[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boomer Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x500
>be office wagecuck
>sit a few cubicles over from boomer fleet manager
>all day forced to hear his conversations with clients and vendors
>constantly bragging about shit
>"hurr durr muh retirement is so great"
>"hurr durr muh house is so big"
>"hurr durr muh family is doing so well"
>"hurr durr muh Harley Davidson"
>HARLEY DAVDISON.jpeg
So /o/, what is it about boomers that makes them feel the need to constantly sperg over how great their shit is, especially vehicles?

Also, boomer hate thread
>>
>>14788077
It does feel a bit like they had access to;
>cheaper education (university used to be free)
>cheaper housing (The prices are insane these days. Thanks Mrs. Thatcher)
>cheaper money (not sure about that 90% interest rates were bretty high)
>better job prospects (now everyone has a degree, and a job for life just doesn't exist anymore)
>Very good public and private pensions
>Lived in a simpler world without SJW, LGBT, feminism, political correctness and health and safety bullshit
>>
>>14788077
how about a whiney millennial thread?
>>
>>14788150
And they didn't have to compete for jobs with millions of chinks and curry-niggers like the current generation has to due to globalization.
And they still had easy access to various full-time manufacturing jobs with good pay, social security and a wide range of other benefits.
>>
>>14788077
>retirement
>still working
what
>>
>>14788077
When you're old and you've worked your whole life you would probably feel a need to showcase all the nice shit you have, since you're almost too old to even really enjoy it.
>>
>>14789272
>tfw social security and pension programs will be fucked by the time you're that old
>tfw going to die poor

fucking boomers
>>
>>14789289
>tfw going to die poor
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>14789297
hope you have a good career then, you won't get shit after retirement like grandpa did
>>
>>14788077
when they die 80% of their money should go to pay off the national debt
>>
>>14789289
If you have some money, I'd put it in like a mutual fund or something as soon as possible, let that be your retirement fund.
>>
>>14789310
Been setting aside money since I was a wee little lad. So far I have $7.
>>
>>14789310
It's called savings man. My old calc teacher used to say if you save 8% of every paycheck on an average job you'll have enough to retire on by the time you're 65
>>
>>14789329
Save 65% and you can retire in 8 years
>>
You guys still think you'll get any sort of pension after you retire? Lmao, how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>14788150
But you have access to The Internet. Literally a billion idiots right in front of you all the time waiting to make you right and you don't need any of that shit all you need is a good idea and the motivation to see it through.
>>
>>14789361
Not everybody is a born innovator. It would be nice for computer guys to not have to compete with Pajeet for jobs, etc.
>>
For real OP. Lately I've been realizing my mid 50s dad is the most stereotypical boomer.

>owns three Corvettes (C4, C5, C6)
>out of nowhere got REALLY into Harleys, now has three Harleys, and a ton of random Harley accessories and whatever else
>Posts local right wing politic memes on his Facebook
>Always lectures me on how none of his stuff matters, and that all physical possessions are crap, and that education is what matters, then goes and spends $10,000+ on swapping in a new motor into his C5
>I can tell all he wants is for my brother and I to finally move out so he can move to somewhere way nicer to retire

I mean, still a great guy, just funny
>>
>>14788077
Boomers are people who have done nothing to be handed everything and complain about problems they don't have and brag about things they didn't do.
When my father talks to me about the importance of my state pension, I just laugh.
The upside is there's a real likelihood we'll all be living Mad Max before we end up old.
>>
>>14788077

Why don't you cuck him OP?
>>
File: Untitled.png (474 KB, 1217x879) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
474 KB, 1217x879
>>
>>14789881
>putting an NB in storage

