[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Etiquette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: dog-attack.jpg (37 KB, 641x361) Image search: [Google]
dog-attack.jpg
37 KB, 641x361
Let's talk about dogs, ITT.

Just had a fresh encounter while coming down a 10 mile Mt. pass. As I was about a mile or so away from where I parked my car, at the end of the hike, this big black dog charged up the trail at me. It didn't stop and start barking like some dogs will do, it just charge right at me, stood up and started barking in my face. Dog's mouth was full of foam, and I had no idea whether it was rabid or just chewing on shit all day. It seemed odd though for anybody to start walking up this trail at 3:00PM however, that's pretty late in the day.

Anyway, as soon as I put my arm up to the dog's neck to back it away from me, the fucker grabbed onto me and started trying to jerk me left and right. I instinctively reached for my glock 17 and tried to aim at it's chest. I was exhausted, and as soon as I got a clear shot and was about to pull the trigger, I saw it's owners about a half mile away casually jogging around the pass to us.

So I just awkwardly stood there, with this dog biting my arm, tearing up my sleeve, until it's owners could catch up to it. Every other dog I had encountered was fine, friendly, happy, alongside their owner, except this cunt.

As soon as the jogging couple finally got to me, they chuckled, "Haha, sorry about that, cmon Bucky" or whatever that dumbass cunt dogs name was, meanwhile my arm was thrashed and sleeve ripped to shit, and they went on their way, not even realizing that I almost shot the fucker.

I realize it's unrealistic to leash a dog when you're jogging/cycling a trail, but letting your dog approach strangers half a mile away from you is a disaster.

>My questions to /out/
-What do *you* do when you encounter hostile dogs in these situations?
-Is there any dog armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?
-Do you carry? Would you have drawn on a unknown dog that had no master in site?
-Did I overreact or underreact to this situation?
-What should I do in the future?
>>
>>622532
>-What do *you* do when you encounter hostile dogs in these situations?
Magdump
>-Is there any dog armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?
Anything above 9mm
>-Do you carry? Would you have drawn on a unknown dog that had no master in site?
I would draw on an attacking dog regardless of owners presence
>-Did I overreact or underreact to this situation?
You hesitated. Don't do that
>-What should I do in the future?
Magdump dog, reload, magdump owner
>>
File: visible confusion.jpg (46 KB, 434x516) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.jpg
46 KB, 434x516
>>622540
>magdump owner
Yeah, that's uh, that's great advice anon, thanks.
>>
>>622549
Well obviously don't stick around
>>
I own a dog and as soon as I see somebody coming I put his leash back on. But then nothing pisses me off when other dog owners don't do this. They say "he's friendly" then I say well I'm not.
>>
>-Is there any dog armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?

I wrap my arms with these, cost about $60. Designed for paramedic/hospital/police. Apparently people tend to bite quite a bit, and those bites lead to serious infections a majority of the time, so they offer products like these.

I bought anti-snake bite guards for my ankles, and those worked quite well, so I found some anti-bite guards for my wrists as well.

They're designed for human bites, but it says on their site that they will withstand dog bites as well.
>>
I'll never forget this one time I was walking my dog and thought i was far enough away to take her off leash. She is a good dog and even if we saw people or another dog I would have plenty of time to call her over and put the leash on. Not a wanderer by any means either.

But there was this little girl who was hiking with her sister and older brother or something and just seeing the dog off the leash made her really anxious and angry, she told me to put my dog on the leash so i did, even though Zoe was tired and doing nothing but panting and standing by me.

What struck me was that I had no idea people could be that afraid of dogs, especially when they arent acting aggressive or even showing interest and I realized I was wrong for not putting her on leash as soon as I saw people. That little girl probably had a traumatic experience with a dog but either way you can never expect people to treat your animals the way you do, so it's best to keep them close until you know the person is cool or move on with leash on.

If i was in your position op I would have made them pay for the coat or call the police because that dog is out of control and those people obviously need a reality check.
>>
Please don't punish dogs for shitty owners. Rabid dogs are a whole other issue but in most other cases, pumping a dog full of lead is incredibly stupid and ruthless.

I've encountered some pretty insane dogs while hiking and I dealt with it by being disarming and friendly with the dog. Hopefully you've been around dogs your whole life and you don't shit yourself at the sight of a chihuahua. If you stay relaxed and don't get amped up, it's pretty easy to calm the dog down by just patting it a bit and not freaking out. Don't get overly excited and friendly yourself though, otherwise the dog might get even more pumped up.

You overreacted for sure. If your sleeve was actually torn up, then you should've pointed it out to the dog owners, who should've immediately apologized profusely. If not, then that's grounds for a lawsuit.

The dog owners were retarded and they deserve 100% of the blame. Remember, dogs are domesticated, not docile, not wild. There are no shitty dogs, just shitty owners and unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that sometimes. Killing an innocent dog won't fix anything.
>>
>>622637
>Killing an innocent dog won't fix anything.

If it prevents you from getting viciously mauled, yes, it does fix something.

Dogs kill more people every year than Great White Sharks.
>>
>>622637
>Please don't punish dogs for shitty owners.
So if the dogs owner is a POS and it reflects in the dogs behavior shouldn't we then punish the dog owners parents for raising an asshole who can't take care of a dog?
>>
>>622532
I train my dog, he has a happy disposition and doesn't stray from my side unless I give him commands to chase small game.

fuck people who don't train their dogs.
>>
>>622649
>>622649
>Doge kill more people every year than Great White Sharks.

This thread is now about Great White Shark bites.

My questions [sic] to /out/

What do *you* do when **you** encounter hostile sharks in these situations?

Should I include ***more*** asterisks for dramatic effect?

Is it affect or effect? (Actually I know).

Is there any shark armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?

Do you carry? Would you have drawn on a unknown shark that had candygram in site [sic]?

Did I overreact or underreact or nonreact or reactivity to this situation?

What should I do in the past?
>>
File: yup.jpg (620 KB, 1711x1284) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
620 KB, 1711x1284
>>622747
slow,, FAT, friends.
,,failing that,, just rise slowly outof the water and tiptoe gently toshore.
>>
>>622761

.. and if no shark, what will hornless unicorn say me with magical land of many dry ditch and fence of little monies?
>>
I carry a thick walking stick and smash the fuck out of dogs that run at me unleashed barking. I'm not taking chances just because some asshole isn't responsible with their dog. I love dogs, but I don't feel bad about it.
>>
File: 1443537148839.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443537148839.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>622532
ITT shit that never happened
>>
A dog charging at me in a less than friendly manner without a leash, without anyone within five feet of the dog, is getting mag dumped.

/story
>>
>>622532
>I realize it's unrealistic to leash a dog when you're jogging/cycling a trail
Why? It seems pretty realistic to me and quite easy to do.
>>
Hey /out/, what is the best way to scare away dogs?

I'm a bicycle tourer and often even the most docile dogs go batshit insane when seeing a bike. I thought maybe pepper spray would help, but I don't want to hurt the dog. Any ideas?
>>
>>622532
You should have stopped them ask asked that they pay for your jacket. You underreacted. If it were me I would have shot that dog as soon as he bit me.

Also, you have the wrong approach to dogs. Don't grab the neck. You've got to work the dog's own instincts/behavior in your favor. I've found raising your arms above, standing your ground, and when they dog doesn't back down from that you have to yell. And I mean somewhere between a growl and a yell telling the dog "NO" and "GET THE FUCK BACK" or whatever you choose. IF that doesn't work the dog is getting kicked in the face before I shoot it. Standing your ground and yelling are matters of who is the alpha. Most dogs will back down to a person towering over them. When they don't it's time to kill them. Raising your arms makes you suddenly appear bigger which is normally frightening to them.
>>
>>622532
I fucking hate stupid ass dog owners that let their giant ass dogs run wild.

