[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you got a traffic ticket?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 42
How much did you have to pay?
>>
>>14782872
2 years ago. BC, Canada. Went 140kph in a 60kph zone. It was a downhill section and I was dagumi.

Got slapped with $458-something I don't remember. In addition to a 7 day impoundment that cost ~$998. Then got slapped with an annual surcharge of $320/year for 3 years.

so in total, around $2416 for going 80kph over.
>>
>>14782872
$250 for speeding, I was 2 hours late for work that day. FML!
>>
>6 months ago
>slamming the gas on and off to see if it affects my oil pressure since I saw my oil pressure dip
>huge hill/bridge
>lift my gaze from the oil pressure gauge
>see cops
>oh fuc-
>wee oo wee oo they turn after me
>tell the older one I was trying to get my oil pressure up and that it was an accident
>yeah you did 71kmh on a 50 zone
>they cut it down to 120€ after I give them a sob story of being broke, recently broken up, almost out of a home and have no income
>the old guy was nice and understanding, the young dude was sure I was lying through my teeth and had income = they could fine me many times more

Paid it off the next day, didn't much care that I got it since I made loads of money off books :^)
>>
File: funny meme sign.jpg (26 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
funny meme sign.jpg
26 KB, 400x325
>>14782894
The 7 day impound sends me into an autistic rage every time I hear about it. The most expensive goddam place in north america, with the highest taxes, the most expensive fuel, and money laundering fueled real estate prices... And they decided that 400 or 500 bucks for a ticket wasn't already enough.

It's no wonder sport bikes started running from the police in record numbers after they brought the law in.
>>
>>14782910
If you're that late there's no need to rush. Nothing you can do will get you there on time.
>>
>>14782933
It could be worse. I could've gotten a 30-day impoundment if the cop decided to be a dick and scour my record for the tiniest infraction.

That's why I bought a radar detector. Never leave home without it.
>>
>7 years on the road
>no tickets yet

Probably going to jinx it but I don't know how I've been so lucky. I've had blues and reds flashed at me three times when they're oncoming and when I slow down they turn their lights off and keep going. Hell I haven't even got a photo radar ticket and I daily drove a vehicle with no speedometer for two years.
>>
>>14782894
OH CANADA
>>
never and nothing
>>
>>14782953
Just remembered I did actually get pulled over once and got extremely lucky

>freezing rain all day
>just left my parents place in town
>get a bit dagumi coming onto main road
>20 seconds later cop lights
>think I must have been speeding in the school zone (no speedo)
>closest safe place to stop is the cop shop actually
>pull in
>burnt out head light
>not wearing a seatbelt
>haven't put my new registration sticker on but its in my pouch with the new reg
>just get warned to take it easy on the icey roads and to put the sticker on when I get home

I'm just glad I turned down beers that night because I had to drive home.
>>
July 27, 2011. I got a speeding ticket in Wisconsin for fucking 5 over. 35 in a 30. that was all he stopped me for. I went back to court and was given the option to pay the dollar amount and have the points dropped or vise versa so I paid $88.80 for 5 fucking over.
>>
>>14782872
got pulled over for street racing.
got off with a 60$ ticket for expired plate sticker.

I wasn't actually racing the guy but the cop said I was and gave me a lecture about it.
>>
> dipshit friend wants to buy '90 gtr he saw on CL
> we driving 2 hours to go see it in his avalon
> hes doing 90mph northbound on i5 (everett)
> cop on overpass
> starts moving as we pass
> "dude he got me" says friend
> pulls us over
> turns out he didnt have proof of insurance in the car
> 600$ for no (proof of) insurance
> 200$ 20 over

no he didnt buy the gtr cause i told him not too, had problems.

His parents forgot to put the insurance card in the card, he went to court and ot it waived by proving he had insurance during the date he got pulled over
>>
>>14782894
Holy shit!!
>>
Came over a hill doing 72 in a 55
state trooper clocked me at 72 but wrote me up for 68 because it was my first ticket.
186 dollars
>>
>>14782872
>2012 somewhere around summer
>55 in a 30
(was in a hurry and not exactly paying attention, looked down and went oh shid. Started to slow down as soon as I crested a hill and there was a cop there)
>$300 ticket
>then $100 a year for the next three years
Fucking Jew York.
>>
>be 18
>drop a tab
>drink a couple glasses of whiskey
>smoke several bowls

time to drive home

>fuck.jpg
>driving
>go to make a left hand turn
>suddenly lights

Apparently I didn't have my headlights on. He just told me to turn them on and have a nice night

lucked out big time
>>
$70 doing 40km/hr over a couple summer ago on my bike, my dad was a cop and i'm good at talking them down

but my insurance for 6 vehicles is over $8000 a year so there's that
>>
>>14782933
This post makes me physically mad because of how true it is. I've never gotten a ticket personally, but Vancouver BC passes me the fuck off. Especially since Gregor Robertson is literally sinking millions of dollars into bike lanes people don't use.

>Closing off one of the busiest bridges in the city just to install bikelanes that were already there to begin with.
>still seeing artists on the highway riding their bikes and weaving in and out of traffic.

I'm fucking triggered desu senpai.
Can't wait to move to Scotland.
>>
2 years ago
No seat belt
$20

10 years of driving without incident
>Pull out of gas station
>In a hurry for work
>Pass state trooper
>Lights me up
>Know I wasn't speeding or anything
>He walks up, "where's your seatbelt?"
>Sorry sir I'm almost late and just left the gas station
>"Ok just let me see your license and registration"
>Goes to car and comes back
>"Have you ever had a ticket?"
>No sir, this is my first time being pulled over"
>"Well I'm giving you one for no seatbelt"
I was late for work and had to waste half a day and $20 to pay the ticket, all for an honest mistake that he could of gave me a warning for.
What an asshole
>>
>>14783209

Wow! what a jerk...
>>
I've never been pulled over.

I have really bad anxiety so I never speed. I would drop a pound of spaghetti if I ever got pulled to the side.
>>
>>14783308
I once got pulled over and didn't honestly know why.

Was shitting a fucking brick and producing enough spaghetti to end world hunger.

Meanwhile the first time I got pulled over I knew why and was calm as fuck.
>>
>>14782872
$35 for speeding. Like 48 in 30. I don't remember.

Could have bought a sweet ounce of homegrown for that $35.
>>
>>14782872
ran a red light in front of a camera
the picture shows me on the line
390$
>>
>>14783338
>1978
Grandpa?
>>
File: 672.jpg (46 KB, 625x564) Image search: [Google]
672.jpg
46 KB, 625x564
>>14783338

Kek
>>
>>14782872
Never, but I've only been driving for 4 years and generally within the same 30 mile radius.
>>
>>14783352
This has to be Illinois
>>
>>14782872
November, $85, 40 in a 25 I think.
>>
Never. Haven't even been pulled over. Feels good.
>>
>>14783271
I know. It really hertz
>>
>>14782894
Jesus Christ.

Well now you know not to go 80kph over the speed limit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pic related. Back in February. $290 for insurance violation because I lapsed for a few days while switching insurance companies when I bought my car a year ago. I'm in the process of having it waived because the state wants me to pay 600 dollars for lapsing. I thought it was cool because I'm currently insured, then got pulled over and slapped with this ticket.

I don't care if the judge doesn't fall for my excuse and forces me to pay. I just want to throw it away since it may affect my chances of getting a proper job.

Before then I have like 6 tickets from four years ago. None are moving violations, just expired registration, and driving without permission (State requires Provisional drivers to be off the road between 12am-5am unless you have important obligations).

Despite that, the cop still wrote me up for it even though I was returning from work. Didn't argue because judge let me off easy by not paying 700+ in tickets and gave me a slap on the wrist.
>>
Here we go. Some of you may remember this as I posted it on here a couple months ago the night it happened.

