[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European /out/ tier map thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 22
File: 01.png (362 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
01.png
362 KB, 2000x1529
Feel free to do your own one
>>
File: 00.png (523 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
00.png
523 KB, 2000x1529
>>
File: it's all shit.png (4 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
it's all shit.png
4 KB, 2000x1529
>>
>>772402
>Scotland not God tier

wat
>>
That map makes no sense and was clearly made by some slav.
>>
>Italy > Scotland

Nigerian are you sane?
>>
Beaches alone make Portugal a better /out/ country than Benelux/Germany/Denmark/Poland/Baltics.

>France/Spain/Scotland
>Some of the best /out/ besides Scandis
>4
This guy is fucking retarded
>>
The last of the pristine forests in Europe are shit tier.
>>
>>772433
>>772405
Kek, this is probably true. The best places in Yurop for /out/ stuff seem like a mediocre to low tier US state. Germany is supposed to be good on OP's map, but I'm guessing IRL it's like a fairly populated NE state such as MA or CT where there are woods and forest preserves but the mountains aren't great and you are never more that 20mi from a metro area.

>UK
>Not complete shit
The UK would just be left out of the US map if it were a state because it isn't even worth comparing to other states.
>>
Great
>>
File: 1463859996976.png (360 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
1463859996976.png
360 KB, 2000x1529
I fixed op's map but this is rated to /out/ European parameters which are different than US.

Russia has its own tier tbqh.
>>
>>772542
IS France that good? Besides the beaches are there any huge forests you can camp in?

>living in belgium
>>
>>772542
>>772402

I'm Danish, and I can confirm that Denmark is crap-tier with regards to /out/. Unless you got a sailboat, then it's pretty sweet.
>>
>>772544
>France that good?
For European standards I would say yes. It has some awesome beaches, Alps, Pyrenees, plus it is much more relaxed than countries like Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
>>
>>772542
this looks fair enough, i only don't get why you went so hard on ex yugoslavia? Also slovenia and romania should be one up. The Alps and the Carpathians don't make it that bad.
>>
File: TOPKEK.jpg (4 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.jpg
4 KB, 240x144
>>772433
>mfw

yuropoors btfo
>>
>>772743
No i was confused, romania is actually rated right
>>
>>772743
>why you went so hard on ex yugoslavia
I guess I could have thrown Serbia a bone but it does not have a coast and lets be honest, the others, Macedonia, Montebegro, Bosnia, are small as fuck. I rated Croatia and Albania a level up. In general I think it's pretty fair.

Tbqh I even think I rated Switzerland and Austria higher than they really are. They're very small and without being very polite, landlocked countries are shit. Alps are what save them but with all restrictions they are kinda overrated, still nice though.
>>
>>772553
Butthurt swede detected.
>>
File: Lozère vélo.jpg (169 KB, 1600x580) Image search: [Google]
Lozère vélo.jpg
169 KB, 1600x580
>>772544
Frog here, obviously we don't really have true wilderness like the Scandis or the Americas but we have a huge diversity of landscape. 4 mountain ranges (Alps, Pyrenees, Massif Central, Corsica) + 2 smaller ones (Jura, Vosges), several forests including the biggest "artificial" (as in planted by men, otherwise it's a regular forest) forest in western Europe, an ocean coast fit for surf in the south, beautiful clear water in Brittany, and with huge cliffs furter north, the Med coast best for swimming, lots of rivers and gorges fit for kayak (including the highest European canyon), etc. With a great deal of climates since France has pretty much one foot in the south of Europe and one in the north, it's various in between.
Also a "low" population density for Western Europe (lowest areas being in the Massif Central range pic related, which is practically unknown by foreigners), obviously from an American point of view you'll think it's crowded as fuck but it's less dense than England, Belgium, Germany, Italy for instance, and a lot of other.
The south has far more /out/ potential than the north of the country tho, the north has no mountains save in Alsace, less forests, more population

On a side note, for those thinking European forests are shrinking it's actually the opposite, they have been growing for the past century ever since wood isn't the first source of energy, and keep doing so.
>>
File: Reforestation 1900-2000.gif (2 MB, 715x535) Image search: [Google]
Reforestation 1900-2000.gif
2 MB, 715x535
>>773370
About European forests, here's GIF showing the evolution since 1900 (sorry for the countries that aren't shown)
>>
the netherlands is great if you know where to go.

it really gives you a good example of how bad humans are for the environment.
>>
>>773374
you can't hike in those forests.

they're commonly referred to as 'green deserts' by biologists.

the trees aren't native and the undergrowth is often completely lacking of diversity.
>>
>>773387
>you can't hike in those forests.

