[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best method to prevent your wheels from being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: should have been lower.png (814 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
should have been lower.png
814 KB, 720x1280
What's the best method to prevent your wheels from being stolen? What kind of locking system actual works?

inb4
>niggers
>beaners
>chicago
>garage
>being poor
>living in the ghetto
>welding lugnuts
>parking outside
>shit wheels
>nothing of value
>zoom zoom
>>
>>14736863
Move to the white area of your town.
>>
if they're that valuable, consider taking them off at night and putting them on in the morning

time waste? sure

but if you insist on leaving your shiny rims unsupervised in public in the middle of the night, not much can be done.

i wouldn't leave my apple laptop and my rolex and my basketball shoes outside in the middle of the night, only kept in place by a nut

but honestly, i know you WANT to have shiny rims, but clearly it's not feasible at this point in time. i get it, the point is to show other people how cool and wealthy you are, but the fact is you are parking a mazda3 on the side of the street. maybe you can have nice rims when you get a private, guarded parking garage, a nicer car, and job with which to pay for those things.
>>
>>14736899
People still steal regular wheels. Crackheads will steal them for crack.
Beaners love Honda Fit wheels for some reason.

My friend saw, and called the cops on a bunch of niggers rolling through an upper middle class neighborhood steeling catalytic converters.

It dont matter where you are, your shit can get stolen.

Your comparison is retarded.
>>
File: 1459188437741.png (162 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1459188437741.png
162 KB, 480x352
>live in area full of beaners
>own 1987 Civic
>kid comes up
>"eeeee nice car esé"

If he's on my property he's gone
>>
>>14736863

live further away from you know who
>>
stance the car so low they can't fit a jack under it

really you could get a shop to machine some kind of lug nut like they put on certian rims and make up your own special tool thats needed to undo it, since a lot of them use the same exact tool and if people would probably carry one.
I don't know how you imprint/recess the area where the special tool would go though, which would be hardest part. if you could do it without having to make a new nut from scratch, then it'd be even easier.

theres probably somewhere online that's already done this i'd say, different to that usualy star shape one.

you can also get wheel locks like they use on boats/trailers/caravans etc.
one in pic would probably be best if you wanted to do on all 4 wheels.. but i'd say ordering some kind of specialty lug nut that most people won't have the tool for like the usual star one would be better.

or you could put some velcro on rims and just slap on a hubcap
>>
Should put that nice wheel money towards a house with a garage
>>
>>14736863
Locking wheel nuts.
>>
>>14737770
Stops them the first night. Take a phone picture, buy the key on Amazon and come back two days later to take them.

Out of sight is the best way, get a garage.
>>
File: u can findme on tha track.jpg (136 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
u can findme on tha track.jpg
136 KB, 799x599
>>14737433
>stance the car so low they can't fit a jack under it

>or you could put some velcro on rims and just slap on a hubcap

first good ideas all thread
especially the velcro hubcabs
>>
>>14737805
>implying niggers are this smart
>>
>>14736863
If your car is shitty enough, weld the wheels on. Just to fuck with niggers.
>>
>>14737837
This. Nobodys gonna go to that much effort to buy a tool just to unlock it. It's not like those rims are gold plated worth fifty grand.

Besides if those dumbasses buy the key off amazon, and just the key, not the lock, they'll be traceable as fuck.
>>
>>14736933
>Beaners love Honda Fit wheels for some reason.
Beaners love Fit wheels because they use the same bolt pattern as their old Honda shitboxes.
>>
File: tracksubaru-655x492.jpg (112 KB, 655x492) Image search: [Google]
tracksubaru-655x492.jpg
112 KB, 655x492
>>14736863
They can't steal what you don't have OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1280x854
>Install airbags
>Enjoy cushy suspension
>Enjoy security knowing they probably don't have a jack that can fit under the car when deflated

In the mean time decide if you really need those schmancy wheels so bad when you can't find a safe place to park your car overnight. Also get them insured.
>>
My car HAs alarm that will go off when its jacked up
>>
>>14737851
>if they buy it they'll be traceable as fuck
What? To much circumstantial evidence also why buy the key? Why not use a reverse thred lug nut extractor
>>
Center locks, need a nitrogen tank and a 3/4" drive impact to get them off
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 800x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 800x457
>>14737433
>>14737770
>>14737851

Oh you have fancy custom one of a kind pattern wheel locks? Oh please say it ain't so.
>>
>>14737845
>weld wheels on
>later, tire blows out
>have to weld the whole fucking wheel off if you want to change it
why
>>
>>14736933
I live in the hispanic area of town. There have been 3 times I've seen people steal some wheels.

most of the time they were niggerish wheels. and some camry wheels
>>
>he can buy $500 wheels but not rent a house with a garage
>>
>>14737995
With the right tools it takes about 30 seconds to get those nuts off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqngx4y_nM
>>
Have you considered moving to a lighter part of town?
>>
>>14738086
OP is probably the kind of guy who moves to the ghetto because it's more "authentic"
>>
>>14738052
Ayy Lmao.
>>
Locking lug nuts are like $30 for a good set and work perfect.

Just don't lose the key or you'll be cutting them off.
>>
>>14736863
Sleep in your car.
With a gun.
>>
>>14738977
"no"
>>
7 spline lug nuts work good. 6 spline nuts are shit and allow smaller sockets to grab the edges.

However, nothing you do at the wheel end can ever save your wheels. If a nig- Someone wants them bad enough, they'll either smash the passenger window and go through the glovebox, where most people keep the locking key, or they'll steal the whole vehicle and dump it somewhere.

The best bet is to invest in something that visually looks annoying but isn't too hard to remove, and making sure your insurance jews know that you have aftermarket wheels on your car so they can replace them for you after your lawyer threatens to sue them for the 5th time.
>>
>>14738960
I can get those off in about a minute a piece just from working at a dealer, everyone loses their keys and they're so easy to get off.
>>
>>14738055

>Damage free removal
>All that aluminum flying everywhere
>>
>>14738960
Fuck these lug nuts mang. The key that came with my rsx when I bought just broke last night. Funny tho the ones I had on my civic lasted forever
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.