[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 500x747
Alright sc/out/s, what kind of activities do you do to stay in shape for your (enter favorite outdoors activity here) season? What do you do in the off season? What are your goals conditioning wise?

My activities:
Hunting, camping, climbing, downhill sports.

Exercises:
Mostly cardio, some weights(trying to avoid the gym til February), and small amounts of body weight.

Off season:
Lots more running and some rugby. Most of the time I just watch my intake.

Goals:
Get back down to 10% body fat and be able to run constantly for 60 mins at 7mph.
>>
you should post more of her
>>
Lift weights, get swole, bout the only thing I can do with my shit genetics.
>>
I go to the gym, i like doing an incline on the treadmill and elliptical.
>>
>>670010
Not owning a car for the past 25 years has kept me /out/ and walking everyday

I'm the only person in my family that isn't fat
>>
File: Hot-Guys-Rock-Climbing.jpg (145 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Guys-Rock-Climbing.jpg
145 KB, 612x612
My activities:
Camping, urbex, moutin' biking, field recording/tography.

Exercises:
Bike, tree climbing, pushups, light lifting (dumbells)

Off season:
Jump rope, bike on the street when not too snowy, pushups, bidaily fappenstance

Goals:
Keep fit, keep heart healthy, keep mind healthy, keep my MS from going full paralysis mode

>>670018
close enough :]
>>
>>670024
>that
>hot

too zozzle
>>
Gym, bike riding, swimming tto. My area is all hippieish, sit here is a lot of places through out the city to bike ride, run, etc.
>>
File: 1439195708568.jpg (261 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439195708568.jpg
261 KB, 1000x1000
>Snowmobile
>Dirt bike
If the weather's shitty for one, it's probably decent for the other. KEeps me riding all year.
>>
>>670023
As a with no car it's interesting to observe my family who have cars.
Of course, having a car is objectively better. I'm not going to argue that it isn't.
But it's like... I want to go to the shops just down the road. I'll walk.
None of them would ever think to walk even if it's literally under ten minutes.
I want to go to the city. I'll take the train. None of them will take a train and they let it keep them from going to the city: they don't want to deal with the traffic or cost of parking.
>>
>>670117
Most of the people I see walking are pretty fat. Obviously you aren't one of those people, but I always wondered how, if you have to walk everywhere, can you still be a fatass?
>>
>>670010
I try to walk a lot, but I work an office job that takes up a lot of my time so my exercise regime consist mostly of me walking around the block at lunch time and all season trail hiking trips on the weekends.
>>
>>670024
Why do you have to be a faggot, anon?
>>
>>670147
don't be mean >:|
>>
>>670157
Fag
>>
File: despondent_pepe.jpg (81 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
despondent_pepe.jpg
81 KB, 400x387
>>670160
>>
>>670130
Because the idea that any activity=thinness is complete and total bullshit. Walking around hardly burns any calories, our bodies are adapted to use some of the most energy efficient locomotion possible. How fat you are depends almost entirely on diet. Unless you are honest to goodness athlete in serious training material you are not exercising enough to have a significant caloric deficit as compared to how much you can lose by just cutting out a few cans of soda and a bag of chips from your daily diet.
>>
>>670163
The human body cannot be reduced to simple physics without including metabolism, the energy needed to digest foods, the fact that calorie counts are inherently inaccurate, the miscibility of foods, the absorption of foods, genetic factors, etc.

>walk to work
>walk to lunch
>walk home
>walk to store
>walk home
>walk to visit friends
>walk home
vs
>go to gym and walk on treadmill for a long time

The calorie expenditures, as written, might be the same, but these are 2 very different things
In the first example, the walkers metabolism is raised several throughout the day, and when metabolism goes up, it takes a while to go down
The second example has one spike of activity for the entire day
You don't have to take the integral of these graphs to figure out who is going to burn more calories total
This is something that is not accounted for in the simplistic view of X exercise for Y minutes = Z calories.

