[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stone Circle on the Georgia Appalachian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: appalachia w brandon 060.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
appalachia w brandon 060.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
I was hiking here a few weeks ago, and I saw this weird stone circle on the second day. This was a few miles after Woody Gap, in the Chattahoochee National Forest area. We'd just crossed over a bridge of two logs, and passed through a camp site.

I noticed this right off the trail, next to the stream. At first it looked like an old cemetery, but the stones looked like they were in a circle, were weirdly shaped, and the area was roped off.

If it's not Indian (I doubt it is), it must have some sort of significance. Maybe some modern Pagans made it?
>>
First time in the woods anon?
>>
Most thru hikers are basically modern pagans so I'd say you're correct. Modern pagans.
Get off your phone and do more miles.
>>
When I was younger and out in the woods Id often do stupid shit like that, create vaguley satanic looking mini-stonehenge sites in the middle of BFE or whatever. I was young and dumb and it was fun.

I'm willing to bet that's probably how it got built. Just some people fucking around. Of course those people just fucking around could have been a couple of Huck Finns 100 years ago or a few bored Indian youths 200 years ago. Or maybe modern day pagans. Or Appalachian "witches" back in 1918 trying to reanimate the corpse of their beloved son killed in the war to end all wars.

Try burying a dead animal in the circle and see if anything happens.
>>
Blair witch
>>
Surveyors used half buried uprighted stones like that in the mid 1800s as markers (there is one still on my property which is the only reason I know this). If it was just one, thats almost definitely what it would be.

Since you're down south, possibly civil war grave/fallen soldier markers?
>>
Destroy it and see what happens.
>>
When I kick cairns: they stay kicked.
>>
>>719663
I think those are the mythological Georgia Guidestones. You found them!
>>
>>719663
its probably indian burial ground, especially since it was roped off and its in the Chattahoochee NF
>>
>>719663
Could be a medicine wheel
>>
>>719663
>/X/
>>
>>719663
Ahh I moved north into the northern hardwoods/ mixed conifer region of the great lakes but this pic made me miss spring in the central hardwoods where I spent my childhood.
>>
>>724392
This
>>
Try digging there. If you find a skull make sure you take it home with you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.