[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought this bug bivy on ebay for $32. I'm going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: bugbivy.jpg (263 KB, 1028x1028) Image search: [Google]
bugbivy.jpg
263 KB, 1028x1028
I just bought this bug bivy on ebay for $32. I'm going to match it up with my trekking poles and a nylon tarp if it rains. How did I do?
>>
you did great...
at being a useless attention whore faggot

sage
>>
>>671856
The ideal thing would be a tarp desinged to cover your bivy directly.
It would need a door, obviously.... And maybe we could keep some additional space protected from rain too...
I wish something like this existed on the market...
>>
File: msr.jpg (260 KB, 675x394) Image search: [Google]
msr.jpg
260 KB, 675x394
>>671856
dont settle for just any nylon tarp
>>
>>671856
Good thinking!

Hope it is a short run from the backyard to your mom's house, when the first little thunderstorm blows that shitshow down.
>>
File: tadpole2.jpg (275 KB, 676x451) Image search: [Google]
tadpole2.jpg
275 KB, 676x451
>>671898
OMG! You just described my Tadpole 2, bug mesh with bathtub floor and a perfectly fitting rain fly.
>>
>>671856
Why is everyone here so fucking negative? Op. You did fine, people sleep on the ground all the time, so this should be a bit better.
Question, it looks like the bottom is water resistant. Is it?
>>
>>671856
Op nice! Looking at the Mountain Hardware Nothing But Net and Hoop Dreams 4 for much more.

Nice kaiwai gf, too!
>>
>>671966
That is a stock photo you fucking moron.
>>
>>671960
Because he asked for opinions?

A traditional tent or hammock setup does everything this bivy + tarp does and more. Sure, if you are a fair weather 2 season camper it will work fine, but you are deluding yourself if you think is offers any advantage over a coleman tent that can be bought any day of the week at walmart.
>>
>>671856
I don't know, 720 grams? Seems pretty bulky for what you're getting.
>>
>>671976
I think that's like 10 pounds Canadian.
>>
>>671856
for 32 bucks not bad, is the floor a bathtub floor? I would pack something else if I was actually anticipating rain though
>>
>>671960
>Question, it looks like the bottom is water resistant. Is it?
Says it's waterproof on the ad but it's all fucked up Chinese translation.
>Kindly note: our waterproof specially refer to the waterproof of the backer material. Outter curtain does not perform so well. It's wiser choice to bring together umbrella or raincoat at rainy days.
>>671973
>A traditional tent or hammock setup does everything this bivy + tarp does and more.
Sure, if you have the money to shell out for a hammock that makes a bathtub floor on the ground and includes a bugnet and works for a belly sleeper.
>if you think is offers any advantage over...
You can use trekking poles instead of tent poles to save weight. You can see the stars when it's not raining. Condensation is not so much an issue. Offers same amount of protection from elements as a hammock but you can use it in the desert where there are no trees.
>>
>>672098
>can use trekking poles
Don't forget paracord
>>
>>671856
Mostly I /out/ innadesert. This would be great where the threat is bugs and snakes and not weather.
>>
File: IMAG0281.jpg (4 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0281.jpg
4 MB, 1520x2688
>>672108
>tfw sc/out/s who go innadesert only make up like 2% of the boards posters

I wish we had more threads about desert hiking/trekking, everyone on the board seems to live in nice deciduous forests with streams and trees and lakes instead of living in an arid desert with creosote, sotol, and snek
>>
>>672115
Have you ever considered moving?
>>
File: 1448513589558.jpg (8 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
1448513589558.jpg
8 KB, 220x250
>>672118
To do that I need to find work and get hired

And to do that I need marketable skills, which I lack in spades

Do you want me to strap on a job helmet and jump into a job cannon and shoot myself into job land where jobs grow on jobbies?
>>
>he doesn't use just a tarp, headnet, and smaller tarp as a groundsheet that doubles as rain protection while walking
>>
>>672128
Sounds like an excuse.
at 12 I started paper routes, 3 in AM, 2 in afternoon. Same basic route, just different papers
at 16 work in Grocery, no skills, they hire anyone, you just have to be clean and show up.
17 move to restaurants. Start as dishwasher, every kitchen job I took was promo'd within 1 week to 1 month. Simple, show up every day on time, do your job. Learn more than expected. Offer to help others.
19 was asst manager at night club. Same deal, took sandwich making job. within 2 months asst. Show up on time every day you're sched'd. Do your job correctly. Learned bartending by helping out when I was slow.
Now doing computers. Make 6 figures. Started entry level doing simple shit. Learn, learn learn. Do job, show up on time. Learn from colleagues.

Barely grad'd high school, not stupid, just was bored so didn't go most of the time.... and high.

Life isn't really that hard.
>>
>>672195
Yeah I started working when I was 13 years old too by bussing tables

But I can't get a job washing dishes at my godmothers own restaurant when she can hire a literal day laborer who crosses the bridge from Mexico to get paid $4/hr, you smarmy cuckold

>just conform to my Just World Theory brah
>if I did [x] then you can do [x] too brah
>even though there's no opportunities to do [x] anymore you're just making excuses if you point it out breh
>>
>>672195
Also I applied to Albertsons' twice and they rejected my application twice, even though I was clean and showed up. But grocery stores just hire anyone as long as you're clean and just show up right broccephus?