>8:30PM Friday night
>driving home from tutoring
> 4 lane divided road, 40mph speed limit
>doing about 42
>cop next to me in the left lane about 2 feet ahead.
>he moved around me into that spot so it was obvious he knew I was there
>suddenly the cop decides to come over into my lane
>I brake to avoid hitting the fucker
>after about 2 seconds of me making sure everythings ok, I flash my lights at him once
>big mistake
>discolights,jpg
>pull over into local power company parking lot
>cop just sits there with lights on and spotlight pointed in my windshield right at the back of my head for a solid 5 mins
>another cop shows up and does the same
> 10 mins pass of me just sweating bullets in my car wondering what the fuck I did and why there are two cop cars that are just sitting there
>cop FINALLY gets out
>walks up to my car
>I already have the interior lights on, my ID out, and my hands on the wheel
>says "I'm Sergeant Shafter of the anonville Police Department. Why did you flash your brights at me?!"
>I kid you not his name was Sergeant Shafter.
>I reply "You cut me off and almost hit..."
>he stops me short of my sentence and says "NO I DIDNT!"
>I just shutup and look away
>He goes on a 10 minute rant about flashing lights or something, I don't remember all of it but it didn't make much sense anyway
>at one point he even says "Between me and you, that was a dick move, wouldn't you say?"
>all of my strength to keep my shit together
>he finally leaves
>tfw no ticket

Fuck me, Shafter is a real cunt
>>
>>14783411
ontario

If I had been going the other direction, they wouldn't have got me, my front plate is illegible because of the shitty ontario plates
>>
File: Bruh.jpg (93 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.jpg
93 KB, 553x692
I was leaving my parents place at 11PM on a Sunday heading back to school and going about 130km/h on a 80km/h country highway (Canada). It was a long straight and no car for as far as I could see. Cop was hidden in a driveway.

Officer said she could take my car (50 over in Canada is """"""stunt driving"""""") She lowered it down to 49 so I could keep my car and go back to school for the night because I go to school 250km from home.

>Mfw went to court and they lowered it to a "failure to signal"
>Mfw went down to 2 points from 4, $400 fine to $225
>Told judge I learned my lesson and was grateful.

To be fair im only 19 and this was literally my only ever traffic ticket in my 3 years and tens of thousands of km's driving.

Bonus:
>Family friend whose a year younger than me has a dad whos wealthy as fuck
>Talkin about 10's of millions
>Buys his ungrateful lazy son an Infiniti G25x
>Literally gets pulled over 6 days later going 63km/h over
>Car gets impounded
>Sends me a snapchat of him laughing saying he got it impounded the next morning
>He hasnt learned a single lesson throughout this entire thing. Honestly thinks his dad will pay off judge/crown/cop whatever it takes. Thinks he can talk the crown out of suspending his license
>"Canada is corrupt too, man!"

Im hoping he gets the full punishment of a year license suspension and possible jail time. Its fucking ridiculous. His dad pays off literally everything the kid gets in trouble for. Fuck. Hes my friend and all but hes such a cunt. He honestly thinks his dad is gonna bribe a judge out of a speeding ticket. As if people would risk their careers for this dumbass.

>This mad
>>
Got off with a warning for 80 in a 55 last summer.

$85 for 52 in a 35 about three years ago was my last speeding ticket. I think I've racked up like 20 parking tickets since then tho :^)
>>
>>14782894
Wow youre lucky

Someone here in switzerland went 116km/h instead of 80 kmh and got fined around 2000$ and had to go to psychotherapy while his licence got nullified.
Wasnt allowed to make another licence for 1 year I think and has to start from null again.
So far he said he had to waste 8000$ just because of that bullshit
>>
>>14783629
thats nuts, how does anyone financially survive their teens?
>>
>>14783740
Probably by not going 72 in a 50
>>
>>14782894
They've done studies where negligence and bring distracted causes way more accidents than speeding does. It's easy money for the police because you can't see who's distracted at a distance until it's too late. Fuck the police anyway I have a radar detector hidden in my car
>>
2 years ago I was on the highway in my BMW. I had just gotten it so I floored it and was probably going 120 until I saw what I thought was just SHA workers. Turns out it was a speed trap, they ran into the middle of the road, and pulled ran up to my car and said "What the fuck man, license and registration, and step out of the car"

It ended up being a 1200 dollar ticket that I got reduced to about 400 bucks. still got 5 points though
>>
Not mine, but my father always likes to tell our family how he got a ticket, won the court case and not having to pay for it.

>dad is driving on road doing 40
>speed limit 40
>car next and infront of him are going faster then him
>cops pulls him over
>gives him a ticket for going 50 on a 40
>goes to court
>tells judge he that the cop never showed him his speed on the speed gun
>dad also tells judge that the other cars were going faster than him
>dad says the only reason the cop pulled him over is because he's mexican
>dad wins case

Such is life here in SoCal.
>>
October 2011 doing 82mph in a 75. I had to pay $210
>>
File: 1426988270860.gif (702 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1426988270860.gif
702 KB, 320x240
>>14783767
>They've done studies where negligence and bring distracted causes way more accidents than speeding does

I always thought this was common sense desu. Distracted/negligent drivers are deadly at any speed.

Assuming both drivers are paying attention: 10mph over the arbitrary 55mph limit is not more dangerous than someone at the 55mph limit.

On the other hand, 55mph distracted driver, head down texting, will be infinitely more dangerous. Of course, our police force needs money/local municipals need money......so it's basically a lottery tax to support your local government.
>>
File: floridian.png (135 KB, 1015x737) Image search: [Google]
floridian.png
135 KB, 1015x737
>>14782872
>live in florida
>everyone speeds all the time
>cops speed
>no one gets pulled over
>>
File: 1415051089545.jpg (64 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1415051089545.jpg
64 KB, 460x500
been driving for 4 years now, zero tickets so far
fingers crossed it stays that way
>>
>>14783740
Well if you were a teen with no money then the parents would have to pay the rest
The most live at the parents house anway, till 30. Thats when you start to move out on your own and get a gf/wife.
>>
>>14783767
>They've done studies where negligence and bring distracted causes way more accidents than speeding does
Fun fact, speeding apparently causes (or at least is involved in) more /fatal/ accidents than distracted driving.
>>
>>14783863
Speeding by how much? Considering a significant chunk of the cars on the road are speeding at any given time, that's pretty vague.
>>
>>14783829
>till 30
Its time to leave the nest m80
>>
>>14783927
thats what its like in parts of yurope. look up italy, most people live with parents till super late in life
>>
File: CTTXdV-WcAAvEIt.jpg (31 KB, 410x425) Image search: [Google]
CTTXdV-WcAAvEIt.jpg
31 KB, 410x425
last close call:

>driving behind motorcycle cop on the freeway
>he slows down to my left and pulls me over
>tells me I was speeding by going 80 in a 65
>cop was going at least 85

No one goes 65 on the freeway in SoCal, luckily he let me off with a warning.
>>
Jesus. Reading through this thread it seems like nobody hires traffic attorneys.

Last May, I was doing 60 in a 30 (coming up to a freeway overpass) around midnight, no cars in front of me, no cars behind me. Someone turns onto the street a few blocks behind me, and I think nothing of it. I come to a stop at the light, and the lights come on. I was probably doing closer to 70. The cop told me he paced me (I had a radar detector, would have known if he clocked me) at 60, and couldn't keep up.

It was a $298 ticket, I paid a traffic attorney $250, and got off completely. For pacing, they have to prove their odo was calibrated. His never had been.

