpg (729 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
729 KB, 1920x1440
>>736135
Central Washington, USA

8-9/10

8-9/10

7-?/10

7-?/10

?/10

7-?/10 for skiing/snowmobiling
>>
File: South Devon coast.jpg (1018 KB, 1920x1337) Image search: [Google]
South Devon coast.jpg
1018 KB, 1920x1337
>>736135
UK, Devonshire to be precise

8/10. We have Dartmoor, rocky coastlines, pristine beaches, pine forests on the moors and lots of tidal rivers

9/10, About 75% of Dartmoor is common land so you need no permission to camp there. We have loads of coastal hiking and woodland hiking paths, forests are few and far between and are filled with dog walkers so it's not great.

2/10, being the UK there isn't really anything worth hunting, pretty much all we can get are rabbits and squirrels with air rifles for non-gun owners, pretty sure I seen a Deer a few months ago but they're rare.

10/10, lots of tidal rivers teeming with fish, English Channel to the South and the Bristol Channel to the North as well as freshwater lakes and rivers

2/10. Can't really comment on off road cars/quads. There are some decent bike trails dotted around but they're not common.

6/10. A few opportunities for rock climbing, skiing is non existent except for artificial. Most of our activities are watersports related, our sailing facilities are world class.
>>
>>736980

This looks out near Cle Elum? How close am I?
>>
File: woodbooger-jpg.jpg (359 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
woodbooger-jpg.jpg
359 KB, 1200x1600
>>736136
276 reporting. Beware of the Woodbooger while /out/ in SW VA.
>>
>>737050
The Netherlands

4/10 everything is flat as fuck but we do get nice skies as the sun can make the sky light up red on a nice calm moderately cloudy day.

2/10 all we have is campsites with loads of "tokkies".

0.001/10 owning or trying to own any type of weapon here is an absolute nightmare.

8/10 loads of good fishing waters but you do need to be a member of a local fishing club and it doesn't mean you can fish everywhere.

what?/10 we are too densely populated to have actual wilderness so the next best thing is forests that get used for military training with sand roads...

4/10 we have some indoor surrogates...

i fucking hate this place.
>>
>>736135
Kansas, USA

1/10 scenery, 1 is for the Flint Hills.

3/10 /out/ness.

6/10 hunting. Good bird hunting.

5/10 fishing.

2/10. Pancakes arent fun to offroad on

-10/10. have to pay for anything fun

>tl;dr just fucking kill me
>>
>>737045
It's West of Twisp/Winthrop actually.
>>
USA, Georgia

7/10. App. mountains are pretty, but south georgia is pretty brutal. some nice coastline as well too.

8/10. In North GA, tons of /out/ options. Entire northern 1/3 of GA is basically BLM/NF. South GA isn't bad either, but nowhere near as prevalent

7/10. Great deer hunting, good bird hunting, turkey as well.

9/10. Some of the best bass fishing in the country. Good trout fishing up north. Saltwater fishing off the coast. Fly and spincast is prevalent.

6/10. Lots of places, but nothing super crazy. Lots of mudding and shit though.

3/10. It's GA, so no skiing, snowmobiling, etc. Pretty sure there is some rock climbing up north so that's really the only other thing I can think you can do.
>>
>>736135
>Kansas
>7/10 scenery
>6/10 out availability, you can easily access all kinds of stuff but it isn't the best in any respect
>9/10 hunting, but I dont hunt
>5/10 fishing, I havent fished anywhere else tho
>0/10 offroading
>0/10 other activities

It is low key and not very exciting, but thats the way I like things, and if you can find enjoyment in the little things it is a good place to live
>>
>Alberta
10/10 scenery - rocky mountain high
10/10 /out/ availability - banff is 1 hour from calgary, jasper is ~3 hours, great plains are to the east for hunting
7/10 hunting - better than ontario but firearm laws are a little goofy and you can only get 1 of each big game animal per season (1 deer, 1 elk, 1 sheep, etc.)
7/10 fishing - got them rivers
6/10 offroading - all the good trails are closed november to june, unless you want to get stuck and die in the mountains w/ no cell service
10/10 other activities - skiing is off the hook, good rural roads for long distance cycling, most lenient attitude toward guns in canada, etc.
>>
File: image.gif (37 KB, 750x678) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
37 KB, 750x678
>Wisconsin
>8/10 for northwoods, 5-7/10 for southern-eastern, haven't gone southwest

>8/10 availability, 3.5 hours to anyway in the state

> Only pheasant hunt, public isn't too great unless you're out when the DNR stocks

>Fishing is changing, sturgeon had a great year and walleye are on the rise

>Boulder at Devil's Lake, nice when not packed (rare)
>>
Lol at these southerners in the US giving their scenery a 7,8 or 9. You need to travel.
>>
Montana, USA

7/10 scenery. Scenic mountains, the plains are beautiful, some nice rivers and lakes. Mostly free of ugly urban sprawl.