>If I did [x] then you can do [x] too and if not you're just making excuses you racist!
>>
>>672220
You must just be really weird

Or have too many felonies
>>
>>672220
yeah to get an actual job you need to apply at more than one place. you need to apply at like 50 places, preferably not the same place that already told you to get fucked. do you even know how the world actually works? or are you 15 years old?
>>
>>672195
Some people can't get jobs and are needs forever

Some people cant get girls and are virgins forever

I've been a neet for 3 years I have no hope for a job. But I have a qt gf I Fuck a lot and sometimes side hoes.
>>
>>672219
so more excuses.....
This is why you can't have nice things
>>
>>672226
No felonies. So if I'm "really weird" (so weird it precludes employment) don't tell me to get a job, shitbird.

>>672229
I've been applying for jobs for the past 3 years, you smarmy faggot. At least 20 a week.

And I've been working since I was 13 years old; I'm 23 now, cuckboy
>>
>>672372
Sounds like time to change your environment. There are bazillions of restaurants in the world. It is a job any able bodied person can get at any time.
>>
>>672372
oh, and do you have visible tats, or visible piercings, or gauges?

I have tat's and piercings, you'd just never know unless I chose for you to.
>>
>>672301
>legitimate reasons why one can't find employment
>excuses

Nice "this is why you can't have nice things" reddit meme btw, cucklet. If it wasn't for libshits like you voting for wetbacks coming in to take shitty jobs like dishwashing then maybe I wouldn't be making these excuses to offend your delicate liberal sensibilities
>>
>>672379
I don't have any of that stuff. I also "dress for success" at job interviews.

I know this board is populated with liberal progressive types who think that their life experience is a rule of thumb for everyone in this country, but some of us aren't as privileged as you Obama voting college intellectual types.

>>672374
I would change my environment if I had the money to move. At this point I might as well join the PD to harass liberal cucks like the retards ITT
>>
>>672195
It's 2016 you old fuck. Paper routes don't exist anymore and you aren't scamming anyone into your entry level computer job.
>>
>>672380
>can't have nice things" reddit meme
Been around since long before reddit existed so no, not meming....
It's really not difficult. I am one royally fucked up person. I'm asocial as fuck. I'm diagnosed.
Yet I succeed.

>>672387
>liberal progressive types who think that their life experience is a rule of thumb
Definitely not me, in fact that would be close to a full 180 of me.
>>
File: duplex_blue_l.jpg (315 KB, 857x660) Image search: [Google]
duplex_blue_l.jpg
315 KB, 857x660
>>671856
stake down that tarp well, and I think you have a winner. a 2 person tent for around.. 3 lbs once you include the tarp, and significantly less than what a commercial product with similar specs would cost.

don't listen to the naysayers, the same basic design is pretty common among ultralight shelters.
>>
>>672395
Telling you, it's a true story. I'm 52 and that is/was my life.
Don't really care if you believe.
>>
>>672400
OP here, thanks brah. One of my concerns in hind sight is how I can keep the rain out from the triangles of the A frame. Any ideas m8?
>>
>>672118
>Have you ever considered moving?
Hell no. I like it here. I'm 4-6 hours from BBNP, Albuquerque, Sipapu, Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe Mt NP, and less than an hour from Muleshoe NWR, I own a membership to a ranch club that offers easy /out/ for casual weekends and would be there now teaching my kid how to catch bass in the winter if I wasn't feeling like shit today, I own my own home with a for-real paid-off mortgage, I have a secure job, and I can eat breakfast at home and swim in the Gulf of Mexico before dark the same day if I want to.

>>672115
We get interesting rocks, insects that'll kill you or make you wish they had, sunstroke, snakes, dehydration, gila monsters, and jackrabbits. What more do you want?

>captcha: click the cactus
>>
File: gonna_need_a_bigger_tarp.jpg (204 KB, 653x436) Image search: [Google]
gonna_need_a_bigger_tarp.jpg
204 KB, 653x436
>>672468
>>
>>672468
Not him, but get a tarp longer than the bivy and fold the ends down like a milsurp pup tent. If you can't see it mentally from that description, just imagine how you do the end of a box when you're wrapping a present.
>>
>>672545
What about how the tent opens from the side instead of the A? Gonna need some more poles to make a awning or something. What have I done?
>>672544
lmao
>>
>>672556
Just leave the opening side further out from the center. Crude MS paint incoming in a minute.
>>
File: zing.jpg (248 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
zing.jpg
248 KB, 750x500
>>672556
get a tarp that doesn't rely on the "structural integrity" of the bivy
>>
File: tarpGoHere.jpg (524 KB, 1028x1028) Image search: [Google]
tarpGoHere.jpg
524 KB, 1028x1028
>>672558
Here.
>>
>>671969
> a stock img is the best I can do because I don't go /out/ and I am resentful because no kawai gf

Loser.
>>
>>672875
>I just bought this bug bivy on ebay
>I just bought this bug bivy
>I just bought this
>I just bought
>just bought
>Anonymous 01/22/16(Fri)
>>
>>672300
>>672372
>>672387

What is preventing you from joining military and learning a marketable skill(s) as well as stockpile a bit of $?
>>
>>672975
a 5150
>>
>>672991
They waive 5150's in most cases if your head is on straight now.
>>
File: large_37639_85691[1].jpg (43 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
large_37639_85691[1].jpg
43 KB, 400x247
>>672571
Yeah, or you know...
>>
>>673024
Riiiiiggghhht....
>>
>>671969
Wouldn't have been easier to lie and say that is your gf, than to admit you are ugly and too stupid to pitch your bugnet for oc pic?
>>
Why didn't u just buy a normal tent?
>>
>>671856
>How did I do?
>$32.

That's like the cost of 2 meals for average people. Should be fine.

>>672875
>>673269
WEW LADS
E
W

L
A
D
S
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.