[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Vagabond General/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: beatnik.png (243 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
beatnik.png
243 KB, 500x500
Beatnik Instruction Kit Edition

Vagabonds, Bums, Homeless, soon to be homeless or those thinking about it; ask questions and share tips itt.

We're not here to discuss how to get out of the situations we're in or whether we should be in them at all, though if you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless and need guidance, perhaps we can direct you a little.

>The Established Vagabonds
What should we include in the future OP to help direct flow of the thread? Do we need a pastebin with some basics? (Gear, etiquette, basic survival tips?)

>those thinking about trying a variation of the life
Tell us a little about your situation and maybe where you're located, we'll try to give you some advice. The best advice is nothing though compared to experiencing it yourself, we all started somewhere and often it was diving in headfirst.

>people who are salty and feel the need to tell us
/r9k/ is that way -->
>>
We should get a list of /vagabond/ approved memegear.
>>
>>742400
>Established Vagabonds
Do you guys have a president or something?
>>
File: 14610134837900.jpg (178 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
14610134837900.jpg
178 KB, 1024x576
>>742457
He's talking about the Daughter I have on the way

He's a very dedicated troll who's been following since the beginning thread, doing an amazing job

Alternating between pretending to be a homeless crusty who hates on anyone interested in the lifestyle or even other real homeless for not being crusty enough, and a completely unabashed asshat who hates on us as though he were a rich and content business owner. Then, when we're baited into responding, he dips back and claims we all have anger issues and get trolled too easily.

It's literally the same faggot since the first thread, maybe even that tripfag who thought he'd use the threads as an opportunity to talk shit and seem cool after mucking it all up.

Christ, I wonder if he's going to follow the threads forever. Maybe mad that homeless people get laid and he doesn't ?

>>742462
>>742442

>>742476
>Thread is well over bump limit
>some generals make a new thread before the bump limit
Summer started early?
>>
File: 14610141117630.jpg (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14610141117630.jpg
164 KB, 1024x768
>>742481
The spirit of Jerry Garcia acts as our messiah and guide

>>742483
>the cleanup that just happened itt

Top lel

Salty fag BTFO
>>
i wanna hop trains, not a bum, not a wannabebum, just dont have a car or a lot of money and think it'd be a blast to train hop and camp a few weeks with some friends.

do vagabonds hate middleclass bum-tourists?
>>
>>742497
We would kill you for your socks
>>
>>742502
works out well, i don't wear socks
>>
>>742497
Hate is personal, dont tell a bunch of aggro train kids and youll be fine
>>
JUUUUSTIIICE
>>
>>742505
Well then, welcome aboard friend!
>>
>>742497

Probably shouldn't go straight into trainhopping, hitchhiking would be best until you get more familiar with it. Train hoppers are usually pretty laid back about newbies and greens as long as you're not an asshat and can pull your own. What they really hate is crusty greens who pretend to be much more experienced riders than they are. If you've never been an addict though, appear to be a target, or you give off the impression that you have another life you will go back to, you might get taken advantage of. Train hoppers are the least forgiving about people who aren't hardcore "real" vagabonds on the rails.

Just know that a crusty loudmouthed asshat who brags about how hardcore he is has just as much of a chance to get beat up and robbed as a fresh guy out trainhopping for the summer pretending to be dependent on the lifestyle.
>>
>>742400
I don't have a car (working on it) and will probably need to go out of my parent's house by sometime mid summer or early fall. I don't want to be homeless for long and want tto get a job as soon as possible, where are good states and what are hotbed regions for jobs? How does one get a job without a home or even a car? Preferably want somewhere southern, tired of fucking yank gun laws and cuckholdry but I know beggers can't be choosers.
>>
>>742517
Where do people even ride a train at anyway? All the trains where I'm from don't look like that have any rideable cars
>>
>>742521
>where do people ride a train
On the traintracks
>>
>>742521
Youtube for some quick tutorials. There are a few different ridable cars. Standard boxcars, grainers, and empty frames called suicides are the ones youd look for in the yard.
>>
File: 14610161203020.jpg (220 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14610161203020.jpg
220 KB, 1024x768
>>742519
Nevada would suit you well. Fernley, a town outside Reno, has a ton of warehouse positions and the fastest growing economy in the State, which has one the fastest growing economies in the country. Amazon, Elon Musk, a lot of other big names there. You'll want a car before you leave if you want to get back into the race quickly. Believe me, focus everything you can on having a running vehicle before you leave your parents.

Once you reach wherever, there's a lot of services for people who don't want to be homeless and can jump through the hoops. Look into the local services and talk to the people running things about getting a case manager or on track to getting into housing/work.

It can get chilly there though, make sure you're prepared.

>>742521
Pacific Union has the easiest and most traveled trains on the rails besides the rail system in the Southeast, along with the Canadian Rails. It's still done in the Midwest and the northeast, but often it's just passing through instead of the consistent use the PNW and the SE parts see.

>snowed on in Indian Springs, outside Vegas
>>
Does anyone have a list of gear discount coupons so I can get my hipster homeless bag going?
>>
>>742538
Jokes aside, craigslist is a good place to search for gear. Sometimes swapmeets or thrift stores, garage sales. I've heard REI sales are decent, but you need a membership. Military surplus stores always have pickle bags, which can hold you over in a pinch if you need a backpack.

Also sometimes tweakers/homebums have great deals on lightly used goods, but obviously use much discretion.
>>
>>742502
wait socks requires human sacrifice now?
>>
>>742762
>your socks
>kill you for YOUR socks

Get with the times anon his name is nipples
>>
>>742774
which are more important to vags, sox or nips?
>>
Hey /out/, I'm heading to new orleans today for the first time, I've heard a lot of stories about how dangerous it can be there, especially for a houseless traveler like myself. How true are these stories, and how careful do I really need to be?
Do any of you have any advice about living on the streets in Nola?
I have a bit of cash for a hostel if I feel the need, but I've had a lot of success sleeping outdoors in other cities, and I wanna know if that's viable in new orleans
>>
>>742784
Def sox
>>
>>742784
Theres no crying in baseball
>>
>>742786
You're going to get voodoo'd
>>
Should I get a fixed blade or folding knife?
>>
>>743070
Folding knife immediately accessible, fixed blade in the bag. Keeps cops off your back in non-hitching states/counties, while still keeping you safe if you have to defend yourself.

