[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoned as punishment, a 7-year-old Japanese boy disappears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: no-fried-rice-here.jpg (382 KB, 1484x1092) Image search: [Google]
no-fried-rice-here.jpg
382 KB, 1484x1092
It was supposed to be a form of punishment, a particularly harsh and memorable kind.

But by the time Yamato Tanooka's parents came looking for him after intentionally abandoning the 7-year-old in the woods in northern Japan for several minutes, the boy was missing.

“The parents left the boy in the mountains as punishment,” a police spokesman told the Japan Times. “They said they went back to the site immediately, but the boy was no longer there.”

Hokkaido police said the child went missing around 4 p.m. (3 a.m. Eastern time) on Saturday, according to CNN. Two hours later, the network reported, the boy's parents called police and told them that the child had disappeared on a day trip while the family scavenged for wild vegetables.

Takayuki Tanooka, the boy's 44-year-old father, eventually admitted that the family's story was fabricated and that the boy had actually been left behind as punishment for throwing rocks at cars along a road in the area, the Times reported. He told a local reporter that he could not initially admit to authorities what he had done, according to the paper.

"I was not able to ask for [a search] with a reason of punishment," he told TV Asahi, according to CNN. "I thought it might be taken as a domestic violence."

video.. etc: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/30/abandoned-as-punishment-a-7-year-old-japanese-boy-disappears-in-bear-infested-woods/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxP_hSKPUs
>>
>>780852
>Mr. Dad-san, you are under arrest for the death and neglect of your child, do you have anything to confess?
>Police-san, I did it for family honor; nothing more nothing less
>We...well, um...if for family honor, case close.
>>
>>780852
Jesus, this is like a childhood nightmare for me.

My parents were born in Hokkaido, so I heard lots of lovely stories about freakin' bears eating early colonists. Or bears attacking farmers. Or a bear attacking my uncle and mauling him.

Charming historical shit like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

Or stories how one day my cousin was leading cows back to the shed only discover a fucking bear was in it.

Being left alone in the Hokkaido wilderness by your shit parents and knowing there are bears in the woods would leave me petrified.
>>
>>780852
Damn, I wish parents would do that in the US. I'm sick of all these shitty little kids with no respect running around.
>>
>if you make it back son, you are honorabu and your transgressions are forgiven
>if not, you will be found in bear scat and a failure
>>
YOU'RE A SAP SAP SAP, MR. JAP.
>>
if there's a chance your kid is going to die as a result of the "punishment", it's going way too far
>>
>>780971
He's going to sudoku before getting mauled by bear san and will restore honor to his family
>>
Hopefully Bear-senpai will be a better parent figure.
>>
>>780852
He definitely won't be throwing rocks at cars anymore.
>>
>>780852
Nice pic name
>>
>>780903
nip nong ching chong re aw rook da same
>>
>>781067
0/10
>>
>>781064
Good old Hear-Em-Screama really show them who the boss is.
>>
>bears
>wilderness
>Japan

Really?
>>
me lookee long time with me slanty eyes
>>
>>782023
does mom know you're up this late champ?
>>
>>782006
Really Really

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
>>
>>780956
>>781067
>>782023
Could you not?
>>
>>780852
>The parents left the boy in the mountains as punishment
...chibisute?
>>
File: image.jpg (635 KB, 1221x1459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
635 KB, 1221x1459
>>781999
>>
>>780852
Taken by a tengu. I need half a dozen blades blessed by a shinto monk and a few good men
>>
>>780852
My uncle by marriage had an abusive alcoholic vietnam macvsog vet as a father and he left him in the woods with a belt knife in the 80s.
>>
This would be grade A parenting if you stuck a GPS on the kid so you could find him after awhile. A+ if dad threw on a bear costume and started stalking the kid.
>>
>>782122
It's too bad how men that hard are also usually damaged.
>>
killed by dad
>>
>>782132
>that hard
>>
>>782132
Uwotm8?
>>
>>780852
>Japanese
>Parenting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugamo_child_abandonment_case
>>
>>782358
indeed :0
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Fujii
>>
File: nobodyknows.jpg (56 KB, 406x584) Image search: [Google]
nobodyknows.jpg
56 KB, 406x584
>>782358
pic related is a movie from 2004 that I recommend 100%. It's a dramatization to the sugamo case.
>>
>>780903
Makes me glad we drove those useless shits to extinction in Western Europe. Now I don't mind wolves returning (they might actually cause an overall net loss of dangerous beasts like boars), but bears can stay the fuck away for all I care, fuck hippies that want them back and kudos to the hunter that downed JJ1
>>
File: youre a sap mr jap.jpg (38 KB, 280x218) Image search: [Google]
youre a sap mr jap.jpg
38 KB, 280x218
>>782095
YOU MAKE A YANKEE CRANKY
>>
Have they found the baby gook yet
>>
>>782704
Why are you even on this board?
>>
>>782704
Im still waiting on the audio tapes of that one bear conservationist and his gf being mauled to death by a bear.
Too bad his family wont release it
>>
>>783086
>implying most of us aren't here because some /pol/tards spread legends of a Norwegian forum for ninjas and artisanal cairn-kickers
>>
>>783090
When Donald Trump becomes president we'll petition him to force the family to release the tapes, right after he makes anime real.
>>
>>783096
wtf kid
>>
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/06/03/national/abandoned-boy-7-missing-hokkaido-mountains-six-days-turns-sdf-training-site/

>A 7-year-old boy who had been missing since his parents abandoned him last Saturday in the mountains was found Friday morning inside a Self-Defense Forces training facility in the town of Shikabe, Hokkaido.

