[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trekking poles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: CWX_8436_small.jpg (33 KB, 293x441) Image search: [Google]
CWX_8436_small.jpg
33 KB, 293x441
Going down hill makes my knees hurt and I have a history of knee problems. Thinking about getting some trekking poles.

How much should I spend? Most of them seem absurdly expensive. Is there really any difference besides spending an extra hundred dollars to lose 20 grams of weight?
>>
>>792166
Would a sturdy branch from the woods suffice?
>>
>>792166
>an extra hundred dollars to lose 20 grams of weight?

That is the difference, apart from some really low end ones that are just poorly constructed and can't hold any weight.

Look for ones that have cam style locks rather than twist locks, and if you have a store near you where you can see which grip fits your hand best do that also. If not, buy ones with thick cork grips and shape to your liking.

And my wife had the same complaint you do and poles made it go away. She actually hikes with just one unless we are doing something with a lot of elevation change.
>>
>>792187
How cheap is too cheap?
>>
Black diamond trek lite trekking poles. Should be about 55.00. Flick lock. Dont buy twist loxk, all fail eventually but you can easily radjust flick lock in the field.
>>
I use a one piece aluminum. On my second rubber foot. It will never break.

I love it.
>>
>>792166
ski poles go for like $20. just get the right size
>>
Considered knee braces?
>>
>>792212
Not while hiking but I've tried soft braces for workouts. Honestly, had better luck with kt tape.
>>
>>792166
You don't need to spend $100+ on poles.

The ones they sell at Costco are actually pretty good and they go for about $27.

You can also get a good pair of basic Black Diamond or REI poles for $40-50 if you shop the sales. I'd get ones with lever locks rather than twist locks, and cork handles are nice but not necessary.
>>
>>792166
I got a pole she can use. In her asshole. God damn I'd anal her all night
>>
>>792428
You would fuck a dude in a wig, so calm down.
>>
>>792432

that would be pretty hot. he would be some kind of boygirl.
>>
>>792207
Second the ski poles
>>
>>792166
buy one cheap aluminium pole - way more practical than two and the cost/weight savings for the CF/Ti ones are hardly worth it.

my 10£ pole has done me 2 years still going strong.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CK5JHY/
Yay or nay?
What mistake will I be making if I get these? 50 bucks, couldn't find much cheaper for flip locks.
>>
>>792570
> some kind of boygirl

How fucking old are you, 12?
>>
I do /out/ photography so like to take my monopod with me; could that suffice for a pole?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.