[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caveman Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: baby-deer-wallpaper-11.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
baby-deer-wallpaper-11.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1200
I want to get on a caveman diet... like hunting and gathering, primitive style. I have my reasons to believe that modern processed foods aren't that great for you, and traditional agriculture doesn't really strike my fancy.

What would be the best way of going about this be?
>>
>>800118

By being alive circa 10,000BC
>>
This is a joke right? Before we even formed civilization we farmed.
Average Calorie intake needed 2k
Foraging for your food 500 more daily.
2.5k so far per day.
2.5x365 912,500 1 pound of beef is 1,134 calories
912,500 divide by 1134 804 pounds of beef.
1 deer will produce roughly 200 pounds worth of meat.
4 deer are needed per year to sustain you.
Legal harvest of deer in Canada 1-2 per year depending.
Conclusion op you are fucking retarded.
I myself live in BF nowhere and fish, hunt and raise chickens/turkeys/ducks/a goat/ horses/rabbits and I barely produce enough food for myself.
My average calorie intake per day is around 3500, my chickens eggs are around 250. Just do the math. Primitive living can be done as a hobby but a realistic living no it can't.
Trapper for 8 years
Hunter with bow and rifle for 16 years.
TLDR OP is a retard
>>
>no agriculture

Gonna die
>>
>>800119
/thread
>>
>>800132
It's your own fault that you don't have 5 more chickens. You could get 3 months worth of food in one day. Don't kid yourself "trapper".

Get a lot of salt, OP.
>>
Look up caveman keto. Its basically the natural human diet with the exception its based on a modern lifestyle so natural honey and sugars arnt encouraged
>>
>>800133
Why?

>>800135
Why?

>>800136
>salt
What?

Oh, I get it. you mean for preservation. Well I hoped to move somewhere northerly so it might not be necessary, but probably still a good thing. I'm looking to be completely self sufficient.. just a mind exercise to see if such a thing is even possible nowadays, I guess.

>>800132
So because in your circumstances you couldn't feed yourself... there's no way people in other circumstances could feed themselves.

Maybe the legal harvest in your area is lower than other areas. Alaska for example has a separate management of "subsistence" hunting, which I gather lets you pretty much catch as many deer as you want as long as it doesn't threaten the population.

>>800137
My problem with modern equivalents is
1. lack of independence/self reliance
2. animals raised on a farm aren't going to be as tough or well fed as wild animals
3. If I want a job to pay for this, I need to be somewhere central, and in central farms I don't know how polluted they are
>>
>>800136
I have 12 chickens, 10 ducks, 4 turkeys, 1 goat, 1 horse, had 24 rabbits but I knocked them back down to 12. I raise the chickens for my family same with the rabbits. Why the comment with "trapper"?
>>
>>800140
Here I can legally take all the animals I want as long as I have the tag for it. Normally I get 1 moose, 1 deer and 1 elk. I send the elk to my mother.
Last years harvest:
1x Deer,Moose,Elk and 1 dead caribou which I saw get hit by a car.
>>
>>800140
>1. lack of independence/self reliance
>2. animals raised on a farm aren't going to be as tough or well fed as wild animals
>3. If I want a job to pay for this, I need to be somewhere central, and in central farms I don't know how polluted they are

Caveman keto is basically just a recipes for the siet you want, uts up to you to provide the ingredients.

If you are dead set on hunting turkeys with a spear and a loin cloth its on you, but every point above can be countered with more research in holistic ranching/farming and especially permaculture practices.
>>
>>800158
Clearly you don't have a good enough system.
>>
> what ev...

I lived the paleo diet, aka caveman diet, aka hunter-gather diet for 3 years strictly.

Still tend to, just not as strictly.
>>
>>800161
That's cool, where is that? And how do you hunt?

>>800165
Yeah, I know. I used to idly fantasize about starting a permaculture farm somewhere, after I read about peak oil and modern geopolitics and figured Washington DC isn't a great place to live. But now if I ever get around to it I think I'd rather become a hunter. Ever since we stopped hunting our dental health has been deteriorating, and I suspect that that also applies to other aspects of our health. And also I "holistically" believe that wild game is more healthy than even free range livestock, because the wild game has its "freedom", so I guess it would be as physiologically healthy compared to livestock as a free man is to a slave.

>>800193
How'd you manage it?
>>
>>800132
>mfw tiny manlet
>mfw only need 1.5k per day to maintain muscle and weight even when physically active.
I have no problem sustaining myself on fishing and hunting, plus foraging/raiding berry patches and fruit trees in fall, and fresh greens in spring. Note, I'm in rural Norway. Most I've done is 6-7 months at a time though, but I'm planning on going full innawoods mode when I hit 30-33 (depends on when I can get my hands on land). If you have bunnies you can live well. I don't understand how you can struggle with that, plus your other animals. It's all about planning and maintaining a surplus of calories available from your resources. Why only keep 12-24 rabbits if you can have 36 and get surplus meat. If you get tired of rabbit, exchange some meat with your local farmers for milk or produce. You can get variation and even if you can't get an exchange going, having more dead bunnies in the freezer (or as dried meat) is a way to secure yourself for the future months.
>>
>>800118
I wish you good luck. Any vegetables that have grown without pesticides are going to be better than those grown with, and animals that haven't been farmed are going to be better than animals that have been farmed because they eat fresh, natural foods, exercise and generally have a healthier and higher quality of life.
>>
>>800207
I have 2 dogs to feed plus a family that I give alot of food away too. My mother is older and can't do what I do.
>>
>>800207
>Clearly has not eaten rabbit jerky.
>>
>>800205
>Peak oil

You got jewed by environmentalists. Serves you right for believing a theory discredited 20 years ago
>>
>>800205
> manage

Fucking google paleo diet and read Cordain.
>>
>>800212
Bugs won't eat organic food, but you choose it
>>
>>800230
Nod really. If the easily accessible reserves in the US already dried up in just a century, so too will the harder to access reserves.
>>
>>800224
Respect. We all live different.

>>800228
Rabbit jerky lasts forever and taste good if you make it right. Try making it with chinese spice blends.
>>
>>800236
You read the book and you still don't even understand their retarded theory
>>
>OP wants to live like Homo Neanderthalensis
>Homo Neanderthalensis went extinct
>OP confirmed Homo
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.