[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trapping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: rs0gMXc.jpg (786 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
rs0gMXc.jpg
786 KB, 2448x3264
I thought i could start a trapping thread, I know it's not trapping season but i thought i would share some of my past experiences. I didn't lay any traps last year but i did in 2014 (my first time). I got one marten, pic related and ten fucking ferrrets. I don't live in USA so the prices for the fur is very low. I got around 18 USD for the marten and a little over a dollar each for the ferrets, keep in mind they were untanned. So how are the prices in your country? What are you trapping?
>>
File: Ul2yA5K.jpg (451 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
Ul2yA5K.jpg
451 KB, 1840x3264
One of the ferrets i caught. I was trapping for mink but i didn't get a single one. I caught one ferret almost every week the whole season on five traps that i had layed out around my property within 600 meters from my house.
>>
>>785206
Fur prices are low in the US also. At least compared to their historical values.

I used to trap when fur brought good prices, and have here and there when I just wanted something to tan. My older brother put himself through college doing it, back when a red fox could fetch $60 and blanket beaver $75. Now they'd bring $10 unless Russia or China decide not to buy and then it'd be $0.

If raccoon or muskrat were reliably in the double digits I would start back up. There are so many of both around here a guy could catch all he could handle every season.
>>
>>785263
You dumb fucks haven't caught on to the fact men love hanging this shit in mancaves? I've been selling beaver pelts 200$ a piece CAD
>>
File: image.jpg (368 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368 KB, 1024x768
A friend of mine bought some baby turkeys to raise for food. Even named them Christmas and thanksgiving. Woke up one day and they were gone and feathers all over the place. He says "nobody eats my turkeys". Next day I get a pic "got the fucker!!!" I said "I bet he tastes like chicken!!! Haha". Hasn't spoken to me since.
>>
>>785567
Nice catch! Too bad those traps are illegal where i come from or i would use them. Seems like they can catch everything
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>785571
Here is a lynx trap he's had for years. You find a downed log and make it so the Lynx has to go into the larger opening, you make sort of a stick house. You put a white chicken wing in there so it makes the Lynx curious then it gets caught in the snares.

Funny when you see Bigfoot shows and they come across one "look cleatus!! A Bigfoot house"
>>
>>785578
Never seen anything like that. How much do you get for a lynx? I think they are endangered here so i can't trap them
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.