[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Vagabond General/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: rapebus2016.jpg (35 KB, 1259x708) Image search: [Google]
rapebus2016.jpg
35 KB, 1259x708
Damp moldy ass edition.

Vagabonds, Bums, Homeless, soon to be homeless or those thinking about it; ask questions and share tips itt.
>fellow DeadBeats
Do we need a pastebin with some basics? (Gear, etiquette, basic survival tips?)Websites with resources? If you have any good links, (allstays, hoboshoestring) let me know and I'll add them.

>those thinking about trying a variation of the life
Tell us a little about your situation and maybe where you're located, we'll try to give you some advice. The best advice is nothing though compared to experiencing it yourself, we all started somewhere and often it was diving in headfirst. If you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless and need guidance, perhaps we can direct you a little.

>people who are salty and feel the need to tell us
We're not here to discuss how to get out of the situations we're in or whether we should be in them at all.
/r9k/ is that way -->
>>
/I hate my parents/ general
>>
>>762967
if you only knew
>>
>>762968
I expected a vague response. Extremely typical of the emotionally under developed.
>>
>>762971
well theyre shitty tweakers so theres not much to say on that
>>
>>762972
:^) exactly
>>
>>762976
you can start early if you want anon go for it
>>
So how do you guys sleep? Do you /out/? Are you bums, addicts? How do you post on 4chan?
>>
>>762986
They bother families with young children by loitering at libraries or mcdonalds
>>
>>762967
I love my parents, but regardless I'm thousands of miles from home and have been hitchhiking and sleeping outside for about six months now.
>>
>>762986
I do a lot of stealth camping, I've got a sleeping bag, pad, and tarp and can set up and take down camp pretty quickly and efficiently now, so I just find somewhere with some trees or bushes for cover, wait until dark, set up and go to sleep.
I charge my phone outside of gas stations or at libraries normally.
I move around a lot too, I'm rarely in a town or city any longer than a week, but often only a few hours before hitchhiking somewhere new.
I have a lot of family and friends spread out over the country, so quite often I'll meet up with one of them and as a result get an occasional bed to sleep in, and shower and washing machine to use.
>>
>>762987
Shitpost somewhere else. Some of us actually want to know without being disrespectful classist dicks.
>>
>>762986
>>762994
And no I'm not a bum or addict, I work whenever I have the opportunity, and weed is the only substance I like to abuse.
>>
>>762995
To be homeless one must really understand the reality of it. I am not saying dont do it. Putting it crudely is completely acceptable. Like abortions. Dont ban them, but make sure to say "how would you like your baby scrambled today?". It is the truth and you will need to cope with it if you ever hope to survive.
>>
>>762986
i have a school bus with a bed now, as of a couple months ago. it's pretty comfy. i am /out/ most of the time. i spend absolutely as much time as possible innaforest, go into towns to busk for cash and travel in between forests. i started out hitching and riding freight, years went by and now i'm here. i do drugs but stick to alcohol/weed/psychedelics. i have a cell phone with data and now a laptop that i cant really use til i get some solar going in the fall.
>>
>>763015
you can make it whatever you want
>>
>>762994
So what youre saying is you stay close to populations? Camping on the fringes of towns and shit?

>>763036
Sounds like the dream. How much did you get the bus for? How did you save up enough to buy a vehicle? Do you make a lot of money busking? What do you play/perform? How the hell do you afford gas?
>>
>>763073
I make money by following politicsl election cycles. I choose the most liberal candidate and I beg for change about 1 mile away from their rallies. Bernie has been a huge money maker for me so far.
>>
>>763075
this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>763073
>bus
$500. it's a half size. i've put another 4 into it.
>save up
don't have expenses to speak of. even between insurance and my cell phone i don't pay over 200/mo. i get most everything i need for free.
>money busking, what do you play
yes, it can be very significant. i also play bars/small venues. i play folk punk/drunkpunk/thrashgrass/whatever you wanna call it. right now it's just me and my guitar. i'm looking for bandmates though.

>>763075
hah i did this during obamas campaign in colorado. my road dog ended up signing on to the campaign and got paid to run around for them.
>>
>>763084
>gas
i busk at truck stops and gas stations with a 5 gallon gas jug sitting next to me. call it gas jugging, though most travelers i meet will take the jug to the pumps and harass people when you tell them to gas jug. i mind my own business. people respond well to my music, i tend to get gas pretty quickly though it's not always like that.
>>
>>763075
I love it. Youre doing gods work anon.

>>763084
>>763090
Interesting. How did you find one for 500? Is it a piece of shit or what? So you play music just about anywhere theres people? How do you get gigs at bars? Are you just planning on recruiting other vagabonds into your band? I respect that you dont get in peoples faces at the pump. Thats happened to me a couple of times but only by local meth heads. Have you ever gotten stuck in a town with your vehicle? Whats your favorite part of the country for /out/?
>>
>>763099
i waited and searched far and wide for the best deal i could get. it's in great shape. more or less, i get gigs by just going in and asking if i can play. or if there's bands i offer to go on between sets for tips. it works every once in a while. usually i don't bother though and just play on the street. yes, there's tons of kids out there that play music. i just gotta find the right ones. you get further at gas stations if you mind your own business. i only really fuck with people if i'm downtown somewhere getting turnt pissing off yuppies. i've been stuck twice with my vehicles though i couldnt tell you how many times ive been stuck before i was rubber. one time was in davis california, for two weeks. the other was some tiny pennsylvania mountain town where i ended up being for almost a month because my car broke down and i stuck around to fix it. that one was a shitty, salty little town but at least there were plenty of abandoned buildings around.
>>
>>763073
Yeah for the most part I'm normally pretty close to society, I do enjoy homing deeper out into the woods and camping for a couple days at a time, but inevitably I need to head back to civilization when I'm out of food or water and need to charge my phone.
>>
File: wat.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Recently started traveling and I'm doing a bit of vlogging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVoAijFMao

