[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So long story short, My girlfriend of 5 year broke up with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 001.jpg (136 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
136 KB, 1200x900
So long story short, My girlfriend of 5 year broke up with me yesterday, and I moved out because it was awkward and too painful. I didn't have anywhere to go, So i went to my brother. and he owns a fifth wheel parked in the bush. I will be staying here until I find a place, could be months. its a 1999 golden falcon tour edition looks like the one in the pic.

Right now, All i got is clothes, laptop, phone, a generator, a jerry can w/ fuel, 2 cases of water, 3 full 5gallon jugs of water, toilet paper, some flashlights, power bar charger thing to charge my phone when not using generator and a 30lbs full propane tank.

I am a half hour from town, in the middle of the woods, its nice and quiet. but I have no hookups at all. There's no water in the tank, I dont know how full the waste tanks are, solar power does not seem to work, radio gets no channels oddly, fridge is broken and I have no idea how to use anything on this thing (how does heat?). I am totally new to campers. I also do not have access to any vehicle that can pull this, so dumping is not an option.

How do I survive? I am going crazy with this silence and generator humming. How long does a 30lbs propane tank last for strictly night time heat?
>>
Why don't you ask the owner of the camper
>>
>>785725
Depends on how cold is it for a 30 lbs tank. My camper can run heat all night near freezing for a few days on 2 30lbs tanks. If you have electricity via generator, get a small electric space heater. We have one that looks just like a little fan, heats our whole camper down to about 45 degrees. Below that and need the regular heater.

If you have no fridge, get some coolers and fill with ice. RV fridges are crazy expensive since they run on both propane and electricity.

If the waste tanks are full, the camper will smell. You need to have running water to fill the toilet or thee black tank will clog up from just poo and TP. Speaking of waste tanks. There should be 2, one black tank one grey tank. Black is for the toilet, grey is for sinks and shower.

Some places will deliver and clean a portapotty for cheap. My parents used to keep one at their camp, was like $50 a month cleaned once a week. Some septic rental places will also come pump your camper out.

The camper is old, so not sure how to tell you to set the heat. Mine you just flip a switch on the thermostat to "heat", set the temp, and you're good.

Don't use the awning if there is any wind. Don't leave it out overnight. They can and will rip off the side of the camper.
>>
File: maslow.png (408 KB, 2000x1309) Image search: [Google]
maslow.png
408 KB, 2000x1309
>>785725

If you cannot survive where you are, go to where you can survive. See pic. Secure all of the things on the bottom most layer before trying to secure any of the stuff from the layers above it.
>>
>>785725
>radio gets no channels oddly

That is skinwalkers bro, get outta there fast.
>>
>>785876
I went on the roof and the antenna was down. Yeah i feel stupid.
>>
>>785879
Tell the skinwalkers to stop fuckin with the antennae.

Having a radio has to be a world of difference though.

How long are you planning on staying in this thing? Do you have any income? If you can tow the thing to a mobile home park with utility hookups, aren't they normally cheap as dirt as far as monthly fees? Kinda ruins the innawoods experience though.
>>
Move back in with your ex if you have to. As long as you're on the lease she can't evict you, and if you're not she needs 30 days written notice if you were there over a month.
>>
Fuck man I wish i had a camper
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.