[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TAXIDERMY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: deerbear.jpg (95 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
deerbear.jpg
95 KB, 600x802
I'm considering getting into taxidermy, but I'm not sure where to begin. I've cleaned game before, but I've never skinned an animal with the intention of having it mounted. Those of you who have experience tell me what I need to consider before jumping in. Is it worth it? Is it ridiculous hard?
>>
File: taxidermy2.jpg (30 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
taxidermy2.jpg
30 KB, 500x344
using a robin or just a bird is the best to start with.
i think theres quite some information about it with small birds, theres used to be taxidermy spot close to my home, but it was a temporary thing.

goodluck
>>
File: laughingcheatah.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
laughingcheatah.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>653533
Around here, there are a few little taxidermy shops and they seem to always have business. I think for a deer it's around 200 or 300 dollars. Maybe more. If I dabble into this stuff, I'll probably start with some kind of small bird but I'd like to be able to mount fish and deer eventually.

That coyote made me kek.
>>
>>653484

Where can I purchase a BuckBear?
>>
File: taxidermy1.jpg (98 KB, 1025x632) Image search: [Google]
taxidermy1.jpg
98 KB, 1025x632
>>653552

with fish you just repaint the fish and needs to be injected with with shit so it won't shrink and dry.

fish are hardcore
>>
>>654221
They seriously are. Whenever someone says fishing is cruel, I feel compelled to remind them that fish eat each other alive everyday.
>>
File: 20151230_023107.jpg (967 KB, 1536x2560) Image search: [Google]
20151230_023107.jpg
967 KB, 1536x2560
i'm frome franc and have some animals at my home, like this badger, you should begin with a bird it's easier, just put some borax in when you skin, you can easily find some tutorials
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.