You should've pumped that dogs ass full of lead OP. Especially since the owners didn't even say sorry.
>>
>>622532
Kicking them in face usual does the trick, not that I have any other option, can't carry guns here.
>>
>>622835
Pussy.
They don't make dogs so big or scary that I can't take them down with virtually no risk of harm to myself. Also it seems that most hiking buddy dogs are medium small to medium sized.
>>
>>622588

My guess is that she has a phobia.
>>
>>622637
>Killing an innocent dog won't fix anything.

It would fix the owner.
>>
>>622532
I dont really believe your story. Even if the story is true, you are an idiot for putting your hand in front of a barking dogs face. You just keep walking without showing fear and kick it if it gets too close. You are a pussy. You cant even fend off a domesticated animal without resorting to using a gun. This is why most gunowners are pussies; they look for reasons to use their gun when they dont have to.
>>
>>623014
Im with this guy. Where im from people arent retarded enough to let a dog that would attack someone for no reason off leash.

Also if u cant fend off a dog without a weapon then your pretty weak. Unless it was one of those russian bear dog fuckers a swift kick or push would keep it at bay until its owners caught up
>>
>>622571
Has a snake attacked you while wearing your anti-snake bite guards? Are they worth it?
>>
>>623014
>people in new and dangerous situations must act perfectly!

Fuck you man. He didn't even shoot the dog. Some people didn't have dogs around them growing up, and so they have less of a working knowledge of how they tick. He didn't behave perfectly, but did nothing that would cause a properly trained dog to attack anyone.

Next time it might be a little kid on the trail who gets their arm torn to bits and a fear of dogs for the rest of their life. The biggest mistake he made was not shooting a "domesticated" animal that showed it was perfectly capable of attacking a human with very little or no provocation.
>>
>>622901
nice, i really don't think people have a right to fucking shoot dogs before they try everything else.
try to dissuade the dog, kick it smack it if it's not convinced then shoot it.
not just "o my god that dog looks scary *magdump intensifies*"
>>
>>623014
i ran into a dog as i came down a hill it was 3am i was surprised wtf the dog does there it had no collar no owner in sight.
i was like "hello dogy we are not gonna have a problem are we?"
dog walks past me then suddenly maybe caught my scent and starts to act tough.
i'm like turn around and "excuse me sir!?" then he shut the fuck up and we all went our separate ways.
i didn't even reach for my belt knife i was a bit annoyed tho that a fucking mutt tries to impress me in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>623137
It's more like
>This animal just attacked me and is capable of causing serious injury or death to me. My life is more valuable, so I must regrettably shoot it

And
>If this dog gets away, it will probably do the same to someone else who may be much younger or older than me and be easily maimed or killed by the encounter

A dog that attacks humans without aa very good reason (unprovoked attack of dog or owner, intruder into property it has been trained to protect, for example) is a walking hazard and liability and most places in the world will mandate that such a dog be put down anyway.
>>
Douche move op. Should have shot it. now some poor kid will get bitten and its all your fault.

I've had to shoot two dogs while out hiking just for charging me aggressively. Thank god for leash laws you get off Scott free and as a bonus the owner cried like a bitch
>>
>>623155
one day you will get shot tho you self entitled little bitch
for reasons
>>
>>623161
>entitled

Yep. Entitled not to be bitten by dogs or their faggot owners. Maybe I will get shot but until then I will remove as many shitty dogs and their owners as Allah will permit. PBUH
>>
>>623102
There are discrepancies in the story. I dont believe it actually happened. He says he "put his arm up to the dogs neck to push it away"..how the fuck do you do that without either being a midget or fighting off a six foot tall dog. Did op get on his knees to push the dog sway? The dog was chewing on his arm and instead of immediately kicking it he unholstered a pistol and "waited for a clear shot". The story is made up, it is bullshit
>>
>>623165
aborting all people like you would make the world a safer place
>>
>>623169
the proper term is "autistic work of fiction" anon
>>
File: cinturon_4.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cinturon_4.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
Just take out your belt and hit the dog with the buckle
>>
>>622532
I had to pepper spray a threatening dog once. Dog owners are ALWAYS clueless and fail to control their animal.

Remember, if you get injured, you can't sue a dog, but it's owners are another story. File a police report for documentation and take pics of injuries.
>>
>>623169
That fact that OP hasn't responded at all pretty much confirms it's fake as far as I'm concerned.
>>
Just appear alpha.
>>
File: what-really-happened.gif (2 MB, 353x207) Image search: [Google]
what-really-happened.gif
2 MB, 353x207
>>622532
>>622829
>>623014
>>
>>622532
Obvious troll is obvious

Nonetheless, if someone shoots my dog I will murder them without question. Now my dog stays on a leash and would never bite anyone, but he is big and potentially scary.

Still, kill him and I will have to kill you. Just like if my son tried to rob you or beat you up and you shot him - it doesn't even matter who is in the right at that point. Revenge is pretty black and white.
>>
>>623250
>Just like if my son tried to rob you or beat you up and you shot him

If my son was such a scumbag that'd he'd attack random strangers for no reason I'd thank the guy that put him down.
>>
>>622532
fake and gay
>>
>>623250
>Now my dog stays on a leash

Then you're not part of the problem. Stop being a tough guy faggot. You wouldn't go to prison for murder no matter how much you love your dog.
>>
File: 22oped-popup.jpg (838 KB, 923x1230) Image search: [Google]
22oped-popup.jpg
838 KB, 923x1230
>>623250
so when they strap you in the gurney and inject poison into your veins you'll be thinking about how important that revenge was
>>
I would kick the dog in the face if that fails, gauge his eyes out and then body slam it.
>>
>>623289
I'm sure that would be easy when you're getting bitten and your flesh is being torn off the bone
>>
File: 1442524522037.jpg (126 KB, 512x513) Image search: [Google]
1442524522037.jpg
126 KB, 512x513
>>622571
Nigga, please tell me you work for animal control or something.

How often do you get bit by fucking snakes to buy fucking bite guards? Are you retarded or just accident prone? both?
>>
>>622890
put ice tires on your bicycle

or lace your shoes with barbed wire
>>
>>622532
>So I just awkwardly stood there, with this dog biting my arm, tearing up my sleeve, until it's owners could catch up to it.
I wouldn't have waited but I hope you got ID and pressed charges. Its owners have failed it and it needs to be destroyed. It is demonstrably a danger to others without provocation. It will hurt someone else.
>-Is there any dog arm guard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?
9mm, you were carrying it.

I can't really believe it was content just to thrash around on your arm or that you would let it though.

>>623041
>>623371
I wear snake gaiters when I'm hunting on the desert side. They're warmer than necessary and entirely precautionary but worth the piece of mind that time of year. I haven't even been bit but I have definitely startled snakes before and once it gets colder they don't seem to make near as much warning noise. Sometimes drunkenly striking and missing without warning.

>>622890
Think of it this way anon, the pepper spray doesn't hurt them, they hurt themselves.
That's capsaicin science nigger, look it up. Inflammation occurs because the nerves think they are hurting but that is the only potential for tissue damage. Dogs love to chase but if they're ballsy enough to get close enough to nip, especially with you just rolling down the public road and commanding them to fuck off, fuck em. If you're worried, maybe use foam instead of spray so their dipshit owners can tell they got sprayed with something.
>>
I know this isn't the right thread but I am desperately in love with the Swedish elkhound (Jämthund) only problem is that I live in America and cannot find any puppies for sale. I will be forever in debt to the anon that helps me find where to buy one
>>
Gunfags are so desperate to shoot something that they make up scenarios where they get to shoot something
>>
File: Hammer.jpg (29 KB, 475x200) Image search: [Google]
Hammer.jpg
29 KB, 475x200
>>623465
When all you have is a hammer errthing looks like a nail.
>>
>>622532
this will rile a lot of /out/ ers, sorry, that's life.
If the thread is bait, fuck yourself.

