[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>book 5-day 74 mile permit through the Smokies starting this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: weather.jpg (33 KB, 574x496) Image search: [Google]
weather.jpg
33 KB, 574x496
>book 5-day 74 mile permit through the Smokies starting this Saturday the 19th
>check weather around where I'm going
>mfw

My sleeping bag has a zipper that has come undone, and now it appears to be an imperative for me to get it fixed within the next two days. Where do I go to do this? With school I don't have the time to go on Youtube and do DIY. Also, should I bring my GoreTex boots or trail runners?
>>
Starting a 3-night loop near clingmans the following week, looks peachy. Sunday will get hairy but just wear layers and get lots of water protection for your gear and body. Keep a set of dry base layer just for sleeping in. You'll be fine. I'm jealous, I'd love to wake up to snow during my trip
>>
>>714882
I have a 100L rain cover, a Marmot waterproof jacket and REI waterproof pants so I'm set in that regard. Should I stick to the GoreTex boots though, in your opinion?
>>
>>714888
yea dude, sleep with them in your tent in case you weren't already planning on it. have fun. be aware though that the weather predictions are usually for the more populated areas. once one gets up on the mountains it can be considerably colder than predicted. jus sayin.
>>
>>714799
You need a permit to go innawoods?!
And you say Australia has draconian laws.
>>
>>716854
you need a permit for back-country camping in National Parks.
>>
>>714799
Take it to a dry cleaner or laundry that does alterations and see if they can help you.
>>
>>716867
Isn't that only true for some Parks? I know you don't need one for all National Forests, but I've never camped in a National Park.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.