The fact that I did 3 days ago makes me wonder what makes you think that
>>
>>773389
depends on what you call hiking.

even my grandmother could technically 'hike' through those forests, that's how stale they are.
>>
>>772442
the moist ireland
>>
>>772402
Please put Iceland on god tier, they deserve it.
Austria goes on 3rd tier, no freedom to roam like neighbor Switzerland. And France deserves a 3rd tier, their laws are shite, but they got tons of landscape.
>>
File: Cévennes_Gard.jpg (511 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Cévennes_Gard.jpg
511 KB, 1000x667
>>773393
>Stale

Yeah no. Granted it's no Alaska, but there's still wildlife and more than one type of plant unlike what you seem to think. I mean, you just said the Netherland is great when you know were to go despite being the most crowded, flat as fuck European country and you can't believe France would have proper forests ? K.
>>
>>773400
im talking about the 'newer' forests, not the older ones.
>you just said the Netherland is great
only because
>it really gives you a good example of how bad humans are for the environment.

try having some reading comprehension.
>>
>>773405
>try having some reading comprehension.

I have, it wasn't very clear. For me your post means "the Netherlands has some great places that will make you realize humans are bad because the other places are shit"
Not "the Netherland is great because it's so shit it'll make you hate humans"
But whatever
>>
>>773406
>because the other places are shit
all of the netherlands is shit.

but there's only a few places that really make it clear how shit it actually is.

97% of all plants found in the forest here aren't native. the surrounding countries aren't doing a whole lot better.

but atleast the dutch speak english and they're not huge cunts unlike the french.
>>
>>773409
>but atleast the dutch speak english and they're not huge cunts unlike the french.

Kek ok "nice" to talk to you memelord
>>
>>773409
>Not enjoying the Biesbosch
>Not enjoying the Weerribben
>Not enjoying Lauwersoog
>Not enjoying the Veluwe

I agree 90% of the Netherlands is shit, that's why I'm moving to Finland. But there is natural beauty here.
>>
>>773412
been to all of them.

they're extremely mediocre, 'hiking' in the netherlands is more like urban exploring than actual hiking.

the only interesting nature in the netherlands is the diversity of plants they have growing in the city.
>>
File: 420.jpg (23 KB, 276x350) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
23 KB, 276x350
>>773416
>the diversity of plants they have growing in the city.

I'm not sure if that's a weed joke or not
>>
File: Stenen-Hoofd-Amsterdam.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Stenen-Hoofd-Amsterdam.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>>773426
it isn't.

we've got a lot of 'rare' plants growing in old walls in the city, along canals and such.
>>
>>773436
Wow, I'm impressed, I'm almost inclined to trade it for my freedom to roam plus my mountains plus my old grown forests. Almost.
>>
File: stenenhoofd.jpg (77 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
stenenhoofd.jpg
77 KB, 800x533
>>773440
kek, I know right.

I can't imagine anything more beta than this bunch of half-dead oppressed plants that grow in walls because they've been cucked out of every other habitat imaginable.

it really fits the netherlands.
>>
File: Unavngivet3.jpg (117 KB, 689x667) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet3.jpg
117 KB, 689x667
Based on my experiences. Dane here btw. Romania and Turkey are underrated as fuck.
>>
>>773482
Don't know about Turkey because I've never been there but I can confirm Romania is underrated, for /out/ stuff and other things
>>
>>773482
>Belgium is shit
>Luxembourg isn't
you fucking what
>>
>>773489
turkey has very diverse nature

>>773491
to be fair I only drove through Luxembourg, but it was pretty. Still stand by with belgium
>>
>>772542
And why is slovenia rated so low u basement living goblin? I bet youve never even been there. Its at least 2nd tier if not god. Same austria
>>
>>772561
Have you at least been in austria? Its 10 times more chill than france. And prettier
>>
>>774621
Austria is 3rd tier at best. Skandies are god tier, no doubt, Switzerland comes in 2nd tier, but only because they got freedoam to roam. Now Austria is not prettier than Switzerland, it is about the same level, plus it has way shittier laws, that makes it 3rd tier.
>>
File: 1.jpg (588 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
588 KB, 2000x1529
Fuck y'all
>>
>>772402
Mazuria in Poland is exceptional, you won't find another region like that, I loved it (I grew there in my farmstead)
Italy is cool for beaches but they're meh since they're privatized shit or polluted beaches, it sucks, why the hell would anyone ruin such thing? And it make me really mad, even countrside in Italy fucking sucks, all garbage or every plot is privatized, disgusting
>>
>>774621
>And why is slovenia rated so low
>20,273 km2
There champ