Kick the mother fucking attacking dog in the throat, end of story. I've yet to see a dog not back down when I've taken an alpha "yell at it" stance but I would not hesitate to take it out.

It's unleashed, untrained, attacking. Easy decision.

Otherwise dogs are great when they are someone else's. I don't need a barking shit machine. I like to be able to up and go on a whim. Dogs require you taking them or leaving them and arranging care.
>>
>>623465
>didn't shoot something
>made up scenario where you get to shoot something
Pick one ya dingus
>>
>>622532
what the fuck kind of dog was it? fuck, if it was my dog, your arm would be broken and torn to shreds.(mastiff) you're lucky it was just your clothes. also, what i would do is beat the shit out of my dog for attacking someone or straying that far.
>>
File: CatKickingDog.jpg (19 KB, 639x530) Image search: [Google]
CatKickingDog.jpg
19 KB, 639x530
Jogger here. If your dog comes within range I will kick it. The base of my shoe in the snout. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

I can not tell the difference between a friendly dog and a shit dog. Therefore I assume all dogs are shit. An owner telling me otherwise does not change the situation.
>>
File: 3858_11850_24829.jpg (18 KB, 300x261) Image search: [Google]
3858_11850_24829.jpg
18 KB, 300x261
>>623535
I'm 6'4 and work as security, if you touch my dog I will beat you half to death
>>622532
For all you none-psychopaths/edgyboys, do you think its okey to keep your dog unleashed if you have a mouth guard for the dog?

I jog at places where most of the time, noone is around. Lets reach a conclusive answer
>>
File: jaIFBJb.jpg (59 KB, 1024x545) Image search: [Google]
jaIFBJb.jpg
59 KB, 1024x545
>tfw my dog is well-behaved off leash and avoids getting into touching range of strangers but I have to leash her just about everywhere because cunts like OPs
>>
I haven't had any dogs attack me, but I've seen and heard of dumb as shit owners walking dogs on dog-free walking trails. Pretty annoying when you have a mentally impaired person who is scared of them walking with you.
>>
>>623553
>my dog is well behaved but I have to keep it on a leash in case it runs at someone half a mile away, well out of my control, barking and snarling, then bites them when they freak out

Sure thing buddy, shitty dog owners are like shitty parents, theirs is always "well behaved" and a "good boy" who dindu nuffin. If your dog was well behaved then it wouldn't do what OP described and if you were a good owner you wouldn't let it get that far away.

OP was morally and legally OK to shoot that dog, and he didn't when he saw the owners out of some kind of decency, and somehow he's the problem? Get a grip.

Every time we have a thread about this kind of thing on /out/, there's always the kind of people who seem to think that the burden of safety lies on the person encountering the dog and not the owner. If your dog is such a pathetically trained animal that something as simple as what OP did is enough to cause it to bite then you have no business owning one.

These people will make excuses, saying things like "you're an idiot, everyone knows not to do that! You know nothing about dogs! Stop being a beta!" This is fucking stupid, because
a. not everyone grew up around dogs, and so many people do not understand how the body language works
b. often these people are under stress, due to the fact that a large predatory animal is running at them threateningly
c. it disregards children and people of smaller stature
d. it does not work for all dogs, especially poorly trained ones
e. it assumes that the dog will respond properly to an unknown human
f. if it doesn't work, you've let the dog get you in a very dangerous position

My biggest fear is c, because kids are very easily killed by what would normally be considered a small dog. If your dog is going to do what OP described to an adult, then what do you think it would do to a scared, irrational child in the time it takes for their parents to come to the rescue?
>>
>>623540
I don't work security. If your dog touches me I will break it's neck.
You're a pussy if you need a dog to do your job for you.
>>
I've got this half chessie, half lab that I want to do out doors stuff with. I would never let him off leash because I actually care about my dog.

But then i remembered I want to fetch with him off docks and stuff. I don't hunt, but all this four month old puppy wants to do is fetch, all day long, so I'm at a loss about how to have safe outdoor fun times.
>>
>>622532
My cousin was jogging and rounded a blind corner where a sorority girl had let her dog off the leash. The dog big him and he had to go to the hospital for stitches, antibiotics a a tetanus shot. When he later confronted her with the the $1000+ hospital bill she claimed that he could have been a rapist so the dog wasn't at fault and she had no financial responsibility. He sued her and won for payment of hospital bills, pain and suffering, loss of wages and legal fees. Mainly out of spite since she was in irresponsible, entitled cunt. Well over 10k in the end.
There was also a court petition to put the dog down but I don't know what became of that.

Moral of story: no one cares about your dog except you. No one trusts it except you. They can and are unpredictable despite them being your 'buddy'. Anyone is within their right to defend themselves against a potential or actual attack.
>>
>>623540
Honest question, can't you jog with a dog on leash? Never had a dog, but looking to get one soon, have always wondered if it'd be difficult to do so
>>
>all these idiots who hate guns and gun owners
>on an outdoor board

What the hell is wrong with you people?

And anybody here who would attack someone for defending themselves against a dog is a violent psychopath who needs help. if your dog gets shot for biting someone unprovoked it deserved it and there is no moral or rational way for you to claim otherwise.
>>
>>623596
This. I hate all these fags saying they'd kill someone for defending themselves against an aggressive dog, enjoy life in jail or being killed along side your dog.
>>
>>623137
>o my god that dog looks scary
No it's "Oh my god this dog is attacking me after dissuading it, therefore I am going to eliminate the threat" You didn't read my post.
>>
>>623540
>unleashed if you have a mouth guard
I use a remote controlled electric collar(it also does vibrate and sound). I have full control of my dog without a leash when I run her. She's also VERY aware that humans are alpha to her because I've trained her as such. This is the main problem with dogs that are aggressive outside of their own property. I understand a dog being frightened, because my dog still does this without rhyme or reason. Generally she's friendly, but if she doesn't feel comfortable with someone she runs AWAY from them. She's never shown aggression toward people or dogs, she just doesn't let some people pet her. She's also 2.
>>
>>623540
>>623553
If you are on public property, your dog goes on a leash, end of story. There is literally no defense against this.
>>
>>623553
>being prepared to defend yourself makes you a cunt

Its a good thing not all dog owners are as stupid as you.
>>
I don't hate dogs at all but dog owners can be cunts.

What i hate most is when you have to go into someones house and they have a dog. The dog is barking and growling at you, visibly pissed, and the owner is like "Oh don't mind Billy he's harmless!". Yeah right, it wants me dead.

The worst was when I had to help a neighbor who had locked themselves out. They wanted me to climb through a tiny window into the kitchen and unlock the door from the inside. I did it of course, but they had a dog, sat in the kitchen, barking at me like crazy for climbing through the window. The owner was saying it's fine and not serious. The Dog didn't attack but I'm pretty sure the only reason it didnt was because it was an old dog, about 13. It was a big rottweiler, i think I'd have been fucked if it was younger.

Can dog owners please take it more seriously that while their dog may be loving to them it isn't to everyone?
>>
>>623651
Dog hater here. I don't care how friendly your dog is. I don't want to pet it and I don't want it touching me. I will never feel comfortable around dogs and I don't care to be.
>>
>>622532
Here's what I would do (I work at a dog kennel and break up dog fights on a weekly basis)
First when you see the dog charging you don't stand there, be ready to knee the dog in the chest as he is running towards you. If he is still after you and hasn't went into submission shove you hand own it's throat then pull your hand out and bear hug the dog until the owner comes.
That is what I would have done
>>
>>623535
So do you just go around kicking dogs in the face?
I'm surprised no one has beaten the shit out of you yet lol
>implying this isn't b8
>>
>>623659
He was clearly talking about dogs that chase him while he's running you retard.
>>
>>623660
Dogs will naturally chase you by instinct and it is easy to tell if they are being friendly or not, don't be stupid and pay attention to body language
Is everybody so afraid for their life that they beat the shit out of every possible threat?
It's a dog. A FUCKING DOG
DOGS ARENT THAT HARD TO HANDLE /OUT/
>>
>>623662
If I'm in a public place, dogs should be on leashes, end of story. As a runner I have no problem giving a poorly trained dog a quick kick with my heel if he's getting to close to me.
>>
>>623662
Oh look, its this stupid argument again.

