[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stealth camping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
What's up /out/! So I have some questions on stealth camping/ wilderness backpacking in general. What are some of your stories? Helpful hints? Anything? I'm stationed on Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, and I drove 5 hours to Hanging Rock state park. I paid for a campsite then set up a fake tent and just went about 2km into the woods, but wound up still being found, I didn't make a fire or anything. So really just anything would help.

Pic is on top of hanging rock.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Hanging rock.
>>
Go to a National Forest, you don't need to pay for a campsite you can camp just about anywhere.
>>
>>653548
Oh hell yeah! You got any pictures from your travels?
>>
I thought the point of stealth camping was to camp free and not getting caught. What's wrong with you Nigger?
>>
>>653592
That's why I need all the information I can dude!
>>
>>653543
OP you need to visit a national forest. State parks have beefed up over the last few years with the ridiculous prices, day passes, rangers etc
You can do whatever the fuck you want in the national forests for however long you want
See the thing about stealth is, you go where the cops are, theyre gonna find you
Best way to get out of paying at a state park is to get your ass up and out before they come by to collect fees in the morning. Wake up a bit before sunrise and just leave. Don't stay multiple days.
You can camp pretty much anywhere else, just leave state parks alone.
If you've got specific questions, I'm a serial camper, been hopping trains, hitching, gas juggin, livin /out/ for almost 4 years straight now, the whole time i've gotten 2 trespassing tickets for being where i shouldn't, ama
>>
>>653617
I get out of the Marine Corps in a year and a half and I decided the whole year after I get out I'll be hitching rides and hopping trains and seeing as much of this country as I can before starting school. I mean I don't really know what I need to know to be sneaky. That's part of the adventure for me, but it would be cool to know a thing or two before going out. You have any good books or websites you can refer me to?
>>
>>653617
Also all the national forest are about three to four hours away from me what would I do with my vehicle since most parking lots usually say no overnight parking. Should I just park off the side of the road and head inna woods?
>>
>>653685
Not unless you want someone to smash your windows in/slash tires.
If your going to park somewhere do it on a dirt road not near any major roadways.
>>
>>653673
>>653685
nice. i'd post some more now but don't have time. i'll check the thread every day or so and see if i can answer any questions.
you can always leave your car at a walmart overnight. otherwise, just find a pull off somewhere. it's usually not super hard to find a place to leave it, you'll get the hang of it. just try to think outside the box. having a car can be a huge pain in the ass, you tend to get tied to it. keep in mind you can just park in some random residential and walk off. nothing ever happened to the car i had, never really had to leave it anywhere fucked up.
depending on how developed your area is you could always find a creek/small wooded area in town. i always used to try real hard to find somewhere secluded, now i just say fuck it and sleep wherever people cant see me, even if it's just under a bush on the side of the road. you'll have plenty of time for that when youre hitching though. as far as trains go without getting too far into it, look up routes online, look up tunnels, i try to never go on trains with tunnels. tunnels fucking suck. 6 kids were riding from portland up to seattle and their train went through a long tunnel, they all died breathless in the dark. if you do ever go through one, remember this because itll save your life. always bring a towel and water. bandana/scarf or something around your neck, you wanna get it soaked asap and over your mouth, then hold your breath as much as you can. its a really fucked situation to be in when you're not expecting it. and if you talk to train kids, don't let them know you're green. i just met some newfag kid that got the brakes beat off him for lying and bragging about hopping. not too many are out to get you, but some definitely are. don't hop with anyone you don't trust 100%, people get thrown off a train and they're just fuckin gone man. get a dog. i have a chow. no one will fuck with you if they think your dog will eat em.
>>
>>653750
Fuck man......Everytime I pass the train tunnel by tacoma narrows I'm gonna get the willies now.
>>
>>653549
Fuck off park ranger.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.