>>774622
>Landlocked
>>
>>772402
How is Scotland ranked so lowly?
Wild camping allowed everywhere, good scenery, weather is nice if you're not a massive pussy, beaches can be good as well.
>>
>>772542
Estonia is definitely better than latvia and ukraine.
>>
>>773412
>that's why I'm moving to Finland
Finland is mostly swamps, desolate tree plantations and farmland that looks the same no matter you go with zero changes in elevation. And summer cabins are all over the place, you'll never find a spot that isn't within a hearing distance of a bunch of drunk hipsters.
>>
>>774723
>Finland is mostly swamps, desolate tree plantations and farmland that looks the same no matter you go with zero changes in elevation
Those are true, but drunk hipsters stay in Helsinki most of the year, some may go to their parents summer cabin for 1 week in midsummer
>>
>>774723
>hipsters
There's these too up there?
>>
>>772504
>muh beaches.
Thats you.
>>
>>772544
You're fucking Belgian. How do you not know France?

Fellow /outBelgofag/ here. Ashamed of you.
>>
>>773374
Just look at the Netherlands gaining land instead of forest.
>>
>>773374
Also, i can literally see forest growing in my own region and i'm wondering where the fuck it is.

In my expierence it's all mono-culture dairy and pig farms. (Go ahead, figure out where i'm from)
>>
>>773482
>>773498
Nigga, the high fens (Hoge venen) is an unpopulated forest region the size of luxembourg.
How on earth would they better?
>mfw our province Luxemburg is better than the actual country.
>>
>>772402
hungary should be black it's so shit
>>
Spain is depressing mostly.

All rock and pointy pines.

Almost no wildlife

Almost no public spaces

Almost no rights for outdoorsmen
>>
File: 1463859978278.png (361 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
1463859978278.png
361 KB, 2000x1529
>>
>>773482
>Turkey

This is a map about Europe.
>>
>>776308
>Clueless the map
>>
>>772402
I am from Balkans (Croatia) and Op is full of shit.. the amount of fun you can have outdoors here is insane. There are alot of forests and in southern parts you can find mountains and slopes..
>>
>>777945
i'm hugarian
hungaria forest is like this:
>garbage everywhere
>you throw a rock in any direction it hits a house an illegally parked car or a power line pylon
>you get lost just walk straight ahead and in 200m you reach civilization
>no large predators whatsoever unless you count foxes and jackals
>hunters kill dogs for fun even if on leash
>most natural water is undrinkable polluted pissdrain
>fish taste like crap (what they actually feed on)
>migrants and probably raping shitting in ever bush

it's beyond sucking ass here
>>
>>772542
don't lump me in with the English you cunts, we have Snowdonia!
>>
>>777969
Based Hungary can't be that bad, right?
>>
>>778007
it is exactly that bad.
i'm sick of this country and the stupid ass retarded cunts that shit up the woods and cut down trees left and right out of some weird fetish.
>go stroll near normafa
>beautiful scenery a flowery field around a nice little path leads among the trees
>like in a video game really
>then reality hits you
>except it's full of garbage
>everywhere plastic wrappers bottles cigarettes and other trash

why people do this? why people that do this leave their home? certainly not to appreciate the woods right? i wish i had a gun to shoot them fuckers.
>>
>>778050
Beco.e the hero your cou try needs anon. Or ask Orban to build a fence around the woods too.
>>
File: szigetkoz7[1].jpg (545 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
szigetkoz7[1].jpg
545 KB, 1200x795
>>778055
Nah, other Hungarian here. Our country really sucks in terms of mountains and forests.

The real beauty kicks in if you get on boat, there are countless rivers to paddle or fish.
>>
>>778441
during my vacation in hungary my tent was cut open and looted like 7 times.

it's that shit.
>>
File: 1463859996976.png (371 KB, 2000x1529) Image search: [Google]
1463859996976.png
371 KB, 2000x1529
>>
>>778007
>>778055
Hungary used to be awesome country for hiking
but only in the border areas that are now in Ukraine, Slovakia, Romania, Serbia
>>
>>772542
Should be taken down a tier:
Finland
The Ukraine
Belarus
(penalty for not really having mountains)
I'd seriously consider dropping the rest of the Baltics a tier as well, but since I have never been /out/ there they have the benefit of the doubt, why are they yellow?
Not sure about Scotland either with the highest peak at 1,344 m...