Here's my most recent video if anyone wants to check out my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2x7rHb2w3U

When I got to joshua tree I recorded a video of all the shit I carry, so that'll be up soon.
>>
>>762964
What's the meaning of that pic?
>>
>>763615
you're silly
>>
>>763618
No jews allowed
>>
>>763618
the circle around the N forms the hobo code for a place to sleep. you could probably crash the night behind there. or some smartass graffiti'd it to be cool, those codes got popular and are ambiguous a lot of the time.
>>
>>763618
>>763678
This, there's a whole bunch of symbols that are used to designate safe, not safe, police presence, flophouse, etc....
>>
This seems easy enough for a single man but how would it play out with 2 men and 2 women? Is hitchhiking even possible with 4 people? Will we get caught by rape hoards?
>>
>>763877
If you're asking if groups of tweakers go on extended road trips until they're arrested for whatever felonies they happen to be commiting, then yes, it is common actually.
>>
In a hive house right now full of actorvist kids and shit talking grab assing homebum assholes pushing 40 pretending they're operating the coolest bike shop in the city and funding the revolution, you can tell their age from that fucking rap alone. Avoiding the real hard drug houses, the addicts in this city are vampires as far as I can tell so far.

Made friends with a tragically young carcrash waster who calls himself Kettle, gives you an idea of the degree of attachment he has to his DoC, we're kipped in the loft of the house because only we two and this manic mess of a burnout DA girl can access, she put fucking footholds in the wall with a domestic iron this morning, so now I'm anxious about my shit.

Found a dream spot in the zombie part of town a few days ago, threw up a sign and made a gas can ukulele and the feet love it, this town loves Over The Rainbow and Uptown Funk.

Got cautioned for public urination already and I'm pretty sure I'm in the green book and but the night patrol is lax as fuck and I'm faking mends with the rickshaw drivers, its a cool crowd all friends all live together, might see if I can get in on that crew and pull meat without a license since 2 guys I met already do it, I'm really worried about my shit and getting ready to graduate to semi-local.
>>
>>763880
Not tweakers just young retards who need to get away from home and get some real life experience.
>>763819
Is there a guide to these?
>>
>>763885
Well you'll soon be tweakers.
>>
>>763877
You'll be safer, but the odds of any given person stopping and picking up all 4 of you go way down
>>
>>763885

young retards don't need to become homeless drifters to get life experience you stupid piece of shit. why are these "vagabond" threads populated entirely by dumbasses?
>>
>>764026
>why are these "so you want to be a dumbass" threads populated entirely by dumbasses?
ftfy
>>
File: 1453663350544.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453663350544.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
Okay, here's the situation I'm facing. Maybe you all can shed some light on it for me, get some gears moving in my head about whether I'm being a meme or it's a good idea.

I just accepted a /out/ job in the PNW. I have to move from my current city to another one about 3 hours away for this job. The thing is, this new seasonal /out/ job will require me to be on the job for about two weeks at a time, then be off for a couple days, though sometimes more. Everything I need to survive is provided by work for those two weeks.

The town I'm moving too has some expensive rent costs, and considering I'd hardly ever be home, I don't want to waste my money renting a place. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to live out of my car (Ford Explorer), maybe stay at camp sites for the days I'm off work. I've never done something like that, and figured it could be a cool experience while I'm young and not tied down. And just for a 3 month period.

So my idea so far is that my time off of work will be like camping. I just need to come up with ways to charge my phone (solar panels?), stay clean and not appear to be "homeless" in any sense of the word, stay as secure as possible with not getting my shit stolen, ect. No busking or anything like that. I'll have money, hit the grocery store, and such.

The thought of not having a front door and a deadbolt is what's kinda freaky to me to think about right now. As well as having most of my possessions to survive in a car that could be stolen. But as I think about this plan more and more I think it's doable if I prepare and plan just right.

Thoughts? Questions? Advice? Thanks
>>
>>764496
I did this exact thing for firefighting last year(as I suspect you are also firefighting, maybe even in the same town as me). Yeah man, it is extremely worth it and you do not need anything nice. Might as well just camp the entire time. I spent the summer in a tent, was totally fine. A car sounds much better. Use a car charger to charge your shit just drive around when your car battery gets low to recharge it. You've got it easy with this honestly.
>>
>>764512
Yea I'll be firefighting.

And cool. I ran the idea by some friends and they think it's crazy. But it'll save me money. I don't know anyone in the area yet, and I think it'd be cheaper than renting a room off Craigslist.

I did a little research and campsites in the area are 20 to 30 bucks a night. With facilities. Free sites without facilities are a little farther out of town. As long as I could get cell coverage I'd be good.
>>
>>764496
If you're working and have money, just rent a storage locker. That way you won't worry about getting your shit stolen as much.
>>
>>764571
If you're in Eugene bro you'll be totally fine. Get a gym membership since you will tons of cash, also clean your shit at a laundry mat. You've got it made on easy street I promise. Also, try the weed.
>>
>>764577
That's a good idea. I won't really have much of value but the whole plan would fall to shit if my car or gear was stolen while I was working.

>>764580
I'll be in central WA.
>>
>>764591
Yeah you're fine man. Should be pretty comfy.
>>
>>763882
Try that again, but in English.
>>
Seems like all the angry teenage heroin addicts finally got trolled out of posting here
>>
>>763615
Hey dug! Love the stuff you post of /fa/, keep it up. It's really cool to see what you're doing and how you're living.
>>
File: 1451507969250.jpg (82 KB, 484x750) Image search: [Google]
1451507969250.jpg
82 KB, 484x750
Is vagabonding dangerous? If so, how the fug do you guys even manage dodging your eventual death?
pic unrelated
>>
>>766932
They do all eventually die or succumb to society and get their lives together.
>>
File: 20160513_131506.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160513_131506.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>766761

Thanks, man
>>
>>762964
Sup, /out/! I've been out if touch for a while because it's fucking hard as hell to find free WiFi that doesn't block the Chan, but I finally found one!