Most people have little if any understand of dog body language, why does this continue to shock you people.

No better than the people who think a dog is somehow easy to stop and not a threat to an adult human despite the obvious fact they do injure or kill people.
>>
>>623670
I've also noticed that the most irresponsible owners tend to go for the largest and most potentially dangerous breeds.
>>
>>622532

-What do *you* do when you encounter hostile dogs in these situations?
> Yell, look big, throw rocks, etc. If that doesn't work, I have pepper spray and a G19.
-Is there any dog armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?
> No idea, but if a dog bites me I will shoot it.
-Do you carry? Would you have drawn on a unknown dog that had no master in site?
> Yes and yes. In your situation, I would have shot the dog.
> You should have shot the dog.
> Shoot the dog.
>>
>>622588
>She is a good dog
But EVERYBODY says this about their own dog.
you just don't get it.
>>
>>623540

Sounds like you might be bringing your fists to a gun fight.
>>
>>622637
>You overreacted for sure.
You're an ass--this guy was mauled by a dog and you're blaming HIM? I'll bet you blame women for being raped because of their dress.
>>
>>623687
Nah he gets it now. Read the second paragraph:

>What struck me was that I had no idea people could be that afraid of dogs, especially when they arent acting aggressive or even showing interest and I realized I was wrong for not putting her on leash as soon as I saw people.
>>
Turn and run. Dogs run much slower than people on account of their short legs, and get tired quicker because less lung capacity.

If you are tired from already jogging or if you're a smoker, then you can psych the dog out by looking it right in the eyes, baring your teeth and bringing your face close to the dog's to intimidate it. Growl loudly as well and tell it you will eat it's babies. If you have a penis, waggle it in the dog's face for extra humiliation to help break the dog's spirit.
>>
>>623694
Forget all that. Nothing demonstrates dominance like a good old fashioned body slam.
>>
>>623703
In case I wasn't clear, that was a joke. Every piece of advice in that post is a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>623706
I know. I was just deploying the ebin body slam /out/ meme.
>>
>>623706
>in local news a mans penis was eaten by a dog after he made use of advice he found on the internet
>>
>>623631
i read it, that's why i said nice
i like people who are not pussies
>>
>>623690
>mfw i have to put my dick in pants
>even tho i have perfect control of my dick
>because fags like you, i can't let it free
>even tho he is very well behaved
>never raped anyone
>>
>>623759
I think you're on my side, but you come across as the opposite initially.
>>
>>622637
>calm the dog down by just patting it a bit
I can't believe no one has commented on this part.

>dog is biting someone in the arm
>"JUST PAT HIS HEAD TO CALM IT DOWN"
>>
>>622532
>What do *you* do when you encounter hostile dogs in these situations?
The normal procedure of trying to get on top of the dog then sitting on it while holding its ears. Then see if I can spot its owners.
[spoiler]if I couldn't see any owners I'd take my knife out, depending on the distance to the truck I might wrap it in a tarp, throw it in the back and call animal control.[/spoiler]

>Do you carry? Would you have drawn on a unknown dog that had no master in site?
See above. I'd rather not waste a bullet unless I couldn't sit on the dog.

>Did I overreact or underreact to this situation?
You underreacted. Not saying you should've shot the dog but its owners deserved a lecture.

>What should I do in the future?
Idk, same as me I guess?
>>
OP, whoever said to magdump the dog is a retard.

DO NOT shoot the dog. If the owner hears, he will be on his guard, weapon drawn. If he sees you first you're dead. Either stab the dog or choke it, place its corpse so it's easily visible, hide in the bushes.

Once the owner approaches the corpse, aim your gun at them, tell them to strip, if they do, tell them to turn around, approach them, and slit their throat.

If they do not strip, shoot them.

Remember, only shoot when there's no other option. Silence is your friend.
>>
File: 1392172712424.jpg (72 KB, 750x768) Image search: [Google]
1392172712424.jpg
72 KB, 750x768
>>623798
How fucking dumb are you? Do you really think two OC/CC'ers, one that happens to own a agressive dog, are gonna run into each other on the trail? And then the person happens to be dumb enough to let it off it's leash?

I really hope this is bait, murdering someone because there dog was a bit too jumpy.

And what after? Just leave? Yeah nah eat shit nigger
>>
>>623596
Unless you're hunting, you dont need a gun. People try to find excuses to use their gun because they hop on any chance they can to play cowboy. I.e. george zimmerman, darren wilson, that cop in south carolina, everybody who posts on /k/, people who condone shooting domesticated animals, etc...
>>
>>623806
Enjoy dying.
>>
>>623812
Maybe if you're a scrawny defenseless cripple you'll die. Other wise, all you need are two fists, two legs, and a brain.
>>
>>623812
I'll make sure to remember that when I shoot a vicious dog and his owner starts shooting at me thanks
>>623815
Pretty much this, for both the dog and the guy but I doubt you'd get trouble from either
>>
Get yourself a highpowered rifle and a thermal scope to pick off dogs/dog owning families. It can also be worth investing in your own predator drone station to clear hostile life in a much wider radius. Having said that the only guaranteed defence is a pre-emptive nuclear strike, so don't forget to dirty bomb anywhere you plan to be /out/ a few days before setting off.
>>
>>623806
>I really hope this is bait, murdering someone because there dog was a bit too jumpy
nah man it's what any reasonable person should do
>>
>>623838
nah any reasonable person would take one hard look at the dog and the dog would gtfo
>>
>>623807
If Zimmerman did not have a gun he would have been beaten to death, would you prefer that?

And domesticated animals kill people every day. But you apparently think its just fine for people to not train their dogs and cause injuries/deaths.
>>
File: nothing_personnel.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
nothing_personnel.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>623798
>>
>>623825
inb4 someone claims they need protection from packs of murderous hobos while camping.
>>
The best thing to do is act like a dog. That will through the dog off. Show your teeth and growl like your alpha. Don't back down and don't look away. Use the word NO with a very deep tone and hope for the best. Sorry to here about that.
>>
>>623014
>>623019
OP here

>keep it at bay until its owners caught up

That's exactly what I did, but I didn't see any owners in site. It's irresponsible to let your dog run off and attack people.
>>
>>623014
>they look for reasons to use their gun when they dont have to.

this was a perfectly reasonable time for him to utilize his weapon, and he chose not to

so you're wrong, and also a faggot
>>
File: dog-jumping.jpg (117 KB, 450x520) Image search: [Google]
dog-jumping.jpg
117 KB, 450x520
>>623169
>>623217
I just got back home from last time I posted this, I'm responding now.

>He says he "put his arm up to the dogs neck to push it away"..how the fuck do you do that without either being a midget or fighting off a six foot tall dog

Did you read what I wrote? It stood up and was barking in my face. It was a long enough dog to stand on it's hind legs, put its paws on me, and bark in my face.
>>
>>623807
Well said. Whites should never fight back or try to defend themselves because if they do they are racist. Better to lie down with your cheeks spread and be enriched by the descendants of King Tut.
>>
>>622939
are you fucking serious?

you wouldnt last a single fucking second against a vicious pitbull

what are you gonna do punch the fucking dog? lmao
>>
>>623807
>people who condone shooting domesticated animals

You can't trust animals ever, there's so many cases of families with dogs that maul their child to death because they thought it was harmless and 'friendly'.