I try to always have a folding knife on me. A fixed blade is handy too though
>>
>>743070
It's always good to have a folding knife with you. I use mine from taking broken copper wires (goddamit I hate those) out of a breadboard in a lab to cutting ropes and shit.
>>
>>742530
>grainers
That is pretty much what is around here. That and oil cars. How do train hoppers even get in them? most of them are locked up and I would assume time is of the essence when train hopping I don't know though as I have never done it and probably won't I am just curious about how it is done. Also there is these cars that hold automobiles. Like on a ramp system. Do train hoppers ever just get in a car that is on the car and ride?
>>
>>743152
theres a little hole you climb through to get inside the grainers. You stay in there til the train gets out of the yard, that way the bull wont see you.
>>
>>743152
Heres information on all possible cars. Shoestring is awesome.
https://hoboshoestring.wordpress.com/
>>
>>743207
>>743253
Thanks
>>
Anyone here ever catch out near Leominster, MA or Gardner MA? Any stories or tips? What's the best place to catch out in MA to head west?
>>
>>743078
>>743114
Any recommendations?
>>
>>743350
Something that doesn't break. These knife fags are knife collectors, just buy a good trusty knife. I have a tramontina my dad gave me, it's somewhat dull. It looks stupid but it is actually good. Takes a beating. Just look arround.
>>
>>743320
No problem. Can i have like 5 dollars?
>>
File: rsz_img_20160419_131312.jpg (196 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160419_131312.jpg
196 KB, 1328x747
>>743350
Depends on what you can get yer hands on. Do you have a budget?
>>
File: rsz_img_20160419_131128.jpg (167 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160419_131128.jpg
167 KB, 1328x747
>>743354
Something that doesnt break? Knife collectors? I have 4 knives. Three of them will outlive me, im not sure about one of them. Its a spyderco that i traded some dude a bigass quartz crystal for.
>>
>>743358
Yo lemme get 2 of em if he kicks
>>
>>743363
>>743361
Black blades are for edgy fedora master knife hoarders.
>>
>>743365
Sure can you pass me a cig?
>>
>>743403
Aint got any tailormades but you can roll a couple out the pouch
>>
File: rsz_img_20160419_131548.jpg (169 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160419_131548.jpg
169 KB, 1328x747
>>743402
5 star post senpai
>>
>>743361
Anything under $50 would be nice
>>
>>743449
Id look at a buck 110 for a folder, reliable, no extra parts to fuck up, easy to maintain. You could also check out ontario, condor, and schrade. they have good budget /out/ knives, but dont go with a schrade folder they arent up to snuff
>>
File: rsz_img_20160419_131235.jpg (134 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160419_131235.jpg
134 KB, 1328x747
>>743458
Spyderco makes a 30 dollar pocket knife that people love, if you arent worried about the blade steel at all you could look at sanrenmu, gonzo and enlan for a pocket knife.
>>
File: 2014_knife_back_web.jpg (175 KB, 710x800) Image search: [Google]
2014_knife_back_web.jpg
175 KB, 710x800
Best knife coming through
Enzo trapper
>>
>>743462
Not that anon, but what's with those giant eyes or whatever on spyderco knives?
>>
>>743597
Idk just their little opening gimmick. Its shit vs thumb studs imo.
>>
>>743363
Obviously the knife will outlast you if you never you it, silly.
>>
>>743626
This is a stupid ass meme. Youre gonna tell a homeless dude who spends at least 60% of his time innawoods that he doesnt use his knives. I expect shit like this in the knife generals, go back to your containment thread, im in mine.
>>
>>743630
>homeless
>carries around 4 knives
>only spends 60% being 'homeless'
I love hipsters that pretend to be crusty, it's cute.
>>
>>742497
Vagabonds hate everybody and literally act like animals.

I got asked by a crustpunk looking vagabond if I could spare a cig, and in the time it took me to reach into my bag to give him a couple he had pulled a knife on me (I know that nobody wins a knife fight, so people that advise going for it so I could bleed to death even if I won can fuck right off) and took 2 and a half packs, $24, my shitty windows phone the cheapest cell phone service in my area gave me for free when they stopped supporting the old phones (which I then had to replace), my (overdrawn) debit card and a bunch of other stuff in my backpack that the faggot will get no value from but which is irreplaceable for me.

>Inb4 VIDF he's really a tweaker or #notallvagabonds

The faggots on here are exactly the type to piously lecture you on here, then leave you bleeding to death in an alley for $20, and justify it because you work for $14 an hour and pay rent so you're "part of the problem" and therefore not really fucking human, and they need it more than you anyway since (the ones on here anyway) are doing it entirely by choice. Maybe they even believe their own bullshit, which only makes them more fucking dangerous to anyone sane.
>>
>>743650
'Merica, sure you can have my cigarettes. I'm reaching slowly in my bag
BAM!

problem solved, crusty fucker dedded.
>>
>>743647
>projecting this hard
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>743650
>trolling in the most trolled thread on /out/
>expecting butthurt
>>
>>743653
He was already close to me so unless I go out at the ready expecting to shoot a guy whenever someone asks me for cigs he coulda stabbed me twice before I shot him. Plus I don't have a gun since I don't have the spare cash for anything that isn't a literal ghetto tier Jimenez or similar. Getting mugged didn't help the cash situation.

>>743655
I'm not expecting butthurt, I'm telling that anon the truth and warning him not to believe your lies and end up dead.

Meanwhile ITT
>Sure just follow the advice of a vagrant you just met on which train is safe when he'd just as soon either send you on one that will either tunnel you to death or get the bull on you before you're even out of the yard, or better yet get you on the same train as him and his buddies so they can beat you for your shoes if you're lucky, take your brown cherry if you aren't, all for a laugh.
>>
>>743666
Kek so whatever bullshit you make up is the truth? Ego isnt flattering on you anon.
>666
Oh satan you cheeky fucker. Checked.
>>
>>743650
aww, some oogle beta got his fee fee hurts by a meanie

maybe you can cry yourself to sleep from your mansion later tonight
>>
File: tumblr_lc4y6sHjBx1qejfyko1_400.jpg (72 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lc4y6sHjBx1qejfyko1_400.jpg
72 KB, 400x533
>>743650
W.O.W

Okay, so, lifestyle choice or not, it doesn't mitigate the fact that you literally have 100000x more resources than the richest vagabond out there and so, yes, we are literally //justified// in taking whatever we need from you, whenever we need it.
>>
>>743726
Didnt you guys learn when all your shit troll posts got deleted when the thread started?
>>
File: 03_polaroidkidd_89893.jpg (88 KB, 678x437) Image search: [Google]
03_polaroidkidd_89893.jpg
88 KB, 678x437
>>743730
>this fucking housie oogle road dog tweaker
>>
>>743742
Jesus man go find something to do you arent even trying any more
>>
Temporarily homeless guy from the other thread here, if anyone is wondering I did make it through the weekend, ended up staying at a friends house. One of the worst things I encountered though is since he didn't have a garage I had to leave my car in his driveway, I could barely sleep constantly thinking someone was going to vandalize it. How do you guys protect your valuables?
>>
>>743745
Bigfoot is my dad, he protects all my shiny diamonds for me.
>>
File: hobo-2883234.jpg (635 KB, 954x1300) Image search: [Google]
hobo-2883234.jpg
635 KB, 954x1300
>>743743
>mfw housies try to crusty in our tweaker dog meanwhile they don't know I'm oogling their trainsies
>>
>>743750
>try to crusty in our tweaker dog
l-lewd
>>
>>743726
Are you guys serious?
>>
>>743730
>hates cops but loves mods
I'll remember this the next time I call in a guy flying a flag as getting in front of cars to block traffic and beating on people's windows
>>
>>743666
Satan trips of truth, burn the homeless
>>
>>742490
>The spirit of Jerry Garcia acts as our messiah and guide
Fitting since that dumb fuck died because of alt medicine and was doing his best homeless impression to barely talk or get his dick up when his hippie candy finally took his sad existence.

