[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SF Bay Area Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: MtDiablo.jpg (460 KB, 2048x880) Image search: [Google]
MtDiablo.jpg
460 KB, 2048x880
Are there any hiking spots near the Bay Area that are must-visit? Im definitely doing Yosemite and Redwoods this summer, and Mt Diablo is literally a 5 minute drive from me.
>>
>>787131
If you're going to Yosemite do Cloud's Rest, it's higher than Half-dome and has way fewer people
>>
File: clouds-yosemite2.jpg (190 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
clouds-yosemite2.jpg
190 KB, 700x525
>mt tam
>marin headlands
>big basin
>pinnacles n.p.

the best view in yosemite is sentinel dome, imo. mellow trail and great line of sight to el cap, yosemite falls, and, half dome. hit taft point in the afternoon then bring a sunset picnic to the top of sentinel dome for max value.

where ever you go, if it's between june and august be ready for brutal mosquitoes. i got 88 bites, with constantly reapplied deet and long sleeves and pants, on the clouds rest trail a couple summers ago.
>>
>>787131
yosemite is def not bay area. but if youre down to drives like that id suggest hiking desolation wilderness in tahoe. good fishing. good swimming. lots of mushrooms to hunt.

all the true bay area trails are pretty dope. i try to check out most of them since i go mushroom hunting a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0760.jpg (1 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
1 MB, 4320x2432
>>787131
muir woods
Alamere Falls
Tomales bay/drakes bay
salmon creek
henry cowell redwoods
big basin/portola
henry coe
mendocino national
jackson state forest
big sur/julia phieffer

there's tons of spots to hike and camp in the bay. buy the PCT book and hike it..
>>
Fremont has Mission Peak. When i used to be /fit/ id hike it 3-4 times a week.

Lake Chabot has some spots after the trail ends, kinda hard in spots if you decide to take a bike.

San Carlos/Belmont has a spot up in the Hills.

Oakland Hills has a decent amount of trails the further East you go.

I know im forgetting more.
>>
>>787385
mushrooms arent going to be in season until the late fall though, right? Im heading to the redwoods around that time to find some amanita muscarias
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.