[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is traditional plant-based medicine a useful /out/ skill or something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Herbs.jpg (297 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Herbs.jpg
297 KB, 500x334
Is traditional plant-based medicine a useful /out/ skill or something of the past?
>>
>>
>>778248
Unless you live full time in the wilderness you won't have time for traditional treatments to work.

If you do live full time in the woods your life expectancy is in your 30's anyways, no way to know if medicine helps when you die that young.
>>
>>778250
First post best post
>>
>>778248
I practice a little herbalism as a hobby along with my gardening but if I'm hurt and innawoods then I'm going to use actual medicine.

If you enjoy fucking around with herbal treatments for minor injuries and sicknesses, then its fine. A little mint to calm your stomach and shit like that is way better than rushing to the doctors and popping some pills. But if you are in alife or death situation, don't fuck around with random plants you think you can identify when a bottle of professionally made medicine is at your finger tips.

actively engaging in traditional medicine practically demands that you grow your own stuff, so that you can control for quality and quantity. It's retarded to think you can go innawoods and find the herbs you need like it was a videogame or fantasy novel.
>>
All knowledge is usefull..... All knowledge... we have such sights to show you...
>>
But seriously, knowing what plants can kill you or drive you mad by touch is super usefull
>>
File: poison_plant_graphic.png (605 KB, 890x668) Image search: [Google]
poison_plant_graphic.png
605 KB, 890x668
Here
>>
>>778269
/thread
>>
>>778248
You should know what to not touch, and if you research you might find some herb that helps you out, so you may grow it in a pot for use. Don't expect to find a lifesaver out in the woods, though
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.