Why would you even care for a furry shitmachine in the first place?
>>
>>623899
Fair enough. So did you seriously not say anything further to the owners? I can't believe you didn't immediately start screaming at them.
>>
>>623250
>Still, kill him and I will have to kill you. Just like if my son tried to rob you or beat you up and you shot him - it doesn't even matter who is in the right at that point. Revenge is pretty black and white.

holy shit you're fucking insane.

it's a dog, not your son.

and if i magdumped the dog, i'd obvious draw on the owner and disarm them because (like you) they'd probably freak out.
>>
>>623902
break it's skull if you have to, it's not that hard for a human to kill an animal half his weight.
i once broke the foreleg of a pit mix cause he was giving me attitude.
>>
File: doge.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
OP here again.

All these posts saying I should've kicked the dog in the throat or choke slammed it, I like dogs. I don't want to hurt somebody's dog, but from these comments here I have decided if a dog is coming at me, and it's more than 20 feet from it's owner, I'm shooting it.

I obviously fucked up by even allowing it to come into contact with me, it could've had rabies for fuck sake.

I fucked up again by not putting it down, because as the other anons have stated, now that poorly trained dog could go and attack some little kid who cannot defend themselves.

I fucked up /out/, I'm sorry. I will not take the dog owners feelings into consideration. I will just shoot the motherfucker, protect myself and others. peace
>>
>>623908
I don't care. You would be dead. As if I'm not a quicker draw than some fucking nerd who would "magdump" an overly excited dog.

I might not even kill you then, just wing you and pull you deeper into the brush so I can mouthfuck you to death with my maglite.
>>
>>623915
I'm glad you didn't shoot the dog but you really pussed out by not tearing into the owners. Like I seriously don't get that.
>>
>>623807
>Unless you're hunting, you dont need a gun.

In Australia or the UK maybe, where guns are outlawed, but in the United States, you really really really really need to own a gun.
>>
>>623920
Go away /k/. No you don't. Especially while you're hiking or camping.
>>
>>622649

yeah, that's because you don't live in the ocean surrounded by great white sharks. i'd rather fight a dog than a shark.
>>
>>623922
I love when people try to throw out the "More people are killed by X every year than sharks" statistic as if it has any meaning whatsoever.
>>
>>623921
Go away /leftypol/. Guns are good to keep around while you're outdoors, unless you count "outdoors" as your backyard. It's also nice to go innawoods and plink shit.

Video related: One of the many reasons to bring a gun innawoods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4p9be2sR4
>>
>>623918
>As if I'm not a quicker draw than some fucking nerd

You're not. Trust me.
>>
>>623891

>utilize

this isn't your high school english essay.
>>
>>623919
I'm a non-confrontational dude. You either get it, or you don't.

No use trying to verbally fight with retarded, emotional people.
>>
>>623934
> no use

Esp. in a TOTAL BAIT THREAD.
>>
>>623934
Yeah I'm not either but after something that, you should have at least given them a stern lecture.
>>
>>623927
>innawoods
>links video of guy onnaroad innatruck
>>
>>623932
Were those big words too hard for you?
>>
I love dogs but if one ever started coming at me while I was /out/ and there was no owner I would boot that fucker so hard in the jaw.
>>
>>623921
Third time I went into the boonies (desert in San bernadino county) was the first time I brought my rifle out. Got approached, 4 miles out, by two meth heads. Sketchiest experience of my life. W/out that rifle I'd be dead or bootyfucked. Speak for yourself, and stop giving bad advice.
You don't need it til you do.
>>
>>623920
Hahaha. I live in the US bud...you dont need a gun
>>
>>623899
Dude i can tell by how you wrote the story that it is made up. Youre not fooling anyone.
>>
File: eartwist.jpg (217 KB, 999x682) Image search: [Google]
eartwist.jpg
217 KB, 999x682
>>622772
>/out/ - Outdoors
find shark,, pay less then 500$,,, rubelly!,buds.
,, theres Miles to go in wetsuit development,, LED chromatiphores ,,,40000Kv Shockskin,, Kevlar Nobite, HEATING!,mmmmmm, hotpockets!
,, rubhis Belly!
>>
File: stylist.jpg (739 KB, 1864x1543) Image search: [Google]
stylist.jpg
739 KB, 1864x1543
>>62277
while you are there,, you may meet "Seal., DONT,RUB,HIS,BELLY!!
,,he may think you want the RAPETIME!!, its not nice, biteing back of neck like ducks,,, hold you tight and HUPHUP!,, bad biting!,big teath bitiing ,,Elephant seal weights 2000 pounds (32000 ounces),,OOOooDoge!, you cant fight back at all!!
,,, so i hear.
>>
>>624046
It makes no sense for me to make up an unflattering story and then ask for advice that is specific to said story

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>624111
People make up stories on the internet all the time. It doesnt matter whether or not you think their motives "make sense"
>>
>>624112
It also doesn't matter if his story is made up or not because we'll argue about it anyway.
>>
File: 1445454651842.jpg (62 KB, 599x585) Image search: [Google]
1445454651842.jpg
62 KB, 599x585
>>623662
>It's a dog. A FUCKING DOG
>DOGS ARENT THAT HARD TO HANDLE /OUT/

Is that why the police use K9s to attack?
Is that why dog leashes are used to handle dogs?
Is that why there are 'behavioral schools' for dogs?

you're right; it is a fucking dog and you're the piece of shit owner

you're the kind of person that brings a screaming baby to a nice restaurant and gets mad when others give you a dirty look
>>
OP if you are alone you must be ready to shoot first, shoot to kill, and you must be prepared to make a mistake of killing an innocent. Your life has value, OP, I can't stand the thought of you hurting, you must kill.
>>
Park ranger here. I've run into quite a few agressive dogs, never actually been attacked because I have this tiny "noise gun" on my keychain that'll send out an ultrasonic noise. Works great.
http://www.misdefenseproducts.com/Ultrasonic-Dog-Stop-Devices-p-1-c-376.html
>>
>>623662
If they're not that hard to handle, then exercise some fucking control over your dog, asshole.
>>
>>624131
>Is that why the police use K9s to attack?
k9 dogs are sadly there to die instead of a human
also they are specifically selected and trained they are pretty much the equivalent of human kung-fu / whatever martial arts master among dogs. most dogs only knows how to fight other dogs.
>Is that why dog leashes are used to handle dogs?
dog leash is to protect the dog you moron
>Is that why there are 'behavioral schools' for dogs?
waht? the schools are because owners tend to be incompetent and don't know whit about dogs. they say it's the dog that goes to the school but really the owner that gets taught shit first hand.
>>
The amount of stupid in here is amazing. The scenario isn't as black and white as people want to say it is.

>OP had an adrenaline rush and reality is probably different, classic with traumatic events.
>People who dislike dogs want an excuse to kill them and their owners.
>People who think they're the exception to the rules and can over power a dog unscathed without conflict.

OP, you indeed overreacted on your story telling but you didn't act enough in your situation.

If the dog presents any threat to you, shoot it. Most if not all US states (I'm assuming you're American, could be wrong) view dogs as property and as such laws of containment are in place to protect you and your right to defend yourself. Talk to a police officer or attorney, they can tell you better for your area. Just ask, don't hire one.

In my state if the owner had fired back at you or attacked you they would be arrested and liable for damages done by them and their dog(s). If they did nothing but call the police after you shot their uncontrolled animal the police would only really respond because you discharged a firearm on public land not designated for hunting. But as they found out why you did they'd get your statement and deem you the victim. Do NOT shoot the owner. Killing the dog is one thing, but if the owner poses no threat and didn't unleash the dog on you or attack and you shot him; that's murder.

That being said, you were tired and obviously don't own dogs. The dog was a out of control and made you uneasy but was probably playing and got carried away.

My wife has a friend who laughs and jokes when their dogs hump people. They also get pretty rough and their neighbors dog constantly gets out and charges people. We don't go to their house very often. I say that to say that most people don't deem some of the dogs behavior as unfit and don't see them as threatening. Obviously you did and so would the cops.

