[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cars you like but don't want to buy because of their reputations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 300ZX.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
300ZX.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
Cars you like but don't want to buy because of their reputations

I'll start

Z32 300ZX
>hard as shit to work on
>notoriously expensive to fix and maintain for a japanese car
>most of them are complete basket cases now
If it weren't for them being such a nightmare to work on, I would totally buy one. I like working on and modding my own car and it makes cars that are expensive to fix and maintain much cheaper, but I hate cramped engine bays and having to take a shitton of things off to get to any one part.
>>
>>14812793
every single problem that car had could have been fixed by changing the motor.

That big, heavy ass v6 vg30de?
it didnt have enough power to make up for its weight and size

they should have used a VH41 or a single turbo RB
>>
>>14812820
Yeah, the engine is really heavy, just like every other japanese TT 6 cylinder (RB26DETT and 2GZ-GTE are both fat as fuck too). Still it managed to be quite fast. They managed low 14s stock which wasn't bad in the 1990s, and made the later 350z look like shit. On modern tires, a bone stock Z32 will keep up with a 350z with ease.
>>
File: my300zx.jpg (604 KB, 1978x1113) Image search: [Google]
my300zx.jpg
604 KB, 1978x1113
I heard the same shit a bout them, ended up buying one anyways and I fucking love it.

You're right though, you'll end up sinking a lot of money into it due to how expensive parts are (small aftermarket) and a lot of jobs that are simple one on other cars will take you a lot longer to do. If you do get one, the biggest thing to really worry about are the 20+ year old rubber hoses and lines in the engine bay, a lot of them crumble or rip and start leaking. Make sure you inspect the engine bay every few weeks for the smell of gas, the instant you start picking it up is a good time to go through it and change out all your lines and anything else that's fuel related (regulator, damper, filter, etc.)

Honestly though, as big of a pain in the ass as it is, I'd recommend one 100%. Probably one of my favorite cars, it really is a driver's vehicle from top to bottom.
>>
I had a 300zx. It grew on me hard after I bought it. Had about a million things wrong with it but it didn't die. It's probably the best bang for your buck if you can find a turbo with manual. Will be around 10 grand. Easy to get another 100hp out of the turbo with a tune and maintain reliability.
>>
>>14812793
>black on beige interior, muh dick
i've been lusting over them for a while, hoping once i start as an apprentice i'll be able to scratch some coin together to get one. Interestingly enough, my brother bought a N/A Z31 for his first car and the engine bay is just as bad
>>
These things are cheap as fuck in Australia. For whatever reason they don't have the hoon reputation of the Skylines and Silvias so they don't have the associated boy racer tax.

There is a shitbox auto Twin Turbo with alarm issues for $500 on gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/loganlea/cars-vans-utes/1990-nissan-300zx-fairlady-coupe/1106040702
>>
>>14819023
>Great Shape. Could use some TLC.
>>
>>14812863
i thought stock z32s beat stock z33s
>>
File: IMG_1225.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>Camshaft position sensor not clipped in by a cunt hair
>No longer runs
JUST
>>
>>14812793
Quite a few desu.
>300ZX
as well, though I expect that'll honestly be my next car.
>3kGTVR4
Dream car for forever but I'm afraid I don't have the income to take care of it atm.
>NA miata
Kinda want one, kinda don't care for the associated stigma, kinda don't wanna pay the tax for a clean, low mileage one.
>240SX
pretty much same as above, exchange hairdresser stigma for jdmtytemadskidzyo stigma
>2005 BMW M5
Always seemed comfy.
>any older audi S-line
I want but I can't.
>>
>>14812793
Is it just me or was 300zx designed with pop-ups in mind but somebody decided they had to go since it was too heavy due to the engine being fat already?
>>
File: crxbackground_5.jpg (183 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
crxbackground_5.jpg
183 KB, 1023x682
>>14812793
88 CRX HF
>community is horrid and most are modded to shit with fart cannons

>eaily one of the most nigger magnets even if completely stock from niggers to spics and asians especially dirty asians.

i love these for some reason but cant bring myself to get one.
>>
>>14815754
>>14816757
Yeah, but working on cars is easy and enjoyable to me, and I refuse to own cars which make it hard through cramped engine bays and buried components. I've seen enough of the TT300ZX to know that I don't want to deal with that crap.
>>
>>14819213
>E60 M5
I've owned one, and can say they're comfy but not to where you would want to daily drive it. I had the SMG trans which was great at speed, but struggles with slower driving. Also the running cost is enough to sexually confuse you.
>>
File: 00e0e_aWJ93PZj5FJ_600x450[1].jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00e0e_aWJ93PZj5FJ_600x450[1].jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>14812793
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5486937930.html
>wanna get an british car
>can't afford to repair an crap one
>every british car is an dice roll
An hero time :^(
>>
File: RX7 FD.jpg (67 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
RX7 FD.jpg
67 KB, 500x333
le dorito machine
>>
>>14819418
Oh god, I would not have bought one if it had pop ups. I just can't stand pop ups in general.
>>
>>14821263
Undeserved reputation IMO
they really aren't all that bad as long as you don't abuse them. I think people fly off the handle too fast any time a japanese car isn't like a corolla or civic where you can just completely neglect and beat on it for 100,000mi and still drive it around with little worry about whether you'll break it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.