Live and learn.
>>
I-5, just south of Kettleman City
3am, southbound, day before Halloween
Ninja 900, wearing full leather and helmet
Road was completely empty, no cars or big rigs to be seen
Had just gotten out of Navy, heading to LA to see an old girlfriend
Stopped for fuel and a soda in KC
Out on I-5, stopped on the on ramp and pushed the bike to red-line, bike could do 150, got it up to 145 and whizzed past a CHP heading north, he lit up the party lights and came across the median, thought about running, but the next exit was a ways off and he had a radio, so I pulled over and waited
Got a ticket, he talked about impounding the bike taking me to jail, he had a Marine Corps tattoo on his forearm, mentioned just being out of the Navy, so he let me go with the ticket
Came back for the court hearing, the CHP was a no show, found out later he had been in an accident and was in the hospital
Judge dismissed the ticket
In the years since I have not had so much as a parking ticket
>>
I have only had one ticket on my 5 years of driving
>about 21:00
>driving to gfs house way out in the country, haven't seen another car for at least 30 minutes
>wanted to see what my fuel economy was like at different speeds
>doing just under 160km/h
>sure enough there was a cop on the side of the road
>hit the breaks
>he only sees me doing ~130km/h
>bumps my speed down a bit since I've never had an infringement
Ended up with a $400 fine, 1 month licence suspension and 6 months added to my Ps.
I never told anyone about it, but soon they're all going to wonder why I'm not off my Ps
>>
2 years ago almost exactly, doing 85 in a 70 and to piss me off more it got my license suspended too. I was actually going slower than left lane traffic.

Cost $110
>>
>mfw my government decided to enforce speed limit 3 days ago
>>
>2 years ago
>have early day off work in the next city over
>speed home on Marine Drive (Vancouver)
>doing 80k in 60
>implying anyone goes the limit on Marine
>faggot cop hiding in the little alley just before Elliott
>runs out onto the street and directs me over
>this nigga could have died just trying to meet his quota
>I also probably could have peaced it and gotten away
>I'm pissed off so I'm not polite to him
>cop threatens to take my license away cuz I said I wouldn't show up to court to dispute
>gives me ticket for ~140 dollarydoos
>don't pay it for months
>dad ends up paying it after getting a letter in the mail
>>
>>14783927
Its in a lot of places here in europe
Especially in switzerland, lifes fucking expensive.
If you try to live on your own with 25 all your money will go toward the jews. Youll be happy to have something to eat.
>>
I have never been pulled over, but i probably should have been many times

>foggy af ( can only see 75m ish)
>doing 110km in 80 behind another guy
>we pass cop and nothing happens

>doing 100km in 60km
>pass cop and nothing happens

^thats happened many times

>My buddy is trying to buying drugs off a guy
>I am waiting in the car nearby
>see cop coming down the road
>he see's whats going down
>buddy jumps in and we rip
>he tries to follow, but i turn my lights off (its night) and dart through housing community
>>
>>14783927
My cousins in Switzerland moved out at like 26 and 24. Not sure what they do for a living, but they sure as hell don't keep a lot of their income.
>>
>>14782894
BC reporting in, where you at brah? White Rock here.

>>14782872
I got a "failure to stop for a yellow" a few years back. I didn't even know they could ticket you if you exited the intersection on a yellow, but apparently they can if the officer feels you could've stopped. I probably could've gotten it dismissed in court but $135 wasn't worth missing a day of work over.
>>
>>14784086
>pass cop
Both times the cops were at the side of the road hidden in a radar type position
>>
>>14783352
>go to court
>"there was a big truck tailgating me"
>"braking sharply would've caused an accident"
>camera won't argue back, ticket dropped
>repeat every time you get a red light ticket
I'm on #4 and no issues yet.
>>
>116 MPH in a 65 MPH double fine zone.
>Forgot license in other vehicle
>Be real cool with cop because already know I'm going to jail
>Long story short let's me off with a deal
>He writes ticket for 100 in a 65

Drove away with a $355 ticket but hey no jail or impound.
>>
5 years ago after a wreck for failing to yield.

Was waiting to turn. Asshole had his blinker on to turn into a parking lot, slowed down to turn-- and when I pulled out to make a left hand turn the fucker t-boned me. Now I never trust people when they signal.
>>
December 24th, 2015. Middle of the night, on the highway (70mph limit). Decide fuck it, gun it for a small stretch, lights turn on in the median, fuck, clocked me at 114. Writes me for 114.

Go to pay ticket after reading its ~$250, get there and its $600. Ask to fight it informally in court. Cop doesn't show up, no cost, no points on license(Michigan), no insurance rates going up.
>>
>>14783322
I hate when they do that
>pulled over for absolutely no reason
>been pulled over 3-4 times, I speed on long drives sometimes, never nervous at all
>cop is walking to my window, can't think of what the fuck I even did wrong
>get really nervous, cop picks up on that and thinks im drunk
>wants to search car for drugs
>my drugs arent in my car because im not retarded
>lets me off
>why was I pulled over?
>>
File: 1457466699885.jpg (30 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
1457466699885.jpg
30 KB, 610x475
>>14782872
I had a close call about 2 years ago
>girlfriend persuaded me to see her before work with ye ol suckaroo
>by the time were done I have 5 minutes to clock in
>high tail it outta there and hit freeway works only 10 mins from my work
>doing 100+ mph weaving in and out of traffic in my old 89 carry
>camrys dieing inside doing 5k on the freeway with close to 300,000 miles
>I'm dieing inside knowing the pain I'm causing my camry
>2 mins tell I'm late 4 mins away
>still 100+ my off ramps 1000 feet away
>old person in class A motor home taking the off ramp and have little time to cut in front of him
>floor it around him
>as soon as I do I see a cop in the median hiding behind some bushes
>have one of those slow motion moments
>me and him lock eyes for what seems like 10 seconds
>I'm fucked he knows I'm speeding plan run away route in my head
>I pass the motor home just in time and I see the cop is still sitting there in my rear view
>run the light and keep going to work
>take a frontage road (regular road that runs parallel with the freeway) back the way I came a little bit to work
>I can still see the cop mother Fuckers just sitting there
>thank baby Jesus he didn't pursue me
>clock into work 30 seconds late
>cry about the stress I put my car threw the rest of my shift
>>
>>14783338
>ounce
>35
yeah right man I bet your dad is the growe-
>1978
oh ok, maybe then
>>
>>14782872
God damn construction site automatic camera got me at FUCKING 10:00 ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. I'm sure there were plenty of traffic workers on the site then. And it was as I was merging onto the highway. Yea, salty.
>>
>2007
>73 in a 45
>~$400 and 6 points
>Pled down in court, $160 fine and 2 points

>2007
>43 in 30
>~$250 fine and 4 points

Then nothing until 2014
>3 seatbelt tickets
>"careless operation"
which means
>63 in a 60 and a dickhead cop who knows the judge would throw out that speeding ticket
>go to fight it and the judge says it's a discretionary ticket, and if it's the cop's opinion I was going too fast, then I was
>$150 and no points since it was a bullshit local statute

>then speeding
>48 in a 35

The best thing I figured out, is that cops in this area put a "Thin Blue Line" decal in the middle of their license plates on their personal cars, so I bought some off of Amazon and put one on my tag. Literally haven't gotten a second look since. And I've done some stupid shit front of cops. Like going 85 in a 60 construction zone.
>>
>>14782953
Same feeling here m8.4 years and ive been pulled over only once,never got a ticket.
>>
Paid $100 USD and took a course had mine dismissed.
>>
I was going 33km/h over on a 4-lane highway, I saw the cop as I turned the corner.

Thought to myself "Gee, why is someone parked on the end of that exit ramp from the bank with their lights off?"

Woop Woop. No points just a reduced fine $55, from $250 with 3 points. Ontario guy
>>
January. 43 in a 25, small town speed trap.

$110, 0 points.
>>
>>14782872
4 years ago: 65 in a 45 at 2am. Drunk, ace the FST. Let go with the speeding ticket that was $125.
>>
>>14784130
thx man, ill try that next time
>>
>>14782943
well cops do take about 2 hours to check ur name in the computer to see if you got a warrent and other nonsense
>>
>Sir do you know how fast you were going?
Uhh no (130-140)
>I was only able to catch up to you when you decided to slow down
Uh oh..
>I'm going to write you a ticket for 90, you know I could arrest you on the spot?
I know you could kill me on the spot
>Damned straight, I'll be right back with your ticket
>>
File: 084a.jpg (319 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
084a.jpg
319 KB, 1200x900
Almost 2 years ago now, it was $240 which is pretty standard. I was my 8th or 9th ticket.

