[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleeping bags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: softie15tan.png (177 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
softie15tan.png
177 KB, 600x450
What sleeping bag do you use?

Im looking for a 3 part sleeping bag with a cotton inside liner, the actual sleeping bag, and a tough water resistant outside liner.
>>
Marmot Trestles 15.
>>
>>706214
normally, the liner and bivy are bought separately from the bag, so that you can customize how much lining and weather resistance/space you need.

tell us more about the conditions you plan to camp in, then we can make a useful suggestion.
>>
>>706228
I need a comfort temperature between -10 and -20C.
And i would prefer a cotton inside liner and a goretex bivy.
Has to be mummy style, and needs a compression bag.
>>
A 15 euro one from the aldi. Works good enough, although it's a bit large.
>>
File: Inferno.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1396) Image search: [Google]
Inferno.jpg
114 KB, 1200x1396
>>706214
That really isn't hard to do, unless you're located in a country which doesn't normally import such things on the reg.

For the comfort level you require, I use a The North Face Inferno -29C. I'm a warm sleeper, do not use a liner and this sleeping bag is water resistant. I use an Exped Downmat 9 between me and the snow/ice and sleep like a baby.

The bag compresses quite small in spite of how much down fill it has, and the sleeping pad compresses to about the size of a loaf of bread.
>>
>>706242
>buying consumer grade gear
See ya in 1 year!
t. REI
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 738x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 738x761
>>706214
Pic related, Kelley cosmic down 21 degree bag

Got it on sale at cabelas. I actually bought it, then returned it and repurchased it From the bargain cave. I feel like what I did is somehow illegal but whatever saved an additional 20 bucks. Got it for like 100 dollars
>>
>>706245
the summit series gear has a lifetime warranty. it might not always be the best value, but it's good stuff.
>>
>>706214
I have a down quilt rated at 20 degrees and a TNF Wasatch 45 for spring/summer.
>>
>>706245
milsurp fag pls go
>>
>>706214
May I ask why you want a cotton liner? Is it a comfort thing?
>>
File: 1200-Trek.jpg (154 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1200-Trek.jpg
154 KB, 1200x1200
>>706214
Sea to Summit TK II, very cozy.

Can any of you recommend a long and small tent for backpacking? I'm 6'8" and I hate sleeping in a ball whenever I camp :(
>>
>>706389
So i can just take the liner out and wash it instead of the whole sleeping bag
>>
>>706402
You could use a 2 person tent and sleep with your feet in a corner then your head in the opposite corner
>>
>>706264
It's called being a smart shopper anon. You don't own any retainer your hard earned money.
>>
>>706214
I use a cheap kelty and a snugpak for warm weather, but the Backcountry Beds look really comfy and moderately light if not ultralight.
>>
File: AEB2-L420-UD.jpg (45 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
AEB2-L420-UD.jpg
45 KB, 300x400
I hear this year is going to be all about alternatives to traditional bags.

You guys catch the news ones from Sea to Summit?
They've got these quilts designed to strap down to their mats and their "base camp" bags.

I was delaying gratification on buying a new bag to see some of the things due out this year. This quilt being one of the ones I want to check out.
It's slightly warmer than the traveler but it's also a bit heavier. The traveler will likely work better as a quilt than this will work as a bag: I think maybe the traveler is still what I'd cop.
>>
>>706792
I did not mean to imply the quilt works with the base camp bags. I just meant that's another thing they have out now.
>>
>>706242
fuck that looks cozy
>>
I honestly don't know why I have a sleeping bag. Not once has it been nearly cold enough for me to actually stay inside the bag itself, instead of having it half-tossed over me.
>>
>>706214
I am 6'9 (209cm) and I need a sleeping bag, what should I do?
>>
>>706242
What do you wear inside it?
>>
>>706928
Enlightened equipment go up to 7'.
>>
>>706928
How do you even have time to sleep if youre swimming in pussy 24/7?
>>
>>706928
probably contact manufacturer and ask them if they would be able / willing to make bigger sizes.
>>
>>706214
I have the US military modular sleep system. Got the whole thing for $30. It's a lightweight bag and a cold weather that can go over it and rate it to -50 f.
>>
>>706928
I'm 6'8" and
>>707037
Works
>>
>>706264
>>706696
Well that bag would have been even cheaper if we didn't have people like this returning bullshit that's been used.
>>
>>707012
I am virgin.
>>
File: nemo bag.jpg (4 KB, 281x180) Image search: [Google]
nemo bag.jpg
4 KB, 281x180
Just bought Nemo Mezzo Loft Luxury 30 online. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>707052
What are you talking about I bought back my own bag... The same exact one I returned... And how would that affect prices of other goods??
>>
>>706408
They have silk liners which do the same thing and are warmer for much less weight. They're expensive though.

>>707037
The MSS bags are quite heavy for their level of warmth, and the -50 rating is an extreme rating while wearing a full cold weather clothing system, boots and all.
>>
>>707241
Well, yes...
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.