[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Belts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
Can we talk belts?

I recently found that my GM seat-belt is starting to fall apart at the clip, so I decided it is time to get something good. Since I am always camping, biking, hunting, paint-balling, I figure I should ask what you guys use. I could go ahead and get any old leather belt, but I thought I would see if you guys have anything that you really like, or that you know is really good. I am the kind of person who likes to buy things once, so I will spend a bit. I was looking at the blackhawk belts, they make a really good rigger one so if I don't get feedback I will just buy one of these. Also, do you guys ever use smaller pouches for EDC items which attach to your belt? If so, how are they and what do you use....

thanks!
>>
>>647713

Right now I'm using a belt from tactical tailor. Got some sturdy nylon, some velcro, nice buckle. Good and stiff.

I carry usually a glock 19, with a AIWB kydex holster. Got a spare mag and a Leatherman wave on my belt too.

Every thing else usually goes into my pockets.

My friend has used a lot of the black hawk belts, he loves them. He kinda like batman with his belt. Keys, phone, pistol, small fixed blade, etc, etc.

/k/ would be a good place for this conversation. We are always having gear threads, a lot of belts are always talked about.
>>
>>647728
I also got one of these coming in, for when I do shooting competition, shit like that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3zjnrPhkw
>>
>>647713
Used to carry a leather belt, the buckle got in the way and the thing was a bit heavy.

I now use a nylon belt very similar to in the picture. So far I love it, only a few bucks on ebay but it's very sturdy.

Only downside to nylon is I cannot use it to strop my knife.
>>
>>647713
i have just used one of those 500 kg cargo straps for the last couple of years, it has easily outlasted any kind of conventional belts i've owned
>>
For my holding my pants I use my old BSA belt.
For holding my stuff I just use a cheap D-ring belt I found at goodwill.
Wear it up on my waist over my shirt to hold my knife and gun. That way I can take it off/on quickly.
>>
File: 71dAbX9yJeL._SL1500_.jpg (221 KB, 1000x977) Image search: [Google]
71dAbX9yJeL._SL1500_.jpg
221 KB, 1000x977
>>647728
Thanks man, i keep finding interesting ones online....i really want one i can have for a long time. I tried to look in stores, but i did not find what i was looking for
>>
>>647713
I have exactly those on the picture. Only thing i can say is that they are sturdy as fuck, though, if you are small in size the velcro does not grip on as much surface area.
>>
>>647713
>>647958
>keeps posting weight-rated belts
Are you looking for a life-safety device or just a pants-and-stuff-holder?
>>
>>648188
could I say both to a degree?
>>
File: kevlar-smokejumper-belt-3.jpg (344 KB, 630x487) Image search: [Google]
kevlar-smokejumper-belt-3.jpg
344 KB, 630x487
>>648198
Of course!

For something weight rated and pants-holding, you can't go wrong with a nylon rigger's belt. I prefer the ones with the Cobra buckle, but to each his own. What's nice about these belts is that they all have to be made to a standard, so name-brand priority can take a back seat to price priority.

For something a little less conspicuous go for a smokejumper belt. They're still weight rated, but thinner and generally made of Kevlar instead of nylon - and the buckle is very low-profile.

Pic related is a smokejumper belt
>>
File: tipping-intensifies.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
tipping-intensifies.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>647728
>>647769
>carrying a belt knife
>carrying a gun
Why so many chilluns on this board?
>>
>>648204
how about the ones in OPs pic? Arent those kind of the best of both worlds? Just curious
>>
>>648215
OP's pic is a nylon rigger's belt without the cobra buckle. I prefer the cobra buckle because it's got a quick-release mechanism. If you get snagged on the belt you can just unclip it and keep moving, but all rigger's belts are made to hold the same weight and withstand the same stresses and elements. I own one like OP's pic and use it for general innawoods tomfoolery.

If anything I'd say the smokejumper belts are the best of both worlds. They're weight-rated AND heat resistant, plus the thinner strap and low-profile buckle keeps from drawing unwanted attention.
>>
File: jervenbeltet.jpg (95 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
jervenbeltet.jpg
95 KB, 720x720
Keepin' it simple
>>
>>648221
Heat resistant you say....I am guessing that is for using it for sliding or something?

Thanks for your help
>>
>>648226
>Heat resistant you say....I am guessing that is for using it for sliding or something?
Heat resistance is a property of Kevlar. Most personal escape ropes made today use Kevlar, keeping in mind most people want to escape form a building due to fire.