Sure this can be negated by stuffing one's face with garbage, but walking all day long should not be so quickly dismissed, especially since it helps circulate lymph
>>
>>670157
Sorry anon, I didn't knew you were so sensible. I guess being homossexual fits you right. No hard feelings, to each their own, right? ;-P
>>
>>670187
While that may be true, if a simplification is fairly accurate why not use it? For instance while it is true the specific gut microfauna a person has will decide a persons absorption and digestion pattern, we can still use general rules that apply to most everybody to measure their general level of functioning and energy inpuit/output. And since it's generally found that variable metabolic considerations are not a huge deciding factor, while there indeed may be a difference, it's questionable if the difference is large enough to be the difference between a low body fat and a high one. I personally doubt it would be.
>>
File: 18_file-52c9ab83e5b25-71.png (1 MB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
18_file-52c9ab83e5b25-71.png
1 MB, 714x1000
>>
>>670130
My favourite example of this is people who go to the gym, don't lose weight then complain that its genetics or some other bullshit that keep them from losing weight.

Yes, exercising will use energy. Yes, you need to eat to give your body energy. The thing is, a lot of people have such shitty eating habits that the minimal exercise they do will not negate what they shoved in their gaping maw.

Also, some people like a "treat" for going to the gym. Like a reward. Just because you walked on that treadmill and burned 200 calories doesn't mean you earned that heart attack known as mcdonalds.

I want people to lose weight, i want to see people become the person of their dreams. But i get so fucking angry when i see someone neglect their own self to point that a normal daily task becomes a chore.
>>
File: h6ex2KA.jpg (660 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
h6ex2KA.jpg
660 KB, 1000x1294
>>
>>670204
This. So much this. There's a girl at work who will roll her chair to the fax machine from her desk. The fax is literally on the other side of her desk against the wall. Out of curiosity one day I counted the steps it would take her one way.
10 steps.
10 fucking steps one way.
The lazy cuntrag can't walk 20 steps to get a piece of paper.
But hey, she drinks Coke zero. So, that helps. Right?
>>
>>670231
Hey fuck you buddy, rolling around in chairs is fun as fuck.
>>
>>670234
For you
>>
>>670249
If you had fun for once would you die?
>>
>>670254
> being fat and lazy is fun
>>
Current activities:
Hunting, hiking
Want to get into rock climbing soon too, and maybe mountaineering one day.

I've always lifted, but then I got into powerlifting and got fat because I was too caught up in getting stronger I didn't want to lose muh gainz from under eating. Now I'm more concerned with fitness to do the things I enjoy, so more cardio now and circuit training for my resistance work.

I don't really have an off season for either of my /out/ activities because stalking sambar is year round here, and the weather goes from 40C in summer to -2C in winter but as long as you gear accordingly it's fine any day.

Goal:
Start climbing, do longer/multi day hikes, lose more weight, get as fit as I can be. I'm not overly worried about the aesthetic thing, I'd be happy around 15% bf, just hate what I let myself become.
>>
>>670261
>what I let myself become.

At least you're not blaming it on your genes. Good on you anon. Hope you reach your goals.
>>
>>670259
Your a bad guy.
>>
>>670270
Cheers m80. I'm almost halfway there after 2 months, so hopefully another 2-3 months and I'll be back down to where I want to be
>>
>>670196
All calorie counts are off by at least 15%, some maybe 40%, up OR down, depending on the food, and they do not account for the cost of digesting the food.
So a food might be high in calories, but actually yield way less because it takes more energy to break down.
This is one of the many reasons soda is so bad; it costs so little to digest

>decide to get scientific about backpacking food
>make spreadsheet of calorie counts, macros, and weight
>sunflower seeds is the winner in calories/gm
>leave the trailhead with lots of sunflower seeds and brotein powder
>shit my pants on the second day
>stop eating brotein powder
>first good solid poop
>tons of undigested sunflower seed bits
Calorie counts are significantly flawed in the way they are determined. My body is not a bomb calorimeter and I don’t combust sunflower seeds to completion
The calorie counts for exercise are similarly flawed.