Also all the Garcia songs fucking suck and the dead haven't been good since pigpen kicked it.
>>
I am soon to be homeless but have some room left on a credit card ($200) to spend on supplies before the 4th. What should I buy/is most important/can't be scavenged?
>>
>>743790
>$200
If you're serious about being homeless expect to spend at least $600
>>
>>743792
Okay but even so list in order of importance what you would buy with that $600?
>>
Where do you bums sleep?
>>
>>743796
And what do you do when you get old?
>>
>>743795
idk anon you can cut corners places but at least spend money on your bag, you need something with enough volume and durable enough to hold up, most importantly it needs to look nice and expensive so that other vagabonds will respect you.
>>
File: the-original-hipster_1.jpg (227 KB, 950x720) Image search: [Google]
the-original-hipster_1.jpg
227 KB, 950x720
>>743798
Get paid to model by trendy fashion magazines.
>>
>>743800
Anyone serious around here please?
>>
>>743792
Thread is full of trolls anon dont listen to just anyone. You need to buy a backpack, a sleeping bag, and a tarp. You can get a little tent if you want the comfort. By winter you will need to aquire a liner for your sleeping bag and some sort of sleeping pad, i use a ridgerest. Id go milsurp for the pack, you can get an alice or something similar for 50 bucks that will do fine. Id get a 40 degree bag, that way it wont be horribly warm for the summer but itll get you through the fall months when they come before it gets really cold. Any tarp is fine, but you should get a brown or green one to help not be an eyesore when youre camping. These things all together should run you right around 115 dollars and thatll give you some space to get some wants instead of spending it all on needs.
>>
File: 14611266316321.jpg (450 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14611266316321.jpg
450 KB, 1024x768
>>743796
Doorways, fields, inna woods, porches, inna bushes, inna tall grass, under bridges, in squats/houses for sale. When I didn't have my dog, I climbed up to a lot of spots and slept on the roof. I once climbed up in a tree and strung my hammock across two branches pretty far up to make a sweet spot.

>>743790
This anon here has you covered pretty well
>>743825
Though I suggest trying to get decent gear with your dollaroos while you have them. Look at my post here for places to get gear.
>>742590
>>
>>743852
But why do you do this? Is it something you wish to do your whole life, for the adventure?
>>
>>743825
Good advice but you can get/make most of that for free why the fuck you need to spend over a hundred fucking dollars for.
>>
File: mg2093800x600.jpg (280 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mg2093800x600.jpg
280 KB, 800x600
>>743449
Buy used. Old hickory are cheap as shit. Look like kitchen knives but very good.
They're like $10 brand new and $1 used.

Basically anything carbon steel is good.
You'll know they are carbon steel because the blade turns dark grey or black with use.

Make a sheath from cardboard and tape. It works well enough to prevent you from stabbing yourself.

Spend $2 on file and rasp set so you can sharpen the knife with. You'll need the rasp for other shit later on.
>>
>>744067
>Make your own durable backpack from spare canvas and ductape capable of lasting longer than a few weeks
>Make your own sleeping bag by stitching a zipper to a blanket
>use a big plastic advertisement as a tarp

Your new name is ´make it yourself mark' and I expect a prototype of your designs on my doorway threshold by noon.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4013x2866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4013x2866
>>743726
I want to fight you so badly
>>
>>744080
Lol
>>
>>744080
Ima call him m&m or m^2
>>
>>744076
You can find a cheap leather sheath that will fit those at an antique mall, just probably have to oil it since it could be old
>>
File: 1457024892794.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457024892794.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>744045
>why
That's a pretty long answer and regardless of how I explain it people are going psychoanalyze it and look for reasons to discredit my philosophies. Also it would definitely be "tl;dr, who cares fag" territory.

But to be as brief as possible, I do it because it's what I feel I'm supposed to.

Most of my philosophies and politics don't match up with liberal capitalism, and an even larger amount don't line up with reagenomics or conservatism. However, I love America and The States and what we represent; the spirit of freedom.

I don't want one analogous regulated world or complete anarchist chaos. I want America to be "America: shining collection of states who disagree on dumb shit but are still working together for America"

instead of

"America: Shitty Oligarcy attempting to help and spread its influence worldwide, fighting amongst themselves and even though they can't convince their neighbor to agree or agree to disagree they feel the need to go global and find more idiots with their ideas to justify their problems instead of working through them."

When Kesey showed up at the vietnam antiwar protest down in Berkeley, he was disgusted by the hate and violence being bred at the rally, at what was supposed to be a peace rally. He got up on stage and told people war was going on thousand of years and it wasn't going to stop now because they were chanting limericks and holding signs-that the best way was to turn your back on it, to make your own culture instead of basing your new one off hating the old one.

If you look at the direction of our society and how it's gone since-armchair activism and virtue signalling are just a 'like' away, gathering at the space downtown to protest the system one day out of the year-turning your back on such a magnificent power structure, both 'sides' of it, is liberating and enlightening. This isn't a fresh idea in the slightest, I'm merely next in line to represent it.
>>
>>744202
How long you been out and whyd you start?
>>
>>743726
I help the homeless in my area with rides, food, and water on the regular. It's all a huge risk on my part, but I enjoy helping others and a lot of homeless need a helping hand here in Eugene. Don't think for a second that if one of you tries to rob me I won't shoot you in a heartbeat. Be careful who you try to rob because you never know what the other person has for self defense. I also keep a machete under my seat in case I'm feeling especially violent that day. You may hold me up but as soon as you turn your back, you're going to die and I will get my belongings back. No mercy for thieves.
>>
>>744405
As a /k/ommando
>shooting a mugger in the back
Enjoy being raped in court and being painted as monster because of that machete
>>
>>744411
I'm also from /k/, and I endorse murdering people who fuck with you.
>>
File: 20_polaroidkidd_91742.jpg (90 KB, 680x437) Image search: [Google]
20_polaroidkidd_91742.jpg
90 KB, 680x437
>>744405
My boyfriend and I have liberated goods from twelve different "good Samaritans" such as yourself, to their face, and they haven't dared to do shit.

Keep your angel rescuer fantasies to yourself, we are all familiar with your type that jacks off to staged runaway porn on pornhub and dreams of rescuing some grateful hot young thing with your generosity and $16/hr paycheck. If you really actually want to help and aren't just doing I out of a savior complex and an ego the size of Portland then give us some money and leave, sweetie.
>>
>>744411
You're right, I have the potential to get fucked over in court in that scenario. Most scenarios would be in my car in which I'm just going to grab their arm as I hand them my wallet and shoot them in the chest. The sentiment towards the homeless here is low and most treat them like ghosts, so I'm not sure how much that would come in to play if I did shoot them in the back.
>>
Britbong here (West Midlands). What are okay(ish) places to be homeless?
>>
>>742400
>The spirit of Jerry Garcia acts as our messiah and guide
all praise be to our scruffy messiah.

>>742497
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIqBG1v8BY
>>
>>744291
I moved out at 17, was homeless with a car a few times, tried to do the apartment and job thing but got bored quickly. It's a long story. About three years ago I started travelling out of the backpack. I'm almost 24.

>>744416
>>744411
>>744405
Nipples here. I support defending your own regardless of if the person attacking/mugging you is homeless or not, though murdering them is definitely not worth it and very odd to consider thinking. The only people who want to kill or fantasize about it are psychopaths, the rest would prefer not to if they didn't have to; especially the ones that aren't psychopaths and have been forced to violence before.

