[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some help from my CO bros. Anyone been to Clear Creek south
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1461079588625.png (121 KB, 1066x1010) Image search: [Google]
1461079588625.png
121 KB, 1066x1010
Need some help from my CO bros. Anyone been to Clear Creek south of Leadville before? I need to know how common bears are out there this time of year so I know how to handle my food and shit. Going car camping because of my little brother but I don't want a bear bashing in my windows to get some food.
>>
>>790971
Just tie your food in a bag high up in a tree.

also come to Utah because we're better.
>>
>>790971
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>790971
Leadville here.

the last bear attack we had was a few years back at Twin Lakes, somewhat north of there. It was in the fall though. Starving bear went into a sleeping kid's tent and gnawed his leg.

Bears are relatively common in that area. You're not likely to see one unless you leave food or dirty dishes/trash out though.

Also they're just waking up atm, so they're hungry little fucks. I've never heard of them trying to get into a car, so if that's your plan you're fine.

if you camp outside the car just hang your food, trash and dishes. Preferably not next to your damn tent. Also no eating in the tent.
>>
>>791467
You fuck off, my family has been here for over a hundred years.

>>791494
Yeah we'll be cooking and eating and such a ways from the campsite, I just wanted to know if storing the food inside my car would be sufficient or if I really needed to hang a bear bag.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 992x558
>>791875
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 634x471
>>791878
>>
>>791875
>my family has been here for over a hundred years

In america this gives you no special claim whatsoever
None, thats the whole point of this country
>>
>>791875
>You fuck off, my family has been here for over a hundred years.
And you don't know how to camp in bear country?
>>
>>791936
I was asking if Clear Creek even is bear country, not how to do it. I normally camp around San Isabel which I know has bears and other places that don't like eastern half of the state.

>>791929
You're not familiar with the "we're full" meme for CO are you? We've had a shit ton of fuck sticks from Texas and California in the last fifteen years or so.
>>
>>792058
Everywhere in Colorado west of I-25 is bear country.
>>
>>792058
>We've had a shit ton of fuck sticks from Texas and California in the last fifteen years or so.

They have as much right to those mountains as you do anon.
>>
>>792060
Fair enough. It's surprisingly hard to find solid and current info on their habitats from what searches I did.
>>
>>792063
>They have as much right to those mountains as you do anon.
Not when they trash the fuck out of them they don't. The Texans are worse about fucking up the land but I'd still rather have that than those damn califags trying to take our guns all the time. You can't even shoot on National Forest land in Boulder anymore because of them.
>>
>>792063
The hell they do. Texans are obnoxious and can't drive and Californians apparently love Colorado so much that they're constantly trying to turn it into California - gun control, anti-hunting culture, DUDE WEED LMAO, importing third-worlders, the works. Large chunks of Denver look like fucking Sweden thanks to all of the Kebabs and africans they've imported recently and we're still trying to un-fuck our gun laws.
>>
>>792073
Californians have quite correctly realized the only problem with Colorado is all the Coloradans.

If I were you I'd move to Alabama post haste, before California takes that over too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.