[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone connected with their inner self, either through nature,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Has anyone connected with their inner self, either through nature, through meditation, through lucid dream, or through euphoric experiences. What are they like, do you discover who you are?
>>
Have you discovered*
>>
File: getting_deep.jpg (264 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
getting_deep.jpg
264 KB, 960x540
>>712435
>>
The 'inner self' is bullshit. It's just consciousness, ego and perception. All this stuff has a mystic cultural hippy filter over the top of it which makes it seem like crap. Makes me cringe how pretentious it is sometimes because the core is very important. Just take the time to sit in silence for a while and understand who you are and what your place is in this existence. Spirituality is not about shrooms and peyote and dancing around at festivals. Obfuscating your senses and fucking with your perception is the exact opposite of discovering who you are. Not saying you do this shit OP, I just know a lot of dumbass people who behave like this thinking they're so free and deep then end up miserable because their 'spirituality' was teaspoon shallow.

For my part I don't often feel safe and happy in my life but a few times I've spent walking through forests on my own or sitting quietly by a river I feel so at peace I cry and can't stop smiling. It's nice. I also like to think I know myself pretty well, which is important. I don't quite want to die right now, but I'm at peace with the idea of death. Being outside, growing plants, spending time with animals and making things are pretty much the only things that give me any comfort. That's about all that matters to me right now when it comes to 'discovering myself'.
>>
>>712588
This.

If by 'inner self' you mean the serene confidence and tranquil clarity that comes with living closer to the nature of reality, then maybe.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.