[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
300zx Z32
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on them?
Over rated?
Under rated?
Unreliable?
TT good/bad?
N/A good/bad?
Good first car?
Good experienced enthusiast car?
>>
>>14764479
I owned two NAs. They're OK.

pros
>cheap
>RWD
>surprisingly well built and reliable
>V6 makes decent power compared to comparable cars from that era
>handles decently
>interior aged well

cons
>kind of a nightmare to work on
>interference engine
>death trap (but then again, so is any car from that time)
>most of them have been thrashed and/or poorly modded, so finding a clean one is getting harder and harder
>heavy as hell
>slow (NA)
>gas hog
>squeaks and rattles errywhere
>wind noise
>t-tops leak

I can't speak for the TT. My experience with the NA is that the engines are pretty bullet proof if the cars have been maintained properly. They're very reliable. The problem is they're all old, so you constantly have to replace wear items. So it's not unreliable, but it'll always be in need of attention, if that makes sense.
>>
I had one. Previous owner modded it. Was pushing high 300 whp. Was beaten into oblivion, had a number of problems wrong with it including coolant leak, exhaust leak, valve misfire, front bumper falling off a few other illegal things but it was an amazing car. One of the best I've ever driven.

Reliability is good. Has lots of potential. Really great technology at the time.

It's up there with the Supras and Skylines. If you can pick up one, def go for it and try to restore it. Go with the TT manual obviously.
>>
>>14764586
>interference engine
So like most vehicles. Why the fuck would you ever list this.
>>
>>14764479
>Thoughts on them?
I enjoyed mine when I had it but it was a total money pit.
>I sold it for what I paid for it despite putting thousands into it.
>Over rated?
Yes
>Under rated?
Nope
>Unreliable?
Never had any major problems with mine but I did fuck loads of maintenance
>TT good/bad?
Bad. Quick but not really worth the effort. Stick with N/A
>N/A good/bad?
Alright still a very cramped engine bay and fairly lethargic.
>Good first car?
No
>Good experienced enthusiast car?
Nah

The good owners have all jumped ship.
>Z forums were good back in the early 2000's.
>Awesome older guys with years of wisdom.
>Everyone was very helpful
>Lots of DIY tutorials
>Making fun of riced cars
>All around good people
>I quit in late 00's and came back a few years later
>Both forums I liked had pretty much gone to shit
>The good member were all gone
>Those DIYs were mostly gone
>Virage of cancerous first posts, how do you fix ___, and Look at my riced out garbage mobile
>Almost every Z32 I see on the road (not that many anymore) have been ruined
>Cars hit a certain price point and the owner base suffers
>Good riddance
>>
>>14764731
Because OP will probably never know when the timing belt was last changed. It's a painful job to replace. If he doesn't replace it, it'll fuck his shit up if the belt ever snaps. Sorry I triggered you, bitchboy.
>>
>>14764586

I agree with this and it's the reason I would never get one as anything other than a fun project car to dump tens of thousands of dollars into.

>the money to do that

I see Dodge Stealths running for 5k here. And guess what? NOPE.

>that suspension

NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
S these are basically the 350z before it was a 350z?

Why does everyone hate the turpo ones?
>>
>>14764882
>Replacing the turbos means removing the engine
>>
>>14764902
Also dont they overheat? I heard their radiators are small as fuq even the n/a ones like to die
>>
>>14764912
to be fair replacing a radiator is simple af
>>
>>14765003
I miss having to mod my shitbucket.