It's also worth mentioning that one shouldn't make themselves a target, should always have decent situational awareness, and a healthy grasp on average social interactions. However, none of this matters if some random ass robs you. This is all silly though, that original poster who said he was robbed is the same as the guy who said he's justified in robbing you simply for being different from us. He's a dedicated troll who's working more subtly now.
>>744424
If you actually shot a homeless in Eugene they'd all be up in arms over guns and etc and they'd care about homeless for a week. Unfortunately the opposite is more likely to happen wherein they purposefully give a gun to the homeless in hopes they shoot something up as an excuse.

>>744421

Post pics or you're the troll
>>
>>743726
It's a good thing me and me boys make homeless people eat rocks for crack money
Congrats out you made me hate homeless people even more now.
I think I'll go club one like a seal whenever I'm in a highhomless areas.
Fucking bums no wonder you're poor and living like shit.
Od asshole
>>
>>744421
To the contrary, no homeless woman has approached me yet. I don't ask people if they need help, I will only help if approached. Most are males between 30 and 50. I also don't make money per hour with my shit job. I get paid per delivery and usually get about 250 a week. Fucking balling out of control right? I don't give money out, only prepackaged food/water and a ride across town if they need it. Since I've been here, only once was I holding my gun ready to draw. Since i could tell what this guy's MO was, I stopped off at a gas station where there are attendants that come to your window so the guy couldn't feasibly get away with anything and told him to get out. Now if I had some wet dream of taking a life, I would have let the original scenario play out. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>744435
Cry more Wagie, better start getting ready for bed or you won't be awake in time for work.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 238x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 238x256
>>744421
Have fun when you come across someone who does shoot you.>>744443
I actually like to be productive.
That 1,200 dollar a week check sure does suck when I get weekends off and booze it up at strip clubs
But tits sure are shitty because I can't cup them all
Also manual labour and warehouse positions are nice I get to hang with people who are nothing like you and date women who don't suck dick for 5$ and smokes
>>
>>744421
Oh and I'm in 508 massachuttes in north Brookfield.
My names Tristan please come bring your boy friend so I can break both of you.
Source I went to jail for shooting two cars assualt and battery assault and batter with a dangerous weapon under aged drink fire arms in city limits and resisting arrest.
Also bare knuckles boxed plenty of Indians and Irish French men
Also took boxing classes too
And Leaned to fight nasty dirty.
Really like violence and justify it by hurting poor drug addict like you
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 662x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 662x442
>>744471
Oh and I'm scot Irish native America and Greek
I like to fight I like to fuck and I like to drink
In the fucking order
Now are we meeting for a fight so I can wear your skin.
>>
>>744435
>>744471
>>744484
>keyboard warriors
Cute, but I doubt any of you do or would do anything like you've said. Keep writing down your yuppie powetrip fantasies though, they're hilarious. And anyway, we're on the West coast. I would rather die than live in the hell that is a yank state.

>>744431
Sure, you want me to post our nicks too? Maybe we could just post our location where we're bunking down, too?

This is how you can tell an oogle fuck lying his ass off, he changes his clothes daily and has eight pairs of shoes so doesn't realize that a pic, face or not, tells everyone exactly who you are.

toodles~~~
>>
>>744440
250 a week? Lol either little neet can't do math or little rich kid has no idea what's a reasonable rate for poverty. Hilarious.

And even if true--wow great you don't go out of your way to murder homeless and you gave an old bum a lift for a few blocks before you got paranoid and booted his ass out. Fucking Mother Teresa over here. You want a medal kiddo?
>>
>>744484
Soo. First time checking out the vagabond general here, was just curious about the people and info that'd be present.

Is this kind of stuff normal for this thread? I realize this is 4chan and shitposting and empty threats are a staple but this whole conversation just seems different.
>>
>>744504
Man there are like 3 verified homeless in these threads. Everyone else is a shitposter or like you, with probably an 80/20 split. Still, if youd like info just ask. At least two of us will give you a real answer.
>>
>>744471
FACE DOWN IN THE GUTTER WONT ADMIT DE FEAT THOUGH HIS CLOTHES ARE SOILED AND BLACK

HES A BIG STRONG MAN WITH A CHILDS MIND, DONT YA TAKE HIS BOOZE AWAAAY

HEY!
>>
>>744504
Basically what boils down to is a very persistent troll posting from multiple ips with mimiced multiple writing styles that has been following these threads since the first thread.

Essentially if a post seems angry or unreasonable or is not cordial, both for/against homeless, then it's the troll and not a real homeless or normal poster. Because of the slow speed of the board he's able to post such that 80% of the posts in any given thread are him. That is why the vagabond threads are tho way; real vagabonds are pretty chill and never shitpost and don't care if someone is crusty enough or what their income is.

Hope that clears things up.
>>
>>744509
>trying this hard

Wew
>>
>>744509
>real vagabonds are pretty chill and never shitpost and don't care if someone is crusty enough or what their income is.
That cognitive dissonance tho
>>
>>744504
Most vagabonds are mentally ill, as are the people that feel the need to reply to them.
>>
>>744505
So being homeless is looking like it might be in the horizon for me (a few months out, around late winter) if my and my families luck doesn't turn around soon. I could have my own place but in order to be able to keep affording to go to college I'd have to live out of my truck. So I don't really need any help right now. Just the prospect had me curious about how homeless people live. So I thought I'd lurk a little and was surprised when I found that conversion.
>>
>>744503
You couldn't be more wrong about everything. Classic woman.
>>
>>744516
>2016
>not being able to tell the difference between real posts and troll posts
ishygddt
>>
>>744522
How big is your truck? If thats really a worry id start putting back what i could right now and hopefully you can get enough up to put a camper in the bed. Then it wont matter even a little if you end up having to live out of it, you can shower in the dorms/gym at school and youll have all the home ameneties minus a toilet in your truck.
>>
>>744521
>sitting around itt just to post shit like this

What the fuck does that make you then?
>>
>>744522
These threads always have a mountain of shitposts but if you lurk em youll get the info and stories you seek. Just try and ignore the bullshit.
>>
>>744521
Projection.
>>
File: 14611986830260.jpg (367 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14611986830260.jpg
367 KB, 1024x768
So far as I understand it there's only two(or three?) confirmed and currently living it vagabonds in these threads. The anon in the bus, some random guy who rarely posts, and me. The guy who doesn't post often is very laid back and doesn't seem to post often, but when he does it's usually about just wanting to live and let live.

Also because reasons, here's and old picture of what I look like and what I've been wearing for almost two years now. Anyone who's all about security culture and afraid to post pictures of themselves is either a scumbag, an idiot or an oogle. Regardless, they're ashamed of who they are or what they've done. You think shoestring-the trainhopper blog posted earlier itt, is worried about being recognized? There's an entire forum dedicated to us by us where people use their real handles and post about their travels.

Anyone pretending that we're hiding out, that we aren't documented and catalogued, is delusional and perhaps retarded. If you're a felon running from dumb shit, sure- don't post your picture, but otherwise don't pretend you're some anarchist warrior who the man's going to get if you post a picture.
>>
>>744546
Its a small block Chevy. The seat in the cab is pretty comfy, cloth covered with no center console so its kinda like a little couch. I was thinking about just sleeping there instead of dropping 2k on a camper even though that would be nice.

