[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: the most beautiful/remote place you've meditated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_8122[1].jpg (141 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8122[1].jpg
141 KB, 960x720
Mine would be out in the Queensland bush under winter's dusk.
>>
File: Puy-Redon-Sancy-Gros.jpg (761 KB, 2804x1000) Image search: [Google]
Puy-Redon-Sancy-Gros.jpg
761 KB, 2804x1000
Truly meditating or just enjoying the setting ?

I'm gonna go with the Sancy area, Auvergne, France
>>
For the summer of 2008 I slept rough in the small high walled back garden of an empty house being sold in a village in England.

That was the most peaceful I've ever felt and I could sit for hours in the overgrown weeds and vines and the sun with nothing in particular on my mind.

I lived off the bins of the two pubs and one corner shop in the village and the garden had a tap. There was a little lean-to for firewood I slept under on a few pallets.

I would walk all day in the Devon countryside, even got into two local festivals and met people from the area, including an old hippie who lived in a caravan about 4 miles away with a huge grow-op, he helped me out with some amenities in exchange for help.

Man, that was probably the best time of my life...
>>
>>770110
Actual meditation. During the post meditation reflection phase, the view helps though. That place is stunning.
>>770185
Would they have given you food if you asked?
>>
>>770980
I asked at one pub and the lady seemed extremely suspicious, I said I was just a hitchhiker and passing through, I just carefully raided the skips after closing after that, these English villages are very wary of 'odd characters', thats why I eventually had to leave.

Imagine you're a retired upper-middle class lady living alone and you hear about some mysterious man squatting in a woodshed in your village, this is what happened, coppers were called and I had to skidaddle.
>>
>>770997
I can understand. Were you well groomed or a bit scruffy then?
>>
>>771016
Pretty scruffy when I arrived but I stayed clean and trimmed the old beard while I was squatting.
Told anyone who asked that I was part of the local festival crew or staying with a friend nearby.
But yeah, those bright mornings and hazy evenings and the absolute tranquility of the village, mostly retirees gardening and snoozing all day, led to the best mental states and contemplative walks...my meditation was never so settled.
>>
>>771029
Good strategy. I bet they were. Get a bit nippy or did you have plenty of warm clothing and blankets?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.