I was driving pic related and the cop had one of those newfangled "laser" detectors that you can only detect the moment they hit you with it. My detector went "laser alert!!" I looked up, saw the cop in the trees off the road and knew I was fucked. I was going to run because there's no way he could've scanned my plates from where he was, but it was a 2-lane highway and there were lots of cars going the limit ahead of me so I just sucked it up.
>>
>>14784130
underrated post
>>
>>14783573
>wealthy as fuck dad
>babby infiniti

Still fucking hate that stunt driving shit. 150 on the 407 is so easy to do. Unlimited lanes when?
>>
>>14782894

Dear Canadabro.

I am so sorry, holy shit, that's some draconian shit there.

Sincerely.

A geniunely sympathetic Amerifat.
>>
File: 1457243482286.jpg (118 KB, 846x756) Image search: [Google]
1457243482286.jpg
118 KB, 846x756
>>14782894
>Be Canadian
>Speed
>Pay $2400 out of pocket for gibsmedat gubmint funding
>>
>>14783863

False. Almost all accidents are caused by distracted driving, and the vehicle would have to be traveling at *some* speed for it to occur. The reason for the accident is because the driver was distracted/did not react properly, speed was merely a secondary factor that magnified the damages.
>>
>>14782872
Never
>>
>>14784872
What if you are going so fast you get distracted by how fast you are going? What if you incept yourself?

WHAT THEN MOTHERFUCKER?
>>
File: 2142356664.jpg (32 KB, 617x409) Image search: [Google]
2142356664.jpg
32 KB, 617x409
>>14784889
>LUDACRIS SPEED
>>
>burnt out taillight
>$28 but the officer had extras in his trunk and changed it with me on the side of the road
>>
>>
almost got one today

>driving speed limit in right lane
>car in front of me moves over, clear path ahead
>decide to speed up to about 65 in a 50
>car that was closely following me for a mile slows way down
>lol pussyyyy
>suddenly notice cop in rear view
>oh shit
>slow down and signal to change lanes, but its already too late
>cop speeds up to creep behind me in other lane
>now going about 50
>waiting for him to pull me over
>other car wants to merge in front of me from ramp
>slow down
>car merges
>pig drives away
>dont have to pay $200
>>
Are Radar detectors worth it?

I don't normally speed or even go 5 over.

But I'd like to start
>>
File: 1457902684395.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1457902684395.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
>>14784920
>>
First and only ticket ever was a $558 speeding ticket. Was clocked at 117mph in a 70mph, wasn't my car, 5 people in a 4 seater.
Shit myself when I didn't go to prison.
Was also caught slowing down.
>>
>with brostang : 72 in a 50 (kph) got me 120$ i think
>with parents dodge caravan : 131 in a 100 cost me 230$
>>
>>14783060
i drove with a leftover weed high once
never again
i was doing 50 on the highway and it felt like i was in a LMP1 on the Le Mans straight
>>
>>14782872
78/60. $170 fine, Virginia
>>
>>14785210
>things that never happened
Driving stoned does not feel like this.
>>
About 2 years ago
>Driving on a backroad in my Miata
>Overtake guy going 5 under in a passing zone
>Cop sees and pulls me over
>Starts going full nuclear rage about how I "could've killed someone"
>Writes out a ticket for like 5 different nonsensical offenses
>"AND DON'T TAKE IT TO COURT BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE"
>Take it to court
>Win
>Pay nothing

That guy was a huge cunt.
>>
>>14785098
I don't really understand the point. If it detects when the cops radar you isn't it too late? Or do you have a chance to slow down?
>>
>>14782872
a year ago

45 in 30

Country road leading into town, Honestly didn't know the speed limit. Could of easily been a 35 or 40
>>
File: 009b.jpg (1 MB, 1627x1220) Image search: [Google]
009b.jpg
1 MB, 1627x1220
>>14785098
I have a 7 or 8 year-old $100 one (pictured, sorta) and it has saved me MANY times and I speed a lot, everywhere. Just keep its limitations in mind (hills, hospital X-rays, shopping mall scanners). Also, as I mentioned above, there's nothing you can do about the new "laser-band" speed detectors some cops have, but they're really rare and I've come across that fewer than 5 times since the first one I encountered 2 or 3 years ago.

Just remember, all the officer can get you for is exactly the speed that they detect you at or less. When I see a cop ahead or hear that familiar "Ka-alert" I always hit my brakes immediately until I'm under the limit. A lot of people think that the cop will pull you over because they see you braking, but they can't just for that unless you stop in the middle of traffic or go below a posted minimum speed limit.

Also, for all you anons, some cop cars can instantly scan all license plates within a range around them, but I think that's rare right now. Either way, if you are considering evading an arrest, consider whether they may have scanned your plate or not.
>>
>>14783550
u got shafted bub
>>

On my cellphone 40 over the speed limit in a bus lane.
>>
>>14785268
Depends on the band that they're using, but 99% of the time (X-, K-, and Ka-bands) you can detect it 0.5 to 2 miles ahead unless there's a large hill or building i the way. They either drive around with their speed detector on or they sit around with it on scanning ppl as they pass and the bands I mention send waves in many directions, not just straight ahead, so you can often pick them up in plenty of time.

Laser (LIDAR) speed detectors shoot a very small wave beam of unseeable light straight out and you can only detect it right when you get hit with it, no matter how expensive your detector is.
>>
>>14785297
Do you have an FM butterfly brace?
>>
>>14782872
Last year, HOV lane violation, $160

Only ticket I have ever received.
>>
>>14785358
>Only ticket I have ever received.
wat a good little cluck you are
>>
>>14785345
Do you know what's used in Australia? I wouldn't mind one but it's probably illegal.
>>
>>14785369
Radar detectors are illegal everywhere but WA.
>>
>>14785364
Oooh, someone's butthurt that he's a shit-tier speeder and is too blind and stupid to spot cops and know where they like to hide.
heh
>>
>>14785382
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>14783550
> do this in australia
> get a ticket for having high beams on within 200m of another vehicle
>>
File: P4100703.jpg (706 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
P4100703.jpg
706 KB, 1280x960
>>14785297
Where in AL are you?

Hoover here.
>>
>>14785401
Am speed like cat
Am scare like bomb
When you are work
make fuck your mom

filling face with types of drugs
many ladies want my loves
talk-talk girls be using door
just admire skills of whore

Driving car, danger speed
alcohol is fuel for me
powerslide for extra cool
I hit man, he is fool

Every person hear my rhyme
very popular, my rhyme
even if I don't make rhyme
I AM GREATEST RAP
>>
File: 229a.jpg (679 KB, 1475x1000) Image search: [Google]
229a.jpg
679 KB, 1475x1000
>>14785357
No I do not. I happen to have FM F&R anti-sway bars though.

>>14785409
Alexander City is the closest town (or gas station) (or anything) and it's 25 minutes out from my place. I guess we're relatively close; I even have a dr's appt at UAB hospital next week.

Pic related is somewhat close, too, the Cheaha mountain run, which is the curvy drive up to AL's highest point that is mostly a biker secret (but, conveniently, I used to be down with all the bikers around Anniston/Oxford when I lived there).