Weird buying a car that i really didnt have to mod at all.
>>
>>14764829
So like most older used vehicles. You're fucking retarded basically.
>>
File: 1458941818882.jpg (271 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1458941818882.jpg
271 KB, 1536x2048
>>14765046
I said it was a con. What exactly are you trying to say here?
>nuh-uhh! it's not bad! all these other shitboxes had it so it's good!
Are you fucking stupid or something? Tell me how it's not a con.
>>
>>14765079
basically every fucking car has an interference engine. if youre listing that as a con you may as well list 'having to change the oil every 5k miles' as a con too you fucking jackanape.
>>
>>14765116
Don't forget uses tires. You know since they are expensive and require expensive machinery to mount and balance.
>>
>>14765116
>con
>has fuel pump
IT'S A CON BECAUSE IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS IF THEY FAIL AND YOU DON'T KNOW IF THE PREVIOUS OWNER PUT A NEW ONE IN MAN.
>>
currently own two, TT Slicktop is modded to hell, the other is a big fat slow NA

basically, I wouldn't buy one unless you were passionate about those cars in particular or are willing to put in the time/money to maintain a 20+ year old japanese sports car that has likely had a rough life.

reliability isn't an issue assuming it has been cared for (finding one that's been cared for is an entirely different issue altogether)

As a car though, taking my twin turbo for a spin always puts a smile on my face
>>
>>14765116
You're right, I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought that non-interference was the majority. Learn something new everyday.
>>
>>14765116
CONS:
>4 STROKE ENGINE WHICH WASTES 50% OF ITS CRANKSHAFT REVOLUTIONS
>UTILIZES AN ALL METAL EXHAUST SYSTEM WHICH IS PRONE TO RUSTING
>HAS A/C WHICH OCCASIONALLY NEEDS REFILLING CAUSING YOU TO HAVE TO ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOWS WHEN IT BREAKS
>ELECTRONIC DOOR LOCKS WHICH ARE A POINT OF FAILURE POSSIBLY LOCKING YOU OUT OF YOUR CAR STRANDING YOU MILES FROM HOME
>HAS POWER STEERING WHICH CAN FAIL IF YOUR SERPENTINE BELT SNAPS CAUSING YOU TO HAVE TO PULL REALLY HARD TO TURN THE WHEEL
>HAS FOUR WHEELS INSTEAD OF TWO WHICH DOUBLES YOUR RATE OF FAILURE FOR WHEEL BEARINGS AND BRAKES AND TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO FILL TIRES UP WITH AIR AT THE GAS STATION
>>
>>14765208
its okay, now you know. interference engines are overall a great thing because they increase engine efficiency due to utilizing higher compression ratios and higher lift cams which leads to increased power and lowers fuel consumption, among other things.
>>
>>14764731

You are a faggot irl.
>>
>>14765246
And you were a mistake just like anime. Ask your parents, faggot.
>>
>>14765286
Anime isn't a mistake

Why would u say that
>>
I love them, I think they look good and the interior is awesome.
I have a TT (haven't had it running in a while unfortunately) and would never personally own a NA. They have lots of potential, hell we have a local one running 10.1s at 6kft WITH the VG still in it.
>>
>>14765212
I mean, most cars have 4 wheels
>>
I have a '91 2+2 with a twin turbo conversion and I love it
overrated? possibility but I rarely ever hear people talk about them outside of specific forums
mine's been pretty reliable but I've serviced or replaced just about everything now since it's approaching the 300K mark
I have a 2+0 NA automatic before and I thought it was incredibly slow but I pulled the engine to do the conversion
I would not recommend as a first car but if you know what you're doing and know how to turn a wrench, it can be a fun car
if you have big feet, the driver side footwell can be a little cramped and the engine bay is relatively packed
>>
>>14765794
>overrated?
Neither over or underrated. Overlooked. Even in Japan they are rarely seen, most opt for the GTR or one of the many cheaper RWD Nissans.
>>
>>14764479
>Thoughts on them?
example of great engineering
>Over rated?
yes
>Under rated?
see above
>Unreliable?
only if previous owner was an idiot
>TT good/bad?
excellent
>N/A good/bad?
ok but not as good as TT
>Good first car?
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO please god no
>Good experienced enthusiast car?
yes
>>
>>14765839
I would agree with this, I rarely see them here and when I do it's either an NA or at the local Z shop. Only see a handful of TTs out driving around town.
>>
>>14764586
This is basically how i felt when i owned one plus if your not earning decent money good luck buying those expensive as fuck parts
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.