[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have an /out/ best friend? That one guy you always go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1440784120104.jpg (535 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440784120104.jpg
535 KB, 1920x1080
Do you have an /out/ best friend? That one guy you always go hiking/hunting/fishing/whatever with?

Tell me about that guy.
>>
>>632841
I have a good friend that I go hiking with. We share the interest of finishing all the 'famous' European trails.

The best part about it is knowing how your partner likes to hike. I've hiked with people that talked too much, people that took to many pictures, people that took too many breaks. Inexperienced people that forgot gear, etc.. It's annoying and kinda breaks the mood for me.

My bro and I just hike. There are no negative vibes. We don't talk that much, but there are no awkward silences at all. Once you've done a few tough trips together, you trancend the need to constantly talk. We can have periods (hours) of silence during a hard climb, then tlak about Game of Thrones theories while we take a break on the summit.

I know his limits and he knows mine.

It's also really easy to pitch idea's. If I find out about a new long distance trail, I can instantly tell that he would love doing it.

but no homo though
>>
Used to always go /out/ with my father.
Fishing. Hikig. Canoeing etc
Until he decided to stop talking to me
Now I mostly go /out / alone, and I have no issue with it,
Though while I'm only 19. I ice fish and sometimes go out saltwater fishing. With a hand full of guys who are all 65-85 years old. And I fit in just fine
>>
>>633015
I can contribute physically. To what were. Doing. And. In return they help by giving me knowledge. It works great, I pull the sleds while ice fishing, and il help them move their deer stands. Etc. Even though I don't hunt
>>
>>632841
Yep, name is Laura, and we're in love.
>>
Not one exclusive but if im out its usually with one or more of the same 8 people. Im still in college though ao friends are still a plenty

My gf is also pretty outdoorsy but we dnt have much chance of going out often
>>
That guy is a grill.
>>
>>633015
Same, my dad is who I go hiking with most often times than not. We're so similar that its just enjoyable going with him. Tried to make a few out buddies for fishing or camping, but everyone always makes excuses not to go, mainly last minute. So I normally go alone
whyd your dad stop talking to you if I may ask?
>>
>>633021
Enjoy that feeling when you find out she has been cu'cking you unmercifiul all over town.
>>
>>633052
He just did, he and my mom were never together. And I lived with my mother they didn't get along, when I was 17? He just stopped
Recently got a letter from him wanting to get back in touch but I'm hesitant

Most people my age in my state aren't interested in the outdoors. And those who do. Tend to be wanabee rednecks. That would rather smoke and drink. And drive their trucks than go fishing or kayaking

And a few friends I made who were /out/ doorsey in highschool all went away to college
>>
>>633062
16. My bad
>>
>>633053
>Y.y..your gf is a whore
Not really
>>
My uncle, he was the one that introducced me to this type of things
>>
>>632841

Yeap. My best friend of 26 yrs (I'm only 32 btw, so not that old) even when I lived states away for a few yrs, we'd still get together once a summer, do a month long camping trip in Alaska. We would not be camping the entire time. We'd spend at least a week total in town, so we can try out foods, beers, etc.

My friend passed away a few months a go..so this coming summer will be the first time I don't have him for the trip :'(
>>
File: 1439359032632.jpg (102 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1439359032632.jpg
102 KB, 600x500
I go camping in the woods of north Georgia every summer and winter with my trap best friend. Been tradition ever since we were 14 (I'm 24 now).
>>
>>633257
> over 30
> not that old

Kek
>>
>>633042
Me to, I got a broad that loves gem hunting.
>>
>>633289
You would be surprised how many old farts are on this board anon.
Youngsters are still the minority here.
>>
I'd imagine lots of hobby-related forums have lots of young guys and old guys.
You've probably heard the story about the guy whose married friends all stop drinking with him: that would kinda go for other hobbies too, right?

A lot of adult men would be busy with jobs and families and the ones that don't have that or simply continue to indulge in their hobbies probably do not have anyone irl to talk to about them.
>>
>>633278
>trap best friend
where do I get one of those?
>>
>>633322
If I called mine a broad she'd probably stab me, and rightly so, but we both love to hike. I think her BF likes it that I get her out of his hair for a while, he even drives us out to the trailhead.
>>
>>632841
Yeah, he's imaginary.
>>
Met in middle school and after beating the shit out of each other several times realized we had a ton in common. Started with us hiking and hunting a local canyon, today we backpack the Sierras and are planning a thru hike of the PCT. Still go back to that first canyon every now and then.
>>
>>633324
if you think the average age on any board is over 30 you're deluded
>>
I either go with my wife or a friend, or solo.

My wife isn't as athletic as me and struggles with longer distances or more physically demanding carry loads or difficult trails. She likes being out and overnighting but doesn't like to getting worn out doing so. She also has a fear of heights so has a difficult time even on moderately steep scree.

My friend is pretty similar to me in terms of athletics, but we don't get to go out as much as I would like because we both have jobs, and frankly he has more friends than I do so he shares his time among them. He also doesn't like overnighting that much in general and has never agreed to do an overnight winter trip, which means adventures are usually limited to day scrambles/hikes/climbs or the like.

Meaning, if scrambling/climbing is involved I go with my friend or solo. If overnighting is involved, I go with my wife or solo. As I have gained more experience and ambition I am moving towards more solo trips.
>>
>>633554
my gf likes getting out but it must be with minimal load or preferably i carry everything easy terrain and no camping whatsoever let alone night stays.

so i started going out alone.
>>
>>633289

30 is not that old. I'm prob in better shape than you too.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.