[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/, i have a question that i can't seem to google.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hey /o/, i have a question that i can't seem to google.

I have a 2000 chevy blazer 4x4 (never use it stays in 2hi) and i replaced the ujoint on the front drive shaft. Now im getting terrible vibrations while at ~44mph.

Some guy said i could just keep it in 2hi and completely remove the front shaft and be A ok for city driving. Is that true? If i did that how do i protect the spline where the shaft goes into the tcase?
>>
anyone have input on this? Will it be ok to just remove the shaft and drive normally?
>>
no one?
>>
Mechanic here, take this hot opinion for what it's worth.

Usually you want to do U-joints in pairs; at least, that's what I normally do when one comes in. Either that, or it's possible that the straps for the U-joints are toast. My bet is that the straps are toast, or not torqued down to spec. If it wasn't having vibration issues before, that is surely your bet. Did you grease the new joint after installing?

Also, the other person was right in saying you can remove the front DS and run it in 2HI. Buddy of mine had an old Jeep that I pulled the front one out of because he bent the shit out of it driving over a stump.
>>
You have an actual question that involves solving problems....

Yea it will be fine. Your dude speaks the truth. I have an awd bravada I run like this.
>>
Also how can you not google this?

Is removing front driveshaft OK?

Yes.
>>
>>15000655
get the driveshaft balanced.
>>
>>15000655
you have a 4x4 vehicle and want to incapacitate its offroad capabilities for city driving?

what in the actual fuck?
>>
>>15002685
Lol
This.
Get a fucking 93 taurus for like $600 cash if you want to city drive.
>>
Take apart the front locking hub or fit a manual freewheel hub (do this in pairs or you'll fuck your front diff) then your front diff/half shafts etc won't ever be turning during normal driving. it will improve your MPGs also.
>>
Unrelated, thinking now about buying a v6 mustangs. Thoughts?
>>
>>15002970
This isn't an option for s10 blazers

>>15000655
OP you fucked up the install somehow, yes you can run without front shaft.

>>15003477
>v6 mustang
It's a lot like a 2 wheel drive s10 blazer, like what's the point.

>Mustang GT and 4wd S10 owner.
>>
>>15000655
'99 Jimmy 4wd owner here...

You have the electric shift tcase? 3 button or 4 button? If it's a 3 button and your front axle disconnect is functioning correctly your front driveshaft shouldn't be turning.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.