Agree with your bumps up for Italy, Spain and France.

I would consider bumping Slovenia and Slovakia up one, maybe Poland as well.
>>
>>778456
probably gypsies but you never know.

despite what hungarians like to say about themselves how they welcome foreigners most of them actually hates them and pretty rude to them. the mo fits gypsies more tho.

>>778055
that fucker builds his stupid ass fences from our pocket not his own. there are fences around many woods don't stop people from stealing wood or leaving garbage behind. doesn't even slow them down. doesn't stop the wildlife either. stupid fucking fences just look horrid to look at.

>>778488
yeah all real wilderness is gone with the fucking ww2 aftermath. but soon enough romania will become a pretty chill country so i might move there and there are some real woods there and plenty people speak magyar.
>>
>>778570
>builds fences to stop rapefugees invading your country
>stupid fences
Anon pls
>>
>TFW you live in Sweden and heading innawoods in one and a half month up north
>>
File: Mcconnaughey reaction.png (435 KB, 795x1022) Image search: [Google]
Mcconnaughey reaction.png
435 KB, 795x1022
>>772402

>Croatia
>Shit
>>
>>778584
fences are symbolic at best
>>
>>774634
i'm sorry you had a bad experience here. you have to go to more isolate areas and avoid tourist traps. the appenine is incredible, much better than the alps or what with respect to wilderness.
>>
>>774723
you ever been north of kehä 3?
>>
File: 1280px-Cirque_Gavarnie_Pano.jpg (226 KB, 1280x612) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Cirque_Gavarnie_Pano.jpg
226 KB, 1280x612
>all these people who have never set foot in France
We have the best mountains, along with Switzerland imo. Slovenia and Montenegro have pretty based forests.
Is there anything else beside swamps and flatland in Finland and Poland?
>>
File: 1464610871338.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464610871338.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>772402
>>
File: 2016-05-29_16-24-36.jpg (948 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-29_16-24-36.jpg
948 KB, 1200x798
>>773387
>the trees aren't native
True for pine and other coniferous forests planted in the 19th century, but here we've been moving away from that in the last couple decades, going more native-focussed again
>lack of biodiversity
This is true though. There's an abandoned (since the 1940s) orchard near me (pic related), and if we exclude "microphytes" like mosses and shit, in the middle of it you can pretty much only find exactly 2 species: Acer platanoides (trees) and Hedera helix (groundcover), anything else doesn't stand a chance in the very dark undergrowth
>>
>>780746
I do think you're probably kinda underrated.
I'm from the left side Northern Upper Rhine and only ever set foot into Alsace, which pretty much looks exactly the same as here.
Places like Côte d'Azure don't really interest me because everything is apparently overpriced as fuck, if I want typical Mediterranean beach holiday I'd rather go to Croatia (Dalmartia) which is much cheaper and also a slightly shoter drive, plus from what I've heard places like Marseille nowadays are inhabited >75% by sandniggers, which I already see here year-round and don't want to get my holidays spoiled by even more of them

Can you recommend any good locations not too far away (i.e. North-Eastern quadrant of France) that at the same time look exotic enough for me to go to, while yet not overpriced (your Alps, like Chamonix, definitely are)?
(Alsace and Champagne look way too similar to home to warrant a 200+ km drive, so recommend me anything that doesn't look similar to pic related, muh home village)
>>
I'm new to /out/ and I'm thinking about a 3 day hike with tarp-tent or similar in switzerland. anyone got experience with switzerland and putting up a tent? there's a law for sure
>>
>>772402
>>772542
>>773482
>>774629
>>776308
>>778478
Honestly, have even /out/ed 1/4 of the countries you colored ???
>>
>>780768
Vosges, Ardèche, Auvergne, the coast of Britanny (off your limits).
>>
>>780815
>Vosges
Lel, drove there too a couple weeks ago while in Alsace, and going from the Rhine to there it too looks almost exactly the same as going from my place to Hunsrück, Eifel or Pfälzer Wald, it's pretty much the same transition we have here
Will check out the other places though, especially Bretagne is supposed to be some sort of "continental Ireland", it's a 1000km drive though, plus I hate rain which there's supposed to be plenty of there, but still probably worth checking out
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.