My main concerns were how I would handle showering. The meal plan from campus is pretty reasonably priced so I guess I could just eat there. And hang out in either the campus or city library and the recreational areas. But my school's gym doesn't have a shower oddly enough and none of the local gyms do either (small town, smally gyms). I'm not sure if I'd even be allowed to shower in the dorms since I don't stay there and I'm not exactly sure how to ask, I'd like to keep being homeless as quiet as possible if I have to do this.
>>
>>744580
Thought I should also mention, I did tour the dorms once and there aren't public showers that I can just waltz into. Just private bathrooms attached to each bedroom for the two occupants to use.
>>
>>744577
How many litres is that backpack?
>>
>>744583
Even better, befriend a dormie anon. I guarantee your town has a YMCA where you can shower. Other than that you could look for a drop in center, just google it for your town. These are outreach centers for youths where you can shower and laundry for free.
>>
>>744580
If you are handy you can make a camper out of plywood and some boltsor even aluminum tubing and canvas for about 200-300ish. other than that look for a cheap gym to shower in.
>>
>>744591
That was an old external frame Jansport, probably 60l or so? Decent design, wasn't durable enough nor light enough for my liking, on top of being too big a frame- almost as long as I am. Only used it for about two months.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160420_210332.jpg (57 KB, 491x899) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160420_210332.jpg
57 KB, 491x899
>>744577
Hell i want my pic out there. Never know who youre gonna run into that youd written off as a memory, case in point nipples.
>>
>>744665
You still down in texas? I was thinking of heading down to Haight street for a bit, check up on the politics. Not sure if I'll be back northwest before I head east this year.
>>
>>744679
Im in lawrence kansas right now kicking it. Ill probably end up in co/nm over the next few weeks then ill head to the pnw.
>>
Why is this thread so full of trolls/hate when the last was civilized and helpful
>>
>>744745
The trolls got a late start last thread, early one this time. Its usually like this, last thread was nice but unfortunately not the norm.
>>
File: 14612118725160.jpg (359 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
14612118725160.jpg
359 KB, 768x1024
>>744685
Check out Nederland while you're in Colorado, lots of great places you could take your bus up there-might still be chilly though. I'm not sure how the busking is on Pearl in Boulder, but even before the influx of weed immigrants you often had to compete with things like some little prodigy playing wicked violin.

Shout out to Sox Place in Denver, if you need a crew change. Though with your bus..I guess you could get some socks there.

>>744745
Just gotta sift through the trolls, they've had at us every thread, the last one he was in it early too mucking stuff up. This thread, this one guy was here right as we made the new thread and he reposted a bunch of his bait from the end of the old thread, both sides to an argument attacking each other in quick succession. Basically outing himself in his eagerness to troll. He's trying to be more subtle now.

As we've basically established, there's only two of us here who are confirmed deadbeats,and a third guy I suspect somewhere, but he seems too laid back to troll.
>>
>>743750
I love this post
>>
>>744758
Never been to nederland, looks great. I prefer the cold. When im colorado im usually in vail, springs or foco depending on where im going/what im trying to do. Any more i dont kick it too long unless im in vail. You should check it out if you havent, easy livin.
I need to hit up some festies or rainbows and find some kids that play music to steal. Got a mandolin and a washboard just sitting here with no one to play them. Ready to get this band goin.
>>
>>743803
no, not a single serious person in the entire thread
welcome to performance art, /out/ style
>>
File: Hermit_Crabs.jpg (357 KB, 1690x1126) Image search: [Google]
Hermit_Crabs.jpg
357 KB, 1690x1126
>>744758
How does having a puppers work as a hobo?
I never understood that or how people train them to guard their stuff
>>
Any of you guys seen the shady christian couple thing that was on stp a while ago?
>>
>>744833
>how do dogs work
>>
>>744833
It's a natural instinct for the dogs that you simply have to cultivate/encourage.

Nobody asked me to do this but I'm going to spam recommendations on dry food that aren't shit:
Fromm (on the pricier end, but you get what you pay for, I feed my dogs this but I used to feed them victor)
Victor (on the more affordable end, really solid food though)
Natural Balance (only some of theirs aren't shit, it's the more expensive version idk what it's called, and you're paying for more than you get), Sam's Club brand food (I forget what it is called, but probably the most economic not-completely-shit food. Probably the "worst" out of all the ones listed here, but better than shit like Purina or Iams or the other big name foods you've heard about because of them spending all the money advertising and cutting costs on the food itself)
Bil-Jac (comparable to Fromm, somewhat cheaper.)

There's also Orijen and it's other brand that is the step down, and both are really great foods but are also bookoo expensive.

Blue Buffalo used to be good but now it's a meme dog food and they upped the price and dropped the quality so you're paying for an Orijen quality food but getting something around a Sam's Club food. Don't turn it down if you get it for free but don't spend money on it either.

Science Diet has the double whammy of managing to be a really expensive dog food that is also complete shit.

That said also look out for local brands near you that might be good.

>>744685
If you happen to pass through Tulsa I'll give you a bag of Fromm dog food and some supplements (sealed, in case paranoid) to take with you. If you're super duper paranoid I can do a dead drop of the dog food at a location chosen by you.
>>
>>744864
Yeah I did, given the things I know about Arizona I'd say it's likely somewhat true and maybe worse than the girl thinks.

>>744833
It's a responsibility if you actually care about the dog. My pup keeps me grounded, more than just literally preventing me from sleeping in rooftops.

A wise Deadhead once told me, "A Dog will hold you back" and I'm inclined to agree for the most part. Shows and festivals are much more difficult to attend with a dog. Working a side gig is now impossible unless I can bring her along.

The previous thread, an anon mentioned how it was hard to socialize out of your circle if you aren't self aware. With a dog, it's near impossible to socialize with people who don't like dogs, people who hold preconceived notions about homeless with dogs, people who are afraid of dogs. This is only compounded by the fact she's part pit.

However, the tradeoff of not being to attend shows and festivals and other things freely isn't that bad. I still go and hang out on lot, sometimes she stays in a friend's vehicle while I go in. I'm not a festie kid though so it's not that big of a deal.

I find that I probably didn't want to associate in the first place with people who don't like dogs or don't like homeless with dogs. The choice to get a dog solidified the position I'm in, a sort of test, where I will probably stay until she's too old. Once I'm on my own again I will have little holding me back from getting in fights or associating with people I don't like or going full bum or half bum. The dog ensures I stay "mostly bum"

Dogs naturally want a job and they will guard your things pretty easily, you just have to encourage it and understand them. Once you spend enough time with your dog, it's basically impossible not to have a good puppers if you have a slight idea what you're doing-and assuming you got the dog early enough.

Nothing beats the companionship though. Guarding you and your stuff is secondary.
>>
>>744864
>Any of you guys seen the shady christian couple thing that was on stp a while ago?
>>744973
w-what?
>>
File: rsz_1img_20160409_124704.jpg (171 KB, 898x1177) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1img_20160409_124704.jpg
171 KB, 898x1177
>>744833
I lived in a squat when i was 16-20. Got my dog at 18 as a puppy, she was trained by the entire house, never got away with anything. She learned all the rules very early on. We started traveling when she was 3, riding freight and hitching, we are super attached to each other. Shes 7.5 now and still going strong as fuck. Shes a chow so the guard dog shit is natural for her, i never really had to do shit but its always been a me and her vs the world thing so im sure that helped push that instinct along.