>The boy identified himself as the missing child, Yamato Tanooka, 7, of Hokuto, Hokkaido. Police later confirmed it was Tanooka. He was taken to a hospital in Hakodate because he looked exhausted.

>The boy told the police that he walked to the SDF facility on his own through the mountains, investigators said. The boy, who was wearing a black shirt, navy trousers and red sneakers, was carrying no food or water.
>>
>>783936

This boy is a balla motha fucka. I bet he's going to keep his rage inside and do the same thing to his parents when they're physically dependent on him.
>>
>>782704
You're a major faggot and people like you are the reason why our continent is going further into shit every single day. You hate bears but I but you love rapefugees you disgusting fuck.
>>
>>782095
Stfu slanty eyes
>>
Honorbru returned
>>
turning a delinquent into a hikikomori is good remediation I think

shame we don't do the same in the US
>>
>>780852
Man, fuck Japs, they still have that cannibal running round Scott free
>>
>>780888
Should have sent him to The Wall to take the Black Oath.
>>
>>780852
You know...maybe the kid will forgive his parrents and be glad to be back home, but this shit will haunt him forever and maybe one day as a teenager he'll get drunk, have flash backs and then murder hos parrents out of anger.
>>
>>782124
This.
>>
>>783086
Not everone on /out/ is a hippie pussy REI shopper.

Night time is when us old war vets and hunters bust out the surplus kit and 1960's vintage camping gear and have perculator brewed coffee by the fire.
>>
>>783110
Anime is already real...have seen the horrifying things cosmetic surgery can accomplish?
>>
>>784115
>Night time is when us old war vets and hunters bust out the surplus kit and 1960's vintage camping gear and have perculator brewed coffee by the fire
you forgot to take your meds again gramps

here watch some matlock
>>
>>783936
Holy shit, that's incredible.
>>
File: 1462000611706.jpg (108 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
1462000611706.jpg
108 KB, 784x708
>>782358
Wow..... So shameful, It's just so selfish, and more than that... betraying ones own bonds of sanguine ties. To literally throw ones own children to the wolves.... how disgraceful. Then to forgive such a parent?! What is wrong with these people?
>>
>>782618
This is awful....
>>
>>782095
Making a racial slure is way less bad than leaving an actual child for dead.... now having said that, I have broken a few cars windows in my day to extract babies left inside cars on 105 degree days in Stockton Ca, only to have the mothers walk out of the store an hour or so later saying I had no idea he/she was in there!
>>
>>784235
In Ontario for the first time this year the provincial police are encouraging people to break car windows or call 911 for dogs trapped in hot cars because last year like 20 dogs died in the province

First car I see with a dog in it is getting shattered
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-08-16-26.png (856 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-08-16-26.png
856 KB, 1080x1920
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/japanese-boy-abandoned-by-parents-found-alive-after-6-nights-in-forest-1.2929473

The absolute madman!
>>
>>784242
Smarter than a 66 year old woman
>>
>>784242
I don't buy that happy face for a second. Little shit is up to something
>>
>>784242

That smug son of a bitch. I'd abandon him too.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29 KB, 490x333
>>783969
Nah, those can stay the fuck away and rot in their shitholes too
Yeah I worded it a bit edgy but I stand by this, there's a reason our ancestors removed such pests.
Let me guess, you probably want back wooly mammoths and saber tooth cats too
>>
>>784312
Oh you know in a decade or two we are going to read a story about how this kid killed his parents by leaving them in the woods as punishment for what they did.
>>
>>784312
>as seen in this undated photo
>undated
>>
>>784242
I bet he went on a magical journey like in my animus
>>
>>784115
>men who've been to war want to destroy ecosystems for convenience
I don't think the veterans I know would appreciate this. As a hunter, I certainly don't want to exterminate anything except feral hogs.
>>
>>784245
Kek
And he didn't even have the option to leave navigation aids behind.
That chick was legit retarded.
>>
>>784312

I was a little shit like that so I know what he's up to. That smile is basically a big fuck you to dad. You basically tried to kill me and I had a fun adventure instead. Now the parents are fucked because there's nothing they can do to top this and this kid will be unstoppable for better or worse.
>>
File: 160603113100.jpg (191 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
160603113100.jpg
191 KB, 1440x810
>>784242

Here's a picture from after they found him
>>
>>783090
Apparently it's locked in a lock box in a bank. She hasn't listened to it. Only the investigators and that director that did the documentary on him. Famous and I can't remember his name.
>>
>>784760
>those inexpressive eyes
Confirmed for soulless. That's not this kid >>784242 anymore, his body is just a vessel for something else.
>>
>>784240
Noice

I would not hesitate to break a window to save a kid/pupper
>>
>>784779
>Confirmed for soulless
How do you think he survived? He sold his soul to the Japanese version of the devil. (White people? )
>>
>>784115
>vintage
What a faggot holy shit.
>>
>>784773
Werner Herzog. IIRC he told her to destroy the tape entirely.
>>
>>784779
>>784787
He's a jap. He's soulles from the beginning.
>>
>>784939
Ah thanks, brain derp. He's got some other good stuff out there.
In a really morbid curiosity I want to hear it. I don't know why but I do.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.