[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a car ricer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 00P0P_4sVp5vJM61I_600x450.jpg (40 KB, 467x450) Image search: [Google]
00P0P_4sVp5vJM61I_600x450.jpg
40 KB, 467x450
Wassup /o/ I need advice on a car I'm looking at to buy as my first stick. pic related but this is the CL if u wanna check it out:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5482166395.html

Is this car a ricer? Let's not count the stickers as I will obviously remove those asap. Some potential ricer things:

>aftermarket headlights
>aftermarket tail lights
>tow hook
>carbon fiber wrapped vinyl hood

Also, guy told me the tires will be black and not white when I go to check the car out. Should I get it? Or should I go with this subie;

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5519125153.html

thanks
>>
Is this a post?
>>
>>14773549
Yeah, the tow hook and fake carbon fiber are pretty ricey, but they can at least be removed if you're not interested in them.
>>
File: FBPFA5.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
FBPFA5.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>14773549
>never beat on

Kek. don't believe that for a second. \

Civic Si's are generally considered to be "factory rice" by /o/, but as long as you like the car, you shouldn't care about what other people think. That being said, I actually own one of these 8th gen Si's (pic related) and mine's been fairly good to me. I think his price is a little low if his car is in "great condition" as he says.

As far as learning a manual on this car, I think you should be alright. However, these cars have transmissions that are hit or miss. You should have a friend or parent that knows how to drive manual test drive this car to see how it shifts. 2nd and 3rd gear synchros have been known to have problems as well as the CMC. Oh, and the clutch engages really close to the floor, like 1 inch of pedal travel is all you need to hook up - so it can be easy to stall if you're not paying attention.

Looks like he also has the 76mm catback from Skunk2 (he lists it as 75mm which..they don't make that size), so I'd take a close look for any leaks or shitheaps underneath the car. I have the same exhaust, it is very very loud so if you don't like that much noise, you should check and see if he still has the stock piping. That and with the CAI, he really should have hondata flashpro installed and have a base tune at the very least on the car, otherwise I'm guessing it's not running as smoothly as he states. Just the fact that the car has been modified should make you pretty leery when checking this car out.

Other than that, it's a great car. They're reliable, maintenance is relatively cheap for a modern car, and they are a blast to drive. Not that fast if you're looking to drag, though.

That subie probably isn't bad either, but I think it's gonna be a little slower to 60 mph if that type of thing is what you're looking for. Although, it's probably a safer bet than a Civic Si that has already been riced.
>>
File: 1435424915465.jpg (165 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1435424915465.jpg
165 KB, 600x600
Ricer means

-Abused clutch
-Redlined all day long
-Suspension probably tired
-I'm guessing the gearbox/diff isn't too hot either

Also
>drilled and slotted rotors

top kek.
>>
Also, just sayin: the coupes were made in Mexico and the sedans in Canada.
>>
yooo thanks for all the replies everyone especially;

>>14773686

this car came up on CL today. Since the Civic Si guy in the OP is still getting paint touch-ups on the car and I need a car asap, I'm trying to find another car to get.

Any thoughts on this?

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5522551710.html

You said mods should make me wary about the car. This one is way more modded. Bad idea?
>>
>>14773549
I'd get this instead:
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5522398801.html
>>
>>14775213

My parents are helping me pay for it for a car through college and there's no way they'd put their money down on a car that old.
>>
>>14775215
Perhaps this then? http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5501095809.html
>>
>>14773549
theres a guy out in cornwall on hudson with a really nice white foxbody... I wanted to go see it but he's 3 hours from me and was a real pita about showing it to me. Yea tho I'd go see the foxbody instead OP whenever he posts it for sale again.
>>
>>14775219

Interesting. How's prices with maintenance with Mini's in comparison to the Si or an Impreza?

Also, my insurance will be at "high risk" (don't ask) so if this car is pricey to insure it's a no-go.
>>
>>14775235
I mean it'll be more painful than a honda, but maybe less painful than a questionably modified honda. That one seems like it's been really nicely taken care of and probably has all major maintenance done. Call your insurance or get a quote online if you're really interested.
>>
>>14775250

Damn now I'm looking at Mini's and I see the first one that comes up in terms of "newest added" and it's got everything I want..

...but it's an automatic. I'm crushed.
>>
>>14775219
holy fuck not unless you wanna be broken down 24/7
>>
>>14775567

why would that happened?
>>
>>14775567

apparently this model for this year is really reliable i don't see why it'd be broken down like that
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.