>>744952
Supplements for me or her? She eats what i eat usually, nice restaraunt food, wont really fuck with dog food unless its the good shit like you posted.
>>
>>744976

Uh, it's been a few months since I looked at it but..

Girl and her boyfriend break up, boyfriend gets picked up by older couple in remote part of Arizona. Boyfriend calls girlfriend panicking and etc, phone goes off, girlfriend calls again and man answers who says he had to subdue boyfriend because he was going crazy or something, suddenly boyfriend is disappeared.

Girlfriend contacts police who say they've dealt with the guy who is a convicted molestor or something, guy says the kid just left or something and police can't do anything. Police have dealt with him dropping animals at the shelter and driving off, almost charged with animal abuse when the shelter workers won't take a dog and he throws it out the window at them.

Girl goes down to animal shelter and volunteers, finds out that the guy has been leaving well behaved dogs at the shelter consistently, finds out some dogs at the shelter know traveler commands for some reason.

That's where it was last I checked, I should go see if anything came of it. I'm sure I got some details wrong.
>>
>>743344
No one? MA general on heading southwest?
>>
>>745004
I hitched through the east coast twice mayne never caught out and i didnt even meet any kids while i was doin it. You can use google maps to get you an idea of the yards and shit then its just a matter of scoping them out and calling the hotline to find your train.
>>
>>744993
Supplements for her.
>>
>>744993
>She eats what i eat usually
You are an asshole if you're feeding your dog human food. You are literally killing her slowly and torturing her. It may taste good to her so she'll eat it but it is BAD.
>>
>>745004
montrealer runs Noho/Springfield to NYC
>>
>>745012
>>744993
Oh, also, if you're the bus anon and have anything you want to work on in the interior (not mechanic, no good with engines) I can help you with that if you happen by since I have a bunch of tools and random building supplies.
>>
>>745007
Yeah I've got the feeling that northeastern US won't be great for meeting new faces.
Are hotlines automated or will human interaction potentially arise suspicion?
I'm thinking of starting out hitching, anyway, and waiting till I can catch with someone who's experienced.
Where'd you get the most rides hitching up here?
>>
>>745012
Tulsa is kind of a long shot right now with the bus, but id definitely use them if you were down to mail them my way. I know some locals that i can have it sent to, if youre down with that.
outinnaforest@gmail

>>745015
I get her checked up once a month without fail and shes tip top mate, so if countless vets across the country are wrong why are you right?
>>
>>745018
Ive got some free floating flooring to put in and im building some lofts but ill probably wait until i get out west to do that stuff, appreciate the offer though anon.

>>745019
Theyre automated, you just give it the number on the side of the car. Check youtube for vids of it pretty easy to figure out. The only times i had problems hitching were in west virginia where everyone i met was a hateful douche, and some tiny mountain town in pennsylvania that i had to hang out in for a week before i got a ride.
>>
>>745020
>>745022
Just sent you an email.
>>
>>745022
Thanks bro.
>>
>>744999
>inverse satan trips
checked

That sounds creepy, but I suspect it ain't true only because if the guy is a convicted molester with documented violent behavior and she got a phone call from him (which phone records would show took place and the location of the phone call within a range) the police would definitely be fucking his shit up unless he was literally the nephew of a senator or something.

Also before you posted I searched "shady christian couple thing that was on stp a while ago?" and clicked on one of the results and just spent 15 minutes reading about if oral and anal sex are okay for christian married couples according to the bible and also about how some guys from sodom wanted to gangrape an angel and how song of soloman is all about oral and regular sex or something, why did I do that.
>>
>>744421
What a loser
>>
>>745033
Apparently her boyfriend left a voicemail or something and when she called back it was the guy who answered.

Regardless, nothing new has come of it and nothing has been posted by her or people who mentioned they might try to call around. Though honestly if it's happening I highly doubt it's simply an old Christian couple, these things are usually organized.

Its funny you mentioned the story of Sodom(and Gomorrah), they weren't destroyed for the degenerate behavior but for pride, laziness, gluttony and how they treated the angels who were strangers and visitors. Of course history must repeat itself until we learn.
>>
>>745031
Np good luck, stick to the interstates and youll get rides no problem. Go around big cities.

>>745033
http://youtu.be/bar3GOzDNzg
>>
>>745046
That's the plan.
I've done a lot by car, but cities just present too many possible liabilities. I've yet to truly enjoy a big city without having my car in the back of my mind.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160412_232814.jpg (119 KB, 581x1033) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160412_232814.jpg
119 KB, 581x1033
>>745056
I feel that. Car is convenient but at the same time huge pain in the ass. I usually stick to college towns rather than cities regardless, only a couple cities i really go to any more. I try to spend as much time as possible in the forests and mountains, cities dont do it for me.
>>
>>744202
You describe anarchism. There's books on it.
>>
>>744421
>>744498

I really hope you're joking. Because you are absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>745060
Yeah, I hear ya. Where you at right now? Got plans for the summer? Down to meet up? I'm gonna start solo for a while in a few weeks, but it would be cool to have some meet-ups along the way.
>>
>>745148
Im in kansas right now, probly kick it around kansas city/lawrence/columbia for a little while longer then im heading to the pnw, with a maybe pit stop in santa fe nm. Im definitely down to meet, but youll have to catch me or get to mo/ks/ne before i leave the midwest.
>>
>>745060
Why your dog look like a bearskin rug?
>>
>>745184
You got me
>>
>>745163
Ok, cool. Not sure if I'll be around there too soon, but I might be able to catch you somewhere in the pnw sometime. Wanna exchange emails? I don't have any of that social network shit. I'd probably just set up a new gmail. I won't disturb your shit or anything, just hit you up when we might be crossing paths.
>>
>>745235
outinnaforest@gmail hit me up whenever. Ill be around wa/or/ca over the summer, then washington all winter.
>>
>>745256
Alright cool. I'll send you an email from my Hotmail in a few just to confirm. I'll definitely be out west at some point this summer; I'm thinking of checking out slab city this winter, too.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460832943385.jpg (65 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460832943385.jpg
65 KB, 540x960
Autistic loner here. So I have a bicycle and extensive woodland survival skills and enough gear to keep myself up to par. If I get a van to live out of how feasable is it to get random jobs on fishing boats or other high paying seasonal work and then chill out in your van home for the rest of the year without having to bother folks by begging?
>>
>>745327
100% doable
>>
>>745327
You can easily move to alaska every summer, work on a fishing boat for 2-3 months and then live off of that for the rest of the year. Its hard work though. I mean literally 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 or 3 months straight.
>>
>>745362
I've heard a lot of shady shit going on the boats, are you saying this from experience or just a what you've heard?
>>
File: spyderco-tenacious-review.jpg (54 KB, 1024x1022) Image search: [Google]
spyderco-tenacious-review.jpg
54 KB, 1024x1022
I know one anon was recommending knives earlier and he mentioned one around 30 but wasn't sure of the name and I think this is it
Is the tenacious a good option as your only knife?
>>
>>745447
If you are breaking the law via drugs or theft as a homeless person don't bring a knife. All you will need is a cheap chinese folding knife to throw away while you run from the police. If you are going on an adventure and don't intend to break the law badly then keep a fixed blade hunting knife in in your pack and a folding knife without wobble. Many folding knives can be good, just judge it by the quality of steel and the amount of possible wobble over time.
>>
>>745453
More than anything I'd like to stress the nature of making due with what you have sometimes. I've only got half a leatherman right now, it broke in half when some police were trying to close it and then I lost the second half somewhere else.
>>
>>745447
Your only knife? If you need it to be folding and cant afford more than that itd do the job. You could look at ontario rat 1 or 2.
If its going to be your only knife you should get something bigger and fixed. Itll get beat up. Maybe a bk11 or 14.
>>
>>745467
>>745453
Well I exaggerate when I say my only knife, I also have a ka-bar
I don't really know why I said only, I was just meaning like, one I'd keep in my pocket and just use for small projects/cuts
>>
>>745581
Kabar is god tier and never let anybody tell you different. Just get a cheap folder if you have a kabar. A kabar can do literally any job. Any job. Dont be afraid to abuse a kabar. Just get a cheap folding knife, any folding knife will work. You are doing nothing important with it besides cutting strings, right?
>>
>>745605
Basically, yeah
I was just looking at the tenacious because its like $40 and from what I've heard is a pretty good folding knife that can open in a jiffy
I suppose another option is an opinel since those are like $15-$25 and /k/ has a giant boner for them
>>
>>745581
>>745608

