[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Favorite meme cars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
ITT: Favorite meme cars
>>
>>15006873
that version of the thunderbird is underrated imo.
>>
File: 3948593454.jpg (713 KB, 2784x1855) Image search: [Google]
3948593454.jpg
713 KB, 2784x1855
>>15006958

It looks fucking fantastic. i heard Ford gimped its performance because they didn't want i stepping on the toes of the Mustang.

Shame.. put a decent (but obviously not tacky) wing on it with some performance upgrades and you have the perfect benchracing meme-machine dressed up in a nice retro-styled "boomer" package.

The result is a car that would've triggered as many if not more supreme-gentlecucks as the Live-axle mustang did in 2011.

Of course that's all if this car actually had legitimate performance potential that Ford were keeping under wraps.
>>
>>15006958
no it isn't. It's shit.
It was styled to look like the first Thunderbird, but ignored the first thunderbird's heritage. The first Thunderbird competed with the Chevrolet Corvette. With the finicky 3.9L Jaguar V8, it was competed most closely with small engined Mercedes SL.
It was too slow for anyone to pay attention to it. An evolution of the chassis underpinned 1005-2014 Mustangs so we all know the Modular V8's would fit in there nicely. Had they made it properly compete with the Corvette, people would remember it in a different light, and the T-bird might still be around.
>>
>>15006873
It looks sooooo American.
>>
File: 2015-Mini-Clubman-850x519.jpg (63 KB, 850x519) Image search: [Google]
2015-Mini-Clubman-850x519.jpg
63 KB, 850x519
I was walking into a restaurant and saw this old dude in a brand new Mini that was completely decked out with stuff like lights, UK flag things all over it. While he was making a 57-point turn I thought the salesman saw him coming a mile away.
>>
>>15007008
Yeah, nah. Corvettes are to fucking expensive for an american car.
>>
File: 2000-cobra-r.jpg (148 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
2000-cobra-r.jpg
148 KB, 1000x665
>>15007008

>Ford having a modern sports-car that's in the same performance-price ratio as the vette
>could've been called the "Thunderbird"

I actually like the sound of that. either way Ford needs a sports-car in that segment. no doubt it would steal sales away from the vette and probably lock the two in a life-long performance battle of who can out-do who (kinda like it currently is with the Mustang vs Camaro)

I think the Mustang at one point actually was in the performance realm of some of the top-end vettes of its time (Cobra R)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5Dx2ftTwg
>>
File: 9609_MTRP_01_I_TB_MC-C.jpg (55 KB, 798x500) Image search: [Google]
9609_MTRP_01_I_TB_MC-C.jpg
55 KB, 798x500
>>15007056
>I actually like the sound of that.
That's how the 1955-1957 Thunderbirds were. They legitimately competed with, and outsold, the Chevrolet Corvette.
The reason the Thunderbird went a different way was due to Henry Ford II. Henry Ford II looked to finance for every single decision. Finance argued a 4 seater car would sell more. This is why every time a 2 seater project came up at Ford, it was killed off quickly.

From 1958-1969, the Thunderbird chief rival was the Chevrolet Impala, and from 1970-1988, and again from 1995-1997, the Thunderbird's chief GM rival was the Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
>>
>>15007008
This anon knows the story. Ford went from the halfway decent MN12 to this abortion. The only people who ever bought these things were old real estate women. Even they realized what shitmobiles these things are and "upgraded" to the next gen C class.
>>
>>15007189
Actually the DEW98 platform is pretty good but somehow that generation Tbird was absolute crap.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.