I started a shitty little travel blog on the pretense of hiking the PCT, but am stranded in San Diego, so its currently a homeless blog. Who wants to shit on my work? Any comments or sharing, or whatever the hell bloggers are supposed to ask people for would be appreciated, I just want to improve it.

I've been having problems uploading photos, but I'm still taking them so I'll add them later.

http://somerandomtravelblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-journey-begins.html
>>
im sick of the rain! anyone in the midwest??
>>
The name of this thread should be Homeless LARP general.
>>
>>767617
you realize OPs pic is on the bus he lives on
>>
>>767621
And how does he afford that?
>>
File: rsz_img_20160420_210332.jpg (57 KB, 491x899) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160420_210332.jpg
57 KB, 491x899
>>767632
I sell my ass to the rape gangs, obviously.
>>
File: 1462842582938.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462842582938.gif
2 MB, 500x281
So in 19 living in Texas and I fucking hate it here. There's a lot of bad memories here for me and I'm planning on leaving to portland because it only costs about 120$. I wanna leave when I have about 8-900usd. I've heard they treat homeless well down there but I don't wanna be homeless. I was wondering what I can do to get an address or some shit to start job searching.

Also what kind of shit should I bring with me? Knives, any backpack recommendations? If yall need more info let me know
>>
>>767644
Dont go to portland its gay. If you want the PNW you should go to washington. They have great aid programs
>>
>>767644
Calling Texas shit. Get the fuck out of the best state in the Union you whiny incompetent faggot.
>>
>>767657

Lol its just shitty to me because of other reasons, also fuck texas weather it's shit.
>>
>>767653

I chose portland because I wanted to clear my mind and explore some of the nature there. I just needa chill for a little before I get back on the grind
>>
>>767657
I went to jail in Tyler for a month, the jail/ guards sucked but all the inmates were pretty cool.
>>
>>767667
go to a smaller town
>>
anyone been through boca raton? whereabouts is a good place to lurk for a few days now and again?
>>
>>767639
>well fed
>owns a vehicle
>pays taxes
>buys gas
Your not just a homeless guy, Your a yup with income.
>>
>>767938
My bad. Ill starve myself and give away my bus. Next time im flying or jugging ill write dont worry i have income on my sign.
>>
>>767938
wtf you mean by this? every homeless must be a shit show? arrogant asfuck anon. also if you buy anything from a store youre paying taxes. every bum pays taxes. shitpost harder.
>>
>>762995
I don't. Fuck these kids, half of them will be returning to their wealthy parents within four years and then they'll be the dicks that drive around in Mercedes and collect rent money and vote Hillary. Enjoy shitting on them for the time being.

To the point: Have any of you considered not being unproductive shitty waste of space leeches that make everything around you quantitatively worse? Like even just one time?
>>
>>766932
You should start preparing about six months before you actually go out. Stretching exercises will prevent perforations and internal bleeding later.
>>
>>767353
Does Oklahoma count?
>>
God all these fucking oogles. I mean i'm reasonably green, but god damn these threads are pathetic.
>>
>>769740
man the green fuckin rolls off ya. couple real experienced dudes post in these threads. its fuckin 4chan what more do you expect from anon.
>>
>>769630
>perforations and internal bleeding
?
>>
>>769767
rape gangs
>>
>>769770
Are you being serious? Wouldn't the police do something?
>>
>>769782
Nhb all I'm saying is NEVER meet up with socks or nipples or follow their advice regarding their where to go for the newly homeless. There are thousands of young men that go missing every year in the us; most end up in the candy mountain auction house where supple manflesh fetches a pretty penny. There's a reason the PNW and SW CA are widely known as "Rape Gang Alley Central Headquarters Where The Rape Gangs Roam The Streets No Seriously Don't Go There You Will Be Literally Raped By An Actual Homosexual Gang I'm Not Making This Up", and it ain't because of the weather.
>>
Flying a sign later by the boondock alley cats lookin to jive up and down the dirty pink canoe scramblin and bramblin out the wazoo. Shame those cabbage patch gutter punks blew all that ice up the nose hallways killin em and drilled em down a mite that's how it's always been and always will be. Got a swig o jack to keep me company
>>
>>769782
Yeah, theyll join in
>>
>>769855
Actor, go play pretend at the park.
>>
>>769809
Nipples here. You joke but it's kind of funny how close you are to the truth.

The best way I could explain it is that generally the rape gangs don't have clearance to rape you unless you're an impossible shitbag, and they do a really good job trying to make you think being a shitbag is cool so they have a reason to rape you.

Except replace 'rape gangs' with 'the masons'

Don't stray too far from the golden path, friends
:)
>>
>>770239
How does skunk stank work at keeping the rapers away? Yay or nay?
>>
File: 1403339104_21.jpg (112 KB, 899x579) Image search: [Google]
1403339104_21.jpg
112 KB, 899x579
>>770326
Nothing could stop what's been set in motion, famalam

Although mayb meme magic can alter the course
>>
>>770418
Fuckin brutal
>>
Lol all you guys are gonna die of aids or hepatitis
>>
>>770662
Insightful
>>
>>762986
Sleeping bag inna woods, sometimes in stairwells or on rooftops. Homeless. Cheap ass prepaid smartphone, most homeless people have them nowadays.
>>
>>770730
Get android phone then get magic jack app. Ten bucks a year and you got a phone. Only works over wifi but for ten bucks its a phone.

Also get a blubird pre paid card if you have money, carrying around every dime you have in cash is a great way to get robbed.
>>
>>769620
I don't know about you but im tired of being a product-tive member of society.