The tenacious is a great choice then
>>
>>745609
>>745605
Thanks for the input, anon!
>>
>>743253
>> https://hoboshoestring.wordpress.com/
what is the point of his life?> what does he do each day?
>>
>>745698
whatever he wants
>>
>>745698
Well for one thing he can travel anywhere without paying a dime. Also his lifestyle seemingly doesn't depend on much and he chose having actual time for himself over working for somebody.
>>
>>745698
what's yours and what do you?
>>
>>745742
>>745747
>>745748
Come on guys.. we went over this already
>>
>>745777
why do these housies and crustos gotta troll us all the time?
>>
>>745777
Maybe he was genuinely asking
>>
File: svord12.jpg (124 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
svord12.jpg
124 KB, 768x512
>>745447
Its a decent knife that looks, and feels well built. ie looks expensive.

If you already have a Ka-Bar, I'd suggest a #8 or a #10 Opinel.
Even if you don't have a fixed blade, an Opinel will serve you well.

Sure a tenacious has a belt clip and opens with one hand, but Opinels are better in every way that matters.

The Svord Peasant knife is a good choice too. And the extended tang works wonders for hitting someone over the head with.
>>
>>743742
All you vagabond queers should have those facial tattoos, makes you easy to recognise. So I can take a baseball bat to you even when you're not trying to climb on my train.
>>
>>745850
Your train?
>>
>>745850
You mean your company's train? ;^)
>>
>>745840
>opinel, peasant knife over tenacious
Mate just cuz you like shit you got for ten bucks doesnt make it 'better in every way that matters'
>>
>>744580
I'm considering the same plan you are going for (though I can't afford a meal plan here). You'll probably find some poor bastard living in the dorms from just going to class and getting to know people. Just find someone that's pretty chill about it and ask em. The worst that can happen is they say no and you find someone else. I know a guy that's living in an RA's room for nothing. He blazes it up everyday in their bathroom and hits up the parties all the time. Doesn't do anything else. If this asshole can do this, then surely a honest person like yourself will find a way in. Good luck.
>>
>>745901
>Mate just cuz you like shit you got for ten bucks doesnt make it 'better in every way that matters'

The Opinel cuts better, and takes a fine edge easier.
Thats what matters most on a knife.

It also doesn't look like a fancy ass $200 Spyderco.
>>
>>745916
The tennacious is $40
>>
Going to start dumpster diving or skip dipping as we know it in britbongistan.

Mostly because I'm poor and can barely afford to eat, but also because it seems like a good Base skill to have should I go homeless ( might happen sooner than I hope)

Anything not on the science and art of dumpster diving I should be aware of?
>>
http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SWEDFNNL5CX/Fallkniven-Northern-Light-NL5-Idun-Cowry-X-4-inch-Damascus-Blade-Leather-Sheath

Best bang for your buck. Good knife for hobos.
>>
>>745963
That's a steal of a price! Just use the money from one night of busking for it
>>
>>745916
No it doesnt you lose, youre just trying to back up your preference
>>
>>744577
im lurking too.i dont post much.
>>
youre right though should post more pictures.image board and all
>>
File: rsz_0421161654_hdr.jpg (152 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0421161654_hdr.jpg
152 KB, 1328x747
>>746002
coo
>>
>>745982
Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, friend.
>>
File: 14613592276690.jpg (199 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14613592276690.jpg
199 KB, 1024x768
No service or WiFi in the mountains, rip
>>746048
>>746002
I miss this camera
>>
File: download_20160211_183546.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
download_20160211_183546.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>>746095
which mountains?
>>
File: trainsnsuch.jpg (70 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
trainsnsuch.jpg
70 KB, 540x720
im not in the mountains right now.im i a research study trying to get some kayak money.
>>
File: Blecq0PIEAAMrXi.jpg (44 KB, 598x397) Image search: [Google]
Blecq0PIEAAMrXi.jpg
44 KB, 598x397
>>746172
Hitched to everest WOOOOOOO
>>
>>744425
Stroud there's loads of homeless here
>>
>>746205
lol..im sure its possible,
>>
Anybody here a squatter? I was thinking it'd be nice to summer up on a river and grow some small patches of vegetables for my food/to study. Sit back in my hammock, read, play some tunes work my crops, make some primitive tools and catch fish. The fucking life. Anybody do anything similar?
>>
>>744498
My address is there faggot.
>>
File: download_20160415_222251.jpg (49 KB, 480x411) Image search: [Google]
download_20160415_222251.jpg
49 KB, 480x411
this seems like a wierd thread for people to get pissed off in....
>>
>>743750
That fucking picture... Lol. There's actually people who think hobos look like that?

>>745015
Aside from things like grapes and garlic, it's not "human food" that's bad for the dogs, it's the fact that they'll eat way too much of it. But there's more in play here than just diet, too. A housie dog or street dog that eats human food is going to get fat, sick and dead, sure, but a travelin' dog is going to be out and working those calories off.

Same idea with training, too. Domestic dogs stay alone in their person's house all day, road dogs are always with their pack, so they're more focused on learning how to do things.

>>745951
Just be careful. I hear that bin diving there is illegal.
>That's the queen's trash, you can't have it!
>>
>>746349
Not for any length of time. I like to stay on the move, during the warmer months at least. I have been thinking about planting some food plants around some of my favorite spots, areas where it's hard to get into town from, just to buy a bag of food and go back. Maybe some potato mounds at least, to stretch out my reserves or something...
>>
So what were you guys like before you became hobos?
Were you already street smart or hardened people or were you just soft naive guys?
>>
Is it possible to hitch from Ontario Canada to India?
>>
>>746377
>"human food" that's bad for the dogs
Like I said, you are a fucking ignorant asshole and I hope you develop some type of stomach cancer that mimics the pain your dog will end up enduring before it dies.
>>
>>746558
Not him but youre an idiot. Cut yourself and never ever stop.
>>
I was lurking the last thread and saw somebody posting lots of stuff about Eugene. I used to go there a lot when I first moved to Oregon, and it was fairly easy to find a street kid to buy weed off of downtown. I'm just wondering how the dispensaries and legalization has affected the street kid weed dealing scene out there?
>>
>>746676
Not him but probably not much.
>>
>>746682
Not him but thanks
>>
>>746694
Not him but youre welcome.
>>
>>746530
Nigga you're separated by an ocean
>>
>>746709
If you go north beyond the pole then eventually you'll end up in Russia. You could probably get a few rides with the Rangers on their skidoos, but you'd have to walk most of the way or get your own form of transport.