8/10 /out/ availability, decent amount of federal and state land

7/10 hunting, mostly free of weird rules, healthy populations for the most part

?/10 fishing, don't fish enough and not good enough at it to have an opinion on this

?/10 offroading

6/10 other activities. There isn't a lot of rockclimbing, a few popular places, and there's a lot of shitty rock (entirety of Glacier). Good skiing during the season but often short relative to other places. Some good mountainbiking trails but nothing like Utah.
>>
>>736135
Western Washington.

9/10

7/10

5/10

8/10

Don't know

9/10
>>
Southern California

1/10. I live in the Valley by a freeway and an airport. So unless you like that, it's shit.

6/10. Most shit requires a small drive to get to, and most of the campgrounds are actually, and I hate the word, "glamping". Plus side is that Angeles Forest is so damn huge that it feels like theres a thousand different entrances to it. So hiking trails and forest/parks out the ass, but camping a shit.

2/10. The only place I've hunted around was near Devil's Punchbowl for quail.

6/10 The ocean is just a small drive away, so you can go on a fishing trip relatively easily.

1/10 Nowhere to do so, really.

7/10. Vasquez Rocks and Rocky Peak are good for bouldering and minor rockclimbing, but Rocky Peak is desperate for cleanup. Idk about skiing because I've never done it, and if you want surfing, most beaches are decent.

>>736193
I'm gonna assume you're farther south than I am.
>>
>>736719
We should meet, there are lots of areas i want to explore, but its hard to find people that are crazy enough to camp wild and stuff.

No homo tho. pls, don't murder me.
>>
File: IMG_20150722_141214.jpg (982 KB, 1440x1748) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150722_141214.jpg
982 KB, 1440x1748
California (SF Bay Area)
6/10 Hills, mountains and ridges covered in scrub grass scrub and woods. Nothing special but quite scenic for such a densely populated area. pic related is pretty standard
7/10 Loads of parks and public space in pretty much every direction. Great day hiking, decent camping, good variety of terrain.
1/10 No hunting allowed, except maybe killing pests in more rural areas
5?/10 Fishing on the bayshore is pretty popular, I've never done it though, so I can't really say how good it is. Ponds and resevoirs are occasionally stocked.
0/10 No motor vehicles on public land as far I know.
7/10 Road biking on Mt. Tamalpais and Mt. Diablo is very popular, the Tour of California bike race uses them as well. Horseback riding is also pretty common. Good variety of mountain biking options. Surfing and boating on the bay and ocean
>>
Wisconsin
6/10 overall. Lots of farmland that gets to be monotonous, but their are tons of gorgeous places in the northwoods and the driftless. And in the rest of the state if you look hard enough.
8/10. Even in the middle of Downtown Milwaukee or Downtown Madison you are not that far from an /out/ opportunity. The truly secluded places require time and effort to get to, however.
9/10. Whitetail population took a hit the past few seasons, but that shit is cyclical. We have some of the best grouse hunting in the country, solid pheasant hunting in the southern half, and there are fucking Turkeys everywhere.
10/10. We got everything but deep sea fishing. You want to chase trophy Muskie? Boulder Junction and Hayward areas both have monsters lurking there, but even the chain of lakes around the capitol have 50 inch monsters cruising the waters. Walleye? Oh fuck yeah. Bass? Everywhere. Catfish? Shit yeah. Northern Pike? Shit yeah. More panfish than you can count. Trout? the driftless has more coulees and creeks to fish than you have time. We got steelhead runs from the Great Lakes. We got monster Brown Trout in Lake Michigan. We even have Chinook and Coho salmon (although they have been on the decline recently due to a forage base change in Lake Michigan).
I don't offroad.
8/10. Some rock climbing, but nothing super high or crazy. Cross-county skiing is great, but downhill is regulated to only a few hills. Tons of hiking trails everywhere, cycling is really good (all kinds, but mountain biking is fewer and farther between), tons of lakes and rivers to paddle and boat around, snow mobile and atv trails... the list goes on
>>
>>737619
Fine by me, rock climbing is for fags
>>
>>736732
>ski, snowboard
>Lancashire
The fuck part are you talking bout
>>
>>736350
Fellow mainah here. I'd agree, don't know about hunting either, but moose and such used to walk on to my parents front lawn they'd say.
>>
>State

West NY

>7/10 scenery

Can vary from the west, to the south and central. Tons of wetlands, mountains, lakes, valleys, flatland etc.

>9/10 Availability

Always some new place to go explore, dozens of parks and campgrounds. Adirondacks are a short trip away.