Lmao
>>
>>14789776
You want this guy to fuck his own mum?
Its a good plan but I'm not 100% sold on it
>>
>>14789720
>>Always lectures me on how none of his stuff matters, and that all physical possessions are crap, and that education is what matters, then goes and spends $10,000+ on swapping in a new motor into his C5
He's trying to tell you that all your possessions could disappear and do nothing for you. But if you have broad training and education you can always put food on the table.
>>
>>14789755
>The upside is there's a real likelihood we'll all be living Mad Max before we end up old

am i the only one on here who hoards old vehicles like a mentally ill person?
>>
>you will never easily find a job you'll keep until retirement
>you will never actually retire
>you will never own several cars and two houses
>you will never decide to go "fuck all those cars, what I neew now is a boat"
>you will never be a boomer
>>
>>14788077
Some actual boomer hate
>Be me in highschool
>blathering about how I will never be able to afford a musclecar until im in my 30s cause i was a sperg
>boomer teacher says "why dont you get a nova and fix it up, those things are cheap"
>tell him novas havent been cheap in a decade for exactly that reason
>doesnt believe me when i say no desirable classic is cheap like he used to see
>>
>>14790034
All you need is an AK and a Land Cruiser or W123/6.
>>
>>14790046
i'm more into bikes
>>
i know some boomers

they've helped me get insane deals on vehicles (some of them don't use the internet very well, so they have their own marketplaces) and i've learned a lot about wrenching from them because they're retired and have more time to fuck around and get less stressed when things don't go right

also, when they get too old to wrench and their shitty millennial kids have no interest in cool old shit, they unload their lifetime collection of tools onto you
>>
I actually like our parents generation. For the most part they aren't useless numales whos entire existence revolves around video games, trendy leftwing politics and whining.
>>
>>14789881
>over $12000 in the car
>stock 1.8
>>
>>14790116
Instead it revolves around tv, medicair/social security and whining.
>>
>>14790116
Hmmmm, I wonder which generation allowed, enabled and supported the rise of feminism and trendy leftwing politics...
>>
>>14788077
What about millennial hate thread?

>WAAH WAAH IM ENTITLED TO A SHINY NEW CAR I DEMAND IT WAAAH WAAH ;_;
>I'm just so triggered by my shitlord parents
>>
>>14790046
>tfw I can't wait to roll in my lifted squarebody that I've rattlecanned matte black, sawed off exhaust, and hanging my AK out the window.
>>
>>14789720
Dood rightwing politics amirite?

Sooo out of touch with us trendy millennials XD
>>
>>14790303
Think of the average terrible fb macro. Politics on fb is retarded in thr first place.
>>
>>14790309
You know who's responsible for the rise of Facebooks and social media?

Millenials
>>
>>14789264
You can be retired and still work a job.
>>
>>14790320
Wasn't it gen x?
>>
>>14790388
Nevermind I'm retarded
>>
>>14790254
>another braindead tripshit

Into the filter you go.
>>
>>14790395
>>14790388
>>14790320
>>14790309
>>14790303
Back to plebbit, tripfaggot scum.
>>
>>14790320
>its the millennials the boomers are making themselves look retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 419x640
>>14791348
>defending Millenials

WEW
>>
>>14789350
You don't have retirement savings that isn't connected to some wage slave company fund?
>>
>having to deal with your average boomer in any type of sales or customer service situation
>>
>>14791425
>may I speak to your supervisor, son?
>>
>>14791434
It doesn't matter what situation, 98 times out of 100 they are always self absorbed, entitled shit bags.

My wife has stories with boomers that are as bad or worse than the shit I've put up with
>>
>>14789337
save 100% and you can retire whenever you want. FUCK THE POLICE.
>>
>>14788150
I just started a job this year at 65k and the company I work for wants me to stay for my life.
I absolutely do not want to.
>>
>>14791510
excuse me if i dont cry you a fucking river.
>baww i got a good paying job for life
Suck it up, in my area 65k is a gold mine. Most people make under 20k here.
>>
>>14791510
this is the kind of shit millenials cry about boomers getting
>>
>>14788077
kek, do you work for JBH?
>>
File: image.png (239 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239 KB, 489x499
>mfw my rant thread is still alive 24 hours later

>>14794905
>JBH
Nah, I work for a gubment agency
>Inb4 gud retirement and benefits
Nope, the boomers locked my generation out of the honey pot a few years back. Pretty much just wageslaving here so I can do fuck all everyday and have weekends off...living the dream!
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.