It's suicide to do it alone though. Russians did it going the other way, but they had big trucks with tires that would keep everything floating when they fell in water.
>>
>>746741
Not him but russia is going to build a bridge between alaska and russia. So you can hitch to asia soon.
>>
>>746172
Cascades, heading south
>>746676

That guy here.
Legal pot kills the street dealers, the serious ones go legal or bigger to supplement, the rest turn to other petty crimes to get by and.some turn to selling harder drugs. Legalization has a weird effect on the streets. I'll talk about that some other time. It's changed things a lot.
>>
Jesus Tulsa is full of people with signs today. I'm positive not one of them is even homeless. One was a fat bitch with shirt that read "LOL for my SWAG" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean, standing near the Delaware onramp to 244, sipping a giant ficking sods from quick trip.

Another was a fat guy in a button down shirt and basketball shorts near the onramp to 51 on Sheridan. This fuck I am like 99% sure wasn't homeless because a ford explorer was parked 10ft away from him in the cosmetology school parking lot nearby, literally the only parked car for nearly a block. He was also drinking out of a 2 liter of coke and had a soft cooler next to him.

What the fuck? This is puzzling because I see actual homeless people on corners during the weekday, and the first one used to have a hobo camp (single) behind a fence and some bushes back before the bushes died. I know they're probably homeless because they are thin to the point of emaciation, have worn looking clothes and usually have an overstuffed backpack or shopping cart out of the way bit still in sight.

Why is this? Are the weekends just no good so the actual homeless don't bother? Or do they bully you guys out of these spots or something? Or is this just some weird Tulsa thing and you guys don't have any more idea than I do?
>>
>>746829
Jesus my phone post is bad
>giant fucking soda

Also there were more but none so infuriating as those two, just fat (but not as fat, just like a beer gut) guys that didn't look homeless, at less as far as I can tell.

The other thing is I didn't see a single one of these guys getting anything from anybody, but I usually see the actual homeless getting something from somebody every so often. Are they getting stuff and I happen to not see it or are they just hoping to but don't, and since they're flooding the market you guys just don't bother? I didn't see a single vagrant in the usual (non corner, just chilling) spots today either though
>>
>>746754
That sucks man. I met some cool kids by buying weed from them. Seemed like a pretty good way for them to get by too, and they seemed like a group that had their shit together as far as dealing went. I randomly ran into one of my friends from California in 420 park by buying weed from a kid there. I barely recognized my friend a first because he was never homeless when I knew him, but I guess after being in Eugene for a few years he lost his job and place, so he said fuck it and just lived on the streets. He seemed to being enjoying himself too.
>>
File: Snapchat-8500438931054828074.jpg (425 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8500438931054828074.jpg
425 KB, 1080x1920
Got a nine hour ride yesterday in the bed of a pickup truck from new orleans to outside of san Antonio Texas.
That was my first time rising long distance in a pickup bed, and holy shit that was fun
>>
>>746829
>>746836
>bait
>>
>>746894
Nice. Just went an hour cramped in a truck bed from Arcata to Garberville, in the rain. Chilly as all fuck.
>>746919
Might not be bait. I've noticed more and more full time rubbertramps or shelterbums out flying signs in places that weren't blown up until recently.
>>
If I get made homeless, which is a big possibility I'm the next few weeks I can do one of two things.
Sleep rough in the parks in town. (shelterbumming is awful looking) and work until I have enough to rent something. I can only see a few issues with this, such as personal hygiene for work

Or sell everything I can and see how many miles away from here I can make it before I give up or find something to keep me somewhere. Biggest issue with that is that I don't know much about rural survival

Or option 3, climb a crane and jump off.

I'll decide which when it happens
>>
>>747254
Steal.

Get out of town and sleep innawoods. Get yourself a tarp, tent and sleeping bag. Move from town to town.

You can make it bro.
>>
>>747254
If you're thinking of suicide, then you have nothing to lose on the road. Never know what your future might hold. Keep your head up anon. Your will to survive is greater than you think.
>>
>>744596
I don't know about your YMCAs, but the one here in Phoenix is $57 a month.
>>
>>745951
Here in Freedomland, pizza places often leave entire pizzas on top of the dumpsters at night. Bakeries nd grocery stores throw out all of their baked goods every night (except for those fucking Albertsons Jews that claim they donate it, but they put it in a trash compactor). If you find a place with food behind it, just keep track of how often it happens. I used to scrounge at trash cans at the outdoor malls here in AZ. In the rich areas, people throw out huge portions of food. I'd get bored and just do that for lunch. A few times people offered me their leftovers and a couple people slipped me money. I don't look homeless, I'm just cheap lol
>>
>>747254
>Sleep rough in the parks in town. >shelterbumming
No good can come out of any either of these.
>>
>>746919
I'm not saying any of these guys I saw are actually vagrants, anon. Most of the time the people I see with signs are vagrants, but not on the weekends apparently. I was just wondering why. It's not bait.
>>
>>747293
>phoenix

Theres your problem
>>
>>747254
Travel dummy. Do not home bum.
>>
>>744471
>all of those charges
That was like every weekend for me as a teen in the ninties.
>>
I'm looking to put together a lightweight fishing kit for freshwater that will fit easily in my already stuffed backpack.
Any suggestions for line, hook, and lure types? Is it worth it to have a collapsible fishing pole? Or can I make do with a hand reel or just tong the line to a stick?
>>
>>747523
People actually fish in freshwater?

First time I'm hearing of this.
It doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
>>
>>747481
I'm tempted, but now I do have a job that makes me hesitant to run away from my problems. I'll weigh my options though
>>
>>747523
Worth it if you know what you're doing and where to fish, along with staying innawoods. Not worth it unless you're actually out innaforest most of the time, which can be difficult to transition to if you don't know what you're doing.
>>747525
Rivers and ponds, but ponds are usually stocked.
>>747527
>>747254
Sell everything and save money, go out and travel once you're ready. I don't recommend a life of crime once you start. Unless you really love your job or something, going out and traveling as a young adult is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Protip: you will never be 'ready', just go do it far away from where you are now.
>>
>>747525
Are you serious? People fish in lakes all the time dude, do you live under a rock or something?
>>
How important are wool clothes?
Preparing my gear for when i head out but im on a budget obviously. I heard wool clothes are important but theyre so damn expensive. Can i just skip them and go with cotton anyway or will i die?
>>
>>747590
day hiking and three day trips are fine if you have rain gear. Look in thrift stores for wool sweaters, not ideal because the weave tends to hold on to water and contrary to memes wet wool is not particularly insulating.
>>
>>747642
>day hiking and three day trips
Do you know what thread youre in?
>>
>>747590
If you're going to be getting wet and cold wool is vital, but if you're only going to be traveling where it's warm, you can live without it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.