Some people are bad owners and sadly the dogs are the ones that pay for it.
>>
>>623807
Jesus Christ, please tell me you live in bong land or something
>>
>>623647
>>623664
What about the off-leash park, bro? Before my dog got too old to keep up to me (he's pushing 13 now), I'd jog with him in the off leash park all the time.
>>
>>623906
This. I love dogs but those owners would have got an earful if OP's story happened to me.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (112 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
112 KB, 600x900
>>622532
I carry a sword around when hiking because i'm a faggot roleplayer so I'm ok when it comes to dangerous animals. if a dog attacks me, then like any reasonable person I will attack back.

>>624325
>muh bongland

plenty of us own guns :^)

only cityfags don't own guns
>>
>>624332
Off leash parks are fenced in areas in my city, as they should be anywhere else. I'm not going to be jogging through there so go nuts buddy.
>>
>>624390
>Off leash parks are fenced in areas in my city, as they should be anywhere else.
I don't take my dogs to those. Don't trust them and the people are usually either stuck up or stupid. But I think it's a law in most states that they be fenced in.
>>
>>624513
I can't say I blame you. Although there is one in the park that I normally run through and it's usually packed with young milfs.
>>
>>624518
Those are always nice.
>>
OP makes me happy you retarded gunmonkeys are not found in my country.
>>
>>624742
The retarded gun monkeys are rare. Though they do post more than the sensible gun owners.
>>
>>623593
Different person here, but doges love to run in circles, sprint around, bark, poop and etc. On a leash tethered to a slow human during the run is kind of torturing the doge.
>>
>>624742
That's because we are citizens and not subjects.
>>
>>624742
Does it offend you that millions of normal, every day people carry guns in the US? Or do you just hate the idea of someone defending themselves from an unprovoked animal attack?
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 745x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 745x637
>>624311
>leash is to protect the dog you moron
Kek
>>
>>624311
>dog leash is to protect the dog you moron
you're proven my point in each of your responses. dogs are too stupid to look out for themselves and anyone that takes a dog out is just as stupid. thank you
>>
>>622881
>leash a dog
I agree
This is the law in Norway. Loads of nature, loads of hikers, loads of dogs. Very possible and it works.
The law is in place because a lot of lifestock get sent to mountain pastures, but keeps people safe too.
>>
>>623662
>DOGS ARENT THAT HARD TO HANDLE /OUT/

My dog is hard to handle, even for me.
Got her free from a husky breeder who had given up on her. Serious nerve problems and attacks before she barks, so can be very unpredictable. Very few people, even experienced dog lovers, can read her body language properly.

She could eat you for breakfast anon.. but she won't, because I keep that threat on a leash.
>>
>>624174
>This
Because you can never predict insane dog owners. And fuck guns.
>>
>>623647
Except for taking responsibility and being accountable for the actions of your dog when it is off the leash. I run my dog off leash on public roads all the time because she knows what to do when we're out running. If she bites someone I'll accept the consequences. I expect the same of everyone else.
>>
>>625072
Insert the repetative "all dog owners think their dog is a good dog".

You are willing to have your dog put down because you don't bother to stay safe?

even if you know and trust your dogs behaviour you can never predict the behavior of random strangers on the trail. If they provoke the dog the dog will still be blamed for biteys, and if they get scared and harm the dog it is your fault that she gets injured.

you will not feel the consequences, the dog will feel the consequences.
>>
>>624924
>dogs are too stupid to look out for themselves
that should be pretty obvious.
they have the mental faculties of s 3yo human at best most dogs are a lot more stupid than that.
>>
>>622540
Careful with those edges
>>
>>624982
you know this is an odd prediciment. I walk my dog daily at a 180 acre land trust in my area; dog rules there are You can have the dog unleashed, but owner assumes all responsibility, I see people with leashed dogs, unleashed dogs, and dog sitters with 2-5 unleashed dogs. I have never heard, or seen anyone have any types of issues at the park.
>>
>>623155
One day you're going to fuck with the wrong person's dog.
All social contracts go out the door when you kill my buddy.
>>
>>623903
Humans are the least trustable, most unpredictable animals of all.

So should you kill every human you come across?
>>
>>623931
>I'm the baddest dude around!
That's the exact kind of mentality that gets you killed.
>>
>>625146
He is the guy with a ready drawn gun fuckboy, pull your pistol and you'll get rekt
>>
>>625146

lol standard dogfucker tough guy answer, every time.
>>
Haven't read all the replies yet, but there are a fuck load of people saying "shoot the dog".
Which sorry, but thats some total bullshit, if you need a gun to defend yourself from a dog, you're weak.
I'm from the UK, we don't have guns (and 99.9% of us don't have knives either) you know what we do when we encounter a dog like that?
1) make ourselves big, and make a lot of noise, thats normally enough to get a dog to fuck off. If that doesn't work
2) kick it. That will make it fuck off.
We don't kill someones pet just because it charged at us.
Plus OP, you did everything wrong, the dog was probably just greeting you. The moment you put your hand on it's neck, you fucked up, at that point the dog thought YOU were aggresive.
>>
I dunno man. I OC/CC but don't see it as being a first option sort of thing. If the dog isn't gonna fuck off after I drive my cowboy boot into it's chest or deck it in it's head, then it's gotta go.

Then again, I dunno, I've never been attacked. Maybe I'll puss out and draw first. I can't say. I'd rather not unless I absolutely have to, however.
>>
Let this thread die already
>>
>>622532
>few years ago
>walking my shepherd/lab mix in a nice part of town
>random nogs appear
>they're in someones front yard arguing without shirts on
>there is a pitbull tied to a wooden fence being excited by the argument
>it's pulling at me and my dog, now across the street and walking away
>fence supports fail
>80-90lb angry pit running at me and my dog
>both nogs freeze, quit arguing
>me and my dog both freeze
>~20ft
>no gun
>boots.jpg
>pit gets close, my dog is just standing stlil, following my commands
>kick that dog as hard as i can in the mouth
>hear it's jaw snap shut
>it just stops mid attack, looking at me like a git
>whines its way back to the yard
>both nogs just look at me slack jawed
>never did anything to attempt to get their dog to stop attacking or react to it at all
>keep walking my dog
>still have a puncture mark in the sole of my right boot
>>
File: 1426884972287.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1426884972287.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>625150
I'd completely disagree.
>Sit in a cage with a hungry tiger for 48 hours and see what happens.
>Sit in a cage with a hungry human for 48 hours and see what happens.
Humans know humans think, for better or worse. We don't know what goes through an animal's head despite what we think we know
>>
>>625309
Ah the good old 'guns are bad, children, people who have never been around dogs and the elderly DESERVE to be get fucked up when attacked' argument. By the way, millions of us have guns you idiot.

And no its never the fault of the person attacked by the dog if they react in the way any normal person would to an unknown dog with no visible owner running right at them.
>>
>>625481
it often happens that when a predator shares a living space with a prey animal it will not see it prey anymore. like how snakes can get used to rats they did not eat and will never eat them. so your example might not actually work out how you would expect.
>>
>>625533
Mammals =/= reptiles
>>
>>625251
>implying I'd run into an open area where I just heard a ton of shots go off
>implying I wouldn't track you down at a distance and wait for your guard to be down
>implying I wouldn't hack you up and leave you Inna woods as maggot feed
>>
>>625481
I've spent 56 hours stuck in what was essentially a cage for people. I would have rather taken the tiger.
>>
>>623250
>comparing a doge to a son
The worst kind of faggots
>hurr durr my pets are my children
Seriously I feel sorry for people like that.
>>
>>625150
You should kill every human to legitimately tries to kill you and you have no other recourse than to neutralize the threat to your life.
>>
>>625088
>the dog will still be blamed for biteys
Yeah. I'm going to punish her before she ever gets to the legal system. I have complete control over my dog, she wears an electric collar that stops her dead in her tracks when I need it to- I rarely have to shock her anymore. It's all about having control of your dog and being held responsible when you don't. A leash is just a way for a bystander to feel that the owner has control. I've seen plenty of dogs walking their owners while they were leashed. I've had to move my dog (off leash) when a leashed dog was dragging the owner toward her. A leash is a sense that the owner is in control.
>>
>>623915
A report from a weapon being fired is normally very loud and should scare the animal. I would fire into the ground first in an attempt to scare the animal. If that didn't work, RIP Fido.
>>
>>623915
Prepare to be the arch villain of reddit. Still better to be tried by 12,000 than carried by six.