>>14785369
I have no idea.
>>
>>14785231
>drugs have the exact same effect on all people as they do on me

been pulled over but never fined
>>
File: Cheaha.jpg (8 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
Cheaha.jpg
8 KB, 299x169
>>14785497
>Cheaha mountain run

Map pictured. There are a lot of overlooks and incline changes.
>>
File: RV.png (702 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
RV.png
702 KB, 1024x678
>>14785515
>drugs have the exact same effect on all people as they do on me

But... they technically do unless you have a drug-drug interaction (e.g. antidepressants and 5-ht2a psychedelics), you can't process a drug for some genetic reason (e.g. codeine), or you have some crazily-different-than-normal liver enzymes. It's just the way you react to the changes that's different. I've driven while literally smoking weed easily (easily!) 400 times and I don't see how it could impair your driving abilities unless you are young, new at smoking, and/or paranoid as fuck. But, that's all for another thread [Panda5 sips opium tea].
>>
ITT:
>speeding tickets are a cash grab!
Bullshit. Don't speed and you will never get a speeding ticket. It's that simple
>>
>>14786117
>Don't speed and you will never get a speeding ticket.

How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?
>>
>>14783550
Reasons why my dash cam be rolling always.
>>
>>14783957
related.
>last saturday
>driving north from socal
>coming down the grape vine
>chillin with an audi S3
>S3 slides in front of me
>maximum nascar drafting
>reach a flat at the end of a downhill touching 95
>start slowing down
>OH FUCK CHP ON THE SHOULDER
>he fucking pounces
>catches up quick
>but not to us
>pulls into the far left lane (we were in the middle)
>grabs a minivan that had been like 6 lengths behind us
no idea why he didnt get me. i can only assume it was because he couldnt get a proper radar lock because i was too close to the audi.

anyway last ticket was about a year ago, 83 in a 65 got bumped down to a 78 in a 65. $278
>>
I have 3 tickets on record and 3 times I should have gotten tickets.

>16-19 MPH over, guilty
>20-24 MPH over, guilty
>6-10 MPH over, guilty (but pled down from a bigger ticket)

>Be me
>be late to school and held up behind a bus doing 50 for 5 miles
>finally get into a passing zone
>downshift into 4th and braap
>decide to stay in it because lel why not?
>Doing close to 90 when I let off
>cherries and berries
>hammer my brakes
>clocked at 87, officer put the wrong name on the ticket and I hired a lawyer. I ended up with no fines or points.

Story 2
>Be me
>go to remote ass location with gravel road outside of small town.
>break my exhaust so it's basically open headers. Oops
>slide my car around on this road doing 6k rpm open header in my car
>start heading back through town
>Sheriff in opposite lane pulls into parking lot and starts turning around
>I hang a right and book it down a back road
>he never caught up
>>
>>14785297
there are laser jammers, which are illegal
>>
>>14786305
Story 3
>Be me
>Be after work on a snowy day
>I am doriftaru master
>Drift the exit to my workplace parking lot
>as my car is fully sideways I spot an undercover pulling into the lot
>mfw
>Doesn't turn on his lights so I book it
>Do 45Mph in a 25 with officer quite far back
>hang a left onto a road that has nothing else on it for a while
>book it up to 90Mph
>slow back down to 60 because I'm going past a business
>Another officer waiting in the lot
>hammer brakes so I'm in the speed limit
>he pulls me over
>original officer comes and asks me why I was sliding
>"it was slipper"
>asks me how fast I was going
>"I was doing the speed limit"
>Nobody had me on radar or camera

I got so lucky
>>
Got one last winter for "improper use of an electronic device while operating a motor vehicle". here's the memetext

>working in chicago
>in corporate environment
>get promotion
>comes with relocation to NYC offices
>have to find an apartment
>decide to schedule a whole week's worth of apartment visits while I crash at an old college buddy's apartment
>driving to his place in long island from the airport
>get to literally less than a half mile from his house
>stopped at red light
>pick up my phone to look at Waze and figure out exactly which side street I'm gonna be turning down
>light turns green
>start moving
>hear siren
>cop pulls me over
>just give him my license and reg
>don't say anything
>get ticket
>immediately call traffic attorney to do the usual "reschedule for 15 months out and hope the cop forgets what the fuck happened" strat
>fork over $375 in fees but it's better than having points on my license and my insurance skyrocketing

fucking NYC pigs man

christ almighty I was ready to blow my fucking top because of how close I was to my destination when I got pulled over. fucking hell
>>
>>14783827
Depends where you are, don't fuck with tourist areas. They'll fuck you in the ass hard.
>>
$30 for a minor accident in my mustang when I was 16
>>
>>14786326
not in GA, and a few other states as well. Radar jammers are ofc illegal here though
There is "proper" usage, though. You can't just be jamming every laser that gets shot at you while continuing to speed, or you will be pulled over and ticketed based on the officer's judgement. Once the jammer has detected and jammed a laser attempt, you immediately slow and disable the jammer as soon as you are at a legal speed.
>>
File: 1434773543027.jpg (52 KB, 974x792) Image search: [Google]
1434773543027.jpg
52 KB, 974x792
June of last year

>on the way home from work
>2am
>coming down hill near my house
>60 in a 50
>cop at bottom of hill
fuck

>he chases me and pulls me over
>loud as fuck rx7
> "ur car is awful loud"
> is that why you pulled me over?
> no u wer speedin
> 10 over

sat there for an hour while he ran my info and ended up with a 250$ fine

mfw
>>
Today, Calgary AB, doing 72 in a 50. Fined $185.

Fuck sakes
>>
>>14782872
never gotten a ticket in the FD

they can't catch the black shadow
>>
Never been ticketed. My last warning was for 47 in a 30 two years ago.
>>
>>14782872
Last December didn't roll to a 100 % stop at the stop sign. I might have been rolling like 1 cm per second. I neglected to show up to court and two weeks later I paid 230 dollars the full ticket price
>>
File: 1456348384721.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456348384721.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>>14786456
I feel for you my calgary brother <\3
>>
Not even joking.
>on way home from beach
>get pulled over going 60 in a 55
>cop seems chill
>"you were only going 5mph over so the ticket is only gonna be $50, that's the minimum"
>get ticket in the mail, $250
>fuck you pig
>>
File: 1422043911987.png (27 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
1422043911987.png
27 KB, 720x408
>>14782872
About three years ago I got my first and only ticket.

Was somewhere in downtown Houston coming home at night going down I-10 eastbound. Have always thought the speedlimit was 70 or 75, doing 79.

Road rises up a little bit before going under an over pass, see cop on shoulder after I crest the """""hill""""", he hits his disco lights.

Speed limit was 60.

Get a ticket, tell court I'm going to do defensive driving. Pay something like $100-$150

Procrastinate because of work and just generally lazy.

Day before deadline I end up going to the courthouse and just paying the full ticket price.

Insurance didn't even go up.
>>
>driving through the suburbs at the speed limit
>one headlight on my shitbox is dimmer than the other
>drive past cops
>he spins around behind me and pulls me over
>yellow stickered
>>
I have never gotten a ticket for a moving violation. The last time I got pulled over it ended with me and my buddies sitting on the trunk of my car showing the cop and his lady partner videos of the fight we just saw at wild wings. Tickets are for bitches
>>
>on masspike
>cruise set at 72, limit is 65
>step on it a little to get out of truck's blindspot thru a bend
>pulled over for 12 over on the fucking highway

the ticket wasn't bad, around $130 I think. What makes me mad though is it's honestly safer to get out of their blind spot quickly, the officer wasn't convinced though kek
>>
Late for work about a month ago. Was driving like utter fucktard. Blowing through yields speeding 20mph over on residential roads. Full throttle between stop signs. Undercover cop starts following me. Realize am 13 secs away from house. Proceed to rush to my house faster around corners he has to slow down around because hes not used to them. (I'm driving Lexus is 300). I park in front my house facing wrong way. About to get out and he puts lights on. I'm like fuck my life. It's over. Cop tells me my violations. Reckless driving, speeding, etc. I'm like ok time for prison and license suspended and car impound. At the end of it I just say I'm late for work. Sees it's first time pulled over. Asks where I work. I say Sonic. He says well.... I like eating their so I'm going to give you a big break and let you off cause I don't want you to spit in my food. Lolwut.jpg say thank you and just sit there for a whole after he leaves. Got pulled over later that day again for going up a one way road that had retarded sign placement do it was hard to see behind a bush. Cop just said turn around and your good. Eventful day. Don't plan on getting pulled over again. Sry can't greentext newfag lurker life
>>
last ticket was like $250 for going 120 in a 90.