I'm sick of the only value i have in this system being what my labor yields for someone else.
>>
>>770827
I pay 35 for VM a month
It's hard to scrap together but worth it for the unlimited data so I can look shit up when I really need it
>>
>>770860
>4 hours worth of yardwork in literally any yard in america

Holy fuck so hard to get together
>>
File: 1459836507140.png (513 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
1459836507140.png
513 KB, 599x593
>>763882
without trying to sound like a dick: do you actually talk like that? where in the world are you?
>>
>>770860
$35 a month could be better spent on clothes or food or maybe even a little drink.

Data is free just use free wifi at mcdoodles or walmart.
>>
>>770878
Hes addicted to internet because hes not a real hobo
>>
>>770860
Im not either yet but i might be before too long.

Ill probably be a wino when i get out there, you'll see me stumbling around back in the woods with a bottle of cheap popov somewhere.
>>
>>770885
>Ill probably be a wino when i get out there, you'll see me stumbling around back in the woods with a bottle of cheap popov somewhere.

it's important to have goals.
>>
>>770878
35 a month aint shit. 35 in a day aint shit. The money rolls, its there if you want it.
>>
>>770895
35 is hard if you're homeless shithead. The only work available is dodgy as fuck.
>>
>>762964
Did one of you recently pass through El Paso TX on your way to Arizona?
>>
>>770897
What now? Ive been homeless and traveling for 4 years and youre gonna tell me 35 is tough? You either dont know what youre talking about or youre doing it wrong.
>>
>>770898
...maaaaaybe
>>
>>770898
I think the real question here is did you sleep on the floor next to some parrots.
>>
>>769765
im not saying everyone in these threads suck, i didn't say that. Just said these threads suck and there are a lot of oogles.
>>
>>770956
they are good some times
>>
>>770894
No it's really not, Why do we need to work towards a goal? Did you know that we are tiny ants floating around in space on a tiny rock? We are irrelevant and so is our lives.

Manned space colonization is a scifi myth used to further the lie that we all need to keep working. If it happens it will be done by machines not us.

Furthermore this "goal" you speak of is bullshit. Working your life away to live in a box to pay for a box on wheels to get you to the box you work in then back home to your homebox rinse repeat.

Only an insane species would call that freedom.
>>
>>770906
From what i have seen and heard there are two kinds of homeless, Theres the kind on disability or some sort of income and then theres the kind with no guaranteed income.

To the latter $35 a month might as well be 35000 per month.
>>
>>771123
Man you dont get it. 35 bucks is jack shit to anyone, homeless employed or otherwise. Making money out here is not hard at all, and if youve paid enough attention to these threads to think you know what youre talking about you oughtta know that by now. I have no guaranteed income. I make all my money playing music, gas jugging, and flying a sign. I pay 170 a month between insurance and my phone bill, 170 a month is insignificant. I can make that much in just a few hours and so can anybody else. Even when i was just starting out i had bills in my pocket after just a few days. Someone seasoned who knows what theyre doing and has the ability to move around can make unlimited amounts of cash. Even sloppy home bum junkies get paid, i met a drunk bum in kansas city one time who had over 800 in his pocket from one day of flying a sign and he was torn up. Its easy as fuck anon.
>>
>>771184
I guess it depends on what are you are in. In my town people ignore the homeless.

And not everyone is musically inclined so that rules that out for alot of folks.
>>
>>771095
Or you simply are not intelligent enough to become wealthy with very little work. So I ask, if you are not smart enough for that, how could you be smart enough for the opposite? To be poor and happy with very little work? A genius is a genius and they have many different lives, but they are the only ones to succeed. You are not one of them. You are an average joe so your homelessness will be that of an average joe. Of course you would suffer if you worked, because you are average, however you will also suffer if you don't, because you are average. You have no exceptionalism and are running from it by doing nothing but you ignore the fact that you can be exceptional at doing nothing aswell. You cannot run from your lack of exceptionalism. It is every single part of you.

You are not good at anything so you rarely feel the reward of success and thusly you have gotten used to the idea of there not being a reward, but for us that regularly feel this reward it is a very real thing and you are simply bitter about it. You are probably even unaware of this, our lives, being built up by tiny successes. Each success pointing toward the next success. This is much less healthy when failure leads you to another failure. This is happiness, one must be clever enough to succeed in even the smallest things, even so small as running an extra mile that day. This implies you can create these successes for yourself, but that would require an exceptional awareness of oneself which you have proven the opposite. This is taking care of your brain just as you take care of your body with food and water.

tl;dr: Your lack of intelligence and confidence leads you to fail so much that you believe all other humans are as weak and shitty and dumb as you, and this forms your logical or rather illogical evolution.
>>
>>771191
If you want the money, it's there. That's all there is to it. Some don't care much, they only have a couple bucks a day and that's fine. You may see people ignoring your local homeless, that does not mean everyone ignores them. Music helps, but isn't needed at all to make money. I've been playing music less than half the time I've been homeless. The sky is the limit when there is nothing holding you back. Many bums you see are addicted, they may make just enough a day to get drunk, high, whatever. In big cities it's worse, but you can rest assured they are getting enough money to get their kicks, though big city homeless are a lot more prone to petty crime. I met a dude living in some bushes off the interstate once, according to him he had a little over a grand saved up from traveling. He had 70 a month in food stamps. This dude didn't beg, fly, nothin. He bought 6 211s a day and just chilled. That was almost a year ago. I bet you anything he is still there doing that right now and I will see him on my way north. Income or no income, people get what they need whether they have everything going for them or not.
>>
>>771194
Lol lots of assumptions being made on an anonymous board talking to someone you know nothing about.
>>
>>771204
I stated a very common profile of an inadequate human being. You can call them assumptions but the shoe will fit for almost everyone that reads this thread. You cannot change how often the shoe will fit for my statement by calling it an assumption.
>>
>>771215
Fuck sake you are arrogant. We will all just go back to being failures now because you said so.
>>
>>771217
Truth is painful ladies and gentlemen.
We've now spotted the first inadequate human, will he be the only one stupid enough to show himself? You don't have to post. Your attempted responses are very clear evidence.
>>
>>771221
The first? Nah m8, you beat me to it. That honor is all yours.
>>
>>771221
>hey anon ur dumb
>anything u say back 2 me just proves how dumb u r
how's second grade going there family
>>
Exhibit A
>>771204
Exhibit B
>>771217
Exhibit C
>>771222

