[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your summer plans? Anyone going /out/ abroad? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 4578084-6026844400-Margo.gif (914 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
4578084-6026844400-Margo.gif
914 KB, 500x270
What are your summer plans? Anyone going /out/ abroad?
I want to go /out/ing Sweden during a couple weeks but I'm afraid of finding out that memes are real and get disappointed. Is it better to play it safe and go to Finland/Norway instead? I'm going alone btw.

Anyway use this thread to discuss about your summer. If you want to do so.
>>
File: unk arial.png (3 MB, 1305x983) Image search: [Google]
unk arial.png
3 MB, 1305x983
taking my kid camping for the first time next weekend. if it goes well i have another one lined up in june. i have a couple backpacking trips in the sierra in july, one on the west side, one on the east side (pic semi-related: both will be slightly out of the right side of the frame). i have half a dozen climbs i want to get on, but i'm skeptical i'll get more than 2 with how busy my partners and i are this summer.
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Next weekend the waifu and I are going hiking for 4 days in the White Mountains. Should be good. Might climb Mt Katahdin in September if the campsites aren't already booked up.
We hiked the Bigelow section of the Appalachian Trail last week; pic related.
>>
File: 1439449741165.jpg (173 KB, 642x963) Image search: [Google]
1439449741165.jpg
173 KB, 642x963
>>772815
I am taking accutane for the third time. I will stay inside, trying keep moisturized.
>>
File: IMG_20160429_220022101_HDR-L.jpg (73 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160429_220022101_HDR-L.jpg
73 KB, 800x451
Once my moto's running again... ride the piss out of that.
And do a snow dance hoping for a short summer.

I'd like to be more proficient shooting timelapses. Might build a motion/track system to mount the camera to so it's not a static frame. They take so fucking long to shoot though.

Couple other projects on my plate, but most of them are /engineering/, not /out/ at all. Draw lines on a computer screen with an occasional math problem.
Might take the laptop outside and do some work on those projects innawoods, but it's damn nice to have a 2nd display and a good workspace for a lot of that stuff.

Other projects around the house I'd like to do ... want to sell this place and move somewhere with 2-3x the garage space and a bit more land in the next year or three.
>>
>>772943
>third time

I can't imagine what you've got going on
I had horrible acne but one course of accutane was enough to clear it up and I've had clear skin ever since, been 11 years since too
>>
if you have cystic acne its likely hormonal:
+ birth control if grill
+ accutane
+ no dairy

if you have nodular acne or very infrequent cysts:
+ accutane
+ topical retinoids
+ cycline antibiotics (mino, tetra, etc)
+ no dairy

if you have pustules:
+ accutane
+ topical retinoids
+ cyclines
+ benzyl peroxide
+ no dairy

if you have pimples:
+topical retinoids
+benzyl peroxide
+acne.org regimin and all that (wash face only twice, no soaps, etc)

The distinctions arent super rigid. Point is severe acne (cysts, nodules) can't be treated with otc remedies or drugs or "lifehacks" and pretty much 100% require accutane.

Less severe acne you could maybe try some random things to see whats what, but if you have acne thats causing SCARRING, dont fuck around with anything but accutane, because scarring is permanent and lasts for life, no matter what you do.

So if you have acne and its causing scarring, get on accutane.

Also don't go to acne.org, the only people who use that are bitter angry teens whom accutane did not work for, so there is only sensationalistic shit about how bad accutane is.

I listened to those cucks and prolonged treatment with accutane by 1 year, and got about 10 new deep scars. Then i went on accutane, 15g total, 8 months, and the worst i had was dry lips.

You just have to try accutane and see if it works for you, dont listen to hysterical teens and ignorant people who will attribute a red mars to accutane.
>>
>>772955
I was on topical retinoids and cyclic antibiotics for like a year and they didn't do shit then I finally got on the accutane train and it cleared everything right up in just one course
Dermatologist said my acne was "severe"

Also there's no correlation between dairy intake and incidence of acne
>>
>>772973
actually, from first hand experience- being a vegetarian but once in awhile snacking on such foods- there is a direct correlation. buttered, breaded foods in particular.

> select all images with bread
>>
>>772815
>I'm afraid of finding out that memes are real

what do you mean?
>>
File: behead-those-who-insult-islam.png (431 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
behead-those-who-insult-islam.png
431 KB, 700x405
>>773011
>>
>Wild camping 2/3 of the time
>Volunteering with the ranger service
>Practicing bushcraft and upping wildlife knowledge

Trying to weasel my way into working for the ranger service in my area without certification, how possible you think this is?
>>
File: 1446197512304.jpg (84 KB, 674x736) Image search: [Google]
1446197512304.jpg
84 KB, 674x736
>>773014
You're safe /out/ and in general, just a few suburbs and parts in bigger towns you might want to avoid at night.
>>
>>772986
>anecdotal
>>
Thinking of doing some wild camping in Wales, I've only ever done stuff in campsites and such and if like to actually get /out/ more.
I know it's not as great as some other parts of Europe but I'm starting small.
Any tips or suggestions for a newbie?
>>
>>772955
How do you tell one apart of the other? I know pustules are the bright white ones. But all the others look very much a like.
>>
>>773011
Op here. Other than going /out/ I want to visit some cities as well, so it would be shit seeing that the Scandinavian utopia does not really exists. I mean, not being able to walk freely because of some fucked up people and that kind of stuff.
>>
>>772815
I ha e neglected surf and pier fishing, which I love dearly. So this summer I'll be fishing my ass off, goal is to catch some spanish mackerel but they're tough to find. Probably do some flounder fishing too.
>>
>>773136
you'll be fine, don't believe the internet. norway is really nice too but a bit more expensive in general. can't speak for finland though.
>>
If you're looking for a nice city, Stockholm > Oslo > Helsinki. If you're looking for nice outdoors, Norway > Sweden > Finland. But the train trip between all those places are really nice, so it might make sense to do Stockholm (Swe) -> Jotunheimen (Nor) or something.
>>
>>773011
>>773014
>>773028
>>773141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jpuXJPk0w
>>
File: Rich-Kids-of-Instagram-008JPG.jpg (94 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
Rich-Kids-of-Instagram-008JPG.jpg
94 KB, 1200x630
>>772815
I'm going to do a lot of surfing, sailing and diving in Montauk and East Hampton.
>>
>>773172
I would say 50/50. I want to go there mostly because of /out/ but it would be stupid not to visit at least the capital and a few more city gems. do you think that 500/750€ would be enough for two weeks fucking around? Also in Sweden you have regulated hours to drink booze, am I wrong?

>>773175
I will not be carrying around camera gear and I also don't give a fuck about niggers or kebabs. I'm /fit/ enough and can run really fast if shit arises lolol. I just have this colorful idea of Scandi and would like to not ruin it by coming across its bad side. It's like a beautiful girl, I just want to see her good things, not because I'm afraid but because it will make me sad if she's a shitty person.
>>
>>772943
I feel you, im assuming you're a bro. I had it 3 times each for 6 months by my 17th bday. I was lucky enough to do it in winter.

Still get all sorts of zits and blackheads. Atleast the huge cystic acne just gone toned down and less often.
>>
Exams, Roskilde festival and as many trips to the woods i can possibly manage
>>
I am visiting the Faeroer Isles for 2 weeks going hiking and doing the same in north norway
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.