This is why I carry OC spray at all times, it'll deter most beasties and I have no compunction in using it. (Also too poor for funs) Also, it's effective against bears, whereas smaller caliber pistols might not be. (I wouldn't want to shoot a bear with less than 10mm. .45 or 9mm might do the job, but all it takes is one well placed swipe and you're disabled and soon to be dead.)
>>
>>625561
Interesting. Context pls.
>>
>>625579
>electrocuting doge for fun and 'training'.
>punish doge so bad that she will never reach the legal system.

yeah.....

You're a bit psycho, aren't you anon?

You do know there is a middle ground between not controlling your dog at all and be miss psycho dominatrix lady for doges?
>>
>>625656
>will never reach the legal system
I never said this. I don't hit my dog. Hitting a dog only confuses them. It is far more effective when I scold her and assert dominance by pushing her head to the ground, etc.

I shock her when I need to stop her immediately, like when I first took her off the leash and she tried to go play with the unleashed dogs wandering the neighborhood.
>>
>>625673
>I shock her when I need to stop her immediately,
>like when I first took her off the leash and she tried to go play with the unleashed dogs wandering the neighborhood.

Thou shall not play, doge!!! Lightning bolt to the throat!!!
>>
>>622890
A spray in the face from a water bottle is very effective. I carry two bottles when I bike down this one road with a dog that chases, so I have plenty of ammo. My grandpa said he used to put some ammonia in with his water, but that never seemed necessary to me.
>>
>>625678
Thou shall not play in the fucking road. You are extremely annoying.
>>
>>625725
And you torture animals. If you knew how to train your dog you wouldn't have to physically harm her to have her follow your commands.

Put that shock collar on your own neck and test it. No dog owner should use one without doing this A police officer have to be tasered to complete a taser course. This is no different.
>>
>>625725
Ma'am, you have my feels but please stop feeding the troll.
>>
>>622532
>What do *you* do when you encounter hostile dogs in these situations?
Avoid encounters, show that you are not a thread, backup and stay far. If he does not have rabies, it should be okay. If he does, you are in trouble.
>Is there any dog armguard equipment you can buy to protect against bites?
Ultrasound boxes. Like $10 and 100g.
No.
Underreact. You could at least ask the owners for first aid.
keeps your hands away.
>>
>>625773
Green text fail, anon. Shoddy work.
>>
>>625731
I test her collar on my own skin to check its charge.

>>625751
When was it implied or deduced that I was a woman?
>>
>>625836
>When was it implied or deduced that I was a woman?

Ma'am, if you have to ask, you're behind on your 4chan studies. But seeing how you keep responding to the troll, maybe you are rather new to these hunting grounds.
>>
>>623902
BODY SLAM
O
D
Y

S
L
A
M
>>
>>625151
Lmao that's the exact same thing you said faggot
>>
>>623540
Pretty sure one could then shot you without it being a crime tough guy

Congratulations on being part of the problem
>>
I'd pull the trigger, and detain the joggers, they need to pay the fucking medical bill at the VERY LEAST
>>
>>625537
happens with mammals too
once they get used to the others smell they kinda leave it alone
>>
>>623137
Trying to kick an aggressive dog is a good way to get bit in the leg. The only dogs slow enough to let you kick them are the ones not serious about biting anyway. Dogs should be on a leash.
>>
>>626772
nah, all dogs are slow as fuark.
we have faster extremities but we change the position of our center of mass slower due to proportions leverage and distance from ground.

you can smack around any dog as you like the dumb fucker will not even know what hit him. i used to be a boxer humans (including all martial artists) can't defend from a good punch once it's underway and they dropped a hand just a bit too low dogs are like sloths in this regard.
>>
>>622532
NEVER kill a dog, even if it's attacking you or your spawn. That is a living creature with feelings and emotions and you should not end its life for upsetting it and causing it to defend itself.
>>
>>622747
Bodyslam it. Jesus you people.

http://youtu.be/R1VXI2ZKGFo
>>
>>623653
> Hating dogs for no reason
Beta detected. You aren't going to breed I hope.
>>
>>626807
in all seriousness i don't think you can bodyslam a dog unless it's sleeping or dead tho
>>
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 750x1000
>>626825
You need the element of surprise
>>
File: LULU.jpg (461 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
LULU.jpg
461 KB, 1200x900
>>
>>628940
Nope
>>
>>624086
>>624106
>>622761

Who is this guy? I see him everywhere. Have the elderly found /out/?
>>
Yosemite National Park, 6 years ago
On a rim trail between North Dome and Upper Yosemite Falls, end of October
Been out for 5 days, alone having a great time
On trail hear noise, thinking bear maybe, large German Shepherd comes around bend, stops, head goes down, growls start, full bore run at me, can't get my pack off, dog leaps, I put up my left arm, he hits me, about 120 pounds, latches onto my forearm and over we go, breaks my forearm, bits my upper arm, thigh, and face, I am screaming, manage to get my knife off my strap, start stabbing, I am blind from blood in my eyes, get knife in dogs chest from the side, bear hug him and roll to use my weight to keep him down, just kept stabbing, he stops moving, I stop stabbing
He is dead, I felt dead, looks like a horror film, two people show up, man and woman, French tourists, not their dog, help me, arm gets a tourniquet, lots of blood, they pulled the dogs collar and tags, and we start toward the Upper Falls.
Lots of help from people at top of falls, couple of nurses and an EMT, somone starts down for rangers, group starts me down, meet up with rangers, some help me down others head for attack location
Ended up in hospital for two weeks, nerve damage to my face, and arm, lost 3/4 use of my left arm, scars all over.
Owners were found at the lodge, went on falls trail hike, dog took off, they were tired, went back to room for rest, figured dog would come back, not their problem, dog loves kids, never aggressive, was trained as a guard dog
Two years to sue, get judgement, they claim bankruptcy, I get shit, they sued me for killing dog, jury says I owe $1500.
Park service gave them a $50 fine for unleased dog.
Keep your damm dogs leashed, voice control is uncontroled, leash your fucking dogs.
>>
>>622532
>I instinctively reached for my glock 17
lolling @ u
>>
File: 1421368432467.jpg (40 KB, 383x367) Image search: [Google]
1421368432467.jpg
40 KB, 383x367
>>622540
>I would draw on an attacking dog regardless of its owner presence
>>
>>622637
Hippie cunt
>>
Unless your hand is on your gun at all times (and your an idiot if it is) you're more likely to shoot your leg when the dog hits you than you are to stop the dog.

If you really want to stop the dog, grab it by the lower jaw and get your knuckles into the roof of its mouth. This is going to suck, you will get cut unless you do it perfectly, but you can force it onto its back and elbow it with your other arm until it stops fighting. When you let go it is very unlikely to bite again.
>>
>>630198
wow someone else on this board know how to fight canines! i didn't expect this.
>>
>>622637
lmfao. you've prob never been around a truly aggressive dog.