Enjoy the show everybody. We have a double digit IQ that is very flustered with the main point of my original statement. An inability to cope with oneself and reality.
>>
>>771226
In this sense "dumb" is a technical observation rather than an insult. Of course the ad hominem you produced actually IS an insult.
>>
>>771232
>>
>>771232
Exhibit A here. I'm coping just fine, Why do you think me being homeless is the result of an inability to cope?
>>
>>771257
It stems simply from a lack of exceptionalism. It makes it automatically impossible from the very nature of it. You may have a solid grasp on exceptionalism. I don't know you. However I do know how absolutely often a homeless person is completely void of exceptionalism, as is the general population but to a much larger extent. It is up to you to understand if you qualify or not. The result of that realization is also up to you.
>>
>>771275
Euphoric
>>
>>771283
Shouldn't be euphoric. This is normal every day self responsibility.
>>
>>771275
Yes outsourcing does not exist, The economy is not about to enter another recession, Trump will save us and all that jazz.

How much does the bureau pay you guys in the psyop division anyway?
>>
>>771301
>creates a highly unlikely scenario so that he can rest easy about his sad life

:^)
>>
>>771321
>almost every major news outlet and financial website is talking about the likelyhood of the recession
>job growth from April was pathetic
>The economy is fine folks! move along nothing to see here!
>>
>>771324
Also keep in mind the recession from 2008 still has yet to end, Hence why they are still using the word "Recovery" to describe the current state of the economy...
>>
>>771321
>>771324
Was refering to the idea that I am in the FBI. 3/3 of those claims were accurate however the conclusion you make from that is very delusional.
>>
>>771328
You will see, I hope you have your surfboard and your wetsuit ready because the one coming in Q4 is gonna be the big kahuna.
>>
>>771331
Please learn to read.
>>
>>771359
I dont think its that wild of an assumption considering the obvious state of the economy anyone praising it is basically saying 2+2=rainbow.
>>
>>771366
I said 3 out of 3 of your claims was true. Your conclusion that I am an FBI agent is silly. Why you continue to speak about the state of the economy is also silly, I agreed with you that the economy is not good.
>>
>>771371
My point was that anyone that says things are good when they are bad is either naieve or a shill.

I am referring of course to your assumptions that anyone that is homeless could only be homeless because they lack skills or they didnt try hard enough, This is simply not the case. Thid system is discsrding people left and right with absolutely no safety net.
>>
>>771450
Incorrect. If you could read you would understand the basis of your actions.
>>
What the fuck.
>>
>>771450
Most homeless people in the US suffer from drug addiction or mental problems, or simply want to travel more than they want a static address.

It's not a simple economic issue.
>>
The main issue with homeless is their being complete shit. All of them have drug addictions. Even the nicer ones are sizing you up and would rob you and leave you dead in a ditch and then shitpost about the $30 they ended some "yuppie" life for. Because to them, a guy that can't afford a car and rides the bus to work at the pie factory so he can fold boxes for an eight hour shift is a fucking rich collaborator that broke the system. Literally deserving of death to their addled vagabond minds, which can only process acquiring scrap metal and vague communist fantasies.

A Mexican man got stabbed by a vagrant in the apartment complex begin mine for the trespass of throwing away his household trash while the vagrant was spearing cans out of it. He thought he was going to steal his cans. Disgraceful. Tearing a family apart, and those in these threads have justified such behavior. They don't deserve anything. Feel no remorse for these fucks.
Half of them are rich kids too, and will ride on gilded wings through rehab back into society at their parents' expense once they grow out of it.

If you live in California, Portland, or Washington you're a disgrace. All people in these shit states must be washed clean for the human race to progress.
>>
/out/ getting rid of its homeless problem

KEK
>>
>>771751
Yuppie bitches get stitches. I've raped and robbed you yuppie fucks over these glorious 50 states for close to ten years and you never even got a good look at me. If you have income on any regular basis you will be first against the wall when the revolution comes. All violence against nonvagrants, especially women, is justified. You can't stop me, I've killed seventeen and I'll kill again before my time is through. Remember this name: Matthew, like in the Bible.
>>
For me the true nature of homeless was revealed to me when one stole my air conditioner and killed my dog to do it. They caught him at the scrap yard because he had only punctured the line to release the coolant (they won't accept air conditioners with coolant) and so the printed id number was still on. He opened a door to my bedroom and took her out of her crate to kill my dog, but didn't even take a sticker off you could peel away by hand.

This is the nature of the vagrant. These are his crimes.
>>
>>771758
You sound like a bed wetter who's mommy ignored him
>>
>>771762
It was also merely a single room window unit, he probably would have received twenty dollars at most for the scrap. He killed my dog for no reason, in pursuit of less than twenty dollars.