There was a cop driving behind a swerving semi that was going 120.
He was going down a fucking hill where big trucks are restricted to 80, i pass at like 125 because that truck was doing sketchy shit.

Cop pulls me over for not displaying a new driver sticker thing and speeding.

I wouldn't even fucking care but the fact the cop was speeding, and behind a semi doing 40 over and I get a ticket? Bullshit.

BONUS:

Almost lost my licence, going 130 in an 80, broken brake light, not displaying new driver thing. Would have been about $1000 and lose my licence, but just got a warning.

Needless to say I don't speed anymore.
>>
>>14782872
I got caught doing 90mph in a 65mph zone in New York awhile back. Having Connecticut plates probably didn't help matters. I went to court and ended up paying $193 and getting three points on my license (11 or more and your license is suspended). If I hadn't gone to court it could have been over $300 and 6-7 points plus I would have needed to take some bullshit driver reeducation course.

6 months later I was pulled over in Connecticut doing 68mph in a 45mph zone. I didn't go to court and only ended up paying $183 and receiving no points on my license.

After that I got a radar detector (9500ix) and took some time to learn about how radar and LIDAR worked and made sure I understood the limitations of the detector.

I've been pulled over since but never for speeding. It's probably been 2-3 years at least. I think I got those tickets sometime back around 2012. Any stuff since was small and didn't result in any fines.
>>
Driving for a year, no tickets ever.
Because cope are corrupt as fuck I did get illegally detained once and cop took around 12 USD to let me go and not impound my car because that very fucking day I had taken all my documents out of the car to pay insurance and taxes, and forgot then at home.
>>
>>14785369
Not only are they illegal in all the good states, but our highway patrol are all LIDAR.
They're also all running automatic license plate detection and can show up at your house before you even get home
>>
>>14786117
>hurr i believe in a small, pointless metal thing on the side of the road rather than driving to my car, my abilities and my vehicles condition
You're one of those dumb cunts that does 100/60 on an extremely tight, shit road with massive potholes in their shitbox with 10 year old tyres, aren't you? Just because that's what you're 'meant' to do?
>>
>>14782872
Never, Geo Metros aren't capable of going above any speed limite
>>
>>14786785
You can try LIDAR jammers. If radar detectors are illegal jammers probably are too but it's worth looking into if you're interested. I don't know about Aus but in the US radar detectors are legal everywhere except VA and LIDAR jammers are legal in most states but VA and several others have laws against them.

They basically involve multiple sensor heads on the front and rear of the vehicle near the headlights and license plate. They detect any incoming LIDAR and fire back a much strong laser that overwhelms the one coming from the LIDAR gun. Most these days have special programming to defeat the many variable pulse rate guns on the market too.

They're very effective but very expensive too. A full 4-head front/rear install can run upwards of $1000. It's up to you to determine whether that's worth it or not and cops might not really like it if they find it, even if it is legal.
>>
>>14786813
Good system runs 3k. A friend of mine has a lead foot, a 1000hp M3, and a perfect driving record. They are fantastic.
>>
File: 1422068833125.jpg (16 KB, 316x323) Image search: [Google]
1422068833125.jpg
16 KB, 316x323
>>14782872
My birthday two years ago for going 51 in a 40. Paid around $170.
If I had tits and a vagina I could've said "It's my birthday!" and effortlessly gotten away scot-free.
>>
>>14786700

gotta go fast
>>
>be 5am on a Sunday
>literally zero traffic to be seen anywhere
>pass one pig in the middle of town going speed limit right on the dot
>on outskirts of town, see the sign changing from 50 to 80 limit
>what are the chances I'll see 2 pigfucks within 10 mins at this time
>lost the bet, another one oncoming
>lights me up for 54 over which equals "stunt driving"
>have my medic bag in passenger seat and in medic uniform, no priors
>"brah ur gonna fuk my lief pls no'
>don't curr, impounds car for 7 days, had to call mommy to take me in to work
>tell my other job which I drive for that grandpa died and I had to be out of town for 7 days
>pay 2k retainer for a lawyer to get reduced to "disobey sign" 2 points instead of 6
>the fact my car was impounded for "stunt driving" stays on my driver abstract tho

>work finds out 6 months later when pulling my abstract, claimed I had no idea I had to report it, they said oh ok didn't connect the dots

>I've found ways around this on my abstract and still have a good career and well-paying job but god damn if it doesn't haunt me almost every day

>fuck my life, seriously tho
>>
>>14782872
illegal window tint and no front license plate. not sure how much its gonna cost me cause I haven't even glanced at the ticket yet.
>>
>>14787013
kek. I got a dwi, was in jail for 2 and a halfdays. called my work from jail, told them the truth, and still kept my salaried management position at a pretty large US corporation.

Also, don't drink and drive. It's never worth it and you put other peoples lives at risk.

Are you like a trucker or something? Why would they fire you for stunt driving?
>>
>>14787026

see

>have my medic bag in passenger seat and in medic uniform, no priors

wasn't impaired, just running late for work
>>
>>14783927
amerifat here. live in mom's basement, but I make $54k/year, have access to a fully tooled garage, barely anything in the way of bills, and girlfriend has her own place.Pretty much living the dream, m80.
>>
>>14783827
I've only had one speeding ticket and it was in florida.
>>
>>14782872
First and currently only ticket, three months ago
>on a road between towns, one lane to each direction
>wintertime limit 80km
>but road is dry, clear and no traffic, no cameras so I do ~110-120km
>bus is coming on opposite lane, nothing weird about that
>except that's a FUCKING COP CAR BEHIND IT FUCK
>brake
>too little too late, get them red'n'blue lights
>pull over to bus stop that happened to be there
>internally screaming because I don't know how much they got me at
>102km
>200€ fine

Now I'm paranoid about oncoming cars, they are cops until proven otherwise.
>>
>>14782872
Have not had one in 7 years of driving cars and 3 years of riding motorcycles.
>>
>>14782894
It was worth it. Rage your dream.
>>
> Tacoma bike cop doing "residential enforcement"
> Tacoma. Like Seattle but a little further south and a whole lot worse.
> Pass officer
> CHiPs
> Pull into Safeway parking lot a block away
> License and registration
> Said he pulled me over because my car smelled like it was going fast
> Said I have a coolant leak (2002 540iT)
> mfw I'm on probation for something not traffic related
> Comes back with a stack of paperwork
> Front plate too low.
> 60 in a school zone
> Felony evading
> Says he's going to have my po pick me up
> Sure officer...
> PO shows up (4 blocks from her office, on my way to see her)
> Talks to officer
> Pulls GPS from under my car (Dat deceitful bitch)
> Hear her demanding the watch commander
> Watch commander shows up, they talk for what feels like forever.
> Get my stuff back
> PO tells me to go to her office and wait for her.
> She shows up an hour later
> Anon, do you have any idea how much paperwork this is going to be?
> fuckmejail.gif
> Get told to go home and fix my shitbox.

Got an extra 8 hours of community service, because she despises paperwork.