>NA/10 Hunting

I don't hunt

>5/10 scale on quality of fishing

A lot of waterbodies are polluted over here, but nonetheless I generally have good luck catching and finding a place.

>7/10 scale on quality of off-roading

Great snowmobiling in the winter time across the state

>8/10 scale on quality of other activities
>>
File: peytoe.jpg (201 KB, 725x482) Image search: [Google]
peytoe.jpg
201 KB, 725x482
>>736135
Alberta, Canada

10/10, even without the national parks

8/10, there are a lot of great places but the good ones usually require 3 or more hours of driving to get there. But there are tons of mediocre places in between.

7/10, from a buddy who hunts.

5.5/10, all the decent places are way up north. Though I don't fish.

No idea

9/10, have a friend who rock climbs and he loves going out to the mountains. Banff and Jasper both have great ski places.
>>
File: geoduck2.jpg (37 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
geoduck2.jpg
37 KB, 450x600
Western Washington, USA

9/10 - we have have lakes, rivers, mountains, and ocean all next to each other. North Cascades NP is underrated, especially in the fall.

7/10 - weird property boundaries and the extent of beachfront ownership is... complicated. Camping in the mountains is great. Popular spots get extremely crowded though.

can't say, but it's not 0.

8/10 - lakes, rivers, puget sound, pacific ocean

can't say, but I've seen people do it near Olympia

10/10 - skiing, bouldering/rock climbing, some of the best mushroom foraging, berry picking, every kind of boating, recreational shellfish harvesting (pic related), diving
>>
File: flaming gorge.jpg (365 KB, 1260x670) Image search: [Google]
flaming gorge.jpg
365 KB, 1260x670
Utah
8/10 really beautiful mountains and canyons
8/10 lots of national parks and national forests all around
8/10 not a big hunter myself but we have antelope, bighorn sheep, elk, and deer everywhere.
9/10 there are hundreds of lakes in the Uintah mountains where I live and the green river coming out of the Flaming Gorge dam is the best flyfishing i know of.
8/10 if you have a good vehicle for it there are crazy rock crawling places and the mountains and deserys are alway fun to drive around in.
9/10 I don't ski but all I hear is great things about here, rock climbing is really awesome here in the canyons and petroglyphs all over the place. the biking trails are also very good if a little scary sometimes, but that is why they are good I guess. lol
>>
File: fuck_this_shit.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fuck_this_shit.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
It sucks here.

Mexico, Coahuila

3/10 its a dessert, so you can look dirt, plants whit thorns and mountains. But there is like really cool ponds in some places.

2/10 there is just 1 camping spot that is somewhat good and relatively close.

6/10 actually good for rabbits and deer

5/10 it´s in the same spot as the camping place, and is just fine.

0/10 the sun will toast you, and there is just too many thorns.

0/10 there is nothing.
we have the "silence zone" where there is no signal of radio or cellphone, that count like an extra.
>>
>>736683
>9/10 fly fishing, 4/10 other fishing

I dont' know what you're judging fishing on (honestly) but here in Texas we have a ton of freshwater and saltwater fishing (and professional contests to go with it) and stream fishing in Colorado blows it away - aesthetics, climate, lack of bugs, quality of fish, quality of catch, enjoyment of catch....hell, even driving to the fishing spot is enjoyable. I'm in Houston and have an entire large tackle box and several rods and reels dedicated to fishing in Colorado.

>Camping
>1/10 to 10/10 depending on were you live

I can only think 1/10 for the Eastern part. But I've never met a Colorado state or NF campground in over three decades that ranks below a 7/10.

>Off-roading
>Your life is forfeit here if you leave the trail. Consider yourself warned.

Yep. The Lake Como road (Blanca massif) comes to mind. Hell, your life may be forfeit if you don't take the obstacles correctly.
>>
>>736135
Vegas NV
0/10 anywhere near the city, Overall 4/10
3/10
1/10 Only cause theres coyotes
0/10
IDK, but several places to go
6/10
>>
>>738402
>I dont' know what you're judging fishing on (honestly)
Comparing it to Alaska, Washington and Montana. As far as salmonids go I'd say the fact that we have no salmon or steelhead is (almost) made up for by our varieties of trout, our scenery (a draw with the above states) and our dry-fly fishing but everything else is mediocre compared to other places in the country (ie. the Great Lakes states have much better Pike/Muskie fishing, the south has better Bass, etc.), our warm-water fisheries in particular are pretty crappy and we have no saltwater species whatsoever.

>>738402
>Blanca massif
Son of a bitch; I grew up in La Veta.

Why does half of your state seem to descend upon the Sangres in the summer? Does "fuck off, we're full" mean nothing to you? And do Texans have some sort of genetic disability that prevents them from being able to drive in precipitation?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.