This is a typical mentality universal to all vagrants.
>>
>>771758

Stuff that never happen. Fuck off fag.
>>
>>771751
>The main issue with homeless is their being complete shit.
kek
>>
>>771764
>>771768
Most of you would never last five minutes in the world I choose to call home. Do you know what it's like to live with a verbally abusive step dad from 17 to 19? Pray you never do, you over-privileged oogle fucks.
>>
>>771774
Cry wittle baby
>>
>>771774
>>771764
>>771768
And no I haven't killed anyone or raped any men, but my reply was meant to show how ridiculous his post was. Part of that dialogue is straight from Lonesome Dove you uncultured fucking swine. Spend a day in a library sometime instead of tweeting from your fucking yacht sometime. This thread isn't for you or you inane philosophy or standards, go back to your fucking threads where you jerk each other off for spending $10k to play make believe in the wood while meanwhile people ever all year all over the work in indigenous cultures do the same thing on less than a year what you make in a day, excel for them they call it life. Fuck you all.
>>
>>771779
Do you know what its live with a monster at home? I got fucking 1480/1600 on the SAT yet here I am because that sack of shit.
>>
>>771781
A child could make a better response than that. These are the people of these threads. Emotionally stunted. Severely.
>>
>>771786
False. You can't lie to me.
>>
>>771787
You could tell part of it was autocorrect because he was so mad he was shaking and couldn't type properly on his phone.
>>
>>771788
What part do you not believe? I still have my papers and can take a picture when I get back to my backpack.
>>
Jesus christ the samefag shitposting. You guys are fags.
>>
>>771791
Go for it. Remember, that score doesnt test morality or emotional development. ;)
>>
>>771793
Will it trigger you when you see what my score actually was? I understated it because people don't believe it when I say what it really is but you can see it when I post it later.

Will I make you fell like the shit that you are to know a homeless guy got a higher score than you?
>>
>>771797
Nope, because you didn't :^)

You would be able to form a paragraph better than an 8 year old. Perhaps this was 10 years ago and you drank and drugged your education away? It is common for total failures to hold onto the only thing they ever did well at, even if it was so long ago.
>>
>>771798
I'm not the guy you were arguing with a while ago about exceptionalism, if that's what you think.
I'll have the pic by tomorrow and then you can see.
Enjoy your mediocrity.
>>
>>771800
I didn't believe you were. You dont even know what mediocre is champ :^)
>>
>>771798
Also I don't drink or do drugs. Being sexually abused, especially outside of your orientation, really fucks you up.
>>
>>771803
You were molested by your stepfather too?
>>
>>771806
>>771802
Mods are fags. Everyone gets raped. I would say only 1% of people that get raped end up bitching and complaining about it. Like you.
>>
>>771835
So you're saying you were raped by another man at some point in your life?
>>
>>771846
Yep, when I was 11. Walked home. Wasn't life changing. I immediately moved on.
>>
>>771859
Haha what a faggot.
>>
>>771859
Did you give him a little kiss at the end ;^)
>>
>>771863
Ladies and Gentlemen, the homeless person claiming to be smarter than everyone here
>>
>>771865
No I beat him halfway to death in a Wendy's. Had not thought about him once until I walked into that fast food place. Jumped the counter and stomped him out and got the hell out of there. Was like 8 years after.
>>
>>771866
I'm not actually homeless, I was just pretending to be one because they weren't replying to my posts as fast as I would like. Kinda like you sweetheart.

Seriously though what kind of faggot gets raped by a man lmao. Don't try and say you were trolling, your colon knows the truth. You were probably intentionally pedo baiting so you could experience the homosex you craved without the accompanying guilt. What a fucking faggot.
>>
>>771868
Oh wow so you really were raped. LAFFO.
>>
what is going on in this thread
>>
>>771885
Just... Wait for the next one or something
>>
>>771885
It's frightening how accurately that images sums up 4chan and probably the whole internet despite being made in the early 90s.
>>
>>771891
Are all these threads like this?
>>
>>771894
Eh, more or less. For whatever reason this is /out/s favorite thread to shitpost in. Lurk a couple and itll be obvious who not to listen to.
>>
>>772155
>i'm on 4chan samefagging and shitting up a thread that i don't care about just to show how much of a sperglord i can be
>You guys think I'm upset :^)

fuck yourself
>>
>>772155
Bro I don't care if you're upset, the fact is that guy that raped you got the better of you. Wow bro you beat him up, meanwhile he probably raped five other kids and took your anal virginity and probably still masturbates to the memory of that. A little bitch punch from some fag like you won't matter to him you dumb cocksucker.

>>you would never be strong enough to have a strangers dick in your ass
>Are you even trying?

Maybe you could get a couple of strange guys to put their dick in your ass again. Maybe you could have a dozen strangers run a train on your faggot ass everyday, then you'd be like the strongest man in the world, lmao.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160522_183004.jpg (322 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160522_183004.jpg
322 KB, 1328x747
Hiding out from the rape gangs..
>>
I've been thinking about becoming a Vagabond. I have some of supplies and plan on hiking the Appalachian trail in a few days, but what i really want to do is go vagabonding. I've have 0 experience camping/being outdoors at all. ill take any advice you guys wanna give, should i try vagabonding or just stick to the trail?

Supplies I have:
>30L pack
>small first aid kit
>emergency water bag things from a bigger first aid kit
>emergency 4 days of food from same bigger first aid kit
>hiking hammock that i've never set-up before, but im gonna look stuff up tomorrow and practice then.
>Tarp to go over hammock for rain
>water bottle with filter
>water filter drops
>2 bottles of smartwater to use with the water filter drops
>4 shirts, 4 pants, 4 underwear, 4 pairs of socks
>couple hundred in cash
>my card? or should i not bring
>some food
>>
>>773622
>4 shirts, 4 pants, 4 underwear, 4 pairs of socks
Much too much clothing.
>>
>>773871
yeah? Also any recommended food?
>>
>>773871
Boxers don't weigh much, And carrying a fresh pair of backup draws aint a bad idea...

>>774033
Stuff that don't spoil or need refrigeration, Canned stuff adds weight pretty quick so maybe only a can of spam, jerky is good, potato chips, granola bars, ramen noodels are good but you will need a way to boil water to use them.
>>
>>774033
Eat out of the trash. Get a pack of boxers and socks, carry 1 spare shirt and pants.
>>
>>773622
>cash
maybe only 20 or 30 bucks. put the rest on a prepaid debit card.
>>
>>774164
Cash is fine
>>
do you guys carry any id?
>>
>>774212
DL
>>
shit
>>
>>774174
>someone steals your cash from you
>you're shit outta luck
>someone steals your debit card
>you hobble over to the bank and get a new one printed and get your money back

Cash is finnnee :^)
>>
>>775625
And you could just give the thief a fake pin number so it's just a useless piece of plastic.

