[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Motors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (269 KB, 2000x1989) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269 KB, 2000x1989
Let's have a general discussion about General Motors brands and cars, both past and present.

Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Hummer, Vauxhall, Opel, Holden, Saab, and any other brands GM has owned are welcome, except maybe those Chinese brands that nobody here would know about.

Try to keep shitposting to a minimum, I know GM triggers some of you but lets try to keep this one clear.
>>
File: corvette_vs_porsche-1024x682.jpg (155 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
corvette_vs_porsche-1024x682.jpg
155 KB, 1024x682
>Try to keep shitposting to a minimum

Impossibru!

>I know GM triggers some of you but lets try to keep this one clear.

They say if you shout "alphonse" three times in a mirror he will appear below your comment.

what i'm saying is expect alphonse.

C7R seems to be doing pretty well in endurance racing. almost got yet another 1-2 finish at long beach until one of them spun out leaving just 1 of the 2 corvettes at the lead with two 911s breathing down its neck until the last lap on the final corner "whoops" one of the 911 drivers turned over the corvette allowing the other 911 to win.

I didn't even realize you could do that but it was pretty damn clever. that's what happens when you have two cars on the same team running down a single leader.

Couldn't upload the GIF but its on Jalopnik
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/what-was-this-porsche-racer-thinking-1771447250
>>
File: 08.jpg (276 KB, 1181x1631) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
276 KB, 1181x1631
>GM fangirls literally begging for a safe space
>>
>>14877883
sort of like stock car racing
where you have two mini stocks that run interference for the less agile but faster super stock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2cc_LRxZ8s
>>14877825
I like the c4
easy to handle
>>
Are there any superchargers for the 4.3l vortec v6.
>>
>>14877825
-GM has to figure out how to make decent small cars that aren't shit (looking at you Spark and Sonic)

-They need to fix their interior quality issues

-They need to make a small, S10-ish truck again

-They need to capitalize on the improvements of Cadillac and trickle it down to the rest of the company
>>
A moment of silence for Saturn, maker of great shitboxes.
>>
>>14878296
damn shame, Saturn could have been evolved into a super successful brand if GM hadn't fucked them over

And Pontiac could/should be brought back as a performance oriented nameplate in today's market
>>
>>14878308
Kind of like how SRT is to Dodge/Chrysler?

I'd be down for that.
>>
>>14878314
Yup. Anything with a POntiac badge would have to be SRT/ST/V tier in terms of performance. You could keep the Camaro and 'Vette under the Chevy nameplate, and and transition the other performance oriented platforms over to Pontiac.

You could Caddy -V tier performance in cars without all the 'luxury' tack ons, with plenty of room for a healthy aftermarket to grow
>>
>>14878285
>-GM has to figure out how to make decent small cars that aren't shit (looking at you Spark and Sonic)
true
>-They need to fix their interior quality issues
they've already come a very long way
>-They need to make a small, S10-ish truck again
Colorado
>-They need to capitalize on the improvements of Cadillac and trickle it down to the rest of the company
They already have with the Alpha platform
>>
>>14878285
One hundred years of car building and yet they haven't figured out how to make decent shit that doesn't suck donkey balls.
>I know, I figured having UAW sucking their lifeblood would make any car company suck at life.
But complacency leads to shift quality. Same for all Big Three.
>>
>>14878368
The colorado is an abomination unto the truck gods
>>
>>14878285
>-GM has to figure out how to make decent small cars that aren't shit (looking at you Spark and Sonic)
I blame Daewoo.

Supposedly the new Cruze is gonna be a rebadged Opel Astra with a bodykit though, so maybe you'll finally get a hot SS version or something?
>>
>>14878285
Chevy - kill the Spark. One subcompact is enough.
Cadillac- on track with a full line of models
Ditto on Pontiac revival
>>
>>14878368
>they've already come a very long way
True, but not far enough. It pains me to say it, but a Optima/Sonata has better interior build quality than a comparable GM sedan. They don't get that shit figured out, they are going to go FCA and just become the butt of everyone's automotive jokes again. They figured it out with cadillac, they can figure it out for the other brands

>Colorado
except the Colorado is sub-par, and has never reached the popularity that the S-10 or the ranger reached in that category.

>They already have with the Alpha platform
Again, not with everything. Not with interior quality. Not with their infotainment systems and drivetrain refinement. yes the Alpha platform is a step in teh right direction but it doesn't fix everything. They can make good cars, it's about doing it consistently now

>>14878405
Ford figured it out with the Fiesta and Focus. If you look at the Spark and Sonic as GM's answer to that, it's a fucking joke
>>
>>14878425
Yeah, I feel like they should bring over something based on the Corsa and its hot versions o compete with the Fiesta ST. Apparently those things are pretty fun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.