I've worked with dogs for years and there are some that are literally impossible to calm down/coax/avoid them ripping your ass apart.
Almost always a genetic issue or stupid fucking cunt owners (looks to be the owners fault in this scenario)

Don't be so presumptuous when it sounds like you have no experience with canines past the doggies you meet out n about and ur friends pooches and the occasional dog you've owned.
Trust me, that's not very much experience.
>>
>>622901
>matters of who is the alpha

stop. don't use animal planet as a reliable resource of canine behavior.
Dogs aren't trying to be an "alpha"

just no.
>>
>>622939
u my friend have not been around very many dogs.
>>
>>623169
my 40lb dog can jump high enough to be in grown mans face, nbd. That's not that hard to believe.
and then i have a mastiff that can stand on his hind legs and is taller than some grown men.
>>
>>623471
>alpha
plz stop
>>
>>630198
where did you learn this? This sounds terrible.
Even if you do it "perfectly" your hand is still in the dogs fucking mouth.

imagine a 90lb dog grabs your hand and shakes their head violently. You're going to have nerve damage.
>>
>>630382
it's fine i have done it, you should have gloves on tho their teeth is sharp.
they can't exert much force with their lower jaw what you are grabbing (must not slip this is important) and they can't properly close on if you knuckles rest on their roof of mouth.

basically you not only disable the dogs only weapon but take perfect control of the dog.

or get your fingers bit off if you fuck it up.
>>
>>630395
one more note you must really squeeze the lower jaw and force it downwards. also the canines are useless unless the dog can pull on them it's this shaking and pulling motion you can stop by grabbing the dog with your other hand and pushing and twisting the jaw down.
then you can grab an opposite leg and easily turn over the biggest strongest dog on it's back, a knee in the neck till it passes out of just break the ribcage and kill it.
>>
There is a technique for controling a dog that doesnt involve shooting them... a few in fact... if a dog has a piece of you like your hand or something narrow you push it down the dogs throat. theyll choke and let go...

If the dog has your arm lunge at the dog and tackle it. once youre on top you have the weight advantage and the dog cant move. take your other hand and push it into the dogs throat. this will make the dog release...

if you are responding to a dog attack then straddle the dog and squeeze your legs together. the dog doesnt have enough leverage between you and the other person to wiggle free. if you own a dog then try this next time you need to give them eyedrops or something like that... after you have control of the dog between your legs get it in a headlock with one hand and push into its throat with the other hand. this will stop the dog biting you once its free and itll let go of the other person.
>>
In my city about 1 in 3 dog owners has their dog off leash in public places. Big dogs like German Shepherds, Huskies, and even a Great Dane have all dashed at me sans owner, leaving me maybe a second or two to decide if he's friendly or not before he's on top of me. I like dogs, I like animals, but mostly I like dogs. I don't know if I could live with myself if I shot someone's pet without being 100% certain I was about to be severely mauled.

That said, fuck you if you let your dog off leash in public areas like the lobby of an apartment or a busy city park. No one is required to first be bitten by an attacking dog (or other large animal) before using lethal force. Humans get to defend themselves from wild animals, that's part of being on top of the food chain.
>>
>>630485
anon if you can't ell a dog is attacking you or not you need glasses. especially if you had dog you said you liked dogs.
the problem is sometimes a dog apparently doesn't notice you or want any shit from you as it passes you catches your scent and he is behind you when he decides he wants to have a bone with you. so keep an eye on dogs do not ever get scared of them no running no little girl screams and stuff. just plant your feet and tell him "no".
i have had dogs bit me in the ass after passing me by like minding their business, but it was partially my fault i didn't keep an eye on them.
>>
>>623913
> implying cranium isn't the hardest bone in dogs, pitbulls expecially

Confirmed for dumbass
>>
>>622939
Are you serious?

You've probably only seen dogs that sit around the house and then their owners bring them to their cabin or to the dog park for a couple of days every other month.

Hunting dogs, or even dogs that get walked on the daily are giant things of muscle.
>>
>>622901
Do you know anything about dogs? If you challenge an aggressive dog it will bite you. Especially if its because of fear, which is most of the time the reason why a dog is being aggressive.
>>
>>623250
>Nonetheless, if someone shoots my dog I will murder them without question. Now my dog stays on a leash and would never bite anyone, but he is big and potentially scary.
^^this.
I have a pit and a malamute. they are both excellent off leash , and they are extremely friendly, but because they are "scary", im prepared to mag dump on anyone who harms them.
>>
>>630595
hardest or not you can break it. you can break any bone of a dog.
well at least i can.
>>
>>630417
>this will make the dog release...
a pit will not release tho you got to crush the windpipe unless there is help like someone with a prybar.
>>
>>630647
>they are both excellent off leash

This has been covered over and over. It does not matter how good you think your dogs are. If you are on public property, keep them leashed at all times. Doing otherwise is completely irresponsible.
>>
>>626816
Sorry, I've just never liked dogs. I find them to be noisy and stupid. I'm not going to go out of the way to hurt your dogs, I just don't want them to be anywhere near me.
>>
>>630417
for normal dogs not crazy one like pits
it usually work is you stick your fingers in their nostril and pull back to open their mouth
sticking your hand in a dogs mouth to get an other dog or person free usually not ends well. i got my fingers bit in bone deep once.
>>
>>630661
i agree tho chihuahuas are not the same as big breed.
>>
>>630508
Did I say I couldn't tell if a dog was friendly or not, or did I say when a dog is dashing at me I have only a second or two to decide if he is friendly or not? If a dog runs up to me off leash and I think it's going to attack, I'm shooting it, it's that simple. I'm not playing stare-down with a dog, I'm not sticking my hand near it's mouth, and I'm not going to be mauled because I'm hesitant about it's owner's feelings or hoping it's going to be a small bite vs a big chomp. Even though I very much like dogs (like I said before), but I would sleep sound if I shot one while truly fearing for my safety. Leave your dog on leash when in public areas so everyone can just have a nice, quiet day.
>>
File: IMG_3161.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3161.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>630711
>I'm shooting it, it's that simple.

My dog/puppy and I were attacked 2 days ago. Mine was on a leash and theirs wasn't. The dog and owners where walking the opposite direction when it charged us. I tried to put myself between the dog and my dog but that didn't work. Their dog pinned my dog down and wasn't doing the "alpha pin the dog down til it offers neck and stop" thing, it was biting my dog hard. I kicked it as hard as I could while drawing my pistol and I tried to kick it away from my dog so I wouldn't accidentally shoot my dog. The last kick hurt it and it stopped so I just ran off a few yards. I got the licence plate of the car and turned them over to animal control and they are going to ticket the owner. My dog had a puncture wound on its leg.
>>
File: DSCF0417.jpg (605 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0417.jpg
605 KB, 1600x1200
>>630722
cont:
After seeing what that dog did and hearing my dog scream never again. I'm with you. Your dog comes at me and my dog in anger and it's gonna die.
>>
>>630722
shows you what you should do in a scenario rather than pulling a gun just give it a good kick
seriously carry-fags try to solve everything in life with their gun.
>>
>>630731
Being attacked by a large dog is lethal force. Shooting with a gun is lethal force. I see no problem with proportioning your defense to the severity of attack. If the dog wants to squirt me with a supersoaker I'll gladly grab my garden hose, but an attacking dog wants to sink it's teeth into you and shake until you die.
>>
>>630722
i noticed something tho when we still had dogs
when my dog was on a leash it always tried to rip into every fucking male dog
when i let him go it usually only got to a little posturing and pissing contest
>>
>>630731
I kicked it as hard as I could about 5 times as it was biting and attacking my dog. Next time it doesn't get that far. And as usual I'm yelling "call off your dog" and they did nothing.
>>
>>630735
>Being attacked by a large dog is lethal force.
if you are a 3yo little girl that is. you see this is where i must beg to differ. dogs are dogs they are not rambos with rocket launchers. i can't even count how many times i had to handle an aggressive dog or break up a fight. never occurred to me to kill the dog i just wanted to kill the owner a few times.
>>
>>630740
Half of all dog attack fatalities were full grown adults in 2014. 22 of 42.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities.php
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.