Also call and report it stolen asap so when he tries to use it and it comes up stolen the store will call the cops on his ass.
>>
File: gorka.png (64 KB, 150x201) Image search: [Google]
gorka.png
64 KB, 150x201
i want to vagabond but how do i not get raped i am a very femionine man
>>
>>775654
Hide beetles in your asshole, once they feel the first pinch they'll dismount you and flee. Works for me.
>>
>>775625
>getting robbed

Its like you never leave your home
>>
Boulder tonight
>>
File: costanza_drake.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
costanza_drake.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>763615

You had to write him a pretty poem to keep him from robbing you? How about fuck that.

With shitbags like that roaming the streets i can see why the police give the homeless such a tough time.
>>
>>764496

Install a kill switch just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbC6T6sfZM
>>
>>774174

Some cash is fine, but it would be foolish to travel with a lot. Debit cards are safer.
>>
>>775654
Sell yourself to the rape gangs for $ then at least you won't have to worry about money.
>>
>>775931
Once again its like you never leave your home
>>
I live in South Florida. Thinking of packing my bag and leaving home. Have a dog with me.

I have a phone, tent, tarp, sleeping bag, small alcohol stove, and not much money.
>>
>>777704
You won't need the tent or the bag its just useless dead weight. You could make a tent with the tarp or sleep on it etc.

Go north to georgia but I would avoid ATL.
>>
>>777704
Avoid nigger areas in general
>>
>>777807
My sister lives in TN so I wanna go up there anyway.

My tent is only 3 lb and I think I'd feel too exposed to sleep without it. I dunno. I'll ditch the bag though.
>>
>>777837
I live in Central NC, There's basically nothing going on here, All the jobs are at the coast.

TN probably has more opportunities than here I'd imagine since they have Knoxville and Nashville etc.
>>
>>777704
Read this, this guy wandered around the backroads of USA
http://binaryelysium.com/prose/sawyer.html
>In my pack I carried a mosquito net, a pair of linen pants, a bathing suit, a blanket, two ponchos, a fleece jacket and hat, a long-sleeved shirt, two t-shirts, a pair of socks, some matches, and a bit of flour and salt. I wore a pair of sandals. With these items I could fit in anywhere, or at least not stick out as an oddity. I carried no atm card, no credit card, and no tent
>>
File: 1441940115632.gif (109 KB, 229x199) Image search: [Google]
1441940115632.gif
109 KB, 229x199
>>777932
>I wore sandals
>>
I once kept a hobo captive in my house for two days
>>
>>777837
Keep your sleeping bag stupid

>>777932
No one needs that faggots shitty advice
>>
>>777704
>hello I've waited until the hottest part of the year to go vaga
>btw I live in south florida where it's hot and humid as shit
>also metric tons of mosquitos in the air carrying the zika virus and whatnot

Nigga why do you hate yourself this much if you want to be homeless you need to go north

>>777837
>>777807
dont listen to these idiots you're gonna need the tent if anything ditch the sleeping bag if you ever use it you'll probably die from heat stroke since its never below 80 here now anyway
>>
>>778715
I'm pretty used to the heat, I was born and raised here. I didn't think about the mosquitoes though.
>>
In my formulating a backup plan, I'm gathering supplies for essentially a bugout pack.
My only arbitrary restriction is that if I manage to get a flight, the pack needs to fit for carry on.
What kind of bag should I get? Looking for long term durability
From what I can find, ignoring price for now, is:
>Deuter Transit 50
>Patagonia MLC
>Kelty Flyway
>The REI Vagabond Tour 40
>Osprey Porter/Farpoint
>>
>>779344
Its called DEET you fag.
>>
Okay, Thats it, now a vagabond. Second night outside and damn, what a shitty weather we have here.
We'll see how learning the basics gonna end up for me.
Stay safe everyone.
>>
File: 1462053518545.jpg (43 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
1462053518545.jpg
43 KB, 473x355
>>780796
No tripfags allowed reeee
>>
>>780796
Are you the guy heading to TN?

It will probably be nicer once you get out of FL, But there is some flooding going on down south so might want to try and avoid some of that if you can.
>>
>>780861
Nope, I'm frenchfag. Currently near Paris. Weather is still shit, the Seine is actually overflowing.
Is everyone here american ?
>>
>>782531
For the most part. That's fucking hilarious, I just caught a ride with this bourgeois lady who just returned from investing in Panama and dental work in Mexico. She said there's no homeless in France, that they have socialized medicine rated number one, that Taiwan was similar and lacked poverty, and that she was planning to invest in electric car power stations.

Any response to no homeless in France, no poverty there and number one medicine?

Nipples here by the way, just made it out of California again. I was hanging in the bay for the last month.
>>
>>782548
Well we got a very good healthcare, and homeless are taken care of for free in case of emergency. But we have a lot of homeless, and even more since shengen and the emigration crisis of ME.I don't even want to dwell on people with poor housing condition.
We were no1 for healthcare, but I wonder if it's still the case.
Poverty is exploding since 2008.

Hope you got some sunshine, except for a few hours today, it's raining non stop since sunday.

Anyway back to the street now. Good luck and take care everyone.
>>
since this is a Vagabond thread can upstanding citizens post on how to get rid of them? There were like 4 hobo's living out over a fence along the freeway near my work and they had to haul like 3 dumpsters worth of garbage out of there. when the highway workers and police came in and busted them up and out. They live the same as a rat or hermit crab or something, they just took over the space simply because it was technically livable.

Anyone know of ways to keep Vagabonds away from my city? Anyone have experience torching them or trying to freeze them during the winter or similar? I want my community to be nice and clean and hobo-free.