Also get told to stop driving down 38th in 2nd gear...
>>
>>14783957
>No one goes 65 on the freeway in SoCal
No shit. First time I drove through there was night. I was doing 75 in the far right, and got lit up for impending the flow of traffic. Just got a warning, but was told very clearly to keep up or get out.
>>
>>14782872

>getting traffic tickets ever
>>
File: mettaton lol @ u faggot.png (7 KB, 158x194) Image search: [Google]
mettaton lol @ u faggot.png
7 KB, 158x194
>2013
>Germany
>August
>GAMESCOM TIME
>my mom is off to Turkey for two weeks on holidays
>she has a Smart, I have a license but no car to myself
>I ask her if I can take the car to drive to the Gamescom
>"No anon, you only got your license in the spring and never drove that far, it would be dangerous"
>she's right
>tell her I will take the train before she leaves
>but she's also not here
>FUCK IT, SHE'LL NEVER KNOW
>picture a 6 foot 3 dude with a huge beard crammed into a Smart car together with his equally large cousin on the shotgun seat doing pedal to the metal 150 kph on the Autobahn from Stuttgart to Cologne
>the Smart threebanger is screaming its head off at 4k rippems for three hours straight
>at one point get passed by a '95 Opel Astra station wagon in all red that was vinyl'd up from front to back in Bad Apple Touhou memes, with Flandre with wings all across the hood
>three NEETs inside that looked like they came right out of any /jp/ autism greentext you can imagine, one fat at the wheel and two beanstalks in the back
>arrive there, manythingshappened.gif but that's more of a story for /cgl/ than here
>on the way back to the hotel at the very last fucking day
>do 62 in a 50 kmh zone because all tuckered out by a long day of con-going
>[orange flash]
>I go pale
>two months later mum gets the picture in the mail
>15 euro ticket, but that wasn't my issue here
>the worlds' face when
IT WAS WORTH IT ANYWAY
>>
File: BMW 1800 TISA.jpg (57 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
BMW 1800 TISA.jpg
57 KB, 680x383
>>14782872
November 2014, somewhere in East Germany. 71 in a 50 kph zone, had to pay 85€ and got a point on my license.
>>
only been pulled over once for speeding

was doing around 70-80km/h in a 60km/h zone (i was doing 80, then saw him and put on breaks, so must have clocked at 70, or he was just good to me)

he just gave warning said 'ill let you off but GG if you get pulled over again'. I'm pretty sure they were doing a drug testing 'blitz' thing, because the road I was going to was towards area where a lot of drug users are (though there's a lot in my area, so anywhere would catch them but it's more known that area is). and after that I read on the news a lot of people got caught with weed in their system, and most were from the area I was going to.

Was good though that I got warning even though I was driving in that direction to go on back roads to hoon. was in an import car, which had some little modifcations, and didn't have full license yet.. so I thought he was gonna fuck me and give fine, go over the car to defect and stuff. he could've if he wanted to since he had to wait 5 mins for saliva swab drug test to work and see if I did take any drugs (which I actually did too, which made me shit myself even more, but I said I just took some codeine/paracetamol before for a headache, incase 'morphine' or 'codeine' showed up, though i'd actually taken a little opium the night before)

I've had times where I've been hooning going 60+ over the speed limit, then I'll slow down because I think there's going to be a chance of their being a cop... and then there usually is one. last time was on a long open straight and I decided not to full throttle through all the gears, did small one then once speed limit i stopped. then just up the road right behind a car (cops seem to go pretty close, probably to hide thier car from incoming) there was one.

after that I stopped hooning for a while.. I still feel worried about doing it even on backroads. even before i got caught i only did at night and flicked lights off for second before corners to check for cars
>>
10 years driving

always do 80 on the 65mph freeway

got my first ticket a few weeks back. everyone in my lane was doing 80 and the cop decided to get me.

he knocked it down to 72mph and the ticket was 170. i did driver school online and it cost 208 but took the points away.
>>
>>14787057
No you're not.
>>
>>14786700
just put a > at the start of each line, and BAM! greentext
>>
File: 1450627996237.jpg (78 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450627996237.jpg
78 KB, 768x1024
>get pulled over
>take of seatbelt to get my papers out of glovebox
>seatbelt ticket

$40
>>
>october long weekend, 2006
>100k road limit, 90 license limit (provisional 1 driver at the time)
>highway patrol hit me with LIDAR... 94k
>4 FUCKING KMH OVER THE LIMIT
>$144, 6 points, and 3 months suspended license

fuck australia
>>
I've had a few tickets over the years (10 or 12), never cost more than $50 and the occasional insurance surcharge. I knew I was speeding, cops were generally cool about it, no hard feelings all around. The stop that still enrages me is one I didn't get ticketed for:

>driving Miata, not exceeding speed limits
>make a left turn after signaling, followed by an immediate right, then another left almost immediately after that
>blue lights & sirens everywhere
>"Sir, I pulled you over because you didn't brake for the turn. License & registration please"
>"It's posted for 30 mph, no braking was needed. I didn't so much as squeal a tire"
>"We don't tolerate reckless driving in this town"
>keeps me sitting there for 10 minutes, no ticket
>>
>>14783550
Lol. Dude I have nothing against police most of the time, but in my experience, a great many are on a constant power trip. If you challenge them in any way (no matter how small) they will take GREAT offense and attempt to shut you the fuck down.

That said, I can imagine doing what you did myself haha
>>
>>14787057
You're living the dream m8 Id kill for that
>>
>>14783791
That's badass
>>
>>14787739
Sorry to tell you, but your opinion is just flat wrong.
>>
File: What_The_Fuck.jpg (14 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
What_The_Fuck.jpg
14 KB, 556x561
>>14784773
His dad wanted to give him an RS4 but the kid wanted a G37s. When they test drove the G37s his dad said it was way too strong for him and that he'd either get in an accident or get it impounded. So they compromised on the G25x. Still fucks it up.
>>
>>14788141
probably because police don't have any other job to do than *enforce* the law. They just observe and react to infractions of the law. Arguing over whether or not you broke the law is what court is for. Why are you wasting your time trying to challenge a cop when you should be arguing to a judge or maybe even lobbying for laws that you disagree with?
>>
File: howfast.jpg (128 KB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
howfast.jpg
128 KB, 608x336
not really a ticket ...
cost me 500, served by state prosecutor

actually, that was a breddy guud deal
lawyer cost me another 500, though
>>
>>14782872
I've never had a ticket. I always get off because I'm a well mannered white guy.

>85 in a 40? No insurance? Expired license?
>I'm gonna let you off with a warning.
>>
File: 145800391545.jpg (88 KB, 585x463) Image search: [Google]
145800391545.jpg
88 KB, 585x463
>>14782872
>4 months ago
>Picking up a few family members doing holiday shopping
>As I drive off, a cop van pulls up behind me
>blue_n_red.swf
>Officer GED and his partner surround my car

>Officer GED: "Do you know your center brake light is defective?"
>Me: "no, my brake lights are fine, I had them checked a few months ago"

>The fuckhead takes my license + reg. and issues me a ticket because 1 freaking led blew out
>Show up to traffic court yesterday
>Check bulletin board for my hearing room
>See mean as fuck Judge Shekelstein handing out "GUILTY!"s left and right
>get nervous as fuck
>he calls up both me and Officer GED
>Dropout cop starts explaining from his write up why he gave me the ticket
>see smugfaced judge leaning in his chair ready to hand out another "GUILTY!"
>Flunky cop eventually gets to the part about only the center brake light being defective
>The Judge looks up in surprise:

>Judge Shekelstein: "Only the center light?"
>Officer GED: "yeah only the center"
>Judge Shekelstein: "NOT GUILTY"
>Officer GED: "a-are you sure?"

>They both ramble on in disbelief while I'm walking out with a grin on my face and $180 still in my pocket.
>>
File: black-man-arrested-409x350.jpg (121 KB, 409x350) Image search: [Google]
black-man-arrested-409x350.jpg
121 KB, 409x350
>>14790201
>>I will fix my tail light sir. Please don't give me ticket.