For this case, the smokejumper belt uses Kevlar because of the smokejumper's job description. A smokejumper rappels from helicopter into the middle of a burning forest to assess damage and make containment suggestions. They NEED that heat resistance!
>>
>>648206

Cause for my job, I go into a lot of random ppl houses. In the 22 yrs I have been working my job as a plumber, I've had to draw my side arm twice. The knife doesn't need any explanation. ...unless you're some basement dweller who never leaves his house, or has never had a real job before.
>>
>>648236
story on the side arm draw please.....

and yea, >>648206 is trolling
>>
>>648239
First time was in Cali about 17 yrs ago. I was on a work site doing some Mario shit. Ran out to the truck to grab some tools...some dark skin gentleman came up and was on the other side of my cab. He was doing small talk and looking around. After a few seconds he pulled out a knife and demanded my truck....Seeing as he was on the other side of the cab, would of either had to jump the truck or do a giant C around the truck to get to me. I use that time to draw my pistol and scare him off.

Another time was a few yrs ago. Went and did an estimate and got the green light for the job. Come back the scheduled day to work, brought my apprentice. We got into it and found there was a bigger problem, could not do the job for the estimate we fave him. He got pissed and told us were doing the job and for the price I told him. Apprentice try to walk pass him to leave, the guy grabbed him and slammed him onto the ground. I decided then that the guy was not joking. Draw ed my pistol, got my apprentice up, we both gtfo and called the cops once away.
>>
>>648247
nice...good on ya man. What state do you live in?
>>
File: BH_41CQ00_belts_front.jpg (114 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
BH_41CQ00_belts_front.jpg
114 KB, 700x700
>>648147
I hope you're not repelling with your, cause that's some china knock off.
>>
>>648252

Live in WA state now. Loved the Cali weather, don't care much about a lot of laws there. Plus seem like no matter where I went, I was always seeing a lot of gang activity. Did not want my family around all that, so we moved here.
>>
File: repel_100_pump_402000_73430big.jpg (566 KB, 741x1217) Image search: [Google]
repel_100_pump_402000_73430big.jpg
566 KB, 741x1217
>>648254
>repelling
No belt short of a flea collar will help with repelling.
>>
>>648206
> referring to a fixed blade knife as a "belt knife"
> thinking they aren't necessary
Boy Scouts of America detected
>>
>>647713
They're awesome, but they do rust. Ive used them for a long time, sturdy as fuck, just loud as fuck when you gotta take a shit
>>
I use suspenders but if I use a belt a 2" toolbelt works for me.
>>
>>648257
rappelling
>>
>>648257
>No belt short of a flea collar will help with repelling.

Incorrect. Something like >>648204 is excellent female-repellant.
>>
>>647713
i have a blackhawk riggers. pretty sturdy, holds up(hehe) well with everyday use. the furniture has developed superficial rust
>>
>>648692
Any woman who makes her social choices based on pant-holders is a petty cunt.
>>
Been pretty happy with this belt. Keeps my CC in place but has very sticky noisy velcro even after two years of daily wear.

>http://www.thewilderness.com/tactical-belts/original-instructor-belt/
>>
I have pic related, adventure belt from Arcade Belt company. It's not very good for attaching stuff to it. like a gun or heavy knife, even my Leatherman wave was a bit heavy for it.

But for general wear, it's awesome. It's light, and is elastic so it doesn't bind up when you're really moving around.

I like mine so much I might buy another.
>>
File: 1450491810416487587740.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1450491810416487587740.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
I have a real one pic related.

If anyone reading this wants it... Pay for shipping to you and its yours. Im a skinny bro. Its too big for me. Not really fond of it anyway the buckle weighs like 1lb. And I dont do any sort of rigging or climbing.
>>
>>647713
Op listen to me

DULUTH TRADING CO

I bought a belt from there when I was 19 and starting a real job and I am now 23 and still wearing the same belt I bought from them 4 years ago. I've never owned something so high quality that lasted and help up for this long.
>>
>>649188
kek. didn't know they sold belts. went on their website. ALL THE BAD PHOTOSHOP FILTERS. omfg. its so bad.

but the bigger kek.
Men's Smuggler Belt* Belt for hiding your weed.
>>
>>648692
>filtering out superficial bitches and gold-diggers
That's not a bug, it's a feature.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.