Anyone want to start a darknet group with layers of insulation to coordinate hobo attacks? Should I just buy an old car and run them over or torch them like they do to stray dogs in some countries?
>>
Probably going to start staying in my tent in Utah when my lease is up the end of August. Anyone doing this in Mormonland?
>>
>>782667
Utah a shit
>>
>>782672
Don't have much of a choice of locale at the moment, have a job I want to keep while absolutely minimizing expenses.
>>
Would the huge medians in interstate systems be good place to setup hobo retreats?
>>
>>782678
Where at then?
>>
>>782692
No. DOT.
>>
>>782629
Basically the best way I've found to get rid of hobos is to slash their tents and their tarps and their bike tires while they're out begging for hard working peoples money. Only had one hobo camp out of probably 20 come back and that was a week later but I could tell it was them, I tossed their bikes and their tents and anything else into the river that time, was about 8 months ago and still no signs of a return. I like to think I'm making my town nice again. I have kids, you know?
>>
>>782796
Sounds like more of a bum problem then a hobo problem m80. Hobos don't stay in one spot for very long.
>>
>>782813
If that were true then nobody would bitch about them. Honestly, they would be 10 times less annoying if they just cleaned up after themselves. Goddamn tweaked out bastards.
>>
>>782816
You dont even know enough about your situation to call things by their right name. As if you werent trolling, you touch my stuff im beating the brakes off you and leaving town, and im a pretty moderate guy. You dumb fucks need to learn a thing or two about being alive, because youre doing it wrong.
>>
>>782837
>says some obscure garbage about how to be alive
>also assumes he can beat my ass
>junked out, exhausted and malnurished

Hey, at least you'll have 3 hots and a cot in jail when they arrest you for getting your own ass kicked and later he cops help me further destroy your illegal habitat.
>>
>>782871
So pro troll oh wow
>>
>>782887
>stating facts
>thinks im trolling
>just more evidence of the deluded sad minds of the common bum
>>
>>783004
Kek you truly believe those are facts youre retarded.
>>
>>783010
Statistically you will be part of most of those facts. If you think otherwise that is your own denial, and will only increase your downward spiral.
>>
I've been sleeping on a friends aunts property for three months since my fathe died and now that I'm about to graduate high school I'm straight up gonna be homeless is hit hiking to San fransisco to eer up with street kids and then head east with their knowledge of travel a good idea? Thank you for any advice
>>
>>783078
Statistically? Kek and you think youre not in denial? My life shits all over yours whether youre a troll or not and ill keep on lovin every minute faggot
>>
>>783102
No. Where are you?
>>
>>783107
Mendocino county
>>
>>783109
Hitch north. Stay on the interstate. Dont go into cities. Go to Washington. The east is bullshit. You can do everything you need in WA, whether you wanna be a bum or get a job and shit. What do you wanna do with your life?
>>
>>783112
I'll prob get computer sci or teaching degree someday, but I wanna travel bit have got no money so I'm gunna bum it for a minute I've got family in penn. and I want to make my way there. I think train hopping is y best bet and I wouldn't do that without companions with expirience, what's wrong with San Fran?
>>
>>783122
Also I've been reading jack Kerouac and london lol
>>
>>783122
Cities are shit. Youll get stuck, and if youre green as fuck youre gonna have a problem getting someone trustworthy to show you the ropes. Hitch hike to i90 in washington. Go east on 90 to i80. Take that all the way to penn. Pennsylvania is fucking beatiful and ive had wonderful luck there all three times ive been. If you *have* to ride freight, just do it alone. Watch some youtube vids, you can find all you need to know from them.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 600x903
>>783126
Thanks senpai
>>
File: rsz_0531161008b_hdr.jpg (226 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0531161008b_hdr.jpg
226 KB, 747x1328
>>783129
>>
Still reading the thread, and I must say, though I'm still new to this life, things seems different here than here.
Is it really that violent in the US ?

Not saying evevrything pink here, but unless you want shit it's kind of easy to stay out of trouble, especially if you move constantly. Or is it just the trolling that give me that impression ?
>>
>>783104
Yes statistically. These are things you cannot avoid no matter how hard you try. You will always display a certain amount of traits that you cannot avoid. Everybody has a very specific pattern. It is fine that you are ignorant to this, it makes these traits far more noticable.
>>
>>764580
>. Also, try the weed.
Don't listen to this guy. Weed is not as harmless as fucking retarded hippies say it out to be.
>>
>>783228
Truth I'm the guy that posted that and I've spent my last 50 bucks on weed and smoked all of it in a single day. Get me off this ride.
>>
>>783214
No.

>>783217
Why the fuck are you even still posting? Your pseudo intellectual bullshit isnt fooling anyone but you. You dont know shit about shit and your continued posting makes it far more noticable.
>>
>>783228
>pot killed my parents
>>
>>783268
Human behavior is more predictable than you think. Just look at how flustered you are. If there are 10 traits, each trait with a 50% chance of effecting a person you WILL have 5 of those traits. Each trait leading to a very obvious self-fulfilling prophecy. This is non-debatable. You. Are. In. Denial.

You are not a statistical outlier and in fact it is EXTREMELY common for junkies, homeless, criminals, poorly educated and typical degenerates to believe they are. This is a trait you have.
>>
>>783274
Yeah, nah, youre just a cunt.
>hes calling me a faggot and saying fuck, he must be flustered
>hes homeless he must be a little bit like every other homeless even though i dont know a thing about homeless people
The only trait im displaying here is go fuck yourself you braindead faggot.
>>
>>783277
You only cheat yourself :^)
>>
>>783283
Story of your life
>>
File: 1463936875515.png (34 KB, 732x606) Image search: [Google]
1463936875515.png
34 KB, 732x606
>>783286

>
>>
>>771751

Portland isn't a state.
>>
>>783274
Wow holy shit anon, sperg out much? I hate homeless people with a passion but faggots like you are worse.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.