<<<This happens next.
>>
>>14782872
>live in chicago
>intersection cameras AKA yet another tax on the working class
>cameras catch any minuscule infraction that has to do with intersections including making perfectly safe turns at 1 sec after when you should
>many intersections have lanes/light positioned in such a way that you literally can't see turn lights and stuff in traffic
>get auto-ticket because the turn light you can't see changed as you were going through
>guilty until proven innocent, you have to take a day off work or whatever to even have a chance to contest (you don't)
>previously the cop had to physically show up and testify to what you did if you challenged and they usually didn't

never been actually pulled over. it's honestly really worth biking over driving here most of the time. you can break/bend so many road rules on a bicycle and never get stopped.

payed like $150.
>>
>>14787774
>making you go slower than other traffic because you are a new driver
>this is safe

I don't even feel that bad about being in Canada now.
>>
>>14787386
>Said he pulled me over because my car smelled like it was going fast

u wot m8
>>
File: 7876454122347.jpg (4 KB, 162x168) Image search: [Google]
7876454122347.jpg
4 KB, 162x168
I got lucky
>driving on highway to work thats 20 minutes away
>usually go 80mph in the fast lane when going to work in the morning which is what everyone else is pretty much going on the 65mph highway
>going there early as fuck in the morning like 3am early
>no cars on the highway so im flying at 99mph
>not even thinking how fast im going until i realize im going 99mph, might as well go 100mph
>see state trooper on the side of the road in the distance despite the total darkness
>oh fuck, big trouble for me
>slow the fuck down as i pass him by down to 70mph
>am I good? nope he pulls out right behind me
>no lights? so i must be good! nope, lights turn on
>pull over to the side of the road
>"why you driving so fast son?"
>"honestly, officer, this highway is crowded later in the day, i just try to keep up with the flow of traffic. The empty road threw me off so I was literally didn't even realize how fast I was going"
>he runs my licence and registration
>expecting a BIG ticket
>comes back and tells me hes giving me a warning and to slow down
>based state trooper
>>
>A month ago
>Get pulled over for a stop I supposedly didn't do
>Cop can't ticket me because I could clearly state he didn't see me do it behind the fuck huge snowbank he was using as a hideout
>Hand him my papers
>20 minutes later
>Hands me 103$ ticket
>Registration paper wasn't signed
I do have to say that cops seem reluctant to give me demerit points. I don't know if the fact my dad is in the RCMP has anything to do with it. I know there are at least two times they should have seized my vehicle and I got off with a warning.
>>
>>14785190
>44 in a 30

Whoa, better slow down there, partner.

You're going to kill everyone, going 44mph!
>>
delivering pizza in virginia. I as doing 65 in a 25. Ran the only speed trap in town. cop wrote it down as 18 over so i didnt get reckless. Took it to court, pled guilty, paid 60 dollars in court costs and took a driver safety course online. I deliver pizza to the jail and the police station so thats probably why.
>>
>>14790913
>be in chicago but don't live in chicago
>run yellow right turn arrow just as it turns red
>camera flashes
>never get ticket in the mail
was pretty happy about that
>>
File: 1459362112411.png (441 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1459362112411.png
441 KB, 4500x4334
>>14782872

Speeding like 12km/h over the limit on a country road, wasn't paying attention, $200, my girlfriend cried.
>>
>>14782872
So far I have been pulled over twice in my life and never received a ticket. It feels weird because I speed all the time, and I know one off these days they're probly gonna get me
>>
>>14782872
Funny that this pops up, I got one 4 hours ago. The road is two lanes and pretty straight and the speed limit is fucking 30. No one goes 30 but I got pulled over for going 50. Buuut my other ticket I got last year was dropped so it showed this way my first ticket, only paying 50 dollars. Cop was kind of a dick honestly but atleast its not a big ticket.
>>
>>14782872
>Loss of Control over a Motor Vehicle - $200 but no demerit points

i was super happy with this, since any other fine would of meant the end of my license.
>>
File: 1453395269275.jpg (25 KB, 648x468) Image search: [Google]
1453395269275.jpg
25 KB, 648x468
>>14782872
Never got one since I'm a law abiding citizen.
>>
$200 bucks for improper left turn.

I actually turned left not in the turn lane while the turn lane light was red. But he decided not to kill me.
>>
File: cucked.jpg (154 KB, 2048x1302) Image search: [Google]
cucked.jpg
154 KB, 2048x1302
I've been pulled over for speeding three times.

>121km/h in a 50 (CBR600_
>75mph in a 55 (visiting USA, MINI Cooper)
>87km/h in a 50 (BMW 328i)

I've gotten off with a warning every time. Just be polite and respectful and white.
>>
October 2012 in Montreal, Canada.

Driving 122 km/h on a 4-lane highway, the ONLY one in the entire city that isn't full of potholes, with a 70 km/h limit.

52 km/h over the limit, 670$, 10 demerit points, stays on my record for 10 years because it is judged as "excessive high speed".
>>
>>14786700
>sir, why were you speeding?
>I'm sonic
>ok, have a nice day sir.
>>
>>14785231
idk fambam I was driving stoned just last week and 35 felt like 60 it was pretty trippy
>>
File: 21552902505_ccc71b6d33_b.jpg (200 KB, 1024x671) Image search: [Google]
21552902505_ccc71b6d33_b.jpg
200 KB, 1024x671
>>14793218
Luckily my 92 Sambar doesn't go fast enough to beat the speed limit
>>
>>14793148
That legitimately made me laugh out loud. But yes I almost laid the price because I gotta go fast
>>
>>14787740
Thank you I will remember you kind words. Man /o/ is so much nicer than the cancer that is /b/
>>
File: 213f1234124f12.jpg (44 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
213f1234124f12.jpg
44 KB, 184x184
>>14793148
>>
6 months ago, $300 after contesting it in court. Got caught going 95 in a 65. Even though i was going 109. 1mph faster, and I would have been tagged for wreckless driving
>>
File: 731.jpg (54 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
731.jpg
54 KB, 600x505
>>14793807

<<<U lucky bastard
>>
>>14793807
is this kmh?

here any speeding ticket over 80mph (or 20mph over the limit) could be reckless driving, up to cop's discretion
>>
>>14782894
Consider yourself lucky, you lose your license for going 80km over over here. And probably have to show up in court as well
>>
I got a speeding ticket in a John Deere Gator on a military base.

I got out of it because

1. Gator's stated top speed is not higher than the speed limit
2. It has no speedometer. So how could I stay in the the speed limit?
>>
Never because I don't break the law you bunch of scum sucking niggers
>>
>>14796672
Oh look at the good boy here you must love slurping on your Jewish masters cock
>>
>>14796698
hey Jamal don't you have some laws to break and some whites to shoot or since this is /v/ run down in your cadillac
>>
>>14793223
>make a turn at 15 mph
>fall over
>>
File: 1457249118529.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457249118529.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>14796383
>>
>>14790952
Yes, this actually happened. I don't know how or why, or what the actual fuck.

38th st. in Tacoma, coming off of I5, about 2009. I couldn't fucking believe it.
>>
Six years ago. 72 in a 60 in I270 during AM rush hour. Barely faster than prevailing traffic in far left lane. In a Subaru Forester! Bullshit fucking ticket by an asshole cop. $142 including online "traffic school" to waive points.

Fuck I hate Revenue Enhancement Officers sometimes. Dickheads. Go solve a fucking crime or something.

I always down vote referendums and shit dealing with public employees now. And ask me how I feel about Fraternal Order of Police calling me for a donation....
>>
5 years ago... Pennsylvania 100 in a 65, trooper wrote it as a 96... Wanted to see if a Toyota Prius could break 100... $102 proved somehow it could
>>
>>14782953
>31
>no tickets (except parking tickets)
>have driven almost every day of my life since i turned 16
>got pulled over once, but i have no idea why
>was late at night in the suburbs
>totally sober, driving home from friends house
>see flashing lights and pull over
>cop came up to my window and asked how i'm doing
>told him i'm fine
>he said "be safe out there" and walked back to his car and drove off
>>
>>14782894
Ouch m8, cop must of really hated you.

Last year.
150 in a 60, fined for 120
Victoria BC Canada
150$ fine no impound.

>when's the last time that thing was calibrated officer?
>>
>>14798118
Lucky bastard. Cheer m8!
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.