Sure use guidelines, it’s all we have, but you really need to figure out what works best for you through trial and error.
>>
>>670324
>Calorie counts for exercises are similarly flawed
I am going to have to disagree, measurements of cellular respiration are very unlikely to be inaccurate and they can and have been used to establish calorie expenditure given how much work is being done.
>>
>>670231
Well of course! If she drinks coke zero then that negates the rest of her eating habits and laziness
>>
>>670354
In the lab, by measuring oxygen expenditure, sure
But extrapolating these few measurements to all people all the time is not accurate.
>>
>>670204
Come on over to /fit/.
You'll fit right in with us.
Wait. You do like dicks, right? Like all kinds of rock hard, veiny dicks? Cool. Yeah, come kick it. We have fun.
>>
File: asdfghjk.jpg (5 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
asdfghjk.jpg
5 MB, 4752x3168
>>670010

My activities:
Climbing, hiking, wakeboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding

Exercises:
Cardio and weights at the gym

Off season:
when is off season? Riding by bike to the office? Taking the stairs up to 4 floors? Short sprint up the stairs instead of taking the escalator?

Goals:
Stay in shape as I am. Try new things like fixed rope, mountain climbing.

>>670187
It is all about metabolism, so move a lot and even eat and drink a lot. It helps keeping your metabolism up and working.
>>
>>670010
You look like a pretty fit chick to me. wouldddefinitelydo/10

At 10% bf you would not look good.
>>
File: 1453332286424.png (2 MB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
1453332286424.png
2 MB, 1000x714
>>670198
better
>>
So hot but I would never want her touching my dick with those callous riddled hands.
Any nudes that can be posted on /s/ ?
>>
>>670208
is she trying for a stable position to descend? I don't see a way to go higher up that wall
>>
Activities:
Backpacking, rock climbing
Exercises:
Weights and climbing 3x a week each. 2-3 months before backpacking, i start doing serious cardio.
>>
>>671587
there's always a way to go higher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsK4PUsX0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfI626NTfaY
>>
>>670010
>>670147
>>670195
>>670198
>>670208
>>671015

New fetish acquired.
>>
>>673788
I could stare at
>>670010
all day long
>>
Historical Fencing, Muay Thai, Jogging and not nearly as much weightlifting as I used to.

Also long walks.
>>
Walk at least 2 hours every week day
Swimming on weekends if I feel like it. That's about it really. Seems to do me fine. Always prefers veggies and lean meat/fish and hated soda and such so diets never really been a problwm
>>
>>673766
how did they fall that far without breaking their feet?
>>
>>673796
and you're not the only one. she has a 10/10 body with a pretty face. Plus she almost certainly has muscular legs, which would be awesome to tap and ride.
>>
>>670010
>>670023
>>670024
>>670071
>>670108
>>670137
>>670261
>>670568
>>671597
>>674294
>>674295

Can any of you please post some body shots?
Just to get a look at our /out demographic and to gauge which pastimes produce which physiques.

I do running and hiking, as well as fairly regular physical work in the bush. Looking to get into climbing. While not /out it's gymnastics.
>>
>>670117
>I'll take the train
Where I live you need a vehicle or at least a bicycle to effectively get around. Too many miles to walk.
>>
File: L_sit_rings_520.jpg (18 KB, 520x354) Image search: [Google]
L_sit_rings_520.jpg
18 KB, 520x354
>>675038
>While not /out it's gymnastics
?
this is gymnastics
>>
>>675232
yup.
>>
>no qt bouldering euro champion gf
>>
File: tumblr_lli79jW2NE1qkslq3o1_1280.jpg (269 KB, 990x675) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lli79jW2NE1qkslq3o1_1280.jpg
269 KB, 990x675
>>675843
you could keep some of that chalk next to the bed >:]
>>
File: WP_20150901_10_45_17_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150901_10_45_17_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3072x1728
My fav out thing to do is long distance hunting hikes. So I walk maybe 100 - 150 km and have quite heavy gear with me. About 35 kilos in total because of the guns and shit. Pic related.

Carrying this is hard work. During off season I mostly do deadlift, squat and OHP. Strong core and shoulders are the most important muscles imo.
>>
>>675038
seconded
>>
>>670198
>>670195

>Hot girls in FiveTens

damn
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.