[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would an 05 tc be a decent commuter? I'm currently doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tc.gif (103 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
tc.gif
103 KB, 600x424
Would an 05 tc be a decent commuter? I'm currently doing work on my is300's engine. basically turning it into a 2JZ-GTE
I can get this Tc for 3k. it has 130,000 miles, and no real problems from what I can tell. But I know nothing about Scions. So is there anything I should no about this bugger? Something that needs to be changed at a specific time? Thanks.
>>
>>15074074
I dislike the TC, it really just seems like they said yes to a million different directions on what the car should accomplish and it does nothing great in any area.

I sometimes see people try to pull it off like its a sportscar with how its painted and all. Completely disgusting. I'm not against commuters. If I just wanted an a-b thing, I'd get a toyota corolla or something that just reliably got there and back thats extremely popular

I also feel like with many Scions, the tc has a certain style thats really underdeveloped and for young people or people with no tastes

For $3k I feel like in general in your case man you can get a car with less miles at least as one goal to meet.
>>
Toyota reliability. Shitty everything else.

I can't tell you how many little trunk panel accent-things I've seen missing on them.
>>
>>15074119
It's a Toyota Celica. Which since 1985 has been a "sporty" fwd girls car. It fits that perfectly.

It's an alright commuter. Will get the job done. Pillars are thick and create blind spots,mpg isn't the best because it has a 2.4 liter engine.
>>
>>15074119
Yeah, I was pretty set on just buying a corolla or something, but this was offered to me just recently and I didn't know. I felt like it could keep me entertained enough while I was building my car the right way. (There's no way I'm just gonna slap the turbo on and go.) But yeah, I honestly think another cheapo commuter is probably the way to go.
>>
>>15074165
Meh, I've adjusted to shitty mpg's with my is getting 24 at best. but there's no way I ever got that much with how I drive. Probably gonna only need it for a couple months.
>>
>>15074165
>>15074173
Yeah I just feel like... if you want a car that's fun, dont half ass it and that's the direction the Tc is. Just sorta sporty and also wants to do other things... You can't have it all and everything I see on it just reinforces that it's for someone who really wanted something else but didnt want to get the real thing.
>>
>>15074192
Oh okay. I'll probably end up selling it to a relative or something after I finish my with is. Or just keep it as a commuter/beater/Justincase kind of deal. I just couldn't see my self stranded in some awful commuter car that gets to 60 eventually. This probably sounds autistic, but it is what it is.
>>
>>15074216
I would spend money on a car you can be passionate about, since it is so expensive and you seem to like cars being here. I've had in the past cars like that where they were just to have a car and I wasnt married to em. We all have that too.

I would just advise to shop around a ton, even if you narrow it down to a specific car or two then theres so many options popping up with less owners or miles or something doesnt need fixing that another did etc.
>>
>>15074074
I got one for my gf
It's an okay car
Down on power
meh ride quality
meh gas mileage
got a letter a while back about some oil consumption but it hasn't effected me yet
My car had set in the sun too long and the paint on the door handles and mirrors has cracked and faded. The roof doesn't work right, but meh it closes properly, and the back hatch is kinda flimsy. Feels like the handle is gonna break off every time I open the hatch.
Some ricer owned it before me so it's got a short shifter which is horrible and plasti dip wheels.
3k seems like a good deal tho. I paid 7k for mine, but it had 60k miles
>>
>>15074165
No m8, never was considered a successor for the Celica, those are your own conclusions... Jeez
>>
>>15076256
>fwd 3 door coupe built by toyota with sporty marketing and larger 4 cylinder engine

What else would it be?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.